July 31, 2014 | 1902 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by felzhang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this blush for 8 months or so and it's a great product. It's on par with MAC's blushes, which I also use. The packaging is pretty similar, and the pigmentation is on par as well. This is a great product, whether you're on a budget or not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one that thinks this color resembles Tarte's "exposed" blush? It was almost a spot on dupe when swatched. That day I wore exposed on one cheek and mellow mauve on the other then asked my daughter to tell me which was which. She couldn't and said they looked exactly the same.
In terms of color they're close but formulation and lasting power... not so much. Tarte wins hands down. However, if you're looking for an affordable dupe check out Mellow mauve. It's a neutral toned blush leaning on the cool side that seems to flatter almost every eye look and lip I pair it with. For reference I'm NW30. It's not heavily pigmented but easy to layer for more opacity. I get a full days wear from this and it does not fade on me. I don't see shimmer but there is a barely noticeable glow. I'm loving this blush and find myself reaching for it often as it's a no brainer and goes with everything. $3 at Target. A steal IMHO.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

gorgeous blush but i dont like shimmery blushes i prefer matte ones....gave this to my mom and she loved it though

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by claricakes

I love this blush! I actually really like E.L.F products. They're super cheap but the packaging looks nice and the actual product is pretty good quality. Anyways, so I bought this at Target cause it was so cheap and really loved it! It looks super natural but gives a really pretty flush of color. A lot of blushes I have tend to look too much (I end up looking like a doll!) but this one is really great. One thing I will say though is that it doesn't stay for THAT long but it's not bad... Also, I don't know if it's just me but the packaging remind me of the Nars blushes... Anyways, would def repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful color! I have tan skin and it looks so pretty! The texture is a little bit chalky and dusty, not as smooth as the bronzer/brush duo compact I bought. Not sure why the texture is so different. However I am willing to forget the goofy texture considering the price is amazing! 3 dollars! Considering MAC blushes are 18 dollars and even some other drugstore blushes can be a bit on the pricey side. The compact is a slim and black with no mirror. I like how it doesn't take up a lot of room in my bag and is also pretty durable. All in all, I wish the texture was a little smoother but I still love the color and every else about it. Worth checking out for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm glad I decided to try out Mellow Mauve, as it really is mellow. It's a very light, cool-toned shade which I find similar to L'Oreal's Tender Rose (my HG blush). I reach for it when I'm going for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bellynim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really do like this blush. It is super pigmented especially for the price! Goes on Fair/Medium skin pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've usually used Mac blush which I love but ran into this and for $3 it was well worth it! Blends perfect with my fair-medium skin tone: does the trick just as well as the Mac I feel and about 1/6 the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by brownspize

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! I'm impressed! This color goes perfect with my skin tone....applied it at 730am and lasted until 5pm....I like this better than my Nars blushes....HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by stellamybrella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered the "Tickled Pink" and the "Mellow Mauve" blushes, and "Mellow Mauve" is by far my favorite! IMO it's very pigmented and literally stays on my face after 8 hours after working in an oily, sweaty restaurant (!). I was really surprised, and the price is just fabolous. Some of the other reviews states that the color turned out to be a little orange on their cheek, so I think this blush may not be suitable for all skintones perhaps? (Unless you want an orange tone). This blush really turned out mauve on my cheeks, and it just looks so natural and I've got a lot of compliments. When I pick it up with my blush, however, it tends to get reeeeally powdery in the packaging, but it's not powdery at all on my face! As I said, I just get that natural glow to me with this one. Will absolutely purchase this again! Thumbs up E.L.F.