October 2, 2014 | 1727 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Cara4444

I absolutely adore this foundation! It has great coverage and a lovely light-weight feel. Also, it's super blendable! I use it with my fingers on a normal day, and with my Mac fixplus soaked beauty blender for more special days/events. it keeps my oil at bay in the heat, and, as the day goes on, gives me a little bit of a glow despite being "matte". some might not enjoy this, but I like how the glow keeps me looking human and not like a walking doll.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Ccottam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In the ever so long search for the perfect foundation, this was one of my pit stops. I wanted a liquid foundation that would be long lasting and great for special occasions and when I wanted a full face of makeup. I never purchased this item, but tried it out twice in the store. Forewarning, if you are someone with sensitive skin, this is not the foundation for you. I felt like this product lived up to everything it represents itself to be, long lasting, sheer, however, in the two occasions i tried it in the store, I broke out with horrific pimples in the places I had tested this foundation. The first time I thought it was a coincidence, the second time confirmed it as a fact. I finally found Makeup forever HD liquid foundation which does work for my fickle skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There's actually not much to say about this foundation because..... IT'S CRAP!!!!!

I got a sample size of this because I wasn't sure if it would be too drying on my combination skin (really dry and extremely oily at the same time, bah) and I wasn't sure about the coverage. I like light coverage foundations, but I've heard that this provides a really sheer coverage, almost like it's not visible on the skin at all and gives you nothing. Well, that's true. It provides ZERO coverage. A little bit of colour, that's it. I got it in the shade Gobi, which is a OK match for me. A little too yellow, but that's alright. The colour selection is big, which might be the only positive thing about this foundation.... It covers less than a translucent powder for christ's sake. And that's bad.

When it comes to application, I do not recommend applying it with a sponge. The first time I tried it out I used my BeautyBlender, and the sponge sucked up aaaall the product, leaving nothing on the skin. I don't know what it is about the foundation, because I apply every single foundation I use with my BeautyBlender and it always works, even with waterbased foundations like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (only tested it a couple of times, I don't got it in the fullsize). I've tried with different foundation brushes, but with no luck. No coverage, no even application. The formula is really dry and weird. When applied it doesn't feel like a regular liquid foundation, it just feels dried out and disgusting, not soft at all.

I don't know anything about the staying power, because I have never worn it for more than 1 hour. My skin looked terrible after applying it, even though it provided zero coverage and just a hint of colour, it clinged to my dry patches and made my skin even more oily than before. Instead of making my skin look healthy, matte and just ok, it made my face look almost destroyed. I don't know how it's possible... Worst foundation ever, will NEVER EVER buy it in fullsize!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lemming this so bad!!! I had a sample in Stromboli and it's perfect. Perfect. I WANT IT!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by greenobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm just trying to finish up the bottle I have.
References: MAC NC40-42, MUFE HD 153, Revlon Nearly Naked 200 Warm Beige

I got this in the shade Barcelona. Now, at first, I loved this foundation. I thought the colour match was fantastic. I don't know why (or is it because I haven't noticed? I'm not sure.) but lately it has been looking a little too dark for me. I don't know if it oxidized or if it's just a bad colour match, or my skin's chemistry with this foundation has changed. It's just minutes after I apply it, too. Sometimes, this appears too matte, sometimes, just right, sometimes, it accentuates my dry patches, sometimes, it controls my oils. Bottomline is, there are too many sometimes with this foundation, it's too inconsistent. Also... this foundation TRANSFERS. It is so embarrassing sometimes, I take my exam, touch my face a little, and woops - I got foundation on my exam!

I'd get a sample before you try this out, stupid me did not. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

everything is too yellow/too pink for my skin tone, but i picked this up and it's just right! also DOESNT OXIDES which is amaaazing. I mix this in with moisturizer because sheer glow makes me too oily and moisturizer + sheer matte gives the perfect sheen, and it covers well with out being cakey at all. feels very nice, wouldn't recommend using without moisturizer it looks horrid.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

after using powder foundations for years, and never having tried a NARS foundation, i went to the NARS counter and they helped me out. i tried on sheer matte and sheer glow but went with the matte, because i prefer a matte finish. i was a pretty good match for Mont Blanc so i ended up buying that one. i have combination skin that is getting drier as i age. i find that i have to put this on lightly, or it can get too heavy on the skin. as long as i use it kind of sparingly, it looks really good. it gives me even coverage and helps (along with concealer) to conceal my chronic undereye circles.

the only thing is that when i use it (especially in winter) it highlights the dryness around my mouth/nose area. i live in a mostly warm/mediterranean climate and we don't have super cold winters, and it honestly isn't the foundation's fault, but i just thought i would mention it. i have to moisturize that area a lot before and after i apply the foundation and then it looks a lot better.

besides my dryness issues, this is one of the better foundations i've tried in my lifetime. i love the near flawless finish i get and the more matte coverage it gives.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by doaarahim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

didnt really care for the after feel

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this foundation! I decided to try this because I have very, very oily skin. The first time I put this on, I HATED IT! It was so splotchy, difficult to blend, and had no coverage! I didn't even cover the redness of my pimples.(Which the Nars sheer glow did) I couldn't wait to take it off! I decided to try it yet again to see if it was because I had exfoliated that day; and it was, because it was SHUCKIN' AMAZIN'! It did make some rough parts of my skin stand out and make it look awful! but o, the glow on my cheeks was beautiful! BUT! It wasn't matte! Then about an hour later my skin was so shiny! So the only true claim on this product is that it is very sheer. I would only recommend this if you have very smooth normal skin. But otherwise, save your 55 bucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

Am enjoying using this foundation. It does what it says it will do and like the fact it has so many qualities suitable for my skin type: Oil free, non pore blocking, fragrance free ect.

The colour is the best match I have ever come across for my skin. Other brands match to me something so much more darker and more orange based whereas I need a more yellow based foundation.
Staying powder is great and true, lasts all day. Keeps skin true to its colour.

I like that over time as it states it should, it does make skin more smoother and evens skin tone out with the added tumeric extract. Added benefits!

A shame the bottle doesnt come with a pump which is a little disappointing.
It is a little pricey but worth it since it can last you a while.