LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.6

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really hate myself right now, you'd think that I would learn my lesson. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through my cabinets when I saw this. A pang went through my heart when I saw this. I knew that my face had negatively reacted to it before, but the bottle looked so sad sitting there full. I decided I'd risk it. I followed the procedure and glimpsed at my face in the mirror the next morning, more pimples! They were in places I never usually get them in. With a sigh, I emptied the bottle out and threw it in my trash, eliminating any chance of me falling for temptation again. I still have the result of curiosity and hope on my face.

on 3/26/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use this all over my face as a serum. I wouldn't recommend applying like that unless you experience severely oily skin and acne. It definitely seemed improve skin texture and worked better as a preventative measure against future breakouts than it did to heal acne I already had. I had a separate spot treatment prescribed from my dermatologist that was more effective than this that I used on small areas.

I liked it while I used it, but eventually I discontinued using this product because my skin seemed to get used to the formula over time and it quit working for me.

on 3/25/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't think a lot of people are understand how this product is supposed to work. It is NOT an all over face product. It is a spot treatment. You use it on blemishes. Obviously nothing is going to be a miracle worker on those big cyst like pimples. Those need to work themselves out. I use this on white/black heads and it has been an absolute life saver. Maybe its not for all skin types, i understand that, not everything can be, but if you're not using a product correctly, of course its not going to work. This is also not something you can generally put on and then go out in the world with, because as it dries, if forms a film over the skin and flakes off the longer you keep it on. I put it on before bed and generally when i wake up, 80% of it has rubbed off. I have oily, acne prone skin and while it hasn't really done much for the oilyness, it is a miracle worker on pimples. I swear by this product. I use it after Lush's Fresh Farmacy and Tea Tree Toner Spray and my skin has never looked better!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product was okay. Before I bought this I was using a formula 10.0.6 spot treatment and I liked it because it did improve my skin and got rid of spots, but I always like to go for lush products because I feel like they're more natural. This product did calm my skin did and it reduced the appearance of a few of my spots, but when I had a breakout it made little difference. I also found I felt like I was wasting product, because one pump of the bottle was too much for just a few problem spots. This was a good product though and I would repurchase it.

on 3/12/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Overall, this product did zap the big whiteheads, but didnt help much with the red bump-acne, as my acne is too severe for this, I have medium to bad acne.

on 3/5/2014 9:01:00 PM

I have combo skin and my skin can get quite greasy. This serum was originally purchased as a spot treatment but i use it on my whole face. It somewhat helps with oil control but not to a significant extent. My skin feels nice after application. It doesnt help with my acne though.

on 2/18/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far this product has really impressed me. I had a really bad hormonal/stress breakout a week ago with large painful acne all along my jawline and chin. I bought this along with the lush tea tree water. Overnight this product calmed my breakout right down. It had been getting worse with new ones appearing overnight. After the second day of using this my acne had faded and is no longer sore. I haven't had any new spots appear since I started using this product and they are fading more and more each day.

So far I am very impressed. I have only been using this for three days so this is a first impression review. I will update this in a couple of weeks and let you know how I got on.

This product is able to be worn under makeup easily. Once it dries it doesn't flake or peel off.

This does not work give it a good 4 week test run and see what happens..because this does absolutely nothing but dry you out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i really really hoped this would work, but it didnt. i put it on some big, red pimples for about a week and it didnt do a thing!! they actually healed very slowly and have come back a few times. sorry LUSH, this was just disapointing

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't really work miracles like I expected it to. I love all of Lush's products and this one wasn't terrible but it didn't wow me. I use it as a primer on my T zone since my skin is incredibly oily and I do see some improvement. Overall, I think it's an okay oil prevent or but I haven't seen it actually improve my acne any. Buy a smaller bottle if you want to try it.

Popular Treatments (Face)