December 19, 2014 | 1631 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by sacoope1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Update
Hate this product as it oxidises and looked horrible after a while on my face. At first I rated this really well but it no longer worked for me.

I have found my right shade in Iman second to none stick foundation in earth 1. I am warm almond (6.5) in bobbi brown stick foundation. As the Iman stick foundation goes on really matte, I sometimes stipple my bobbi brown stick foundation over my Iman. Sometimes I prefer a slightly dewy look and as I do not like to waste products that I can make use of, I use the bb as well. The Iman second to none foundation stick transfer very little to non transferable. This is it for me. My search is over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by JessWab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily and sensitive skin. I found that I have to wear this foundation with a matte primer to keep my oil at bay. When I don't wear a primer I'm oily within an hour but with a primer I only have to touch up once during my work day! Besides that, I think the foundation looks very natural and didn't break me out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This foundation looked extremely cakey and made my face look very dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Tinamariearnold

This is everything I read about and more. It is very light weight and amazing coverage. I didn't get the one with SPF because I don't like wear SPF in my makeup, but it is a very good formula. I will say one negative thing: I hate the bottle it comes in. The top breaks off into the cap holding it. It's hard to explain, but once you get it you will see.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Cara4444

I absolutely adore this foundation! It has great coverage and a lovely light-weight feel. Also, it's super blendable! I use it with my fingers on a normal day, and with my Mac fixplus soaked beauty blender for more special days/events. it keeps my oil at bay in the heat, and, as the day goes on, gives me a little bit of a glow despite being "matte". some might not enjoy this, but I like how the glow keeps me looking human and not like a walking doll.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Ccottam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In the ever so long search for the perfect foundation, this was one of my pit stops. I wanted a liquid foundation that would be long lasting and great for special occasions and when I wanted a full face of makeup. I never purchased this item, but tried it out twice in the store. Forewarning, if you are someone with sensitive skin, this is not the foundation for you. I felt like this product lived up to everything it represents itself to be, long lasting, sheer, however, in the two occasions i tried it in the store, I broke out with horrific pimples in the places I had tested this foundation. The first time I thought it was a coincidence, the second time confirmed it as a fact. I finally found Makeup forever HD liquid foundation which does work for my fickle skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There's actually not much to say about this foundation because..... IT'S CRAP!!!!!

I got a sample size of this because I wasn't sure if it would be too drying on my combination skin (really dry and extremely oily at the same time, bah) and I wasn't sure about the coverage. I like light coverage foundations, but I've heard that this provides a really sheer coverage, almost like it's not visible on the skin at all and gives you nothing. Well, that's true. It provides ZERO coverage. A little bit of colour, that's it. I got it in the shade Gobi, which is a OK match for me. A little too yellow, but that's alright. The colour selection is big, which might be the only positive thing about this foundation.... It covers less than a translucent powder for christ's sake. And that's bad.

When it comes to application, I do not recommend applying it with a sponge. The first time I tried it out I used my BeautyBlender, and the sponge sucked up aaaall the product, leaving nothing on the skin. I don't know what it is about the foundation, because I apply every single foundation I use with my BeautyBlender and it always works, even with waterbased foundations like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (only tested it a couple of times, I don't got it in the fullsize). I've tried with different foundation brushes, but with no luck. No coverage, no even application. The formula is really dry and weird. When applied it doesn't feel like a regular liquid foundation, it just feels dried out and disgusting, not soft at all.

I don't know anything about the staying power, because I have never worn it for more than 1 hour. My skin looked terrible after applying it, even though it provided zero coverage and just a hint of colour, it clinged to my dry patches and made my skin even more oily than before. Instead of making my skin look healthy, matte and just ok, it made my face look almost destroyed. I don't know how it's possible... Worst foundation ever, will NEVER EVER buy it in fullsize!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lemming this so bad!!! I had a sample in Stromboli and it's perfect. Perfect. I WANT IT!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by greenobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm just trying to finish up the bottle I have.
References: MAC NC40-42, MUFE HD 153, Revlon Nearly Naked 200 Warm Beige

I got this in the shade Barcelona. Now, at first, I loved this foundation. I thought the colour match was fantastic. I don't know why (or is it because I haven't noticed? I'm not sure.) but lately it has been looking a little too dark for me. I don't know if it oxidized or if it's just a bad colour match, or my skin's chemistry with this foundation has changed. It's just minutes after I apply it, too. Sometimes, this appears too matte, sometimes, just right, sometimes, it accentuates my dry patches, sometimes, it controls my oils. Bottomline is, there are too many sometimes with this foundation, it's too inconsistent. Also... this foundation TRANSFERS. It is so embarrassing sometimes, I take my exam, touch my face a little, and woops - I got foundation on my exam!

I'd get a sample before you try this out, stupid me did not. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

everything is too yellow/too pink for my skin tone, but i picked this up and it's just right! also DOESNT OXIDES which is amaaazing. I mix this in with moisturizer because sheer glow makes me too oily and moisturizer + sheer matte gives the perfect sheen, and it covers well with out being cakey at all. feels very nice, wouldn't recommend using without moisturizer it looks horrid.