December 19, 2014 | 1551 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a BIG fan of Revlon's SL line ( see my other reviews). So I read the reviews and splurged on this one in the vintage silver and gold tube. First the pros: the packaging is lovely. I'd be happy if every lipstick came in the elegant tube. The SL texture is just right for me. Price: got it on sale for about $4, a true bargain.
Cons: this color is not a true red on my NW15 face. It's more of a super-bright coral, which was not what I wanted at all.
This is not my first red lipstick; I already have a sheer red by Shiseido (I think it's called Natural Red) and Jewel Red from Bobbi Brown.
The color suits many other reviewers, so read our reviews, check our complexions, and decide if this red will suit you or not. I plan to try Revlon's Love That Red next.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Mazilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also love Revlon's history and their lipsticks. This is a fun and flirty red with a hot pink tone. Perfect for when I want a very bright red. Any red or dark pink liner lines well. Good pigment, wears well with a stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the longest time I have stayed away from red lipsticks as I found everytime I tried one on, it made me look like a clown. Until I found Fire and Ice by Revlon! I have a medium skin tone with warm undertones and this colour looks fabulous on me! There is the whole debate on whether or not this lipstick has warm or cool undertones and personally, when I swatch it, it definitely looks like it has warm undertones, but when photographed (maybe due to the lighting?) it looks like it has berry undertones! But I would lean more towards it having warm undertones! It goes on smooth, it's creamy and has a slight satiny finish...it brightens up my whole face without looking clownish and I just can line my eyes, put on some foundation, and voila! A simple, yet beautiful look for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It occurs to me that for such a lipstick addit I have been remiss in reviewing them. I am beginning to adress that with my can't-live-without Fire and Ice.
The GOOD: This is the best red on me I have ever worn. On my NC15/ELDW Ecru PPP skin this is a wonderfully bold bright shade. Somehow it is both orange and pink toned at once. It lasts really well for something not-longwearing - I would say 4 hours. It's wonderfully creamy without being glossy. It also makes a lovely lip stain, and in a pinch an ok blush. Ideal for bringing out your inner 50s/60s siren. Wear with flicked eyeliner and flawless skin.

The BAD: I actually don't have any. The packaging is ok, but not terrible, as with all Revlon porducts it's a little overpriced in Australia, but I think it's worth it.

Would always buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If this was matte, it would be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Manue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an incredible colour for the price. And the ingredients are not that bad actually, so that even natural makeup junkies like myself can rock this intense red with only a little guilt (EWG rating of 1). Polybutene and synthetic wax (petrochemicals) are not great by any means, but at least it is free of parabens and many other nasty ingredients.
Now I only need to muster the courage to wear it :)

Ingredients:
Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Polybutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, C10 30 Cholesterol/Lanesterol Esters, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax) (Microcrystalline Wax), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Silica, Synthetic Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Serica Ingredients Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985) (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

GORGEOUS red color!! I thought this color was overrated until I tried it and now I'm obsessed with it. The formula is also nice. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by saratee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Lisa Eldridge has always said good things about Revlon lipsticks so i decided to get my first one today. I have lipsticks by MAC, NARS, Clinique, Loreal, Estee. I am completely floored by this lipstick. The formulation is so creamy and smooth and feels like silk on my lips. The color is very pigmented and looks lovely! I am ready to toss out my NARS and MAC ones coz those feel so dry to the lips in comparison. Couldn't be happier!! thanks lisa

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like to just dab this color on my lips on top of a lip balm to tone down the color and it is so pretty and is long lasting....about 5 to 6 hours...and leaves a stained effect after it wears off. it instantly brightens my face and is perfect when i need to look made up quickly. i can just do concealer and this lipstick and i look put together instantly. this red is very interesting...when i have full foundation on, it looks orangy red and when i dont have foundation on, this looks pinkish red...so i believe this will suit any skin tone and i am impressed by the unique effect of this lipstick. it is semi matte finish that is not drying and the color and formula is comparable to high end brands. this is my first revlon lipstick and i cant wait to try more!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love makeup. I love history. I love the history of makeup. I love Revlon lipstick. So when Revlon came out with this little gem in the reproduction tube, I had to have it. (I would have bought it just to have, even if I couldn't wear it.) I have several red lippies, however, so I didn't take it out of the package until today. It's gorgeous, and it screams classic! I adore the silver and gold case, the creamy formula, the 1950s color. It looks like a shade you might see on Marilyn Monroe. So, the only reasons I'm giving this a 4 instead of a 5 are: first, Fire & Ice is not the greatest color for me. (I look better in cooler shades.) Second, the formula seems slightly dry--although I have to say I end up layering nearly every lipstick I wear with balm or gloss because they all dry my lips a certain amount. Finally, the beautiful tube isn't actually metal, or isn't all metal anyway. Still, I'm so happy to have this, and even happier that I can actually wear it. I look forward to layering this with other reds to find the best mix for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No