July 31, 2014 | 1240 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall this product is ok. I would buy it again because it does feel nice to put on and the redness does go away slightly. I bought this product a few months ago and have been using off and on. I find that it does minimize the oil on your face, so that can reduce the number of breakouts. This product does work, is it amazing? No, it's just average... It is natural and feels nice, it's a clear jelly type concoction so it won't clog the pores. I won't dash out to get this again when I run out of it, if I'm near a LUSH store I might pick some up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as an all over, preventative acne treatment. It does a nice job with inflamed and irritated spots. The ingredients clear up without causing further irritation. Although it takes slightly longer to clear a spot, I find my skin doesn't end up as dry and flaky around that area in the meantime. Have repurchased 3 times.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Ramalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really know what miracles people were expecting with this product, but I love it! I have typical teenage hormonal breakouts and this product is perfect for dulling down and getting rid of those traffic light spots. The consistency is a thick gel, and if you pump slowly you can control how much comes out. The gel dries clear over the spot and tightens the skin around it (so be careful not to get too generous!) and its easy to peel off... Pretty much the same consistency/ look as a peel off mask. I've used it on all my breakouts, and it lessens the redness overnight and decreases the size etc in about 24 hours. Would definitely recommend and buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As everyone said this isn't a miracle serum, I don't have oily skin so I only use it for my pimples overnight and depending on the size of the pimple and how much irritated you will see a difference I had a small pimple I put the serum on and now it's barely showing but if you have a big red pimple then the next day the redness will become less. Overall I highly recommend this for oily skin and pimples it does work I don't know how other people say it dosent work, maybe they've used it wrong

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Boborian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was pretty disappointed in this product, mostly because of the many rave reviews I read about it. It didn't 'zap zits' as it claimed. And for some reason, it leaves a white stringy substance on the areas where I apply it. This just means that I can't use it before I go out and thus, can only use it at night, during which, it does not even prove effective. Also, the packaging could use some improvement. One little pump and too much of the product comes out. In terms of price, I think it is reasonable considering the amount given. This product seems to work very well or not at all, depending on the person using it so think twice before buying it! You don't want to regret it. I will however, continue using this product till it finishes to see if it works wonders in the next couple of months and mainly because I don't want to waste money. I will definitely not repurchase this item.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unfortunately this doesn't work. I've been using it regularly for a while now and I haven't found it prevents breakouts or makes them go away faster at all. Oh well. I will probably keep using it until its gone though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I bought this recently again when I finally found it at my lush (it was always sold out) as I remember liking it the first time. I've come to the conclusion that this does nothing for me. I like the smell of it, and how it's clear, so you can wear it during the day. I guess you could say it controls oil, because it kind of tightens on your skin when it dries (not uncomfortably, though). But this doesn't help me with break outs at all. It doesn't change the size of them or help them heal. The worst part is, this was $14-$15 CAD for the small bottle. It was $10 the first time I bought it. I'll continue to use it in the hopes that it does something, so I don't waste it.. but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't impressed with this product at all. My skin is REALLY TOUGH, like it has absolutely no reaction to salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Nothing dries me out - nothing irritates me. I've tried countless drugstore and derm-recommend creams and regimens but nothing works. I guess it was obvious that this wouldn't work either... I mostly use it when I feel a tiny pimple coming during the day and I have makeup on. I wipe off the makeup in that area, put a coat of this on, and then cover with concealer. I have no idea if this does anything, I just like it cause it creates sort of a mask between the growing pimple and bacteria during the day (plus I get oily a lot and it keeps it under control for a bit). So yeah... wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by automatiqhigh

What I realised about pimple treatment creams is that they are either too strong or never work. Which sucks because whenever you get a pimple, all you need is something that can magically wipe it off within 24 hours. Or at most 2 days.

In my 22 years of living, I've jumped from one cream to another. I also tried all sorts of homemade remedy such as the toothpaste, baking soda etc etc. It all worked. For a few months before my skin got used to the formula. Sadly, the same goes for Grease Lightning Spot Treatment. It worked for a few weeks before the pimples learnt how to fight back and stay on my face. By the way, it costs a hearthbreaking amount of money for a tiny, tiny bottle - $21.

A word of advice: DON'T BOTHER.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SO MUCH. This is my favorite spot treatment ever! One issue I do have with this that isn't a big deal is the fact that the formula is so thick that it can really only be used at night, but that's okay because that's the time I only use spot treatment. I love how it gets ride of pimples pretty fast, but also gets rid of the scarring that acne and zits tend to cause. I believe the spot treatment is about $13.50, which seems expensive, but there is so much product in it. I've had it for two months and have barley made a dent in it. Overall I really like it and I really recommend it.