September 19, 2014 | 1271 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by greenobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm just trying to finish up the bottle I have.
References: MAC NC40-42, MUFE HD 153, Revlon Nearly Naked 200 Warm Beige

I got this in the shade Barcelona. Now, at first, I loved this foundation. I thought the colour match was fantastic. I don't know why (or is it because I haven't noticed? I'm not sure.) but lately it has been looking a little too dark for me. I don't know if it oxidized or if it's just a bad colour match, or my skin's chemistry with this foundation has changed. It's just minutes after I apply it, too. Sometimes, this appears too matte, sometimes, just right, sometimes, it accentuates my dry patches, sometimes, it controls my oils. Bottomline is, there are too many sometimes with this foundation, it's too inconsistent. Also... this foundation TRANSFERS. It is so embarrassing sometimes, I take my exam, touch my face a little, and woops - I got foundation on my exam!

I'd get a sample before you try this out, stupid me did not. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

everything is too yellow/too pink for my skin tone, but i picked this up and it's just right! also DOESNT OXIDES which is amaaazing. I mix this in with moisturizer because sheer glow makes me too oily and moisturizer + sheer matte gives the perfect sheen, and it covers well with out being cakey at all. feels very nice, wouldn't recommend using without moisturizer it looks horrid.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

after using powder foundations for years, and never having tried a NARS foundation, i went to the NARS counter and they helped me out. i tried on sheer matte and sheer glow but went with the matte, because i prefer a matte finish. i was a pretty good match for Mont Blanc so i ended up buying that one. i have combination skin that is getting drier as i age. i find that i have to put this on lightly, or it can get too heavy on the skin. as long as i use it kind of sparingly, it looks really good. it gives me even coverage and helps (along with concealer) to conceal my chronic undereye circles.

the only thing is that when i use it (especially in winter) it highlights the dryness around my mouth/nose area. i live in a mostly warm/mediterranean climate and we don't have super cold winters, and it honestly isn't the foundation's fault, but i just thought i would mention it. i have to moisturize that area a lot before and after i apply the foundation and then it looks a lot better.

besides my dryness issues, this is one of the better foundations i've tried in my lifetime. i love the near flawless finish i get and the more matte coverage it gives.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by doaarahim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

didnt really care for the after feel

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this foundation! I decided to try this because I have very, very oily skin. The first time I put this on, I HATED IT! It was so splotchy, difficult to blend, and had no coverage! I didn't even cover the redness of my pimples.(Which the Nars sheer glow did) I couldn't wait to take it off! I decided to try it yet again to see if it was because I had exfoliated that day; and it was, because it was SHUCKIN' AMAZIN'! It did make some rough parts of my skin stand out and make it look awful! but o, the glow on my cheeks was beautiful! BUT! It wasn't matte! Then about an hour later my skin was so shiny! So the only true claim on this product is that it is very sheer. I would only recommend this if you have very smooth normal skin. But otherwise, save your 55 bucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

Am enjoying using this foundation. It does what it says it will do and like the fact it has so many qualities suitable for my skin type: Oil free, non pore blocking, fragrance free ect.

The colour is the best match I have ever come across for my skin. Other brands match to me something so much more darker and more orange based whereas I need a more yellow based foundation.
Staying powder is great and true, lasts all day. Keeps skin true to its colour.

I like that over time as it states it should, it does make skin more smoother and evens skin tone out with the added tumeric extract. Added benefits!

A shame the bottle doesnt come with a pump which is a little disappointing.
It is a little pricey but worth it since it can last you a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by goldteapot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the worst skin. It is oily with acne but dehydrated from acne products and so I have dryness and fine lines. That being said, this foundation does not cling to dry spots like others do and feels very nice. However, it as also very light coverage for me. The bottle is crappy for getting product out. I can only wear this is I am having a good skin day. If you have many imperfections it will do nothing for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's my first time trying it today and so far I really like it! I got a tester on it in the color "Deauville" and the color is a little bit off. I got yellow undertones, but this color were too yellow for my skin - swatching it on my skin it looked orange, but applied on my face it looked ok. I have already ordered a tester on it in the color "Gobi" and hope it will suit me better. So far I think the color range looks a little bit lame - they got a nice bunch of light colors, but not a BIG range. I actually think I have to mix two different colors to get my perfect/almost perfect match...

