October 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Powder - Origins - Multi-Grain Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I use this to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation, not as an actual foundation itself. I chose this because of the quality ingredients & added SPF. Most setting powders make me look dull, too matte, ashy. This gives me a soft glow with some slight added coverage. Really I only use TM's or MAC face & body foundation, so I'm not a heavy coverage girl. This multi grain foundation works great for me in that sense. If you want good coverage, this is not the product for you.

I've also used this by itself. It really doesn't give much coverage whatsoever, just slightly evens out my skin and makes me look more awake. I use the shade Medium Deep which looks very dark in the pot, but it comes out a lot lighter on the skin. I'm an NC30-37 btw.

I haven't had any irritation or breakouts from this product, and I have sensitive breakout-prone skin. It's expensive (£20 for a small amount of product) but you don't need to use a lot if you're using it over a TM/foundation so it'll last me a good while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I like this product. I bought it after listening to a you tube review - I like using a powder foundation to set a liquid foundation and this powder has a nice color to it that gives a very nice shade to my face. I have always used a loose powder to set my liquid foundation and about a year ago started to use a powder foundation this way. Prior to using the Origins powder I was mixing a couple of loose powders for this purpose but now I am just using this one and finding it very effective. I do not have any problems with allergies or break outs with this although I do think they could be a little more generous with the amount they sell you for the money. Overall, though, I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It made me itch. :( I hoped it wouldn't because there's people saying they had problems with BM making them itch that were fine but I'm fighting the urge to scratch at my face. There's something in there setting me off.

Stinks too because it looks very nice on. Guess it's going back, assuming they take returns. The receipt for Macy's says they do but I wonder about the counter?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I went to macy's today and try on this foundation. I love the coverage. I used it with lancome concealer. I never like the coverage of mineral makeup but this one yes. The best thing is that it doesn't oxidize like other mineral powder. No talc, no paraben, and best of all no fragrance. By the way I used light medium it look very dark due to natural ingredients but not dark on skin which stated on the box. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ficklefreckle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off let me say that I loved this product. Like so many others I bought it after a recommendation from a well-known YouTuber. I have it in light-medium and it gives a lovely light, very slightly sheeny coverage which is not in the least bit powdery. I also believe that my skin has improved in texture and tone after using it for the past six months. The brush which is designed to go with it is very soft and perfect for buffing the minerals into the skin.

I would say that this foundation is for those who like a light coverage. If you are expecting a much heavier coverage because of seeing the YouTube videos, then you may be disappointed (bear in mind that she wears a full-coverage liquid foundation and uses the Origins as a setting powder).

This powder is ideal if you have 'mature' but fairly decent skin. It has just the right amount of coverage - evening out the skin tone without it looking old-lady powdery. If you are over 40 I highly recommend you switch from liquid to this. You'll be amazed at how glowy your skin looks.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

I have tried so many MMU brands (Alima, EM, Philosophy Supernatural, UD, BE, MAC, LM and several drugstore brands) and this one tops them all. I love that the finish is natural and non-cakey and it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all, just like I have even-toned, more perfected skin. It doesn't cover everything (in other words, it's not a mask) but it offers the best coverage with a still natural finish which is exactly what I've been looking for. Other MMU's look too sparkly, too unnatural, either lean too pink, too yellow or just look plain dry on my normally oily skin (even with a mist of water or other methods I've used to apply, from brushes to flocked sponges, etc.). This one just glides on and lasts all day which is awesome for me since I don't have to touch up at work. I would definitely repurchase. For color reference I'm NW/NC 25 (more neutral leaning) and use the shade medium.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by BlueNite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I chose this foundation because I was looking for a natural foundation that didn't contain bismuth (I have an allergic reaction to it) and that wasn't tested on animals. I almost found it.

I don't have an Origins counter anywhere near me so I had to order it online. I felt I wasn't given the whole story when I purchased this product. They don't have a full ingredients list available anywhere online except on the side of the box after you purchase it. It wasn't even available on this website until I updated the ingredients list. Needless to say I was disappointed that bismuth was on this list, among other 'not-so-natural-sounding' ingredients. Its not as wholesome as they make it appear.

But I decided to give it a shot anyway since I had already purchased it and received it. With bismuth being the last ingredient on the list I figured I wouldn't react to it as badly as I did with other foundations I've tried. Luckily I was right.

I have fair, slightly red, combination/oily skin. I ordered the lightest shade, "01 Light." It looks darker in the container than it does on my face. The coverage is nice and buildable, never cakey, doesn't transfer, and can actually be used as a concealer if used with a smaller brush. The price isn't that bad, either.

I don't have a reaction to this product like I did with other bismuth-containing foundations, but I think its because the amount of bismuth in this versus the other products is substantially lower. Another part of my skin's acceptance of this product may be contributed to Origins' trio of A Perfect World Facial Cleanser, Skin Guardian serum, and Moisturizer. I've noticed dramatic improvement in my skin's 'temperament' after switching to these products.

Overall I gave the foundation a 4. I took away one lippie simply because I was irked with the fact that they withheld information on the ingredients list in order to market the product in a certain way.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by orientalxxpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product..but I'd use this sparingly see as how it runs out so quickly! I've only had this product for about three months and I've hit pan. It sucks bc I like it a lot, but spending 25 on it again? Eh idk.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by poppyglitters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to love this product after hearing all thehype about it...(all the natural ingredients, oatmeal,soy,etc...) i wanted to try more natural products on my face so i purchased this with the Origins Quick Hide concealer (i did a review on this also). this is supposed to be healthy for your skin, and improve radiance.

so this was my fist experiance with Origins, and from the begining it was bad. The SA was really nice, but while she was colormatching me she was also trying to teach this new SA how to colormatch, and it took FOREVER. they were both super nice, but it was just so time consuming. the color (medium) looked a little pale on me but they reassured me it was perfect. later after making my purchases i passed by a mirror and WHOA!! my face was PALE! it looked like they matched me with the palest color they had. i immeadiatly rushed to the bathroom and tried to wipe off as much as i could. i didnt want to return this immeadiatly so i gave it a fair try and wore it every day for a week.

First off all this did make my face a little more radiant when i WASNT wearing makeup which i liked, but no one really sees me without makeup anyway. and the reason i purchased this was becausde i didnt want anymore breakouts. but this gave a BUNCH of tiny little pimples all over my face (it wasnt like cysty pimples, just small little white/blackheads and a bunchof little bumps)! and i knew it wasnt the concealer because i was breaking out on places where i didnt even use conceaeler. PLUS this looks SUPER dry and cakey if you dont exfoliate and moisturizes crazily. i even have oily skin! i used the Origins Micro dermabrissium samplethey gave me and i loved it! so that took most of the cakeyness away. this fndt did give a nice natural matte finish which i loved. but the color and the pimples turned me off. the color choices are pretty limited so i couldn't really exchange it for a perfect match. maybe origins is only HG for their skincare products (loveddd the microdermabrissum) for reference im NC30-35,BB warm beige, BE & BE matte golden medium

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 12:19:00 PM More reviews by heather6869

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product, but unfortunately it gave me a rash! I loved the light coverage and glow but not enough to deal with the flaky mess it created. Back to the store it went...