Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner

3.5

Not tested on animals

I purchased this eyeliner in shade 03 Charcoal during one of CVS's clearances. It was terrible! The color came out a watery grayish-green color. I could never make the line opaque, and it would fade after just a few hours. And then to add insult to injury, after about 4 wears, the eyeliner seemed to be empty! I'm not sure if it dried up or was in fact used up, but it seems a bit absurd to me.

The color is watery and takes a while to dry so it smudges if you're not careful after application. It's also not very pigmented and because it's watery it's nearly impossible to make the color even and stop your skin from showing through the eyeliner. The tip of the pen doesn't color and it's hard to make the actual liner seep through the rest of the felt tip pen. $8 is expensive for a small drugstore eyeliner even if it did work well. Much better eyeliners out there for cheaper.

I hate to be a party pooper but this product just did not work out for me.I bought this product after reading reviews of eyeliners and seeing what was available at my local CVS. Anyways, I have oily eyelids (Asian eyelids) and I was searching for something that would stay put on my eyelid. So I found this product and I bought it for around $8. I know it might not seem like a lot, but if you're just starting out on makeup like me, it kinda is. So I was really hoping that this product would be worth it...no such luck. Sure, it stayed on my eyelid, but it made my eyelid feel REALLY dry, which was really annoying. Plus, I stored it horizontally and shook it like other people told me to do, and the color still came out watery!! I JUST bought this recently, so I'm pretty disappointed. I think that New York Color's liquid eyeliner worked better for me, personally, even though it can get a little runny if you're not careful...:(
All in all, I'm still looking for a good eyeliner and I'll keep trying this on and see if I change my mind in a few days to weeks. But so far, pretty unhappy. :(

I had read a few reviews before buying this. It seems like it's either hit or miss with certain people; however, I clearly had a bad product. Despite certain reviews advising me to lay the liner down horizontally, it dried in merely one week. And believe me, I made sure the squeezed it closed so hard to avoid it from drying out. But to no avail. Don't get me wrong, the color did not even budge when I removed it at night. But to dry in one week for a price of roughly eight dollars, I think I'll stick to my Lineur Intense by L'Oreal.

I bought the brown one because it was on sale. Ever since then, I've been looking all over for the black one. Needless to say, I really like this liquid liner. I haven't had a problem with it drying like some of the other reviewers.
4 stars because the product can settle into fine lines and feather out a little. But it's very easy to work with, and it stays all day.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this product at my local walgreens for around $7 last year. I had just recently gotten into makeup and I had seen many great reviews of this on YouTube, so I decided to buy it. I loved the way it made doing a winged liner so easy but I only used it a couple times. I keep all of my makeup in a safe dry area to protect them but when I went to use it again it was dry. I was shocked so I put the cap back on and shook it like the directions would suggest but nothing worked, I even wet the tip of it to see if that would work. I tried this for at least two more days before I gave up. I know $7 doesn't seem like much now but when you're just getting into makeup and don't have much money this can be very disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Update: Taking away 1 lippie because it dried up in under 2 months. Will try the eyetech extreme to see if that lasts better.

Me: Oily lids. East Asian. Usually have major issues with eye products smudging.

This: HG Eyeliner right here. I put this on in the morning and 14 hours later is still there. This is HUGE for me because almost everything I use smudges and disappears on me (Urban Decay, MUFE, etc al.). It dries quickly, looks good, and I like that the cap screws on and that tip is flexible but not too soft (it's a sponge/felt type applicator). That said, even though I give it 5 stars it's not a perfect product. The biggest flaw is that the flow isn't always even so if you under shake or over shake one eye can/will come out darker than the other. Not a huge deal for me since I put on liner first and then usually set with shadow but if you wear only eyeliner you'll notice it.

perfect black eyeliner for lining and winging on the upper lash line

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

The description on the pen says: Extreme fine tip point & easy grip handle for precise application, store horizontally for extended product use, and its waterproof.

I got this in black 01 at Wal-Mart, must have been no more than $7. I like the tip point and it is very easy to use. I use it to do my winged eyes. Since its summer, I tend to go light on my make up. This is perfect for the summer. It stays on and it doesn't smudge or budge. I have to take it off with vasaline or baby oil. It wont come off if I use a face wash. Thats how good I know this product is. The reason why I gave it a 4 is because I'm not sure how long this product will last and I carry my makeup bag with me so I can't store this horizontally. All in all, I will re-purchase.

I'm sorry to be one of the few dissenting votes in my age category, but this liner did not work for me.

I found the formula to be too thin, and immediately upon application the product started to "feather" into the fine lines on my upper lids.

I was really dissappointed, because I loved the applicator and actually preferred the shorter length - I felt it gave me more control.

But watching in horror as the liner seeped into every tiny line on my aging eyelids is not an experience I care to repeat!

Top Rated Milani Products