August 27, 2014 | 1729 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational-Coral Crush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by leftoversaint

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first intro into bright colors! This lipstick has a creamy finish and is just as vibrant on your lips as in the tube. The only downsides are the uggo tube (clear red plastic?) and the minimal staying power. There are strategies for getting around staying power though, and it's drugstore so just reapply. Love the color payoff of this line and will be buying more.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by LilielleCherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

The colour is gorgeously vibrant, but not so bright that it's neon. I'd say it's more of a pinkish coral than orangey, but that's fine by me. It's a very flattering colour on warm complexions.
The texture is good- not too gluey or pasty, and seems quite long-lasting. I like the subtly glossy finish, as well.
I appreciate the square tube format, as that prevents the lipstick from smearing up into the lid, as can happen with a round tube if it should happen to be twisted.

The only potential negative would be the scent. I like the scent (it's almost coconutty, and I love coconut), but I can see that it might get a wee bit bothersome. I have a sensitive nose, and can get a headache pretty quickly just from sweet smells. So far it hasn't bothered me much, though, as it is quite light; I'd say my love for everything else about it far outweighs the issue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm IN LOVE with this lipstick!!! This color is not something I would have picked out for myself based on looking inside the tube. Just looking at it in the container, it appears way to orange and bright to be attractive on me. Thankfully I saw this on someone online and fell in love with it. It is way more wearable than it appears-but it IS a bright shade, so be prepared. I was lucky enough to swap for it and I am sooo glad to have it! This is definitely my staple color for spring and summer. It brightens up my face for the warmer months. I am very fair but coral is definitely my color :) I know this will be beautiful for tan skin tones as well. I really like the formula of the Color Sensational lip sticks. I do like to add a clear gloss over it to help sheer it out at times (for work) and make it look better if I am having a dry lip day. I would buy this again if I ran out in a heartbeat! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I love it. It's my go-to for a fun summer look
Price: ~$7 CAD
Pkg: square tube
Colour: pinky coral
Finish: crème
Texture: creamy
Pigmentation: medium to full
It's an in-ur-face kind of coral so if ur not the girl for brights, def stay away from this one. Stays on for a decent time, w/the blotting technique
Suitable for all skin tones :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

I have been on the fence about buying this shade since it came out,because it looks straight up orange to me in the tube .I heard it was a dupe for MAC's 'watch me simmer' from the two latest collections.I figured hey why not get the cheaper version instead of the pricier as I am unsure how this particular color would look on me ,but wow I wish I bought this earlier. Such a pretty bright pinky- coral color for spring/summer.Makes me appear bright and cheerful even if Im not lol.I think it would flatter many skintones. I am nc20 if that helps with auburn hair....Wear with a neutral eye and mascara .let this shade be the star of your face....

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Currently my walgreen is having a buy one, get 50% on 2nd item for maybelline and revlon items. I already have 4 of the color sensational so I decided to grab two more; this shade and "born with it". This color is absolutely gorgeous!! I love wearing bright shades/dark colors as alternates instead of the typical red lip. This color is a bright pinky coral shade, almost a bright watermelon color. On me, I don't see any red/orange undertones, just a straight up bright pink. It automatically brightens up my face and I love wearing this shade when I'm rocking a neutral eye. As with all the lipsticks in this line, theres a slight Sheen to it. I am not a big fan of the formula. It feels a bit drying so I couldn't rate it 5/5. I would repurchase this shade if I were to run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been on a hunt for this lippie ever since I first saw it being used in a youtube video months ago but unfortunately they don't carry this shade in my country, I saw it in almost every drugstore I went to in the US though so I guess it's a popular shade.
It's a really pigmented and bright corally pink shade that sometimes appears almost fuchsia/ orangy red, the formulation isn't dry but it isn't moisturizing either. If your lips are in a bad state the lippie might accentuate that.
It has the typical Maybelline vanilla-something scent that I quite like. The packaging is great as well, it looks more expensive than it is and the cap doesn't fall off easily.
I love how cheap Maybelline products are in the US, I got this for about 7 dollars I think. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the color, hate the formula. I suffer from dry lips and this makes them worse. And after so many years at trying to find a coral shade that would work for me, this has cemented the fact that I don't look good with coral AT ALL. The shade brought out the yellow and pink peach tones in my coloring most unfavorably. My mom said this made me look sick. My coworkers agreed, they said I looked bland somehow, despite the fact that this shade is not pale, but is not bright either. At least for me. My signature has become bright, mauvey rose lipstick. or pink lipstick shades period. I tried this to venture further into the "red" category. I think if you are of a medium shade this should look great on you. I gave it to my friend Caireann, who has green eyes, golden brown hair, and itty bitty freckles and this looks sexy on her. She hates the formula as well however.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by charmedbeautyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! It's a great pop for summer, and it looks great with my slightly tanned fair skin. It can be worn sheer, or built up for a much brighter intensity. I usually wear this with a clear gloss on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm. A "peach" in this line of lipsticks is more of a coral and a "coral" (this one) is more of a pink. Nevertheless, it's good for what it is (despite the creative liberties taken in naming it, as if that isn't common in the world of makeup) and worth keeping around if you like day-glo bright pink lipstick with a bit of coral. I've always preferred "warm" bright pinks to cool (in fact, I've liked this color ever since I had day-glo crayons), and love the color even though I don't wear it often. One of the best I've tried in the line, though I certainly haven't tried them all and don't plan to.

Oh, and compared to my other pink-coral (L'Oreal Color Riche in Tropical Coral, which I've used more than this one) it's brighter and doesn't have frost.

[It has the shortcomings of the Color Sensational line. I prefer no scent or the fragrance of L'Oreal lipsticks to the "play doh" smell of Color Sensational, and they apparently go rancid faster than other drugstore lipsticks (see reviews). But this line has some colors not found elsewhere and is fine when not rancid.]