August 28, 2014 | 1755 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry to be one of the few dissenting votes in my age category, but this liner did not work for me.

I found the formula to be too thin, and immediately upon application the product started to "feather" into the fine lines on my upper lids.

I was really dissappointed, because I loved the applicator and actually preferred the shorter length - I felt it gave me more control.

But watching in horror as the liner seeped into every tiny line on my aging eyelids is not an experience I care to repeat!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at cherry culture when they were on sale. Needless to say with shipping it got pretty expensive. Aroung USD15.00. This is actually a good liner. It stays decently for at least 12 hours without smudging, flaking or disappearing. I got this in the color black. The color is quite pigmented and glides on effortlessly. It dries quite quickly as well, and you can build the intensity over the existing liner without having it flake off like some eyeliners do. The eyeliner itself is a small size but it is still comfortable to hold and use without feeling awkward. The pen has a ball bearing inside it and before using you have to shake it a few times. It comes with this felt tip applicator that is flexible and bendable. You can get pretty thin lines with this liner and can build it to thicker lines if you want. What I dont like about this is that with regular use, I run out of this in less that 2 months. Not great considering that its super expensive. A great eyeliner that does its job. I wont be repurchasing again as I feel its quite expensive and the use you get out of it is less than 2 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by RockQueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought one, loved it and ordered 4 more. The packaging is so small it runs out really fast, but while it's good it's really good. I have sensitive and runny eyes and this does not smudge or disappear even if I get teary-eyed. The colour is intense and really easy to use, but as it starts to run out the intensity decreases. All and all, I love it but it's actually quite pricey as it only lasts for about 1-2 months.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

This is a no for me. I love the application - an eyeliner pen is so easy to use! But this simply does not have enough pigment. In fact, when you apply it, it LOOKS like you've put on enough, but when it dries, I can see the skin through the liner. I get more pigment from the $1 Rimmel eyeliner pen. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by southrnchic479

This thing is pretty much a piece of crap. The product never comes out of the tip very easily, so you have to keep going over and over and over the line. You end up getting a semi-transparent swash of black. THEN, if you try and go over it again, it comes off your lid and sticks back to the little brush applicator. UGH!

It just ends up looking like a splotchy mess. The more you use it, the worse it gets too because the product just dries all over the tip and doesn't let it come out (that's my best guess, as the brush itself feels dry and almost chalky and bleh - it gives me goosebumps when I feel it).

Basically, don't waste your money. It may be cheap, but there are other cheap things that work way better!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by foreverended

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely terrible.
I will always reach towards my gel eyeliner.
Iíve tried to like this.. I use it consistently to experiment and I end up sitting there for 5 minutes trying to fix the endless blotchiness of this product.
The product hardly ever comes out, its dry and the brush itself starts bending and falling apart.
The lid broke off the first 5 minutes of me handling it, too.
I always shake it up first and still no product comes out.
Cheap in price and quality.
Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by MalinaBear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my go to liquid eyeliner whenever needed! I've slept with it once on accident with my makeup still on and it still held a very consistent result. It was still pigmented when I first applied it on my eyes. Also, its quick when I'm in a rush and when I don't have time to apply my bobbi brown gel liner. Hahaha.

I had to take off one star from this because it can dry out quick and doesn't last very long - as in it can't last me past a month when i first bought it.

HG eyeliner, where are you?! I'm still looking until I have the definitely go to, pigmented, waterproof AND long lasting liquid eyeliner. I hope it will last me past a month because I don't often go to department/drug stores to keep stocking up.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by tastest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just a really disappointing product- thin and watery and the line skips because of this. Looks like old fashioned liquid liner, harsh. Use Essence liner, a much better product, with great flow and impact.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by HappyLittleNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great little liner but I would not repurchase.

Pros:
I like the small size. I read reviews on this before picking it up, so I was well prepared for an itty bitty thing. It's big enough to hold comfortably and fits nicely in my hand, but small enough to let me get close to the mirror. This pen is easy to manipulate, which makes for easy lining. The gold packaging is a nice touch and makes the Eye Tech look pricier than it is. The felt tip is pretty good and lets me get a sharp wing. I find that that the tip has started to fray a bit after a month's use, about twice a week. The ink is still going dark and strong, so no complaints about that. I got the black one and the ink is a good vibrant black with a slight sheen (not matte). Also, the product doesn't smudge...

Cons:
I don't know if this is the case with all liquid pen liners, but I find that the ink comes off on the felt tip if I try to go over the line more than once. The Eye Tech also doesn't have longevity. Like I said before, it doesn't smudge; however, it doesn't take much for it to rub off. In fact, it rubs off so easily that I can't say anything about its waterproofness. I think it may be waterproof...but again, only if you don't touch your eyes. (But in real life, if your face gets wet, wouldn't you want to dry yourself? So what's the point of having something that's waterproof but not touch-resistant?) Finally, this liner take a while to dry. If you blink before it has set, it will transfer. :(

Bottom line: get this product if:
a) you know you will not touch your eye at any point in the day; b) if you are new to using liquid liner and want something easy to use to practice with; c) you like a pigmented liner; and/or d) you like the idea of not having to use makeup remover to remove your eyeliner. :)

Do not get this product if:
a) you want to get a lot of bang for your buck; b) you like rub-resistant eyeliner; c) you want a liner that dries quickly; and/or d) you have big hands / prefer long eyeliner tools.

I hope this review helps!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice liquid liner. It is basically fool proof. I am awful at applying liquid liner and usually stay away from it but Eye Tech is SO easy to use, it get a perfect line everytime and its very easy to control the thickness of the line. I bought this in Charcoal and plan to purchase the black as well. It is long lasting and doesn't smudge. I have only been using this for about a month so I can't comment on how quickly the product dries up. I will edit if I need to.