November 22, 2014 | 1917 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by MerryHappy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I thought I would love this perfume--I lusted after it for months. I wanted it more than I had ever wanted any fragrance before. It had wonderful marketing, packaging, and the sample I tried was absolutely divine. But upon wearing it, it faded fast within a few hours. Instead of feeling sexy and feminine like I had hoped for, I was disappointed. I didn't notice the notes that were supposed to be there, but maybe that is just how it reacted to my body chemistry. All I know is it did not meet my expectations, and I found it unfortunately, rather mediocre and average at best :[ I'd maybe be buying it again, seeing how everyone else has responded to it really makes me want to give it another shot, but I don't know. If everyone jumped off a bridge, right?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by littleneptune

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this perfume. It makes me feel light and pretty and "girly", but in a feminine way, not in an overly youthful way. I'm in my 40's and this perfume has enough sophistication to feel appropriate for me. However, I must admit I had a strong desire to wear pink during the first few weeks of wearing this fragrance! The scent opens with a light, somewhat dry rose and a hint of berry, then dries down to a sweet jam essence on me. Warning-this is a quiet perfume, with low sillage but surprising lasting power (in the eau de parfum). And that is fine by me because a) I don't enjoy big showy perfumes right now and b) I wear perfume primarily for myself-- I treat myself to a few sprays every single morning and find myself catching delightful little whiffs of Parisienne on and off all day. I also like the feel of this bottle in my hand, it's heavy and substantial and the cap closes with a nice little snap. I consider a perfume a winner if I have no desire to buy a second bottle of something else while I'm using it, and so far (one month in) I'm still in a monogamous relationship with Parisienne!
EDIT: Unfortunately 3 months in and I find myself straying...partly my fickleness lol but also because this perfume just doesn't have enough presence. Final conclusion: for me Parisienne is an extremely soft, easy, likeable perfume for everyday, but not dramatic enough for special occasions.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this perfume!! it is my current go to. it is powdery, but not overwhelmingly so. I love bulgari femme, but find that this is a more subtle powder smell that mixes beautifully witht he floral notes. It's a crisp smell, not woodsy or oriental, but I love it for fall, winter, and spring. the bottle is basic but pretty, with a crystal effect and I like it's understated elegance on my vanity. My mother loved it also, so I gave her a bottle for christmas. will def repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my personal favourites, this perfume is just right. It's not overbearing yet it's not so suttle that you can hardly smell it. The smell itself is just the right balance and has a really pretty bottle to go with it. I have not smelled another perfume like it.

It is expensive but is worth the price, Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by razzledooda

I have the EDP and the EDT. The bottles are beautiful and the scent is light, sweet and quite rosey. I like how it smells on my skin, however even the EDP doesn't last long at all. Maybe I just can't smell it on myself? My friend did compliment me when I was wearing this and she really wanted to know what is was. It's romantic and feminine but on the subtle side. Quite nice but too expensive to buy again. I like it, but not enough to pay the RRP.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I received this as a gift along with the scented body lotion. It's not something I would have bought, at least at retail price.

The packaging is pretty and classic.

As for the scent, it is a very light scent, not overpowering at all. I'm not a big fan of florals, but this has a delicate rose touch to it, that combines with other elements (vinyl accord, cranberry, blackberry, violet, peony, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood and musk) really nicely.
This scent is neither overtly floral, or fruity. It is subtle and understated, not teenage or cheap smelling at all.
I was pleasantly surprised to find I really like it!

As for the lasting power - it doesn't last on me at all, for even a few hours (I have the eau de parfum), even if layered with the body lotion.
This can be seen as either a positive or a negative. It makes it almost impossible to over apply it, but it means you will use more, and never quite achieve the level of scent you want.
I have not encountered this problem with other perfumes, except for one that was a few years old and had past its shelf life. For other perfumes, usually one spray on my wrists can be dabbed on my neck and is more than sufficient.
At least a light scent remains on clothing the day after spraying, which is a plus.

Given that a few other reviewers have noted the same problem, I am not sure if we got a bad batch or this just doesn't work with our body chemistry.

Generally I like fragrances that are a balance of sweet and fresh - I don't like anything sickly sweet or overpowering.
YSl Paris very much fits these requirements.
Other scents I like - Chanel Chance (fresh, sweet); L'Eau D'Issey / Davidoff Cool Water (fresh, light); and YSL Baby Doll (sweet, powdery).

I chose 'yes' for purchasing again, but this is dependent on finishing a perfume, which I find very hard to do!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for my friend, and thought that is not my type of fragrance but will be beautiful on my blond and well-dressed friend. And it really is. Very chic and feminine, but powdery. She stayed night at my place and next morning the scent was still strong, but even better. I could consider wearing it too. She fell in love with Parisienne.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mellabella88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful fragrance, very sweet and floral. Shame it doesn't last long!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by worldtraveler05

I got this as a Christmas gift, and while it wasn't on my list at first, I love it. My first choice is still Chanel's mademoiselle, but this perfume from YSL is pretty great. I love the scent, it is feminine and not overpowering. It lasts the whole day, so I don't have to respray later on. Also, I just do like two squirts and that is the perfect amount. I also love the bottle, it is beautiful.

I would definitely recommend this perfume and buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

BEAUTIFUL!!!