Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Algae Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Pullulan, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I tried a lot of primers in search of one without silicone worth using. (The silicone ingredients in primers give me this weird, painful, slow-motion acne.) A lot of the silicone-free ones did absolutely nothing...at all. As in, why spend on a primer that doesn't even help with the foundation? This product came to me as part of some kind of Sephora sampler about a year ago and I still like it. I see the difference when I use it before applying my liquid foundation (I don't notice anything when I use it under powder foundation). My makeup looks smoother and lasts longer when I use it. From the other reviews, I suspect that I use way less than others. I squeeze one thin line along one finger, lightly spread it across fingers of both hands, then pat it lightly across my nose, forehead, and apples of cheeks. I have not personally experienced the taffylike consistency, but will not argue that others have not. Finally, I won't lie: the brightening effect is yet to appear. No brightening, but it works the way I want it to work. Minus one lippie because the finish flakes off the cap like crazy. Otherwise, I like a tube.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I do not have sensitive skin, but after a week of using this under the Urban Decay Cream to Powder foundation- my skin was broken out in several places.

The makeup did stay in place.

Switched to Makeup Forever's HD High Definition Primer and am very happy!

I had very high expectations when buying this at Sephora in Paris. They don't sell Urban Decay in my country, so I was very happy I could finally test one of their products. I was in need of a primer, so I decided to go with the brighening was - who doesn't want bright skin, right? I used to have breakouts from time to time, but this was yeaaars ago. I was using this primer for two weeks now, and I have the worst breakout! Ugh, me not happy, because I have a jobinterview. Normally I barely use foundation in my day to day life - just some powder - but now i will have to bc my skin looks like crap - pardon my french.
Besides this side-effect, the primer was okay. make up stayed quite long, skin looked nice (but not tht brightening.)
So, for me, definitely not worth the money. I'll go back to my Laura Mercier primer :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am very pleased with this primer! I was using Bare Escentuals Prime Time, but the beauty consultant recommended I try this Urban Decay primer. This primer is more moisturizing than Prime Time (I have VERY dry and flaky skin), and it continues to moisturize your skin throughout the day, whereas the Prime Time gives initial moisture but then basically disappears. I do notice that my foundation goes on much smoother and stays on longer when I use this primer than when I do not use it. I also love that this primer helps prevent my foundation from setting in to dry patches on my face or fine lines! I will definitely repurchase and recommend this to anyone with dry skin (not for oily skin, however...). I did take one lippie off, however, because I do not notice the "healthy glow" it claims to give.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cap flakes off, product is thick like taffy and made me much paler, so that none of my other makeup worked. Also, gave me an eery look. Hated it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought the UD primer set about 8 months ago. I used the eye and lip primer but didn't like the face and lash primer. I decided to use it one day with my MAC prep and prime. I actually like the results of the two together. The UD primer is really thick and white so you really have to make sure it's rubbed in. I wouldn't buy it again, but I'm going to use this one up.

This product does next to nothing as far as a primer goes.
It does brighten the skin a little bit but does not make the skin look much better than using nothing at all under foundation.
No help with tiny wrinkles, uneven skin tone or pores.
Also does not help to keep the shine down.
Will be returning it tomorrow.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the feel of this product. It feels refreshing and gives a nice "zing", but not too drying or too oily. Provides a smooth base for concealer and foundation. My new HG primer!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

It's a good quality primer if you have a older skin or dry skin with wrinkles.
Not for oilier skin and doesn't really hides my pores
It's a bit pricey but you feel it does make you skin looking better.
Still no miracles, I need to try Smashbox and MUFE to compare.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have a lot of primers and this is one of my must haves, it really does everything that it say it does. A small amount thats all you need and it made my eye shadow look brighter than it is, your eye shadow wont go anywhere it will last the whole day.
Normally your eye shadow will start to crack in places but this primer is like glue or something the eye shadow stays there. Ive had mine for about 7 months now and I still have a lot left so for the money that you are spending this is good. I will admit that I dont use this every day, but if I know that I am going out in the evening than I will use this as I want my eye shadow to stay there.

I hope you will all follow my beauty blog

Popular Primer/ Correctors