Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner

3.5

Not tested on animals

I bought the brown one because it was on sale. Ever since then, I've been looking all over for the black one. Needless to say, I really like this liquid liner. I haven't had a problem with it drying like some of the other reviewers.
4 stars because the product can settle into fine lines and feather out a little. But it's very easy to work with, and it stays all day.

on 9/3/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this product at my local walgreens for around $7 last year. I had just recently gotten into makeup and I had seen many great reviews of this on YouTube, so I decided to buy it. I loved the way it made doing a winged liner so easy but I only used it a couple times. I keep all of my makeup in a safe dry area to protect them but when I went to use it again it was dry. I was shocked so I put the cap back on and shook it like the directions would suggest but nothing worked, I even wet the tip of it to see if that would work. I tried this for at least two more days before I gave up. I know $7 doesn't seem like much now but when you're just getting into makeup and don't have much money this can be very disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Update: Taking away 1 lippie because it dried up in under 2 months. Will try the eyetech extreme to see if that lasts better.

Me: Oily lids. East Asian. Usually have major issues with eye products smudging.

This: HG Eyeliner right here. I put this on in the morning and 14 hours later is still there. This is HUGE for me because almost everything I use smudges and disappears on me (Urban Decay, MUFE, etc al.). It dries quickly, looks good, and I like that the cap screws on and that tip is flexible but not too soft (it's a sponge/felt type applicator). That said, even though I give it 5 stars it's not a perfect product. The biggest flaw is that the flow isn't always even so if you under shake or over shake one eye can/will come out darker than the other. Not a huge deal for me since I put on liner first and then usually set with shadow but if you wear only eyeliner you'll notice it.

on 6/25/2012 6:39:00 PM

perfect black eyeliner for lining and winging on the upper lash line

on 6/25/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

The description on the pen says: Extreme fine tip point & easy grip handle for precise application, store horizontally for extended product use, and its waterproof.

I got this in black 01 at Wal-Mart, must have been no more than $7. I like the tip point and it is very easy to use. I use it to do my winged eyes. Since its summer, I tend to go light on my make up. This is perfect for the summer. It stays on and it doesn't smudge or budge. I have to take it off with vasaline or baby oil. It wont come off if I use a face wash. Thats how good I know this product is. The reason why I gave it a 4 is because I'm not sure how long this product will last and I carry my makeup bag with me so I can't store this horizontally. All in all, I will re-purchase.

on 6/14/2012 8:03:00 PM

I'm sorry to be one of the few dissenting votes in my age category, but this liner did not work for me.

I found the formula to be too thin, and immediately upon application the product started to "feather" into the fine lines on my upper lids.

I was really dissappointed, because I loved the applicator and actually preferred the shorter length - I felt it gave me more control.

But watching in horror as the liner seeped into every tiny line on my aging eyelids is not an experience I care to repeat!

on 6/9/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up at cherry culture when they were on sale. Needless to say with shipping it got pretty expensive. Aroung USD15.00. This is actually a good liner. It stays decently for at least 12 hours without smudging, flaking or disappearing. I got this in the color black. The color is quite pigmented and glides on effortlessly. It dries quite quickly as well, and you can build the intensity over the existing liner without having it flake off like some eyeliners do. The eyeliner itself is a small size but it is still comfortable to hold and use without feeling awkward. The pen has a ball bearing inside it and before using you have to shake it a few times. It comes with this felt tip applicator that is flexible and bendable. You can get pretty thin lines with this liner and can build it to thicker lines if you want. What I dont like about this is that with regular use, I run out of this in less that 2 months. Not great considering that its super expensive. A great eyeliner that does its job. I wont be repurchasing again as I feel its quite expensive and the use you get out of it is less than 2 months.

on 5/4/2012 2:01:00 PM

I first bought one, loved it and ordered 4 more. The packaging is so small it runs out really fast, but while it's good it's really good. I have sensitive and runny eyes and this does not smudge or disappear even if I get teary-eyed. The colour is intense and really easy to use, but as it starts to run out the intensity decreases. All and all, I love it but it's actually quite pricey as it only lasts for about 1-2 months.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a no for me. I love the application - an eyeliner pen is so easy to use! But this simply does not have enough pigment. In fact, when you apply it, it LOOKS like you've put on enough, but when it dries, I can see the skin through the liner. I get more pigment from the $1 Rimmel eyeliner pen. Will not repurchase.

This thing is pretty much a piece of crap. The product never comes out of the tip very easily, so you have to keep going over and over and over the line. You end up getting a semi-transparent swash of black. THEN, if you try and go over it again, it comes off your lid and sticks back to the little brush applicator. UGH!

It just ends up looking like a splotchy mess. The more you use it, the worse it gets too because the product just dries all over the tip and doesn't let it come out (that's my best guess, as the brush itself feels dry and almost chalky and bleh - it gives me goosebumps when I feel it).

Basically, don't waste your money. It may be cheap, but there are other cheap things that work way better!!

Top Rated Milani Products