Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Me Up

4.3

on 9/16/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fantastic neutral dusty pink shade. I previously tried out the "Make Me Pink" (by Maybelline from the same Color Sensational line) and it was a bit too mauve-toned for my liking. "Pink Me Up" has no mauvey tones so it's more flattering for my skin-tone at the moment. It's very pigmented and opaque with one swipe and unlike some of the other lipsticks from this line, this particular shade smells like candy (and not like play-doh which is the case with some of the other shades) It covers my natural lip colour very well and has average wear. "Pink Me Up" is a creme finish. Would recommend if you don't like purple/mauve undertones in pink lipsticks.

I really like the color sensational formula, but this pink was way to light and frosty for me- and I'm pretty pale! Maybe when I'm tan...but though I will buy other color sensational lippies (love love pink of me!!) I won't buy this color again...

on 6/1/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Color: bright medium pink

Pros: creamy, pigmented, long-lasting

Cons: drying

Comments: Very pigmented and slightly bright medium pink. It's not too dark or bright and applies very well. It's very pretty, I like it.

Will repurchase.

on 2/27/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the perfect pink for me! My lips are naturally very light pink and I hate the way it looks with my skintone, but Pink Me Up adds a natural deep pink color to them. The color sensational lipsticks in general are moisturizing and I love the packaging! The stickers on the bottom are pretty accurate to the true lipstick colors.

on 2/12/2011 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great lipstick! I'm not sure how I would describe the color other than that it's a medium pink. I find that it is moisturizing and gives good color. like with some of my other lipsticks, I like to match it to a particular shirt I own O_O

Love this pink. It's not too bright. It's like my lips but better. The texture is creamy and it glides on smoothly. It isn't super long lasting but it does leave a pretty stain.

on 12/3/2010 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Glides on as a creamy, non-shimmery, pigmented neutral-to-cool light pink. As it sets, though, it becomes a bit brighter and, in my case, more flattering. The texture is deceiving, however. It seems as if it should be moisturizing, but it isn't. It's drying enough to make my (sensitive) lips feel tight and uncomfortable. Still, it's a lovely shade. I like that it stains the lips and wears off evenly. [Edit: Had to stop using it due to irritation.]

on 9/21/2010 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a neutral pink color, it looks great on me because the colour is similar to my own lip color, very neutral and it doesn't make my lip very dry. overall, it's a good product.

on 8/7/2010 11:16:00 PM

I should have known better ~ I keep thinking that somehow one of these pink lipsticks is going to work for someone with a fair, yellow-orange, skin tone. This lipstick looked and reminded me of the 1980's pink lipsticks that were worn with neon swimsuits. It's was very barbie doll like on me. It might have worked if I had a tan, but I don't lay in the sun anymore. This color didn't work for me, so it's going back to the store...

on 7/3/2010 5:39:00 AM

Lovely, neutral purple-y pink. I usually look horrible in pink lipsticks that throw purple because i have red undertones to my skin but this one really compliments my face. It is one of those perfect 'my-lips-but-way-better' colours that you can wear with any look. On me, the colour looks nothing like it does in the swatch shown above.

Usually i can only wear gloss when i do smokey eye makeup, but this is light enough to wear with it without making me look like a clown. The packaging is also beautiful and the texture is non-drying and creamy. No glitter which is a tremendous plus as i hate the gritty feeling it gives my lips. Will surely repurchase!

Popular Lipsticks