September 2, 2014 | 941 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got sucked into the hype and decided to purchase one. I found a deal on the skinstore.com website..and it came to $90 with shipping.

I have super sensitive skin prone to irritation/breakouts/redness. Even with the sensitive brush head, my face got really irritated and red from using this. I normally break out when my skin gets irritated. At first, I thought it was because I was at the purging stage but decided to continue using it and give it some time. I got irritated so I decided to cut down on it and used it once a week. Every time, I use it..my skin look irritated, red and broke out. When I stopped using it, my skin resume back to normal. WILL NOT PURCHASE AND REGRET PURCHASING THIS!

If you have very super sensitive skin like me, I would recommend using silicone pad such as this : http://www.sephora.com/precision-pore-cleansing-pad-P262041?skuId=1233691 and do it by manually (an alternative cheaper version can be found at Diaso...if you have a Diaso in your area ..it cost $2). It works wonders, and makes my skin super clean. Also, you don't need to buy a replacement head every 3 months which can get expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

After a year and a half of having this product as a part of my skincare routine, I have come to the conclusion that depending on how you use it, it can either make or break your skincare routine. I suffer from acne and dry skin and trying to treat both at the same time can be very challenging, especially with all of the misinformation out there about how the treat acne prone skin! When I got this at the beginning of 2013, I used it twice a day, every single day with the sensitive brush head. My acne however got worse and my dry skin only got drier. I had watched various videos on how to treat acne prone skin and they all suggested to get the Clarisonic, wash your face with it once in the morning and then at night, use a makeup remover to remove all of your face makeup before again going in with the Clarisonic for a 'proper clean' with a cleanser and to always use a rich moisturizer after to combat the dryness. I used this routine for about 8 months before I finally gave up, wrote off the Clarisonic and that skincare routine entirely because my skin only ever suffered from it. My skin always felt soft with that routine because of the constant buffing, but the actual condition of it was deteriorating. Over the past 3-4 months though, I've added this back to my skincare routine in a different manner and only now am I reaping the benefits of this awesome product. Now for my skincare routine, I wash my face ONCE in the evening to remove makeup as well as cleanse in the same step, I only tone my face in the morning to remove any excess oil that presented itself overnight and I use a light moisturizer both morning and night. My skin is literally spotless. No dry patches, and no acne unless it is that time of the month. Where the Clarisonic now comes in to play in my routine is now to exfoliate my skin once every 3 or 4 days and I do not use it any more often than that under any circumstances. Why I suggest using the Clarisonic and cleansing less often is because your skin has an acidic barrier of its own that helps to protect the skin from any outer influences that may cause acne or skin irritation and when you use it everyday or twice a day, everyday like I did with a cleanser, you are actually destroying that barrier and in turn making your skin more vulnerable to acne.
Now based on how I use the Clarisonic, I absolutely love it. The one speed on the Mia and the delicate brush head work wonderfully for me, I do not feel like I need more speed settings. If you have had a difficult time jumping on the Clarisonic bandwagon, I really recommend taking a gentler approach to your skincare routine because your skin will thank you!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by eggie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 2010 and, admittedly, didn't use it very often. That's because I'm not very disciplined when it comes to any kind of health or beauty regimen. I did notice that my skin was smoother after using because, obviously, it buffs away rough skin. But, lately, I've just been so frustrated with my skin and so concerned about the environmental stressors on it that I figured I need to get serious about it. I live in southern Africa and the dryness and heat has really been taking a toll on my face. So, over the last year, I've started using some items that I liked well enough to continue with them; several of these products, I tried after learning about them via MUA reviews. These are:
- Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash: It's poorly reviewed here on MUA but, I can't help it, love the smell and clean feeling of my face whenever I use it. Also, it lathers up nicely when used with the Clarisonic (the cleaner that comes with the Mia is horrible!).
- Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel: (via MUA) Love the soft feeling my skin has after using this. And the smell is fresh and lovely. If I'm not wearing makeup one day, I'll even swipe some over my face to freshen up or clean off the dust that just coats everything here. I keep it in the fridge, which makes it even more refreshing to use.
- Badger Damascus Rose Face Oil: (via MUA) My skin tends to be oily, even living in this desert-dry climate. This stuff just soothes the tight, crusty feeling my skin gets. Skin feels more flexible, perhaps even a little plumper. It doesn't seem to make me break out either, though hormonal and stress zits remain unavoidable. I add a drop of frankincense oil in my palm and mix it in before smoothing it on because I read that frankincense helps with tissue regeneration. But frankincense just smells great too, whether it helps or not. :)

I added the Clarisonic into this regimen a couple of weeks back and I am happy with how my skin is looking these past few days. I'm not using it daily, just every couple of days. Winter is setting in here, meaning that the days are getting drier now that the rainy season is completely over. So, I sometimes come home from work feeling like my skin has a dust-crust over it. The Clarisonic just buffs all that away, while the witch hazel and oil soothe from the buffing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by EstherLoca

I've never really "struggled" with skin issues, I've been relatively lucky I guess, however I did notice over the past year or so that my skin seemed lacklustre and dull and that my face wash just wasn't cutting it anymore or seeming to have an exfoliating effect.

Within a few days of using the Clarisonic once per day it definitely did a great job of buffing my skin to the extent of allowing my face wash to penetrate and actually begin cleaning again. And it's especially good at removing face make-up deep in the pores. the battery life is also good although you must fully charge when it's down even if you just need to use it once, which is a little annoying.

And just some advice, DO NOT use the cleanser they give you. It is like washing your face with antibacterial gel that completely overfoams and dries your face out. Lots of people go on about using a foaming cleanser with it but I personally don't think that's necessary - any cleanser that you're happy with will do, it does not have to foam to work properly.

