December 21, 2014 | 958 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by cdove

Syrup is such a beautiful color! this is my go to color for both work and a girls night out. Very pretty neutral color that looks good on all skin tones!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would describe Syrup as a mauve-pink with slight lavender undertones. I am NC30-37 and I have very pigmented lips so I struggle finding MLBB lipstick shades. This is close, but still not a favourite. I find that because of the lavender undertones it can pull a bit too cool on me whereas I prefer more warm pink-brown shades. This is my first Lustre finish lipstick from MAC and to me it isn't moisturising at all, but actually drying which I didn't expect. Lasting power is average for a non-matte formula, get a couple of hours of wear before it wears off (without eating that is). Overall, I do like the shade for an everyday colour and I will continue to wear this, but I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatecupcake5568

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this lipstick for over a year and it is a staple in my makeup bag. I have NC25 coloring and this shade is a perfect MLB shade. I would describe it as a neutral mauve pink. It's a Lustre finish which for me reads like a gloss just a lot less sticky. It lasts for an hour or two before fading which I find typical for most moisturizing lipsticks that have a glossy finish. Not a problem for me other than the fact that I can use up a tube of this stuff in under six months. I would purchase again and have, it's nice to just throw in my purse or pocket for a quick swab of color and moisture in a pinch. It makes my lips look fuller and it's the perfect shade for a neutral eye look to wear to the office/school/daytime etc. I've paired it with Plum lip pencil in the Fall for a bolder look and it pairs nicely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Hanbanana188

This is my first mac lipstick and its safe to say am in love the only thing i don't like is the smell . The packaging is so sleek and compact and i have a fair complexion so it compliments my skin tone . the colour Its self is beautiful its a purple pink toned lipstick and has a lovely sheen to it overall i would buy it again .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am on the fence with this lipstick. I feel like it's my lip color and my viva glam V does that for me already.... I might keep it I might now... it is not very moisturizing for me. I might keep it because in the winter I will pale up a little bit.. then it might look great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

a nude plum color perfect for every day and for every skin tone. don't be intimidated by the color - it goes on so pigmented yet naturally. this is even better than your-lips-but-better. try this out! love the texture too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bubblybee

Love this lipstick. A beautiful roses shade with a hint of plum. It's sheer so it looks more natural and I find it doesn't dry out my lips. Only con is due to the sheerness it wears off faster than some other colors I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

I LOVE this lipstick. For reference I am an nw15 quite pale and this is such a natural shade on me. It's one of those lipsticks you can just apply,don't even need a mirror and your lips look great. It's also very moisturizing which is a huge bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by GabyTee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love. Perfect for everyday, looks good on every client I've ever put it on. Can go from day to night. Doesn't dry out my lips or emphasize the fine lines. Definitely re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite everyday lipstick. It's beautiful, glossy, and goes on wonderfully. It is my ultimate "my lips but better" color. I recommend it to anyone, because of the sheerness it will compliment any lip color.