September 15, 2014 | 956 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this based on MUA and Beautypedia (Paula Begoun) excellent reviews, and I can see why. It has the "National Eczema Association Approved" seal on it. It is fragrance-free and very hydrating. It sinks right into my skin and keeps it soft. I have eczema and this is probably the best moisturizer I've gone through.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good lotion for people with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying just about every other brand of lotion (and even a couple from this brand) I had almost given up on trying to find a lotion that works for me. This Itch Defense is the one! Wow...I'm blown away by it's effectiveness and how well it hydrates my extremely dry sensitive skin without causing further irritation. When I say hydrate I mean velvety moist and perfectly smooth skin. It's thick and rich, but not greasy, and you don't need 10 minutes to rub it all in...A couple swipes and you're done. Most creams and lotions cause me to breakout in rashes all over and itch like crazy...but not this one. Ive had unsightly scales on my shins for as long as i can remember and nothing would improve it. After using itch defense for a week that's all gone! I felt like crying when I noticed how nice my legs look without all that scaliness! And I'm so happy it's completely fragrance free! If you have problem skin or just want a lotion that will make your skin baby soft and silky this is an absolute must try! It has transformed my skin. I'm tempted to buy a case of this stuff and live in fear they'll discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by habana

I've been using this lotion for close to a year now, and I am absolutely sold on it. I get eczema on my hands, elbows and face and this lotion really helps. It hydrates my skin and relieves the itch. My skin has never been softer since I started using this, especially my very dry legs. The bottle says safe to use on face and it's true! It doesn't clog my pores and helps the eczema on my face, leaving it ready for makeup application without dry patches. It is the perfect consistency....not runny and not too thick or greasy. It doesn't take that long to dry. It's also fragrance free so it doesn't interfere with my perfume. This is one of the very few lotions that doesn't irritate my legs when I put it on after I shave. Most lotions burn and give me red bumps. The price is very reasonable too. I think it's around $6 at Walmart for a 13 oz. bottle. I highly recommend this lotion, and plan on continuing to use it. This lotion is AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by iloovelalu

I was first recommended this product nine years ago by my doctor, when I was suffering from frequent bouts of eczema. This product definitely helped soothe and eliminate the large rashes on my body. I still keep coming back to this product today! As someone with both eczema and sensitive skin, I can confidently say that this is the best moisturizing body lotion that I have ever tried.

The product comes in a large bottle with a lot of product, with a large pump. The lotion itself is extremely light and spreads very quickly and evenly onto the skin. It leaves the applied area extremely soft and relieves itchiness.

I would not only recommend this product to eczema sufferers, but to those who wish to have baby soft skin as well! Awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by azalea333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best lotion I've ever used on my dry, eczema prone skin. It makes my skin super soft and well hydrated. It is very thick so I don't use it in the summer. I like that even their smaller 13 oz. bottles come with a pump. I like lotions in a pump bottle and other lotions like Jergens and Vaseline only come in bottles with pumps if you buy the jumbo 20+oz. bottles. I don't like getting the giant bottles. The packaging is pretty boring though, but I don't buy lotions for how cute the packaging is so I'll continue to buy this lotion as long as they continue making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by labablegurl

i have eczema on my arms,neck, and around my eyes. i have tried cetaphil, cerave, and aquaphor, etc but they didn't do anything for skin. but this lotioin was a mircle. i put this around my eye and it made it so mositurize and it took away the itch. it also moisturize my arms and my neck, but it didn't take the itchiness away.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by jessesuzanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! Any time my skin gets that dry itchy sensation this cures it with one rubdown! And it's so nourishing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Blaaaahs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So when winter came around and the weather became cold and dry, my skin started to itch like crazy (everywhere and at different places each time - back, shoulders, legs, arms etc). I don't have eczema, but my skin became so sensitive to the point where if I absentmindedly scratched it, my skin would becoming lumpy and gross looking (though it comes and goes). It would start to itch at night before I sleep - and sometimes I wake myself up from scratching! This never happened before and I have no idea why it started this year. But anyway - I tried different moisturizers and body wash that was meant to be for dry and sensitive skin, but none helped. So I hopped onto MUA and came across this product. After reading such positive reviews, I ordered one myself online (I am unable to buy this in retail stores here).

It works perfect! After a week of using it after shower, my itchiness reduced by a whole lot. In fact, since I stopped itching, I stopped using this product because I'm lazy. A couple of days after - I started to itch like mad again. I took out my bottle of Curel Moisture Lotion again and again - I stopped itching after another week of using it.

I've been using it every day since (have been so for almost a month now) and I haven't had any itching problems. Maybe one or two minor ones every now and then, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. It works like magic.

The only downside is that it can feel a little creamy/heavy for those who aren't used to using body moisturizers. I never liked using them because I felt too "icky" when I put my clothes on afterwards - but you get used to it, and a bit of "ickiness" beats mad itchiness any day! I only use it once a day (after shower) and it seems to last a long time. It's a pretty big bottle for very decent price imo (compared to all those branded cosmetics that can cost hundreds of dollars for a tiny amount!).

Would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by istyleit

I use this on my children which have had histories of Ezcema, They currently do not but I still use this lotion because it is so great, clean feeling and keeps their skin from drying out. I do wish it was paraben free but otherwise I love it!`