Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 2/10/2014 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- long wearing
- looks natural
- doesn't oxidize
- satin finish

CONS

- no pump
- dries quickly
- feels heavy
- color selection

COMMENTS: I despise foundations with no pumps, but that's just how the cookie crumbles. This is a long wearing, satin finish foundation. Medium to full coverage. It stays put on my oily skin and I get a good 4 hours before I get oily, which is the norm for me. It still managed to stay on, but will get quite dewy the longer it's worn. The finish is comparable to L'Oreal True Match - satin (very natural) then gets quite dewy, except this one doesn't transfer and isn't as lightweight. I love how this makes my skin look, though. It really melts into the skin and even if a brush is used, it gives the appearance of having used a damp blending sponge as it doesn't sit on top of the skin or look unnatural. It also didn't oxidize, though I kind of wish it did because the color selection is very small. Also, because there's no pump you end up wasting a lot of product due to how long the bottle is. It's difficult to get all of it out. 'Classic beige' would be a perfect match if it leaned more yellow, but it's the closest I can get to my NC37 match.

Will repurchase.

on 2/8/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for many years and it's my go to drug store foundation. My skin is sensitive and I haven't had any problems with this foundation. I work long shifts as a nurse and this foundation seems to cover really well and stays put for hours. The only thing I would say about this foundation is the colours are slightly limited. I use 010, the second up from lightest and it's a touch dark but I do tend to use a a touch of tan to the rest of my body, the lightest is too light. I would try this foundation as for the price it's great

on 2/3/2014 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for around 3 years, because it's the only one in this pricerange that I feel is ok. I doesn't stay on for 24 hours, in fact it's really not that long-lasting. But, the coverage is good and it doesn't come off on everything, it stays on your face, and with a good poweder it's mostly waterproof too.

on 1/21/2014 10:57:00 PM

This is hands down my favorite Drug Store foundation! It is pretty full coverage, but doesn't go on feeling greasy, heavy, or caked on. It goes on nicely..blends well, lasts a good while, and makes your skin look pretty flawless. I enjoy using this as my every day foundation and my more expensive foundations for when I go out at night. Great for the money!

on 1/20/2014 2:14:00 PM

Holy Grail status! Compared to the Revlon Colorstay, I like this wayyy better. I use the color Classic Beige and its a really good match for my skin. It photographs well and it doesn't make me look pale in any way. It lasts all day and gives me good coverage, super easy to blend with a flat top kabuki brush. For about $10 in the drugstore, I will repurchase again and again.

Update 4/27/2014: The first few weeks on the stuff was awesome, but halfway throught the bottle, the color changed on me. It became this weird orangey/tan color. I blend this foundation down to my neck for a more even coverage, but I could ALWAYS tell where I stopped the foundation due to the color change. NEXT!

on 12/13/2013 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the European version.
In Europe the color range for this foundation is very, very limited.
I bought the lightest shade available in my country - 10-ivory, and besides being too dark, it made my skin look redish (I'm around mac nc20).. what a shame..
than I found 05-light beige on-line and I bought it, because I have several foundations in light beige that suit me. well... surprise! it is a light pink after all!!! and what a gap between the two shades. Also, the numbers don't match other Maybelline foundations.
in conclusion: there are no shades available in Europe for pale skin, with neutral to yellow undertones!

on 12/11/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is fantastic foundation! It does not have sunscreen and I like that because all foundations with sunscreen burns and makes my eyes red.
This ones a keeper!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

doesn't stay 24 hours maybe a couple but not that long and its really cakey and its kind of chalky

on 11/12/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

If you have an oily face,don't buy this.It will just make your face looks more oily and shiny. It doesn't stay on your face for a long time.

on 11/11/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am surprised that this make up received alot of negative reviews, however, when it comes to foundation and our chemical balance - anything can happen. I have been lucky with Maybelline products so far. I bought this foundation in Classic Beige and got a perfect match. (I am an NC30/35) I didn't notice any oxidation, the color stayed true. It's easy to work with, blended well - I used an F80 to apply it. Right now it's been approximately 7 hours and I see a little bit of shininess by my nose and cheek areas but nothing unmanageable. My blush is still on, the make up hasn't moved, it's a nice product. The only thing i don't like is that there is no pump - I have no idea why there aren't pumps on ALL foundation bottles. It's just too messy pouring it out. I'd buy this again, I think it's better than Revlon Colorstay.