Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.3

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 9/5/2012 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

What a "Stickey" mess. It turned my cuticles green and made my Chanel Le Vernis the consistency of rubber cement.Let's face it, there is no HG base coat or top coat for that matter: if you like the look of freshly-applied polish, then you have to do the work. Otherwise, get yourself a gel manicure. There's just no way around it.

on 8/19/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this base coat so much I bought bottles for my friends. I am new to nail polish as I have been a life long nail biter, until now, and I have come to the conclusion that for a lasting manicure one needs an excellent base coat and a top coat (preferably fast dry for myself). I have tried different combinations with varying results. I have had the absolute best results with this base coat and using the "stickey sandwich" technique. I then top the "sandwich" with fast drying Essie Good to Go! top coat. I can get about a full day longer with this combo. I am very pleased. It has made my finicky Butter London Trout Pout last for 2+ days, with chipping on only two nails. I know two days isn't a lot, but seriously that polish would chip in hours, getting a day out of it, plus another one was like discovering El Dorado. lol

I would recommend you give this one a try, in conjuction with the Essie Good to Go! top coat. My sister was very impressed with it. I used it on her one day as an experiment (she is SUPER hard on her nails - cashiers and owns horses) and she told me it was amazing how much longer her nail color lasted. Hope this works for you ladies too! :)

on 8/1/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

A must have (along with Seche Vite) for bulletproof manis and pedis. Prefer it to Orly Bonder.

on 8/1/2012 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Bought this on the recommendation of the clerk at my local indpendent beauty store; she suggested this over the Orly Bonder.

It has kept my manicure pristine through daily shampoos, a feline bath and loads of dishes. I don't love that the green tint shows though the sheer, plae pinks I like to wear. It makes my nails look almost like I'm not getting enough O2.

on 7/31/2012 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is my HG base coat. It helps adhere polish to nail plate and I havent had any issues with staining. It can get goopy about 1/2 way thru, but I add thinner and mix it up and it's good as new!!

on 6/18/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use this every time I polish my nails. My pedicure will last until I remove my polish. Great stuff!

on 6/12/2012 3:57:00 PM

Wow! I am very impressed with Stickey! I last did my nails five days ago, and my manicure is wearing like iron- no chips, with only minor tip wear. I didn't even do a sandwich, just one coat of sticky over top of my treatment, then two regular coats polish, and a topcoat. I hate to say it, but this stuff is better than Orly Bonder. The only gripe I have with this product is that it's tinted quite green, and the green shows through on really pale clearish/jelly type polishes. If the product were clear, it would be perfect.

on 5/7/2012 5:36:00 PM

Great product!

continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

There was one nail salon that everyone was recently raving about that "there was no chips for weeks afterward". After trying it myself, and of course playing close attention...this product is the major game changer for all women who get manis/pedis! OOOH I am telling you this base coat is the bomb and keeps your polish chip free for weeks. It makes a huge difference. So I quickly picked up a bottle and literally do not need touch ups til there is outgrowth. How amazing is that? Best base Coat Product on the market IMHO, Stickey by Creative Nail Design rocks!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I really really like Stickey, my nail polish doesn't chip, I have very minimal tip wear and it really anchors the polish! I'm about to buy my third bottle but this does come with two drawbacks:

Firstly, it has stained my nails green! This isn't too much of a problem as I wear opaque nail polishes on a daily basis but anytime I want to let my nails breathe, it's not exactly a welcome sight. Maybe this one's on me for how often I wear nail polish but I've seen a couple of other reviewers mention it too. I'm willing to overlook this because of just how well the formula performs and a little buffing usually removes the residue anyhow.

Secondly, it does get a little thick the more you use it. I don't think it interferes any but it might just be a little annoying. Even though it kind of goes on a little goopy at that point, it still dries down very quickly and thin. I've tried adding a few drops of thinner to the bottle but it still gets thick.

I'm not sure if I'd call this my HG base coat because of those two things but it's pretty close! Definitely worth it if you don't mind it, which I don't, but just something to be warned about as I definitely wasn't.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products