December 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Advantage 3 in 1 Foaming Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by txgirlykc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! I have used Clean & Clear morning burst wash and mosturizer for years. Last Friday when I went out of town, the Wal Mart was out and I needed some face wash so I bought the Clean and Clear Advantage 3-1 wash and then applied the mosturizer with it. Within an hour, my face was burning and hurt so bad. I slept with a wet cold rag on my face every day up to today and will probably do it again tonight. My face is so tight, that it hurts to eat! This is a horrible product and if it is strong enough to burn people's face, then they need to make it prescription or somethign so that they can regulate who buys it. I though it was regular face wash. IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Wmk

This product left my face extremely red and with a chemical like burn. I have never in my life had something like this happen. I cannot even describe how sore my face is. I only used this product 1 time. I do not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It did not help clearing out my pimples nor prevent new ones from forming. Not only acne face wash but also as a regular face wash it wasn’t really good overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The ratings just shocked my socks! I haven't noticed any burning, peeling, itching or excessive dryness from using this product at all! I have normal-combo skin and have been breaking out recently, so I purchased this cleanser. It comes out in a clear, gel like consistency that slowly foams up on your face and use rub it in. The smell is quite strong though, but I like it. When I'm done, my face feels a bit tight, but not overly dry at all. I just use my regular Aveeno moisturizer, and I'm set. I haven't noticed too much acne treating, but I'm thinking its more for an all over prevention than a treatment. Oh well. But its really not as bad as the reviews say it to be!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this when I didn't see the one for sensitive skin... this was wayyyy too drying on my combination, acne prone skin and was very harsh. I used it once, and immediately after using it, even after using a heavy duty moisturizer, my skin still felt tight and dry.
The next day, my skin started peeling even in places there was no acne. I will return this pronto!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by MaryWinter

Okay, I've read almost all of these reviews on here and I don't agree with any of them. I'm just a normal teenage girl and I've been trying to find a product that will help my acne/clean my face. I think these reviews were horrible and inaccurate. I didn't even read these reviews before I bought this product. I have oily skin. I live in Florida, so its hot and humid.
The first day I got this product, I used it before I went to bed and I liked it. I followed the directions and everything. After I washed my face with it, my face felt a little dry. And it kept feeling dry. I didn't want to take any chances with drying my skin too much, so I put on one of my clean&clear moisturizers. My face felt great. I went to bed and the next morning, my face still felt smooth and it wasn't oily or anything. That really surprised me. I usually have very oily skin when I wake up. So I got up and looked in the mirror. My face wasn't red at all!!!! Everybody kept saying their face was! Maybe because you didn't moisturize?! You should know that if you don't moisturize your skin, it just gets worse. And sometimes your face makes its own oils and your face turns very oily.
The area around my pimples wasn't red or pealing at all. Usually when I used a facial cleanser from Clean&Clear, my face does peal. But it didn't happen with this product. This HAS been clearing up my acne a little bit at a time. The scent is a little strong but it doesn't smell bad or anything.
Now listen, if you're in your teenage years or early 20's and have oily skin (Not sensitive. It will probably irritate you if you have sensitive skin) then you should buy this product for a CLEANSER. It does make your skin feel clean. I had no trouble with this product at all. I love it. I WILL be buying it again. Good luck with this product. REMEMBER TO MOISTURIZE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne prone skin, early 30s.

I was having such success w/ salicylic acid in their spot treatment, I thought to give this a try but did not do anything for me. Hating to waste the bottle, I started using this as the wash for my back scrubber. Back is doing great. ;)

Would I buy again? Maybe, if I did not have another product to "recycle" into a backwash...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by tjlm1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know how this product has NOT been recalled. I have oily skin and tend to breakout around my chin area, so I bought this and used it twice. After the second time, I woke up and felt my skin around my nose, chin, and forehead were red, inflamed, and burnt. It looked almost like a chemical burn on my face. All of the moisturizers that I put on it to ease the itch and burning felt like fire, I had to wash them off immediately even the medicated hydrocortisone cream. The next day I tried without success to cover this burn with makeup to go to work, by the time that I got home my skin was peeling and I had broke out worse than ever on my chin. So my chin is experiencing the worst acne flare up and the rest of my face is red, dry, and flaky. Word to the wise DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by littlellamadrama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this cleanser when its bottle was still yellow. But I do remember it made my skin really dry and moisturizer wouldn't really help. It didn't even take care of my acne and slightly exacerbated it.

This was my first product from Clean & Clear, after trying this, I made sure to steer clear of their product lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Trichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is horrible it burnt my face first time I used it it was okay but dried my face next time I used it I felt a burning sensation and it kinda got better then I woke up the next morning my eyes were swelled and around them were irritated I had huge bags and my eye lids were very swelled and it dried my face around my mouth and for 2 days my skin had a burning sensation I could not leave my house I looked terrible so never again