October 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Born With It

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lexylynn

I love the color of this lipstick. I was looking for a pinky nude and this is definitely that. The problem I have with it is that it is terribly drying on me and I find it really hard to blend. I found the only application that works for me is to rub my finger on the top and then tap it on to my lips.

It looks kind of like Angel from MAC (my new HG for everyday) but it is much more shimmery, nuder, and more drying on me. I would get it again cause I love the color, but Maybelline could definitely use some improvement when it comes to the formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

Very pretty everyday lippie! I hope they never discontinue this. The shade is a pinky nude depending on your skin tone, it could lean to a nice natural color, or a pretty subtle but brightening shade.. I have very pigmented lips and this is perfect and lasts a few hours! $5 at Walmart.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

This is too light for me - try Rimmel's Fancy instead, if you want something a little darker. I didn't like how the lipstick rattled inside the case, even with the top on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by CamiChicken

I'm so confused because in any review I've read it says that this is too frosty or too shimmery, I find it that way, way too much glitter on my lips !
I love the color tho, it's pink-purple, just the color of my lips, but I hate the frosty look that it leaves on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Unbeknownst to me, I owned this for a while without knowing it was a dupe for Angel. Angel has quickly become my most-worn lipstick this year.

Born with It has much more glitter than Angel, but I like how it moisturizes my lips better. Almost all lipsticks give me dry, flaky lips by the end of the day, but when Born with it is on my lips, it feels very moisturizing.

While I agree that initial smell of sickening sweet/plastic is overwhelming, I've found that after using this pretty frequently, the smell goes away, or maybe I'm just used it to it now.

Either way, this has replaced my MAC Angel as most-worn. I actually keep it at my desk and end up wearing it every day, regardless of what I left the house wearing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading that this was a dupe for MAC's Angel I had to get it first thing was when I opened it the smell it smells like plastic very strongly but I figured for the price oh well I swatched it and thought it looked alright when I put it on the taste is so bad I had to take it off with the taste and the smell I can not stand it and to top it off this lipstick is really drying over all I found it better to just pay the MAC price if you want Angel.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by xvivifyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really excited about this color when I first bought, it looked like a nice neutral pink with very little shimmer. However, when I put it on, on my pigmented lips it barely showed up. The shimmer how ever did, I am not a big fan of glittery and boy was this glittery. It was also a bit drying, eek.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

People have been saying that this is a dupe for MAC Angel, so I just had to get this. I've never owned or even used Angel before, but I've seen it and it looks like an amazing color. Usually I'm more of a dramatic lippie girl, but this is one of the few neutrals that I really like.
Born With It is a soft neutral pinky nude with shimmer. I was hesitant because of the shimmer, but it's very subtle and makes your lips look shiny, not shimmery.
The pigmentation is great. I don't know why people are saying this is sheer! The pigmentation isn't as good as MAC lipsticks, but it's still pretty good.
It looks great on my NC30-35 skintone!
And I absolutely LOVE the shape of the lipstick! It's curved so that it conforms to the curve of my lips!
The packaging looks cheap and tacky, bugt that's typical drugstore packaging for you.
The wear time is alright (3-4 hours)--the same as MAC lipsticks--but I don't mind reapplying.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ely617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate this color! I'm not sure if I got a dud or what, but it's not that moisturizing or smooth on my lips. It's not very pigmented; you don't get much of the actual pink color, only the very extreme silver shimmer. It's not flattering at all. It looks like an overly frosty shade that a young girl would play with. It also smells like Play-Doh.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by deadiswhatweaimfor

This color for me is a "my lips but better". I was expecting a light pink but eh, I don't mind. It gives my lips a nice glow. Ill wear this when I'm not wearing a ton of eye makeup. Its with my naturals collection. I would repurchase this for sure. :)