Lancome High Resolution - Refill 3x

3.5

Day Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 1.8%, Octinoxate 7.5% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Mineral Oil, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Methylsilanol/Silicate Crosspolymer, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Adenosine, PEG-8 Isostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Nylon-66, Talc, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Manganese Gluconate, Linalool, Cholesterol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Acrylates Copolymer, Sorbitan Palmitate, Geraniol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Fragrance Night Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Squalane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 14700/Red 4, C13-14 Isoparaffin, P-Anisic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract/Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Medicago Sativa/Alfalfa Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Stearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Adenosine, PEG-20 Stearate, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Polyacrylamide, Silica, Chlorphenesin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Manganese Gluconate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Cholesterol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Parfum/Fragrance, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Geraniol, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Methylsilanol/Silicate Crosspolymer, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Laureth-7, Coumarin

on 2/24/2011 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product didn't really impress me. I have dry to combination skin at the moment and I just didn't feel like it moisturized my skin enough. I also have a couple fine lines in a few spots and it didn't really seem to do much for them either. Although I did only use up the .5 oz GWP size bottle...maybe you need to use this longer to see results. It did smooth on really nice and seemed to absorb alright. I still won't be purchasing this product in the future as I'm sure there is something that will work faster and better at a cheaper price.

on 2/8/2011 4:33:00 PM

too expensive.
in canada, it retails $94 for a 50ml bottle.
not worth that kinda of money. it is smooth and absorbs well, but for $94, I can buy more luxury facial creams than lancome.
i.e. i rather spend $100 on SKII products.

$100 wasted for me, will not return to buy again.

on 2/4/2011 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received a large, 0.5 oz. (15 g) sample from my mother, who got it from a GWP. This is a nice moisturizer, but full sizes retail for $75 (50 g) to $90 (2.6 oz), as of this writing per Lancome USA's Web site. Not worth it. I've received equally satisfactory results from drugstore products. I will not be buying a full size container of this product, but will finish the sample.

Per the Web site, "[l]ines and wrinkles appear pushed up and out, as though refilled from within....In 1 week, wrinkles are visibly smoothed and skin looks more luminous. In 4 weeks, the number, depth and size of wrinkles appear significantly reduced." (http://www.lancome-usa.com/High-R%C3%A9solution-Refill-3X/1000278,default,pd.html?start=11&cgid=skincare-moisturizers)

I've been using this sample for approximately 2 weeks, 6-7 times a week and have not noticed smoothing or increased glow. That being said, the moisturizer has a nice whipped texture, spreads and absorbs well, and is light on the skin. It doesn't clog pores and isn't greasy. I find I still have to add a drop of other moisturizer under this to get enough moisture in winter weather. Alone, it would probably be enough for summer.

I have sensitive skin and surprisingly, have not yet had an allergic reaction to this product despite being heavily fragranced. Like most Lancome products, the scent of this product can most accurately be described as a floral assault.

on 1/31/2011 3:09:00 PM

I said I would repurchase this product based on the fact that I got a rather large sample as GWP. Let me explain...I don't have a lot of wrinkles right now except one rather large one across my forehead that really bothers me and makes me feel old (I'm 44). I've been using this cream for about a week every day in that area only and to be totally honest that large wrinkle across my forehead is "filling." My skin looks better in that area, and the wrinkle is getting smaller! The reason I a so amazed is because this has never happened to me before! I've tried other creams that weren't quite as expensive as this, but were good quality, and except for that one wrinkle, they worked. This cream is way out of my price range, but as of now I'll save up for it if I have to. I wish I had a before pic to show. I plan to do an update on this cream after I finish the sample. Right now, I love it!!!

UPDATE: right after I wrote this review it was like this product stopped working for me. Not worth the $100+ price tag.

on 1/11/2011 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Irritates my skin, has a very strong smell (it's not awful, even a bit pleasant, but the smell lingers for a long time after application, which I don't like).

It doesn't really do much to hydrate my very dry, prematurely wrinkled skin which suffers from atopic eczema. I've used better products for a fraction of this cost.

This cream is extremely thick and I found it quite difficult to spread this on my face. I felt that while this product didn't really hydrate my face, it DID make me look oily.

This product, in my opinion, is just not worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm old and have wrinkles. This didn't get rid of them.
It smells strong but it's not a horrible smell, pleasant, it feels great on my skin although I can FEEL it sitting there even fifteen minutes after I put it on.
But my skin feels smooth after I apply it. By the feel of it on my skin this is a silicone based product for under foundation. Contains spf 15.
Why a silicone under makeup moisturizer would cost $90 for a two ounce jar is beyond me. I will use up the little sample but will not buy it.
Not worth the money just to make my foundation slightly smoother.

on 12/1/2010 9:33:00 AM

I like this moisturizer, I got it as a sample, but going to the store and looking at the price I truly cannot justify spending $56 on this. I am the type of person where if it's worth the money than get it, but I feel liek you can go to any store an pick up Aveeno with SPF in it as well and it will work amazing. So no I will not repurchase this product, yes it does work, but you can find cheaper yet effective products that will do the same thing :) ....p.s. love Aveeno works for EVERYBODY

on 11/11/2010 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have oily skin around my nose and chin. The rest tends to be dry during Winter and with frequent washing. I live in California, so the weather is not that bad though :)
I am also relatively young, so I don't really need an eye cream, but since my skin is prone to break out, I avoided this on my face and used on the eye area only.
Since the first application the skin was pleasantly smooth and supple. I used it at night time forgetting about the SPF; my eye area in the morning was puffier than usual but when applied during the day it actually functions better under make up; it is easily absorbed and very rich. I think it indispensable to use a little moisturizer under make-up, especially around the eye area.

Some lamented the intensity of the perfume. It actually makes me think of my childhood in Italy where my grandmom used Lancome all the time. So I like it and it doesn't last long.

So bottom line: good a substitute for young women for the eye area, but not at bedtime :)

on 9/8/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I too got a small jar of this moisturizer in a gwp pack from the Lancome counter, and it's become my favorite moisturizer. Yes, the smell is strong, but it isn't off-putting. It's a pleasant scent. Strong, but pleasant. The formula isn't thick or greasy at all and my skin absorbs it quickly. You don't have to use much at all, just a small dab has been enough. The apples of my cheeks tend to get dry and red, and this moisturizer soothes them. I put this on before I go to bed just on my dry patches and when I get up the next day, they're smooth and soft. I never put on a moisturizer all over my face, only on the dry spots, so I don't know if it would exacerbate my problem with excess oil. It's been a great product for me so far, and at some point I hope to get a full-size jar of this, even though it's super-expensive. I just like it that much.

on 8/20/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I got this product as GWP, and I have to say that so far I'm impressed. It leaves my skin super soft and smooth and it smells wonderful. It's a great base, it really amplifies my makeup and makes my skin glow radiantly. I've only been using it for a few days so I'm not sure if the anti-aging properties really work, but it's a terrific moisturizer.