January 25, 2015 | 1574 users online

Lipstick - Dior - Serum De Rouge

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Kiki91768

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this formula. I think it's great as fas as color goes( I have the 560 which is pink but it goes great with olive skin). It is expensive as $32 at Macys but the packaging is great and it conditions your lips and leaves them nice and soft. I would suggest this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by buhsayd

I had combed the shelves and counters of Sephora, Macy's, and nordstrom looking for lipsticks that flatter my NC20 Asian skintone and very pigmented lips. The winners were NARS Fire Down Below for a dramatic red, NARS Cruising for a nude, and this product, Dior serum in 730, the happy medium. I love this color and formulation so much!! It is on the expensive side but perfection has a price. I dab on 730 without any liner so it's like a lip stain and barely uses up any product. However, it makes my lips look like I just sucked on a cherry popsicle and wakes up my whole face. This is a must for faces with yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my HG lipstick! #730 in Coral Serum is perfect for my pigmented lips and adds such a pretty pop of colour to my lips. Most lipsticks are either too dark/dramatic or too light. I hate light-coloured lipsticks but this was perfect. This colour is closer to a red than a true coral but is a light enough red that it's not too dramatic for everyday wear. Dior's Serum de Rouge has such a nice consistency on the lips that you can skip lip balm before putting this on, if you wish. (I still put a layer of lip balm on beforehand.) It's not very long-lasting but then again, no lipstick ever is. It is very expensive for a lipstick but no other lipstick colour flatters me as well as this one does. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by daisygirlorama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in the nude color. It does not last long. It tastes a bit off as well. But I like the color I wanted a simple nude lipstick.

I would definitely suggest a cheaper brand of which you'll likely get much better results.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by creme4me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I am actually surprised, how disappointed I am! This product has so many down sides.
First: the packaging: the lipstick is so close to the "casing", you can't avoid smearing the lipstick on the plastic when applying it to your mouth. You end up with a dirty blue packing.
Second: the price. Why should this cost more than any Chanel lipstick or twice the price of any MAC lipstick?
Third, and this is my biggest disappointment: this product makes my lips peel like CRAZY! My lips look gross after a few hours. And they feel horrible.
By the evening, I have to plug the skinflakes off my lips.

I bought 2 colours - the SA handed me over the wrong number when I asked for the lightest pink, she sold me a brownish beige only because they did not have the lids in the right order.

Now I have two Dior Serum de Rouge I can keep for ...ever?

Too bad I don't live in the US, there I would immediately offer to swap the two!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by wordupgmon

I got this as a gift from one of my cosmetic managers, but might I say: THIS LIPSTICK IS GORGEOUS. Internally and externally. I have the shade in 640, a nice nude pink and it's just beautiful. The packaging is gorgeous and the pigmentation is amazing.

What I especially love is the fact that when you turn the dial to increase the size of the product, it doesn't give you too much freedom to twist too much; it's controlled and I like that. It's a good way of saving product.

Despite the fact that I did get it for free, I would consider buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Lovely lipstick - very comfortable to wear, gorgeous colours, and very high quality packaging. But, I'm not sure it's worth the price tag. I could also do without the slight minty tingle. Also beware that it's not a highly pigmented lipstick, I just use it for everyday, sort of a step above tinted lipbalm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay I am in love with this product, but the price is way too high. Plus you dont get much product since it is so slimlined. Overall it has a gret consistency, very moisturing, and great SPF and lovely colors. I used this up in about a month which I never do with lipsticks. I did re-apply alot, but still it should last longer. I may buy this for a special occasion, VERY special occasion. It is my HG lipstick/gloss but sadly cannot afford.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Melina8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW...i really love this one. I bought it nr 850. the red color is just sooo beautiful, :D i love it . it's my favorite now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bcbrosemer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this. What's more, I expected to love it, because I have loved every other Dior product I have tried. Not this. Not only because of the price tag, $32, but because it just does not live up to what I expect from Dior. It is basically a tinted lip balm, and not a very good one at that. I bought 640, Soft Pink. And soft it is. It is almost too pale for my NC25 complexion. It would probably look better with a slightly darker color under it, but I didn't buy this with the intention of layering it. I bought it to slick on when I want something fast, moisturizing, and with color.
On top of that, it doesn't even really do what it is supposed to, moisturize. It feels good going on, but does not last. And once it wears off, my lips are left feeling drier than before. It reminds me of the Neutrogena tinted lip balms. Which costs about $6.
It does have a respectable amount of shine. That is the best I can say for this product. Definitely will not repurchase.