July 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this perfume!! it is my current go to. it is powdery, but not overwhelmingly so. I love bulgari femme, but find that this is a more subtle powder smell that mixes beautifully witht he floral notes. It's a crisp smell, not woodsy or oriental, but I love it for fall, winter, and spring. the bottle is basic but pretty, with a crystal effect and I like it's understated elegance on my vanity. My mother loved it also, so I gave her a bottle for christmas. will def repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my personal favourites, this perfume is just right. It's not overbearing yet it's not so suttle that you can hardly smell it. The smell itself is just the right balance and has a really pretty bottle to go with it. I have not smelled another perfume like it.

It is expensive but is worth the price, Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by razzledooda

I have the EDP and the EDT. The bottles are beautiful and the scent is light, sweet and quite rosey. I like how it smells on my skin, however even the EDP doesn't last long at all. Maybe I just can't smell it on myself? My friend did compliment me when I was wearing this and she really wanted to know what is was. It's romantic and feminine but on the subtle side. Quite nice but too expensive to buy again. I like it, but not enough to pay the RRP.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I received this as a gift along with the scented body lotion. It's not something I would have bought, at least at retail price.

The packaging is pretty and classic.

As for the scent, it is a very light scent, not overpowering at all. I'm not a big fan of florals, but this has a delicate rose touch to it, that combines with other elements (vinyl accord, cranberry, blackberry, violet, peony, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood and musk) really nicely.
This scent is neither overtly floral, or fruity. It is subtle and understated, not teenage or cheap smelling at all.
I was pleasantly surprised to find I really like it!

As for the lasting power - it doesn't last on me at all, for even a few hours (I have the eau de parfum), even if layered with the body lotion.
This can be seen as either a positive or a negative. It makes it almost impossible to over apply it, but it means you will use more, and never quite achieve the level of scent you want.
I have not encountered this problem with other perfumes, except for one that was a few years old and had past its shelf life. For other perfumes, usually one spray on my wrists can be dabbed on my neck and is more than sufficient.
At least a light scent remains on clothing the day after spraying, which is a plus.

Given that a few other reviewers have noted the same problem, I am not sure if we got a bad batch or this just doesn't work with our body chemistry.

Generally I like fragrances that are a balance of sweet and fresh - I don't like anything sickly sweet or overpowering.
YSl Paris very much fits these requirements.
Other scents I like - Chanel Chance (fresh, sweet); L'Eau D'Issey / Davidoff Cool Water (fresh, light); and YSL Baby Doll (sweet, powdery).

I chose 'yes' for purchasing again, but this is dependent on finishing a perfume, which I find very hard to do!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for my friend, and thought that is not my type of fragrance but will be beautiful on my blond and well-dressed friend. And it really is. Very chic and feminine, but powdery. She stayed night at my place and next morning the scent was still strong, but even better. I could consider wearing it too. She fell in love with Parisienne.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mellabella88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful fragrance, very sweet and floral. Shame it doesn't last long!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by worldtraveler05

I got this as a Christmas gift, and while it wasn't on my list at first, I love it. My first choice is still Chanel's mademoiselle, but this perfume from YSL is pretty great. I love the scent, it is feminine and not overpowering. It lasts the whole day, so I don't have to respray later on. Also, I just do like two squirts and that is the perfect amount. I also love the bottle, it is beautiful.

I would definitely recommend this perfume and buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

BEAUTIFUL!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by crystalcastle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful fragrance, lasts ages, unique smell & beautiful bottle. The first time i wore this people stopped me to ask what i was wearing. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by aud73

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this perfume and I fell in love right away. The smell is really great. I get a lot of compliments on this perfume! I spray some all over my body in the morning, and then I apply some of the body lotion/cream on my arms and kneck at around noon. You will smell really good, but not too much. It isn't such a heavy smell. There is one problem. The price. I received the full-sized perfume and cream as a gift for christmas, because I couldn't afford it. The kit was around $95. It's a lot, but I love it a lot. It is my favorite perfume of all time!