E.L.F. Studio Kabuki Face Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/20/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because of the good reviews I've heard about it. Before Target came to Canada, I think the only place to get E.L.F products was at Winners, which was where I got mine for $8 - 9. I was super disappointed with it. It wasn't as soft as other face brushes I got, and it just wasn't the same after I washed it for the first time. Maybe I got a bad batch but I wouldn't repurchase because there are better ones out there.

on 8/19/2014 1:11:00 PM

Awesome brush for powders.

Good for the first two months but now it sheds like crazy! . :(

on 8/18/2014 1:16:00 PM

My favoritest kabuki for loose powders.

It's huge. Sometimes I think it's too big, buts it'so soft and doesn't shed.

It's not multifunctional as I only use it for 1 purpose, but I still really like it

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Love this brush . I can do my mineral makeup without worrying that I wasted some and goes one and the cleaning and few hairs flew out but I would buy other soon for my blush because it works great for my powder foundations .

on 7/17/2014 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's great! does what it's meant for! (; I use it to put on my Rimmel pressed powder but I don't use it as much anymore because my skin is getting a bit better on the oil production so I don't really need to put on powder anymore !

on 7/16/2014 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have mostly higher end brushes- Tom Ford, Hakuhodo, Wayne Goss and Chikuhodo and have to say that I am very impressed with this ELF brush. It doesnt look cheap at all- it looks like a good quality brush and is very soft and works great for applying my bronzer.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a good little kabuki brush you can get for $6 at Target. I use it most days I wear makeup & it's awesome. The hairs are synthetic & very soft, almost to a fault. Because it's so soft, it can be hard to actually pick up whatever product you're using. If it maters to anyone, they're vegan friendly, too. It can be used with wet or dry products, but I only use it with dry - powder & powder foundation. If It was a long kabuki brush, I'd probably use it to apply liquid foundation. I think this brush is a little too small generally.

Several reviewers said they have issues with shedding & the hair falling out, but I haven't. On the other hand, while people say it cleans well, I find it's hard to get it truly clean; for example, when I use it to apply a powder or bronzer with shimmer in in it, glitter/sparkles remain in the brush. e.l.f.'s Studio Kabuki Face Brush is proof you don't need to drop a ton of money for a good makeup tool & everyone should have this in their collection.

Random note: if you're undecided, the e.l.f. website almost always has some sale going on, so there's a good chance you can buy it for $3 if you don't have one already.

on 5/31/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This brush is amazing. It is SO soft. Does not shed. It is worth all the $6. No need to spend on high end expensive kabuki brushes.

on 5/26/2014 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This brush does an excellent job, and my oh my, is it soft! I found myself swirling it around on my face for much longer than needed, it was just so soft!