Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

4.5

Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Serica Ingredients Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985) (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Fire and Ice, the name says it all. When Revlon brought it out, women flocked to buy and wear it. Of course, back then, red lips were popular. It wasn't unusual for women to be sporting reds on their pouty mouths. Today, we wear all sorts of colors. This color has withstood the test of time, and Revlon keeps bringing it out because it is the #1 red color of all sellers in the industry. It's the top seller of all time because Fire and Ice has been around the longest.
It's more of a coral red. It's bright. It has some shine to it. It brings attention to your lips. It will highlight your face. It's not for the faint of heart. It's a color that women who normally wear red lipstick will try and if they like it, it becomes a permanent in their collection of reds.
I like to use it more in the summertime/spring because of it's brightness. It's not sheer and will last for a few hours. Depending on your color, (I'm pale) it will highlight your other areas. You can wear this alone with very little eye product just for a simple look. It's that good of a color. It lights up your face enough to do that. How many lipsticks do you own that are stand alone products? Should you decide to go the full makeup route beware to go less on everything else or you do look heavy on cosmetics. That's what this does. Fire and Ice is just there, designed to take over your face, highlight your mouth, draw attention to it. The original ad read: "For those of you who love to flirt with fire...who dare to skate on thin ice...a lush and passionate scarlet...like flaming diamonds dancing on the moon." Dorian Leigh, Hedy Lamarr and Jessica Biel were ads spokespeople for it. It's been around for 60 years now and that's good enough for me.
It's smooth, has lasting power and the color works well for me. It's also inexpensive.A pretty coral red with a little shine. As a change-off in Revlon colors I'll wear Really Red, a cool, matte, blue-red.
Look for Fire and Ice when it comes out in the special anniversary case. They've been really pretty.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This beauty launched in 1952, and it's been relevant ever since. As you'd imagine from its date of birth, it's a very creamy, fiery, coral-based, quintessentially '50s pagoda red. What makes it unique is how it seems to adapt to a variety of complexions without losing any of its hard-hitting, borderline neon strength. Definitely a keeper, and--no surprise--I tend to relish the fact that part of the midcentury visual norm can be used to torment 21st-Century squares. Irony makes the world go 'round. Although, again, if you shy away from very strong, statement-making colours, then despite the diversity of the fan base, this one probably won't be up your street.

on 1/23/2013 7:19:00 AM

I have never seen my mom so excited as when she talked about this lipstick from her days of youth in the late 50's & early 60's. She loves it. Well, apparently I have completely different coloring than her (even though we are both fair with almost black hair, brown eyes)...she must be more yellow toned or something (I am NW20). Because this red skews so orange red on me. (think a 70's Camaro). It is not an ugly color...just on me. I look better in pink or blue based reds. This just clashed so bad with my skin tone. My mom said it was the perfect combination of warm tones (Fire) and cool tones (Ice) to create the perfect universal red shade. Nice in theory, but it didn't translate to my lips that way.

on 1/22/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm a BIG fan of Revlon's SL line ( see my other reviews). So I read the reviews and splurged on this one in the vintage silver and gold tube. First the pros: the packaging is lovely. I'd be happy if every lipstick came in the elegant tube. The SL texture is just right for me. Price: got it on sale for about $4, a true bargain.
Cons: this color is not a true red on my NW15 face. It's more of a super-bright coral, which was not what I wanted at all.
This is not my first red lipstick; I already have a sheer red by Shiseido (I think it's called Natural Red) and Jewel Red from Bobbi Brown.
The color suits many other reviewers, so read our reviews, check our complexions, and decide if this red will suit you or not. I plan to try Revlon's Love That Red next.

on 1/2/2013 8:23:00 AM

I also love Revlon's history and their lipsticks. This is a fun and flirty red with a hot pink tone. Perfect for when I want a very bright red. Any red or dark pink liner lines well. Good pigment, wears well with a stain.

on 12/29/2012 2:50:00 PM

For the longest time I have stayed away from red lipsticks as I found everytime I tried one on, it made me look like a clown. Until I found Fire and Ice by Revlon! I have a medium skin tone with warm undertones and this colour looks fabulous on me! There is the whole debate on whether or not this lipstick has warm or cool undertones and personally, when I swatch it, it definitely looks like it has warm undertones, but when photographed (maybe due to the lighting?) it looks like it has berry undertones! But I would lean more towards it having warm undertones! It goes on smooth, it's creamy and has a slight satiny finish...it brightens up my whole face without looking clownish and I just can line my eyes, put on some foundation, and voila! A simple, yet beautiful look for a night out.

on 12/5/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It occurs to me that for such a lipstick addit I have been remiss in reviewing them. I am beginning to adress that with my can't-live-without Fire and Ice.
The GOOD: This is the best red on me I have ever worn. On my NC15/ELDW Ecru PPP skin this is a wonderfully bold bright shade. Somehow it is both orange and pink toned at once. It lasts really well for something not-longwearing - I would say 4 hours. It's wonderfully creamy without being glossy. It also makes a lovely lip stain, and in a pinch an ok blush. Ideal for bringing out your inner 50s/60s siren. Wear with flicked eyeliner and flawless skin.

The BAD: I actually don't have any. The packaging is ok, but not terrible, as with all Revlon porducts it's a little overpriced in Australia, but I think it's worth it.

Would always buy again.

on 11/26/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

If this was matte, it would be perfect.

on 11/26/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an incredible colour for the price. And the ingredients are not that bad actually, so that even natural makeup junkies like myself can rock this intense red with only a little guilt (EWG rating of 1). Polybutene and synthetic wax (petrochemicals) are not great by any means, but at least it is free of parabens and many other nasty ingredients.
Now I only need to muster the courage to wear it :)

Ingredients:

on 11/10/2012 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

GORGEOUS red color!! I thought this color was overrated until I tried it and now I'm obsessed with it. The formula is also nice. A+

Popular Lipsticks