October 1, 2014 | 1461 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Jekennedy

I don't remember what brand of this I used, but the ingredients listed 100% organic grapeseed oil. My skin is newly dry, so I am trying to find products that effectively moisturize, but do not clog my pores. I thought since this was supposed to be relatively safe for sensitive skin I would be good. First of all, I didn't find that it was very moisturizing, in a way I felt like my skin was slightly tighter than before. It absorbed however so I decided to use in under my eyes. I used it for one night and woke up with horrible puffy bags under my eyes. I chalked it up to dehydration and lack of sleep. I put it back on the following night and woke up to extremely swollen eyes. My lids were puffy and I had flaky bags. I took benadryl and it got slightly better. I discontinued use of grapeseed oil and it continued to get better, although it took probably a full week to get the flakiness and puffy lids to go away. What a disaster, I'm not sure if anyone else had a similar experience but I hope not. Just understand that although something is supposed to be non-allergenic doesn't guarantee you won't be allergic to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This oil did not work for me AT ALL. It was like the worst out of all the oils I tried. (I have tried a lot, including mineral oils and petroleum and this was worse for me) And I was very excited about it because I heard it would be good for acne and bumps, but all I ever noticed was more bumps. I even started to notice that I reacted to products with grape seed oil in them. (And of course many many without it too). I have a huge bottle of it, that I don't need at all. At least it was cheap.

Some of the other things I've tried just so you get an idea are:
(I tried to put them in order of what worked best for me first)

Jojoba, Sea Buckthorn, Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly, Coconut Oil (I can't use this pure on my face but in products it seems to be "ok"), Almond oil, Mineral oil (liquid), grape seed oil

And essential oils/spot treatments/to mix into the others: Lavender, Tea Tree, Rosemary, and Peppermint.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Meshamade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil is perfect! I've had a struggle with using oils on my face since many have made me breakout like boots botanical 100% organic face oil, and coconut oil. This oil was light enough to use and helped with my acne and acne scars. I use this at night after cleansing with African black soap and when I wake up, my skin is smoother than a baby's bottom. I can't help but touch my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This oil has transformed my face. I can't believe I used creams to moisturize before. I used this twice daily for over 2 months. Now I use it only once a day - in the morning and use an overnight moisture mask before bed. The combination of these two is pretty incredible. No one can tell I have dry skin anymore because my skin looks plump, hydrated and bright. It must be all the vitamin C. My dark circles have significantly reduced. My skin just looks healthier. I've heard though that prolonged use of grapeseed oil can cause you to develope allergies so I'm planning on trying out Rosehip oil next. One thing I know for sure - I'm never using a cream on my skin again.

Update: Try rosehip seed oil! This has nothing on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for OCM in the mornings. I have acne prone sensitive skin. I mix this with jojoba oil to create a mild cleanser that won't strip all moisture & make my skin so tight & dry that it overcompensates by producing more oil. This mixture decreases clogged pores as well. Grapeseed oil is a heavier oil so I wouldn't leave it on my face during the day. Instead I wipe the mixture off with a soft cloth. It leaves my skin glowing & helps me look as if I didn't drag myself out of bed on the days I go out w/o makeup. Also when I do put any other product (sunscreen, TM, etc.) on my face after using this mixture the product spreads much easier. I don't have to use as much product to get the coverage I want.
Also grapeseed oil has ceramides which makes it a great oil to use for hair care as well. I use this for pre-poo. I mix this w/ some other oils, leave it on my hair overnight, & wash out the next day. This helps my hair stay soft & manageable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jamie222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought my grape seed oil from Trader Joe's. I use this oil to remove physical sunscreens and eye make-up. It feels very light and doesn't irritate my sensitive acne prone skin. A year ago I tried using this by itself as a moisturizer and it clogged my really acne prone forehead and chin. Then I tried mixing it with my MD formulations antioxidant lotion and applied to my face ( avoiding forehead and chin). It made my skin look and feel so much better. I am on retin a micro, so this oil is really soothing for me. After I used it for a few months, I noticed that this oil has made my already flaky skin worse. I am sure it's perfect for people with oily acne prone skin ( not on retinoids though).The oil actually exfoliates your skin. I am still using it to remove Sunscreen and eye make-up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the NOW brand grapeseed oil. This stuff is amazing for removing eye makeup! It also helps with crows feet and dark circles. If you haven't tried this stuff out yet I suggest you give it a go! It's an ALL-IN-ONE eye product. Can't go wrong! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Grapeseed oil is a good alternative carrier oil and skin care ingredient - especially for those allergic to nuts. It is relatively light and provides good moisturization and has hundreds of applications in topical products.

Good as a massage or bath oil.
Easily scented.
Can be emulsified to incorporate with water based lotions and creams.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this as a cheap, natural, multipurpose beauty product. At night, I rub about half a teaspoon of this all over my face, concentrating on my eyes to break up makeup, then wipe it away with a microfiber cloth and wash with ivory soap.

I also mix a few drops of this with my sunscreen to use as a moisturizer. I'm acne prone, and too much of this as a moisturizer can break me out. But a little works to make my skin less oily (since overdry skin can produce extra oil to compensate).

Sometimes I mix it with coconut and castor oils to use as a deep conditioning treatment for the hair and scalp.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty sure this is giving me breakouts despite being recommended by others as being better than jojoba for sensitive acne-prone skin...it has a slightly thinner consistency than Aura Cacia organics jojoba oil (which itself is slightly thinner than the Desert Essence one) that just doesn't make my skin feel comfortable. I'm not sure if it's the brand I'm using (NOW brand), but I see absolutely no benefits compared to my jojoba, argan, and sweet almond oils. It doesn't even take off makeup as well as my jojoba and sweet almond oils due to it's watery consistency. Compared to the aura cacia apricot kernel oil though the breakouts from this are less severe (no cystic ones, just bumps and whiteheads).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No