Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Me Up

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

COLOR: light-medium, warm-toned pink, with a slight touch of coral
TEXTURE: smooth and creamy
FINISH: smooth, but flat (not matte) and one-dimensional, no shimmer, not glossy
It's a beautiful color, but doesn't work on my NC42 skintone. I'm not sure that its so much the actual color, but rather the finish. The finish was somewhat problematic for me, both with this shade and 'Make Me Pink'. Since they were flat, it looked kind of like play lipstick on me - but I think it's just me, as I know this finish works well on others. As mentioned, the other pink shade I purchased was 'Make Me Pink' and it's more cool-toned and pastel than this shade, but still pink (for anyone debating colors).

I should add that this product has good color payoff, and feels very nice when you have it on. Staying power is average. I will purchase more in different shades (and have already!)

The color sensational lipsticks are nothing new in America, but darn Asia just launched them few weeks ago. I quickly found some reviews on them, and just about every one of them is POSITIVE… well, I just had to get one and try. I got one from the pink range in ‘pink me up’. My first impression is WOW I understand why everyone is raving about them, the lipstick is comparable to MAC and Bobbi Brown (even just dapping the lip color on the color clearly shows up, and it’s quite opaque when layered).

‘Pink me up’, I would presume can be flattering on people of different skin tones. Unlike ‘Peachy scene’ which I intended to purchase had a sheen / a gloss finish to it (I don’t like shiny finish), ‘Pink me up’ has a matt finish on the lips. Compared to ‘make me pink’ which I also swatched in store, is a more pastel pink, I just dnt like pastel colors or any kind when it comes to makeup (unless it is a highlight color).

Love the shade ‘Pink me up’. I have yet to try others. Too bad there’s very few to select from in Hong Kong.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fantastic neutral dusty pink shade. I previously tried out the "Make Me Pink" (by Maybelline from the same Color Sensational line) and it was a bit too mauve-toned for my liking. "Pink Me Up" has no mauvey tones so it's more flattering for my skin-tone at the moment. It's very pigmented and opaque with one swipe and unlike some of the other lipsticks from this line, this particular shade smells like candy (and not like play-doh which is the case with some of the other shades) It covers my natural lip colour very well and has average wear. "Pink Me Up" is a creme finish. Would recommend if you don't like purple/mauve undertones in pink lipsticks.

I really like the color sensational formula, but this pink was way to light and frosty for me- and I'm pretty pale! Maybe when I'm tan...but though I will buy other color sensational lippies (love love pink of me!!) I won't buy this color again...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Color: bright medium pink

Pros: creamy, pigmented, long-lasting

Cons: drying

Comments: Very pigmented and slightly bright medium pink. It's not too dark or bright and applies very well. It's very pretty, I like it.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the perfect pink for me! My lips are naturally very light pink and I hate the way it looks with my skintone, but Pink Me Up adds a natural deep pink color to them. The color sensational lipsticks in general are moisturizing and I love the packaging! The stickers on the bottom are pretty accurate to the true lipstick colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great lipstick! I'm not sure how I would describe the color other than that it's a medium pink. I find that it is moisturizing and gives good color. Like with some of my other lipsticks, I like to match it to a particular shirt I own O_O

Love this pink. It's not too bright. It's like my lips but better. The texture is creamy and it glides on smoothly. It isn't super long lasting but it does leave a pretty stain.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Glides on as a creamy, non-shimmery, pigmented neutral-to-cool light pink. As it sets, though, it becomes a bit brighter and, in my case, more flattering. The texture is deceiving, however. It seems as if it should be moisturizing, but it isn't. It's drying enough to make my (sensitive) lips feel tight and uncomfortable. Still, it's a lovely shade. I like that it stains the lips and wears off evenly. [Edit: Had to stop using it due to irritation.]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a neutral pink color, it looks great on me because the colour is similar to my own lip color, very neutral and it doesn't make my lip very dry. overall, it's a good product.

Recommended for Medium Skin