November 26, 2014 | 1734 users online

Powder - Giorgio Armani - Silk Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2006 11:25:00 AM More reviews by sashababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this while traveling in Paris last summer, so I got a 25% percent off what with discount and tax-return, but the original price was acceptable. The powder itself is ultra-fine and non-sticky, unlike some powders I've used such as Shiseido Proudia. Color selection is very good, but the color I can use (#3 #4 #5) are all yellow-based, so the SA recommended Fluid Sheer in #7 (pink) to tone down the yellowness. It's amazing how one person can use three colors but they fit me indeed, with different results and looks though. #3 is a little pale and I can use this in the winter or brush it on lightly when my skin looks healthy. #4 is standard, and #5 is good when I get tanned in summer or want that exotic look for nights out. I got this in #4 and #5 and am going back for more :))))))

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by kizziecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG powder foundation! I've just purchased it for the second time in #2 and that's saying something. I've never bought the same powder or foundation shade twice. This makes a better finishing powder rather than foundation, but I suppose if one has perfect skin it would work well as a base. I love the shade - very light without being too pink, white or yellow. This looks great over my LSF in #2 and it never looks too cakey even when I build coverage. I'm a 38 yr old PPP and I've had a love affair with high-end cosmetics since I purchased my first Lancome powder when I was 17. But GA's quality is unparalleled across every product. It's very expensive, but unlike Chanel or Heaven forbid, Cle de Peau, the value lives up to the pricetag.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2006 11:22:00 PM More reviews by maggiefung125

This, like other foundation from GA, gives you a very natural finish. The coverage is buildable. It covers dark circles and redness pretty well when applied wet. I use it either by itself, or as a finishing powder after applying LSF, with a face brush.

EDIT: this went back to the store. Reason: this is absolutely not suitable for any skin type that's on the dry side :( Even if you have slightly dry skin, this may not be the best product for you. But go for it if you have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by redsoxgurl

I use this as my powder. It's so nice and smooth, reduces the shine without making you look dry. Powder and creme blush applies perfectly on top of this powder. Many shades, so you will definitely be able to find the perfect shade to blend with your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2005 7:54:00 PM More reviews by soph2803

I had high hopes for this powder foundation after using the LSF for a few years.. but alas it was not meant to be. The color range for the silk powder foundation (SPF) was limited, they did not coincide with the LSF colors. I managed to get a color as close as I could to my coloring, I usually use the LSF in 4.5, but the SPF 3 was a tad pale, and the 4 was a tad dark and orangey/pinky. I am chinese and have a yellow base. So in the end I got the 3 which was yellow base hoping it will darken as I wear on.

The color was ok - it was the texture that was the problem.. it felt good when u swipe it on your finger, but once applied to skin - it feels grainy and it accentuates flakies.. I usually have combo / oily skin. Not any good for dry skin.. also.. you would think it would be good for oily.. but thats a no no too funnily enough!I got really oily a couple hours after application. It also doesnt last long.. I hit pan after 3.5months or so! I probably will not purchase again.

I just got the new NARS Powder Foundation to replace it.. lets see how that goes! I was told by the SA that its powder foundation colors are the same as their liquid foundation.. so I bought the Fiji color on faith (cos the liquid in Fiji matches my skin coloring) as the product was so new the SA told me they hadnt been sent any testers yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2005 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kjjamm808

This is a fantastic powder foundation if you are looking for a natural, non-cakey finish. You have to build this though as one application will not be sufficient. I have normal/oily skin and am a MAC NC37-42 and this has not broken me out. My color match is #5, which is a little on the beige side, but gives my skin a fabulous glow. UPDATE: After using this for a little while, the product started developing a grainy texture and started to flake on my skin. I am using B&S' Powder and it has a smoother texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 9:21:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Recently tried this powder foundation cos i was looking for a sheer coverage powder that controls oil. so the ma recommended #5 for my NW25-30, LM Nude in TM, stila b/30 watts skin but i find it a shade too dark if i use the sponge provided, so i use a brush instead.

packaging - comes in the lovely black armani case with a mirror. am a little pissed that this is no longer refillable. ma says that its not very practical & more expensive cos the refill used to cost AUD$72 while the compact + foundation costs AUD$92 & u have to use back the old compact. I say "bollocks" to that. the company probably received complains about the flismy packaging. the compact contains the foundation in a smaller circle sitting within the compact & u have to flip that up to reveal the sponge. the clasp holding the foundation is darn flimsy - i worry that it will break any moment. everytime u open ur compact, the foundation shifts up, revealing the sponge & if u look at the side of the compact when closed, u will notice that there is a gap - like your compact has been broken. they probably dont want to change the packaging cos its the same packaging used for the limited edition palettes. it would be too costly to revamp the line or it could be their way of earning more!

product - coverage is sheer - the redness in my cheek has been toned down but i still can see my skin. it turns out very natural looking, like i dont have anything on. My skin is combo/oily in t-zone with dehydrated cheeks. with this i dont find my face, esp the t-zone, greasy during mid day but i have noticed white zits appearing these few days. will update if its this breaking me out cos i have broken out from the fluid sheers, MSF & LSF. now i sincerely hope this isnt the cause of my breakouts cos while using it & then visitng mu counters to check stuff out every ma exclaims, "my you have such beautiful skin / complexion" & i said "thank you its my genes..."

ETA (1802): Managed to get a sample of #4. although #4 is lighter than #5 & the right shade its still too yellowish for my skin. Compared to #5, which is darker & orangey on my skin, #4 is right shade but too yellowy. i dont think i will repurchase cos am paying too much for something that doesnt match my skin tone. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by sindais

Love this product =). Its goes on sheer when applied with a foundation brush and the coverage is very buildable. It doesnt cake around my eyes when i build it up and the colour is very natural and the powder is finer stila's moistuizing powder foundation. Only thing bad about this is the price and the colour of the compact- cosmetics with black casing tends to disappear when then are in my bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by umwife11

Oh Armani, Armani, Armani...why must you continue to create products that look like they were made for my face and then charge me so much for them????

After falling in love with GA MSF and some of the e/s, I decided to look into the powder foundation to use in the summer when I like to have very light makeup on my face (I live in South Florida and even the best foundation always feels heavy in oh, mid-August when I'm outside)...the GA SA actually tried to talk me out of this product saying it wouldn't provide as much coverage as I wanted, but I insisted I wanted to try it.

When I sat in the chair and she applied it with her brush, not so much, but I asked if they had a tester sponge and put it on myself and viola--perfect shade, perfect light coverage. I bought it on the spot and two months later, I am still loving it. I also use it as a blotting powder (very lightly) when I wear my MSF and my face never looks cakey at all.

The only reason I didn't give it five lippies is because it's so so so darn expensive...but I'll save up and repurchase again and again! Love it so much more than MAC Studio Fix which always made me seem so made up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ladybella72

I love this foundation. It worked very well for me. I have combo skin and it never made me look chalky. I have #6 and I would definitely repurchase