Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

4.2

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene, Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Carbon Black.

I love how easy it is to apply this stuff! It's pigmented, stays on, and works for someone who can't do liquid liner without crying/wanting to kick a puppy (me)

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Nice lil pen, I absolutely suck at doing eyeliner and this makes it really easy. I love how dark it is and it seriously does not budge, I've slept in it and my eyeliner literally looked perfect in the morning. :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

No, no, no...this was not smudgeproof at all. After giving it several tries, it transferred onto my upper eyelids each time. I found Urban Decay's and Stila's liquid eyeliners truly budgeproof, and will stick to these instead.

I haven't tried many liquid eyeliners, so it would be unfair to call this my HG item, but it's certainly proven to be an effective eyeliner.

Though my eyelids are quite oily, the Tattoo Liner stays put for literally a 12-hour day (or even longer). The formula is very inky and creates precise lines with the felt tip.

I decided to not give the product a fifth lippie because I noticed that it would tend to dry out very quickly when I left it uncapped for merely a minute to draw in my eyeliner. I'm not sure if this is common for other folks who've purchased it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in the brush tip, as that is something I'm more used to since I pretty much started using liquid eyeliner with the NYC liquid liner.

I do enjoy the ease of use with this, and I get a really sharp cat eye, but I notice I have to go over twice to get my liner opaque.

Another unfortunate con (for me) is that it doesn't really dry down matte. It has a slight shiny finish as opposed to the NYC liner which is matte (which is what I'm into).

Overall, I'd really only just repurchase this if there was a matte version.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

All I can say is that I was never able to do a cat eye until I bought this. The tapered brush was exactly what I needed to be able to draw a straight line. I wear glasses and have a really hard time with eye makeup because my vision is so bad I can't see in the mirror with them off. This worked for me because I could hold the pen almost vertically and get very close to the mirror to draw a line. Anytime I've tried that in the past with pencils or brushes it wouldn't deposit enough color and would be patchy. Maybe this worked because the built in brush was really saturated every time. I really do love it. The color lasts and doesn't travel throughout the day. It's my favorite eyeliner of all time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eye liner, just like the title says "tattoo line" its hard to remove, you need make-up remover for this liner. But anyway the eye-liner is nice, not as pigmented as I want to so I have to do my line twice,it glides on easily and it dries quickly. Also this eye liner doesn't smudge or crumble even after a long 9 hr work shift.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Very easy to manipulate, and great color payoff. However, when I was testing it, it faded away easily under water. It won't be much trouble to remove, but this is definitely not waterproof.

Maybe I got a bad one? I received a free sample size from Sephora, and was excited to try this after hearing all the hype. I wasn't interested in buying it because I typically use dark brown liner. My favorite is Physician's Formula Eye Booster pen in dark brown. In situations where you are getting your picture taken, it looks better in pictures if you are wearing black liner, just gives your eyes a bit more pop.
This wasn't as black as thought it was going to be, it faded down to almost a bluish undertone, which isn't very flattering. It was easy to apply, but the color just wasn't there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am not a liquid liner pro by any means, but this product makes it easy to get as thick or thin of a line as you'd like and wing it out. Very pigmented. Lasts all day. Holy grail for me!