December 22, 2014 | 1329 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have very oily acne prone skin, along with buying the clarasonic and changing the products I used this combo was awesome for me! I highly recommend this if u have acne and clogged pores. If you have pretty good skin and not a lot wrong with it I would stay away because it might be too harsh for some people and you probably won't benefit a lot from it. I don't recommend the original brush it comes with, so far I only like the acne brush which you have to buy separate for $25 it's softer and more bristles. The battery life is fine to me, I use it once a day (highly don't recommend) and battery last me 2 weeks. Don't forget to switch out the heads and buy new ones every 2-3 months... Because they get gross.... People are often times intimidated by the price but "you get what you pay for" and I think it's worth the price of $99-$150 where ever you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by cherrypeaches

I wanted to love it, but unfortunately I'm just indifferent to it. The battery life is awful, and as a person who doesn't have problem skin I actually found it to cause breakouts. That being said I can safely use it twice per week, hardly worth the price. Verdict - If you don't have problem skin, this product is bot for you

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by hippychic823

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this to help with reducing pores and to even out my skin tone but now face is covered in huge cystic acne :( and the only thing different to my skin care routine is using the Mia :( hate it

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by unconvential87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In love seriously, never realized how dirty my face was :-/ after just two days my skin looks brighter, pores look smaller and a lot less clogging going on wow I'm so hooked forever. I use sensitive skin head, so far AWESOME!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ljr1963

There is nothing wrong with this product but I think it is best purchased and used by people that have specific issues with their skin. I changed the skin care products I used last year and that has by far been the most positive change I have made ever. I am very particular about keeping my face clean and so when I heard about this product I was mortified to think that my skin may not be has clean as it could be. After speaking to half a dozen women in the cosmetic departments in different stores I heard nothing but wonderful praise with the exception of one who said her sister who is an esthetician who said unless you have a problem with your skin not to bother. I decided to go ahead and purchase it and after about 6 weeks I can honestly say I see little to no difference at all; that's not to say it doesn't clean my skin well; it may but I didn't have a problem so there wasn't too much to repair and maintain. I think I could and should have saved my money on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by daisy309

Ahhh Clarisonic. Believe it or not... I have had once since I was in middle school. I haven't gotten really used to caring for my skin until the last year or so, so unfortunately I never really used it all that much. Now, I have my OWN (the first one was shared between two girls, yuck). I received my Clarisonic Mia exactly a month ago, and boy do I love it! Talk about a deep-cleansing! I was so excited to finally have it.
My skin now has fewer breakouts, less dry/oily patches, healthier glow, and a lot more MOISTURE! Since we are still sort of in the summer months, I don't wear makeup all that often. But once I get back to college and Fall hits us, this will really help me wash all that foundation off!
The Mia comes with obviously the brush... magnetic charger, and Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser.
The cleanser is awesome! It does what it says on the tube, "Purifies and Refreshes". It comes in a trial size (1 Fl OZ.) and I'm not sure if I will go online and buy the full size. It is awesome, but I think the normal size is about $25 which is kind of spendy for a girl on a college budget.
The nice thing with Clarisonic is once you have the brush, you can use whatever cleansers work best for you! You're not stuck with an expensive product you have to continuously buy.
Anyways, the brush in itself is amazing! It's good for all skin types, and you can buy different brush heads online. They tell you to replace the brush head about every 3 months, but to be honest, I never have. As long as you keep it clean... it's fine. Also, you can let it soak in some hydrogen peroxide and it will clean any bacteria lurking in the bristles.
***Make sure you pay attention to BEHIND the removable brush head... my stepmom has one and took it off to find black smelly mold growing! Probably from lack of letting the water drain out of the brush. EW. Just thought I should share that.***
Overall, I am very pleased with Clarisonic and wish I would've used the first brush more frequently in high school! Again, good for all skin types. Especially for acne-prone skin.
Different brush heads are available for sensitive skin, acne-prone, deep-pore clean, delicate, and body brush heads!
I gave my first model to my lovely boyfriend because he suffers from breakouts. Haven't convinced him to really give it a try. ;)
Good luck and enjoy Sweet Peas! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Taryncoco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible after service with this company, once it is out of the 12 month period they want nothing to do with you except, expect you to pay for a new one.

My Clarisonic stopped working just over the 12 month period it is like brand new and there is a genuine fault with the machine as it will no longer charge just keeps vibrating.

Would not buy another one again as I would expect that it should last longer than that! More importantly no after care service.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by HRudow

I don't normally have acne prone skin but I do keep blackheads on my noce & chin, no matter what I try. So I bought the Clairsonic Mia hoping this would remove them and would freshen up my skin to make it softer and brighter. All it has done is cause me to look as if I'm going through puberty again since about three days in. I've used the wash that came with it - Kate Sommerville for Sensitive Skin - and I've tried using acne washes. Nothing is making the breakouts stop and my skin doesn't look any better than it did before using this. I'm sending it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ehartlau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Mia has been on my wish list for sometime now. I haven't purchased it before now because of the price, although I did purchase the cheapest in the line. I was also hesitant because of the purge others have experienced. I have oily skin and texture problems. During my teen years I suffered from breakouts and have mild scarring as a result. God knows I don't want to add more to my face in the event of a purge.

I wear a full face of makeup five out of seven days and feel the need for more of a thorough cleanse at the end of the day. When I got this home I decided that I would begin with my usual routine of removing all makeup (or as much as one can manually), with makeup removal wipes, then Shu Uemura oil cleanse. I followed up by gently massaging Algenist facial cleanse and then using the Mia as directed on the box. After doing all of this my skin felt brand new. It was smooth and soaked in moisturizer instead of just sitting on top of my skin. I do not plan on using the Mia more than 2-3 times max a week as too much exfoliation would be bad for my skin. The Mia certainly lives up to the hype. I only wished I would have purchased sooner. Hopefully my review isn't presumptive since I have only used it once, but can't wait to use it again. I plan on adding to this review after using it for a couple of weeks.

It has been two months that I have used mia, and my face has never looked better! I love the results. It truly gets all the dirt out of your pores! My skin did experience a purge, but it is totally worth it. I don't use it everyday, 2-3 times max! Definitely a staple in my weekly routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by bonnyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw a few U.S. YouTubers reviewing this and months later decided to invest and see how it works for me. I really think it's a great investment for my skin. I have sensitive, combination skin and the Clarisonic really helps me. I normally do a manual cleanse first (using Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser), then I do another cleanse with my Mia. I feel this really does give a deeper and more thorough clean, but doesn't hurt my sensitive face in any way. I don't use the Mia daily, but every other day and I also generally only use it at night to really clear the gunk from my face at the end of the day. I think it's expensive to say the least, but worth it. If you can buy it on sale then even better for you!