December 20, 2014 | 1664 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Only 3 dollars for a truly high quality blush. It does everything we would expect from a good blush. It's pigmented, applies smoothly and doesn't fade throughout the day.....but keep in mind that how your makeup wears has a lot to do with the products you put on before your foundation. If too many creams/moisturizers are applied to the skin before makeup application it can definitely alter the way your makeup wears. Mellow Mauve is a beautiful medium mauve shade with a hint of brown which for me makes it wearable and natural looking. For reference I'm an NW20 ~ on the lighter side with golden blonde hair and green eyes..... when I apply Mellow Maune it instantly brightens my face and makes my green eyes really stand out. As for the finish I would say it's matte leaning toward a satin finish but in no way do I see any shimmer. The packaging is perfect......it's attractive looking ~ a simple black case with a mirror, just like Nars. I don't think you could find a finer powder blush at any price point ~ I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Sarhag

One of the few blushes from elf that I like. Really like how this color looks on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Gandhilama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is crap. On my NC43. Since my skin is very warmed tone, this blush comes off blue! At first glance you can`t tell until you swatch it. On my skin it doesn`t even show up, only the blue tint. Horrible! Elf blushes really haven`t worked for me, with the exception of candid coral and blushing rose:D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very very nice as both a blusher and/or a bronzer on pale cool toned skin. No visible shimmer, lasts all day, blends beautifully. I highly recomend it! $3.00 on ELF website....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

one word.. AWESOME!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by primpednpink

Holy grail blush. Perfect dusty, muted pink that looks good with whatever else you have on for makeup. THREE BUCKS! The packaging is similar to Nars. I've purchased two of these. I dropped one and it cracked, losing a lot of the product. I'm a big fan of Elf products. I honestly don't get why you would pay $26 for a Nars blush or $25 for Tarte (pretty as they are) when you can buy something that looks almost the SAME on your cheeks. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think this an absolutely amazing blush for the price. It wears longer than many more expensive blushes I have tried. It's very pigmented and builds well. It goes on very true to the color in the pan and does not oxidize.

It comes in a very sturdy, travel-friendly case. The case even has a mirror, which for $3.00 is incredible. This is definitely a re-purchase for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

The blush quality is very good, it is very pigmented and easy to apply and blend. But I can't give it 5 stars because the colour mix looks so weird on me. I have neutral very fair skin (elf mineral foundation in porcelain is a perfect match for me) and the base of this blush looks very coral/terracotta like on me. However in the light it shimmers bright pink and blue. I have nothing against the shimmer but the tan base looks completely wrong so I do not recommend this for fair skin, even though its for "cool tones", you need some tan in your skin first to use it I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by felzhang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this blush for 8 months or so and it's a great product. It's on par with MAC's blushes, which I also use. The packaging is pretty similar, and the pigmentation is on par as well. This is a great product, whether you're on a budget or not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one that thinks this color resembles Tarte's "exposed" blush? It was almost a spot on dupe when swatched. That day I wore exposed on one cheek and mellow mauve on the other then asked my daughter to tell me which was which. She couldn't and said they looked exactly the same.
In terms of color they're close but formulation and lasting power... not so much. Tarte wins hands down. However, if you're looking for an affordable dupe check out Mellow mauve. It's a neutral toned blush leaning on the cool side that seems to flatter almost every eye look and lip I pair it with. For reference I'm NW30. It's not heavily pigmented but easy to layer for more opacity. I get a full days wear from this and it does not fade on me. I don't see shimmer but there is a barely noticeable glow. I'm loving this blush and find myself reaching for it often as it's a no brainer and goes with everything. $3 at Target. A steal IMHO.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No