September 18, 2014 | 1207 users online

Blush - NARS - Desire

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by emilyasalways

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite blush, and I am very, very picky. I am a pale blonde, and I go for a natural look: Desire is perfect for this, and when applied with a light hand, looks like a natural flush on my face. I get a lot of compliments when wearing this blush, and the best part is that they are not compliments about the blush specifically, but more the "You look really pretty today" sort. Desire, applied lightly to pale skin, will brighten your face, and not in the "Hey! I'm wearing blush" kind of way. This is much better and more natural-looking than Orgasm for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mimi2323

Don't let the bright colors scare you! It's really beautiful, just apply it with a lighter hand if your not ready for super pink cheeks. I have so many blushes but this one is one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had wanted this blush for a year before finally getting it. I thought I'd nip the lemming by getting Elf's Pink Passion.. and that was fine, for a while. For the record, Elf's Pink Passion and Nars Desire are NOT dupes. Pink Passion is more blue toned and has a more neon look to it and is much more chalky. I loved how I looked brighter and happier with bright pink blush on, but the Elf blushes faded within 2 hours. That may be helped by me wearing primer but I break out when I do and I don't want to deal with breakouts just for blush to stay vibrant. There is no point to wearing blush if I'm going to need to touch it up every couple hours so I thought a higher end one would give me stronger lasting power. I'd say this lasts about 6 hours, which is high considering how most blushes don't last on me for long at all for some reason. I *really* like this on my NC25 skin (I'm fairly neutrally/olivey though, not too yellow). This is a yellow-toned bright pink. If you want something cooler (or more neutral on the color spectrum) and slightly softer looking, go with Tarina Tarantino Carved Rose. It's also awesome but is a bit more neutral because between Nars Desire and Make Up For Ever 26 it is in between. MUFE 26 is fairly purple toned. All of those have very good lasting power on me. But if I had to pick 1 out of the 3, I would pick Nars Desire because it's most flattering to me. Also, this doesn't come off as that bright until like the 3rd layer. If I try to wear a typical "wearable" pink blush, it's like I didn't even put any on. Bright pink blushes give me the effect that the wearable ones fail at doing. I don't have to layer this on endlessly and blend too much. It's a really good pigmentation and a reasonable price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

I initially purchased this on a semi-whim, not really looking for or needing a new blush but unable to resist its unapologetically overstated candy-lolita-Barbie pink allure. I don't usually like hot pink. It just looked so delicious in the pan. Thought it would be a "fun" blush at most, something for nights out or certain moods, but it turns out I reach for this blush nearly every day! I can only reiterate what other reviewers have already stated. It's VERY pigmented and therefore easy to overdo (a good brush is important) but so sleekly textured that blending the color out is a breeze. I use the Yachiyo brush by Nars but have had beautiful results stippling/blending with a MAC 187. One light dab with the brush is all I need, the pan looks almost new and I've used it daily for a few months now. Love that it's matte, and it lasts a full work day (8 hours) on my very oily skin. The cool-toned pink gives my light NC20-25 yellowish complexion a gorgeous "wintery" glow, but is perfect for spring/summer as well. My new favorite blush!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by itseverlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

My first ever NARS blush - and I am not disappointed. I love how it's a matte finish and brightens up my face. Just have to be very light handed as it is a very pigmented cotton candy pink, too much and you'll look like a clown. A very suitable colour for tan/olive skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

NARS has the best blushes ever! They look natural and beautiful and stay true to their colors in the pan. Desire is no exception! It is a hot pink color, so a little goes a long way. This looks sooooooo pretty on my pale skin, though. It lasts forever too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by miss_beee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

best. blush. ever.
I'm a fair olive tone (i'd love to give my mac color but the only thing I use is the concealer and its a nw20) and I have NO color on my face. Days I don't wear blush people won't stop asking if I'm sick or okay. I bought this 2 and a half years ago when I wanted something different than orgasm (too much shimmer for days I want to look natural) I use it pretty much every day and haven't hit the pan yet and I do find that the fluffier the brush the better it looks. I literally just lightly dab the pan and I have enough to cover a cheek.

I love that its matte because I can wear it when I have no foundation and it looks completely natural and I can add some highlight to it with out looking like I'm glowing. I've gotten all my girlfriends and my mom using this and everyone has a different skin tone and absolutely loves it. Don't let the bright pink fool you and don't think dollymix from mac (eventhough it looks the same in the pan) is remotely similar. If this blush cost $50 I'd pay for it. One of my ultimate HG finds. +

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by dollheart

This blush is absolutely amazing. So incredibly pigmented that one tap of this product directly onto my brush is more than enough to cover an entire cheek - looks absolutely crazy bright fuchsia barbie pink in the pan, but looks absolutely beautiful on the face - a soft but somehow bright glow that lifts the complexion - making even the dullest of skin appear illuminated and healthy. It is a cool toned blue based pink that gives the face a lovely warmth, even so being cool toned. Looks absolutely porcelain doll-like on fair skin but suits all skin tones. Slightly pricey of course being NARS ($55 in Australia - MAC blushes are $41) but worth every cent, the formula of NARS blushers are just phenomenal, not to mention this blush lasts literally 8 hours +, staying powder beats MAC by a mile.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG ELF PINK PASSION LOOKS ALMOST THE EXACT SAME AS THIS!!!!!!! I love this blush because it lasts ALL DAY ON ME, Like for almost every nars blush stays on all day, but mac and elf blushes dont do that for me, im glad i paid so much for nars blushes cos they are totally worth the price and this is much more pigmented than pink passion from ELF. highly recommend! definitely and everyday color for me:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by chinacat33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is like the Jaegermeister of blushes. Just don't overdo it and everything will be fine! A little goes a long way, so dont let the color of this blush in the pan intimidate you! (or internet photos floating out there showing WAY HEAVY. applications of this product) I use a fan brush to apply this blush and LIGHTLY apply until I achieve the healthy youthful looking flush I am going for. DESIRE rocks! I love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No