September 1, 2014 | 1068 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Serum De Rouge

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by buhsayd

I had combed the shelves and counters of Sephora, Macy's, and nordstrom looking for lipsticks that flatter my NC20 Asian skintone and very pigmented lips. The winners were NARS Fire Down Below for a dramatic red, NARS Cruising for a nude, and this product, Dior serum in 730, the happy medium. I love this color and formulation so much!! It is on the expensive side but perfection has a price. I dab on 730 without any liner so it's like a lip stain and barely uses up any product. However, it makes my lips look like I just sucked on a cherry popsicle and wakes up my whole face. This is a must for faces with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my HG lipstick! #730 in Coral Serum is perfect for my pigmented lips and adds such a pretty pop of colour to my lips. Most lipsticks are either too dark/dramatic or too light. I hate light-coloured lipsticks but this was perfect. This colour is closer to a red than a true coral but is a light enough red that it's not too dramatic for everyday wear. Dior's Serum de Rouge has such a nice consistency on the lips that you can skip lip balm before putting this on, if you wish. (I still put a layer of lip balm on beforehand.) It's not very long-lasting but then again, no lipstick ever is. It is very expensive for a lipstick but no other lipstick colour flatters me as well as this one does. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by daisygirlorama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in the nude color. It does not last long. It tastes a bit off as well. But I like the color I wanted a simple nude lipstick.

I would definitely suggest a cheaper brand of which you'll likely get much better results.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by creme4me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I am actually surprised, how disappointed I am! This product has so many down sides.
First: the packaging: the lipstick is so close to the "casing", you can't avoid smearing the lipstick on the plastic when applying it to your mouth. You end up with a dirty blue packing.
Second: the price. Why should this cost more than any Chanel lipstick or twice the price of any MAC lipstick?
Third, and this is my biggest disappointment: this product makes my lips peel like CRAZY! My lips look gross after a few hours. And they feel horrible.
By the evening, I have to plug the skinflakes off my lips.

I bought 2 colours - the SA handed me over the wrong number when I asked for the lightest pink, she sold me a brownish beige only because they did not have the lids in the right order.

Now I have two Dior Serum de Rouge I can keep for ...ever?

Too bad I don't live in the US, there I would immediately offer to swap the two!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by wordupgmon

I got this as a gift from one of my cosmetic managers, but might I say: THIS LIPSTICK IS GORGEOUS. Internally and externally. I have the shade in 640, a nice nude pink and it's just beautiful. The packaging is gorgeous and the pigmentation is amazing.

What I especially love is the fact that when you turn the dial to increase the size of the product, it doesn't give you too much freedom to twist too much; it's controlled and I like that. It's a good way of saving product.

Despite the fact that I did get it for free, I would consider buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Lovely lipstick - very comfortable to wear, gorgeous colours, and very high quality packaging. But, I'm not sure it's worth the price tag. I could also do without the slight minty tingle. Also beware that it's not a highly pigmented lipstick, I just use it for everyday, sort of a step above tinted lipbalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay I am in love with this product, but the price is way too high. Plus you dont get much product since it is so slimlined. Overall it has a gret consistency, very moisturing, and great SPF and lovely colors. I used this up in about a month which I never do with lipsticks. I did re-apply alot, but still it should last longer. I may buy this for a special occasion, VERY special occasion. It is my HG lipstick/gloss but sadly cannot afford.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Melina8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW...i really love this one. I bought it nr 850. the red color is just sooo beautiful, :D i love it . it's my favorite now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bcbrosemer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this. What's more, I expected to love it, because I have loved every other Dior product I have tried. Not this. Not only because of the price tag, $32, but because it just does not live up to what I expect from Dior. It is basically a tinted lip balm, and not a very good one at that. I bought 640, Soft Pink. And soft it is. It is almost too pale for my NC25 complexion. It would probably look better with a slightly darker color under it, but I didn't buy this with the intention of layering it. I bought it to slick on when I want something fast, moisturizing, and with color.
On top of that, it doesn't even really do what it is supposed to, moisturize. It feels good going on, but does not last. And once it wears off, my lips are left feeling drier than before. It reminds me of the Neutrogena tinted lip balms. Which costs about $6.
It does have a respectable amount of shine. That is the best I can say for this product. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very apprehensive to try this product. I have a love-hate relationship with lipstick, mainly hate. My lips react badly to most lipsticks, they tingle less than 30 minutes after applying (even when Iím testing colors and immediately wipe the lipstick off) and the next day they are dry, scaly, and flaky. Iíve been told that this is due to an allergic reaction, most likely with the preservatives in the lipstick. Another beef I have with lipsticks is that they always turn bright pink on me. I was very intrigued by the fact that this is marketed as a lip ďtreatmentĒ and I also liked the SPF 20. This formula is creamy and glides on smoothly and doesnít make my lips react! I was thrilled! It lasts, too, even through one meal. When it does wear off, it wears evenly and doesnít leave a line around the line (FYI: I donít line my lips). The finish has a satin sheen, not shiny, not matte.

I first chose the Raspberry 760 color in the hopes that it would be a darker, rosy color than my natural lip color (which is a very pink rose color). Raspberry in the tube is a muted berry, with a hint of coral Ė which surprised me. On my lips, however, it was a creamy medium berry rose color with the vibrancy of a raspberry without the harshness or being overly bright. It is gorgeous! A fun, happy color, but not garish. I am very pleased with the color, especially since I purchased it online and hadnít seen the color in person.

I also have this in Rosewood 740 and love it even more than Raspberry. Its color is a beautiful, subtle rose color, my lips but better Ė much better. Itís a very polished, sophisticated shade. I foresee myself running out of this shade first. I sometimes layer it with a neutral pinky/rose gloss for some shimmer.

The third color I currently own is Plum 880. This is a beautiful plum shade, not too purple, too pink, too red, or too brown. It is dark without being garish or ghoulish; and it has drama without being too bold. I can easily make it more sheer by applying lip balm first, lightly blotting that off after a few minutes, then applying this (of course it doesnít last as long, but it gives a nice stain-like). Another thing I noticed about these lipsticks was that they smell like flowers, not like grandmaís old lipstick Ė an added bonus. The packaging is slim and chic, too. Itís very gratifying to pull a tube of this out of your handbag. And when I run out of these colors Iíll definitely buy each of them again. I hope to add more colors to my collection!

Update: 01 August 2012
I have since added Nude 510 to my collection of Serum de Rouge. I tested the Nude in Sephora, but was unimpressed and continued on in search of a good Nude. A few months later after trying an opaque Nude and realizing how ridiculous it looked on me, I came back to this one and tried it in-store again. Itís a sheer Nude, it subtly tones down the natural pinkness of my lips, leaving a healthy, natural sheen (not too shiny and no shimmer). It is perfect with dark eye makeup, because of its subtle effect (not attracting attention away from the eyes because of a bold color, nor completely erasing my lips). During the past summer, I found myself grabbing this lipstick over all the others. Rosewood had previously been my favorite Serum de Rouge, but Nude has replaced it.