I applied it with my damp Beautyblender, and I've read that this foundation is hard to blend. I didn't find it difficult, but I had to work a little bit with it. This foundation ain't smooth when applied to the skin. It can feel a little bit dry and you have to blend really well to make it look even on the skin. I guess applying this with a brush could be difficult, but with the BB it went quite well. The hardest part was to blend it around my mouth and nose, were my skin isn't that moist. I guess this foundation will be REALLY BAD for those with dry skin, because this stuff is quite dry. Or quite... VERY dry. On the other hand, it's not drying - I got a some kind of combinated skin, sometimes I'm oily, sometimes normal, sometimes acne prone. I'm in a oily period now, and my skin seems to love the foundation so far.

After applying it, the foundation didn't oxidize. It stayed the same color through out the day. It's about 8 hours since I applied it - and my skin is still extremely matte!!! I've used a setting powder - MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - but this powder ain't the reason why my skin is still matte, it's the foundation. My skin looks so good and almost flawless - the foundation covers ok, I will say it's a medium coverage - if it's buildable, I do not know - but I guess since it's so dry, it won't be easy to build it up to a full coverage. I won't even try. My skin looks really healthy and pretty, and I can see a tiny bit of natural glow - don't get me wrong, I'm suuuuper matte at the moment, but somehow and somewhat, there's a hint of glow. And I really really REALLY like it.

I will continue using it, and see if I change my mind. So far, it's good. Great first impression, beautiful coverage, amazing finish and it's lightweight and pleasent on the skin. If it stays this good until I'm done with the tester, I will definitely buy the full sized bottle! Only thing I don't like about the foundation bottle, is the fact that it doesn't come with a pump. Of course I can buy it separately, but still... Will update if I change my mind. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

- My skin: NC25, combination (oily in T zone, normal on cheeks with some dry patches around my nose)
- I tried this in shade Ceylan (sample from sephora) which was a good colour match for my NC 25 skin
- Coverage - seems medium after 1 layer, I didn't try a second layer
- I tried this with: Paula's choice mattifying primer + MUFE HD powder to set
- Application: this was extremely difficult to apply! First I tried my fingers, but it was super streaky, and emphasized my dry patches like crazy. Then I tried a beautyblender, but it ended up blotchy and uneven in my T zone. I was unable to apply this to my forehead and nose whatsoever, and since I was in a hurry this AM, I just finished up my nose and forehead with my usual foundation. Coverage on my cheeks was OK, though my blush and contour didn't hold up throughout the day (compared with hourglass tinted moisturizer, which did help my contour last throughout the day)
- Summary: definitely will not be purchasing this. This might be the most difficult to apply foudnation I've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm not sure, but I think I've found my HG foundation! I've only been using this for a few days, but it is the only foundation I've ever worn that doesn't look cakey. I have extremely large pores (even Porefessional can't hide them) as well as tons of acne scars, so most foundations look really clumpy/cakey on my skin. However, this one doesn't! The shade (Macao) is a perfect match to my chest and two layers completely hides my dark spots/discoloration. I do recommend applying this in stippling motions over scars however, it gives it much better coverage.

The only cons I would say is that this does not control my oil whatsoever. I have to blot after an hr, which is normal for me, but a foundation that advertises "Matte" in its name should have better oil control. Also, this foundation transfers really easily (with the slightest touch) and the packaging is horrendous. There is no pump and to get the product out of the bottle I have to repeatedly tap it against my hands, which can be time consuming. But, all in all, I'm willing to overlook these cons in favor of a more natural skin look.

EDIT: So I've been using for roughly a month now and I LOVE it! Definitely my HG foundation! It's a bit pricier than other foundations that I've used, but definitely worth it! I realized that it was my primer causing me to be oiler (Benefit's Porefessional) and after discontinuing use I see a big difference in the longevity of my matteness. This stuff is GREAT, from the color, to the finish, to the coverage (after two layers). I would definitely recommend this to anybody suffering from large pores and oily skin!