While I don't regret buying it, for the price tag I would say that if your skin is relatively fine already then it's not worth buying this product as I haven't noticed an overall visual improvement in my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the Clarisonic Mia.
After reading many reviews I caved and bought one.

I started using it and I loved how nice it felt on my skin, it really felt like I was deep cleaning it. The process of using it is just very enjoyable. The first week I used it in the morning and at night and my skin was very nice, soft and clear.

However, after about a week I started breaking out - quite lightly on my nose and cheeks but bad enough to freak me out. I know some people say this is purging, but I also read it can just be irritation from over-exfoliation. So I stopped using twice a day and switched to 2 tot 3 times a week, which I'm doing now. My breakout has cleared up, but I'm still kind of scared to use the Clarisonic.

The result on my skin from using it 2 to 3 times per week is nothing special really - I don't think there's a huge difference, but I do enjoy using the Clarisonic so I will continue. But overall I'm not blown away and I'm not sure it was worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I have struggled over the years with my skin. There doesn't seem to be a day that goes by that I don't have some sort of a nasty pimple, granted I'm blessed I don't get many at a time, but the ones I do get are vicious. I've always been into skin care and I have tried countless different cleansers, tools for cleansing, moisturizers, toners, etc. Tried every combination and every gadget. Finally I bit the bullet as I've been eyeing the Clarisonic Mia for months, but I had a rough time justifying spending nearly $200. I am so glad I did. My skin has never been better and I rarely get any break outs. My skin felt and feels AMAZING after I use it, and I've had it for just about 5 months now and the novelty has not worn off. Still fun to use, still gets the job done. I love how it's waterproof, and I love how long it lasts without being charged. All around an amazing little gadget. If you're on the fence about this, get off of it and go buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Sinochick

I've had my Mia for a week and I felt my skin was cleaner and smooth after my first use. I now use the Mia for my nighttime ski care routine but not in the morning. I'm very happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

Overall:
I am actually writing a review for the Mia 2, however there is not much difference between the two. I LOVE my clarisonic. Before I used it I constantly had breakouts, there was never a moment where my skin was completely pimple free. Now that I use it its rare for me to have breakouts. Obviously, around that time of the month its inevitable and I will get 1 or 2 pimples which is nothing compared to what it used to be. I 100% recommend it, for anyone who is trying to improve there skin, definitely worth the price.
Details:
-I use it twice a day everyday, with the spectro gel cleanser. Usually about once a week I skip using it so I can use a scrub.
-Everyone talks about the "purge" of acne that they get in the first month, but honestly I didn't notice any too crazy breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Before I say anything I'm going to describe my skin a little bit. I was just diagnosed with a thyroid condition a few months ago and apart from all the other horrendous symptoms I was getting my skin in particular started to go bonkers. I've never had skin problems up until maybe a year or so ago. I started to get skin "texture" or those little tiny flesh colored bumps on my cheeks. They are impossible to get rid of because they literally have no purpose, they're not red or blackheads and they just sit there. I also had dry patches that were flaking and I had oily spots. I think my skin may have been super dehydrated or I was having a hormone roller coaster ride. I saw a dermatologist, she superscribed an antibiotic which I wasnt crazy about cause taking a pill for acne seems a little unhealthy to me. I also went to an estetician and had a few facials but my skin continued to be very unbalanced and just weird. My birthday comes around and I decided to give the clarisonic mia a try.

-it removes ALLLLL my makeup. I typically wear a full face of makeup during the day, and I use my Cetaphil cleanser with my clarisionic and this things gets every bit of makeup off my face. I use a toner as well and there is never anything left over on the cotton pad. This thing gets your face clean as a whistle. Makes me realize how dirty my pores were before I started using this. EW.
-it got rid of all those annoying dry patches. My skin is so smooth and feels exfoliated but not over exfoliated. It's not a harsh exfoliation at all.
-my skin has also been much less oily. It looks glowy but not oily.
-got rid of the blackheads I had on my nose.
-got rid of the nasty little bumps on my cheeks, I thought nothing would get rid of those stupid things but this did over about a 4-6 week period.
-i did go through this "skin purging" phase that everyone speaks off. Some stuff that was hanging out in my skin was brought to the surface but it cleared up within 3 days at the most. your skin might get a little worse before it gets better.
-this has made my skincare products work better. i find that masks and oils work better for me and i get faster results.
-you dont have to push the brushead on your skin too hard. the motion will do most of the work for you. it feels like a face massage, i just let it gently glide over my face. dont push too hard or it wont work right.
-they have a couple different brush heads to try, they have a deep cleansing one, they have one for acne and a couple others. I use the deep cleansing cause its super soft and not too harsh. Brush heads are 25 dollars a piece which is a little pricey, wish they were cheaper but they last 4 months before you have to change them.
-has a magnetic charger which is so convenient! it doesnt sit in one of those charging cradles that fall over. it doesnt take up any space on my bathroom counter. it does take 24 hours to fully charge but I charge mine over night so when i wake up it wont die on me.
-comes in many pretty colors. I got mine in pink!
-the whole clarisonic deal is about 200 dollars. expensive but worth it.
Overall this has completely changed my skin. Nothing else works like this. i have nothing bad to say about it and at first I was very skeptical cause its very expensive and seemed over-hyped. I can totally see why people go crazy for this. I am in love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used everything from buf pufs, to the Olay spin brush, wash cloths and this. The Mia has made a world of difference in my skin. It somehow gets the deep down gunk out of my chin, cheeks and nose, smooths the texture of my skin overall, but never over-exfoliates or makes me red. I use this between 2 and 5 times a week and really notice a difference if I use it fewer than twice a week. My skin rarely breaks out any more, and it clears up much more quickly. I am so in love with this brush!