April 18, 2014 | 1993 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Cat Eyes Waterproof in feline black

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by svntang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the packaging, I love the black & pink detail! Its a decent mascara, it holds the curl really well (I'm asian :P). The thing I didnt really like is that it is waterproof, and I was afraid it wouldn't come off easily. I use the body shop make up remover, and its alright, take some time but it does eventually come off. Also it makes your lashes stick together like spider legs. I tend to use a tissue to wipe away the mascara in between the two combs so that it wont clump my lashes so much and look more natural. The brush wand itself is different, but not that hard to pick up. I won't repurchase this just because I'm scared of the word 'waterproof' :P But otherwise its a great mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the German version of this product (because I'm German and my relatives and friends send me the latest beauty products from Germany to America on a regular basis), which comes in a yellow tube with leopard spots, it's very cute. The brush itself is not the same neither, it's curved and makes you reach every single lash, which is very convenient. Overall, it's a good product, and I would buy it again, but it doesn't give me enough volume. It lengthens very good though and smells good, also this version is NOT waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by jcq

it's long lasting, its waterproof, its lengthen my lashes. but i had big trouble with the comb. I have shaky hand and if you also do, i really dont recomend this as it might stab your eyes than other regular brush can do.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by NatureLover0685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been a fan of Maybelline mascara for years, so when this first came out, I bought it because the brush is so different from the past mascaras I've used.

In terms of results, I absolutely love it. Since I have short eyelashes, I'd curl my lashes in the morning prior to applying my mascara, and it stays on for THE ENTIRE DAY!! The increased length of my eyelashes are quite obvious, and they curl wonderfully without giving you that exaggerated, spidery look (like some of the Japanese brands I've used in the past). Plus, because the brush is tinier than normal, I can reach and apply the corner of my eyes without smudging. Overall, this is one incredible mascara. I took one star off because at the end of the day, it tends to take quite some time to remove. But this is, to me, a very minor detail.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by ccyndi28

My first time using this masara. It was great@ I have read so many reviews that this is so difficult to remove and I was worried. I used Biore makeup remover for eye and lip..and Bingo! It was hassle-free. Try it! *_^

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On the whole I quite liked this mascara. I generally look for volume and not length in mascaras and have straight Asian eyelashes that need to be curled. This mascara has a comb type wand and applies smoothly and easily without clumping or streaking even after multiple coats. It holds curl very very well and is definitely waterproof and stark black. As the name goes, it is really good for volume but not for length.
The downside is that this is a pretty tough formula to remove and you really need a good eye makeup remover. I found it to be easily removable with warm water and the dual-phase Eye and Lip Makeup Remover by Maybelline (which seems to be discontinued in Singapore). It's about as hard to remove as most Japanese waterproof mascaras, which says a fair bit. But it performs very well and for the price, it's a decent buy and I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara looks really cute with pink tiger stripes on the cap of the tube! I was really looking forward to trying it out, especially with the comb applicator wand and that it's supposed to give out a cat-eye effect!

However, it clumps like free!! My lashes looked like they have blobs on them :( As the color payoff is pretty awesome, it made the clumping even more visible! I think it's the comb not being able to separate those lashes properly.

But the commendable part would be it's color payoff and lasting power! I tried this out on my lower lashes and it worked really well (probably due to lashes being pretty sparse and thin over there) and lasted the whole day for a good 10 over hours. It defines and thickens the lashes! I think it's the comb applicator.

Sadly, I would not repurchase this, unless they change the applicator to a brush kinda.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Bluehope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst mascara I've ever had.
It only comes in waterproof, and I'm generally not a fan of water proof.
The little brush thing basically groups your lashes together in an unnatural looking way, usually clumpy and really hard to remove.
It took me half an hour to get it off using make up remover! And you can't really separate the clumps either, lash brush or not.
Don't buy it. Waste of money and time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by arumhandayani

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

IMO, this is the best drugstore mascara I've ever used. I'm on my 4th tube, so this prooves that I loooove this product so much. It doesn't run nor clump. It stays on until you take it off with an eye make-up remover. Actually this is the only bad thing I can say about it. It is quite hard to be removed. Although it is very easy to put on too much, especially if yours is new. I find that when it dried a bit it works best for me.

I have a long but not curly lashes, so I still need to curl mine first before I put the mascara on.

The price is cheap. I bought mine from Carrefour (@ Jakarta) for IDR 80.000. But then Carrefour often have promotions for make-up products, so I bought another one for IDR 50.000 last week just because they are on sale.

Hope that helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara smudges like a b*tch! HATE IT SO MUCH!!! I thought the comb applicator would make it easy to use but it looked so bad. My lashes had thick clumps of mascara on the roots. And the clumps flaked and smudged on me in less than three hours.

My lids are oily but the Maybelline volum express always works on me.