Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Algae Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Pullulan, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 9/11/2011 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am very pleased with this primer! I was using Bare Escentuals Prime Time, but the beauty consultant recommended I try this Urban Decay primer. This primer is more moisturizing than Prime Time (I have VERY dry and flaky skin), and it continues to moisturize your skin throughout the day, whereas the Prime Time gives initial moisture but then basically disappears. I do notice that my foundation goes on much smoother and stays on longer when I use this primer than when I do not use it. I also love that this primer helps prevent my foundation from setting in to dry patches on my face or fine lines! I will definitely repurchase and recommend this to anyone with dry skin (not for oily skin, however...). I did take one lippie off, however, because I do not notice the "healthy glow" it claims to give.

on 9/2/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cap flakes off, product is thick like taffy and made me much paler, so that none of my other makeup worked. Also, gave me an eery look. Hated it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought the UD primer set about 8 months ago. I used the eye and lip primer but didn't like the face and lash primer. I decided to use it one day with my MAC prep and prime. I actually like the results of the two together. The UD primer is really thick and white so you really have to make sure it's rubbed in. I wouldn't buy it again, but I'm going to use this one up.

on 6/12/2011 8:28:00 PM

This product does next to nothing as far as a primer goes.
It does brighten the skin a little bit but does not make the skin look much better than using nothing at all under foundation.
No help with tiny wrinkles, uneven skin tone or pores.
Also does not help to keep the shine down.
Will be returning it tomorrow.

on 5/23/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the feel of this product. It feels refreshing and gives a nice "zing", but not too drying or too oily. Provides a smooth base for concealer and foundation. My new HG primer!

on 5/9/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

It's a good quality primer if you have a older skin or dry skin with wrinkles.
Not for oilier skin and doesn't really hides my pores
It's a bit pricey but you feel it does make you skin looking better.
Still no miracles, I need to try Smashbox and MUFE to compare.

on 4/28/2011 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have a lot of primers and this is one of my must haves, it really does everything that it say it does. A small amount thatís all you need and it made my eye shadow look brighter than it is, your eye shadow wonít go anywhere it will last the whole day.
Normally your eye shadow will start to crack in places but this primer is like glue or something the eye shadow stays there. Iíve had mine for about 7 months now and I still have a lot left so for the money that you are spending this is good. I will admit that I donít use this every day, but if I know that I am going out in the evening than I will use this as I want my eye shadow to stay there.

I hope you will all follow my beauty blog

on 3/5/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

First, let me say that my skin is very oily, not prone to break outs. I can't really wear primers with silicone because they make my skin super oily! I prefer silicone free primers or silica based primers as these do a better job absorbing or controlling oil. I'm more than halfway through this primer. I've tried it alone and also mix it with other primers. It really doesn't do much. I see no difference in any "brightening" on my skin. The nice thing is that it doesn't make my skin oilier. But it also doesn't control oil. Which is fine, it doesn't really make this claim. It leaves my skin a bit smoother, but not much. So, overall, it doesn't do anything and is a waste of money. At $30 per oz i expect better results. The packaging is a pain. You twist the little silver metallic tip, squeeze product out and then re-twist the cap. Shortly after I started using this stuff, the metallic finish started coming off on my fingers along with the primer. It is still flaking off and I have to be careful not to let it touch my skin or else it will get into the primer and I'll have to dig it out. The bottle is kind of fat so you can't really store it standing up and it takes up a lot of room lying down. If you're looking for a silicone-free primer I'm going to direct you to the Korres primer first. It's not much cheaper ($28/1.01oz) but it does leave a nice smooth finish prior to applying makeup.

on 12/3/2010 10:58:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff! I use all UD primers (eyes, mascara, and now face) and love them all. Like many other reviewers, I normally can't use face primer...my skin is too sensitive or something and I either get a minor breakout or irritation. I wanted to give this a try...and it's wonderful. It makes my foundation go on so smooth and I it makes my foundation blend and stay on for much longer than the foundation alone.

My only complaint is the small amount of product for the price, but you don't need to use a ton when mixing this with your foundation.

I think it's definitely worth a try!

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my HG! I'm surprised that the ratings aren't higher. Urban Decay is most famous for its eye products (primer, eyeshadows, eyeliners) but I think this is one of the most underrated products they have. I love that it is free of heavy silicones and parabens, so it seems safe for sensitive, combination and acne-prone skin like mine. I like to blend it with my tinted moisturizer or foundation, as the SA taught me. It is easier to apply makeup this way by just putting it all on at the same time--and it also seems to help the makeup blend more seamlessly into my skin. My skin has broken out with other primers before but this one seems to be good for me, and seems to give my skin some breathing room.

I LOVE the texture of this, it is perhaps the most light and airy primer I've ever used. It is very light and almost weightless, you barely feel like you have anything on.

I can't recommend this highly enough! I'm glad I've discovered this and I've even bought back-ups in case (God forbid) Urban Decay ever discontinues this. Especially for people who don't usually like primers, this mght just convert you!

Popular Primer/ Correctors