April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Kabuki Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So soft and works great !!! So glad I don't have to pay tons for such a well made brush!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by HelloDear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend told me that elf has really great brushes for affordable prices so I bought a few of their brushes and I really wish I didn't. There's nothing great about this brush. It sheds, it's not dense at all (which is the main problem I have with this) and it could do a better job at picking up product. Overall, these brushes were pretty cheap but still I don't even think it was worth those couple of dollars that I spent on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by neonnbutterflies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. Love E.L.F. With every product I've bought from E.L.F., never have i been disappointed. This is a great brush. I use it for my covergirl stay fabulous foundation, and pressed powder. Gives me a great air brush look and covers greatly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jackiii18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this brush! I will never use another kabuki brush again after this one (except for my Ecotools collapsible brush for on the go, of course). This brush is very soft and gets the job tone as good as any other highend brush. At only $6 it is such a steal! I took off one lippie for packaging because after about 6 months, the black finish on the bottom handle part began to flake off, so I had to tape over it and eventually buy a new one. But because it's so cheap I barely even mind! I like switching out brushes I use daily every 6-12 months just for sanitary purposes if at all possible. Everyone should have this brush in their collection!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ellyay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't /mind/ this brush, but I found that it didn't hold a lot of my blush powder, which was disappointing because I'm pale and I thought it'd help my cheeks pop to use a big, fluffy brush. Will wash and try with face powder to see if that's a better product pairing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very soft kabuki brush. It looks a lot like the MUFE KABUKI. I love the combination of white with black. It looks so pretty while making it easy to see how much powder there is. The ELF kabuki works great with their HD Powder as well.

But that's when my love ends. I don't know if the quality was previously better as it's the case with the complexion brush, which is now only a shadow of what it used to be, but this kabuki is not high quality. I wish it was denser and there are a couple of bristles shedding each time.

I have bought backups of my other favorite ELF brushes. The ELF kabuki is not one of them. I have instead moved on to BODY SHOP kabukis. Once in a while they announce their discount of 3 for $30 which includes brushes. The Sun Luster for example is softer, denser and doesn't shed. $10 very well spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by BeautysWithin16

I love this brush, great for the price! It is great for applying powder and for just tossing in your purse for touch ups! One reason I gave it 4/5 lippies is cause it did shed for me when washing it and when applying powder at times, otherwise it is the best kabuki I own and def recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I went on an E.L.F. haul this week and one of the items I picked up was the Studio Kabuki Face Brush. How soft it is! How delightfully soft! This is the third Kabuki brush I have owned and I'm sure this is by far the best but certainly not the cheapest. The bristles are white with tinged black at the tips and a black handle. It is just the right size for your hand, a good hefty Kabuki brush for 6 dollars.
It has not left any bristles on my face nor has it lost any bristles during washing. So far, so good. That's always been my main complaint with any brush I use. This Kabuki delicately swipes my powder across my skin as it should leaving a flawless finish, as I expect it to. That's what a Kabuki brush should do. Leave a gentle, light finish. The handle is supposed to be short to allow an easy handling and not a heavy hand in applying your powder/blush/bronzer. E.L.F. did a good job in their design.
I use it with E.L.F.'s High Definition Powder, which is a white, sheer, loose powder in a tub. I swirl the brush in the powder, tap it and apply it to my face. It leaves just the right amount on my skin as I buff it across various areas, allowing the powder to leave a nice, dewy finish without settling into any fine lines, creases or pores.
Since it doesn't come with its own holder, I kept the plastic upright container it was boxed in and use that as my Kabuki Brush's stand. It keeps it fresh and clean from outside contaminants. It's easy to wash and dries overnight. A little bulky to put in your makeup bag with the container and you'd squash it if you carried it alone., but you really don't need to carry one around during the day. It's a great brush at a bargain price, you won't be sorry for trying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jlseck

love this. great for bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by ysobee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super soft kabuki brush that is even better than department store brushes that won't set you back $30+. Doesn't shed, and picks up a good amount of product. Awesome with loose powder, awesome with even pressed powder, and dries relatively quickly when you wash it.

My only complaint is that it doesn't come with a carrying case... I reused the plastic sleeve it came with over and over again until I found a random plastic snap top case for glasses cleaning cloths that houses it nicely. Otherwise, a near perfect product!