Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Algae Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Pullulan, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 4/29/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do not have sensitive skin, but after a week of using this under the Urban Decay Cream to Powder foundation- my skin was broken out in several places.

The makeup did stay in place.

Switched to Makeup Forever's HD High Definition Primer and am very happy!

on 11/22/2011 6:11:00 PM

I had very high expectations when buying this at Sephora in Paris. They don't sell Urban Decay in my country, so I was very happy I could finally test one of their products. I was in need of a primer, so I decided to go with the brighening was - who doesn't want bright skin, right? I used to have breakouts from time to time, but this was yeaaars ago. I was using this primer for two weeks now, and I have the worst breakout! Ugh, me not happy, because I have a jobinterview. Normally I barely use foundation in my day to day life - just some powder - but now i will have to bc my skin looks like crap - pardon my french.
Besides this side-effect, the primer was okay. make up stayed quite long, skin looked nice (but not tht brightening.)
So, for me, definitely not worth the money. I'll go back to my Laura Mercier primer :-)

on 9/11/2011 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am very pleased with this primer! I was using Bare Escentuals Prime Time, but the beauty consultant recommended I try this Urban Decay primer. This primer is more moisturizing than Prime Time (I have VERY dry and flaky skin), and it continues to moisturize your skin throughout the day, whereas the Prime Time gives initial moisture but then basically disappears. I do notice that my foundation goes on much smoother and stays on longer when I use this primer than when I do not use it. I also love that this primer helps prevent my foundation from setting in to dry patches on my face or fine lines! I will definitely repurchase and recommend this to anyone with dry skin (not for oily skin, however...). I did take one lippie off, however, because I do not notice the "healthy glow" it claims to give.

on 9/2/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cap flakes off, product is thick like taffy and made me much paler, so that none of my other makeup worked. Also, gave me an eery look. Hated it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I bought the UD primer set about 8 months ago. I used the eye and lip primer but didn't like the face and lash primer. I decided to use it one day with my MAC prep and prime. I actually like the results of the two together. The UD primer is really thick and white so you really have to make sure it's rubbed in. I wouldn't buy it again, but I'm going to use this one up.

on 6/12/2011 8:28:00 PM

This product does next to nothing as far as a primer goes.
It does brighten the skin a little bit but does not make the skin look much better than using nothing at all under foundation.
No help with tiny wrinkles, uneven skin tone or pores.
Also does not help to keep the shine down.
Will be returning it tomorrow.

on 5/23/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the feel of this product. It feels refreshing and gives a nice "zing", but not too drying or too oily. Provides a smooth base for concealer and foundation. My new HG primer!

on 5/9/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

It's a good quality primer if you have a older skin or dry skin with wrinkles.
Not for oilier skin and doesn't really hides my pores
It's a bit pricey but you feel it does make you skin looking better.
Still no miracles, I need to try Smashbox and MUFE to compare.

on 4/28/2011 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have a lot of primers and this is one of my must haves, it really does everything that it say it does. A small amount thats all you need and it made my eye shadow look brighter than it is, your eye shadow wont go anywhere it will last the whole day.
Normally your eye shadow will start to crack in places but this primer is like glue or something the eye shadow stays there. Ive had mine for about 7 months now and I still have a lot left so for the money that you are spending this is good. I will admit that I dont use this every day, but if I know that I am going out in the evening than I will use this as I want my eye shadow to stay there.

I hope you will all follow my beauty blog

on 3/5/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

First, let me say that my skin is very oily, not prone to break outs. I can't really wear primers with silicone because they make my skin super oily! I prefer silicone free primers or silica based primers as these do a better job absorbing or controlling oil. I'm more than halfway through this primer. I've tried it alone and also mix it with other primers. It really doesn't do much. I see no difference in any "brightening" on my skin. The nice thing is that it doesn't make my skin oilier. But it also doesn't control oil. Which is fine, it doesn't really make this claim. It leaves my skin a bit smoother, but not much. So, overall, it doesn't do anything and is a waste of money. At $30 per oz i expect better results. The packaging is a pain. You twist the little silver metallic tip, squeeze product out and then re-twist the cap. Shortly after I started using this stuff, the metallic finish started coming off on my fingers along with the primer. It is still flaking off and I have to be careful not to let it touch my skin or else it will get into the primer and I'll have to dig it out. The bottle is kind of fat so you can't really store it standing up and it takes up a lot of room lying down. If you're looking for a silicone-free primer I'm going to direct you to the Korres primer first. It's not much cheaper ($28/1.01oz) but it does leave a nice smooth finish prior to applying makeup.