E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 6/20/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this on a whim at Target. It is AWESOME. I have very oily skin and usually without primers all of my makeup slides right off, including my eye shadows. I apply just a thin layer of this to my eyelids, let it dry and then use my powder eye shadows over it. They don't budge. No creasing, no greasiness, no nothing all day long! And it's SO cheap it's ridiculous. I have used the $30 bases and they don't come close to this. I have to tell you that for the price I was shocked at how well this lid primer works. I have 2 back-ups in case they DC it, but one tube lasts forever. For a couple of bucks you can't go wrong. TRY IT! :)

on 6/16/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I only bought this cause I was buying other things on the site and needed to fill up the basket for a sale (which btw they always have great sales on the website) so I decided why not? I don't have an eyelid primer and it's only a dollar! All in all, it's a very great product and keeps my shadows in place all day.

I was a little skeptical to try this because its so cheap, but oh my gosh when I use this primer, my eye shadow doesn't budge all day. It literally lasts through anything without creasing. It is a little greasy, but it works so good.

on 6/10/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this ages ago when it was hard to locate eyeshadow primers that didn't hurt your wallet. Now nearly every brand offers one. For the price, I think it is really good. Despite not containing much product, I found that it has lasted me quite a while. It definitely does prolong the wear of eye shadow however it does not make then m appear brighter or bolder in colour. You do need to make sure you blend it in well, I find that it can settle in my eyelid crease. A great little bargain, but I won't repurchase because there are many other affordable options on the market now, many of which are more accessible for me.

on 5/30/2013 2:49:00 PM

I bought this because it was cheap. It was kind of oily and made my eye shadow crease more than when I had nothing on. I definitely wouldn't repurchase this one but because of the price I would say at least worth a try, maybe my trash would be someone else's treasure!

on 5/28/2013 1:50:00 PM

This primer is okay. Nothing special. Worth the price. Which is only like $3. Not much to say about it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For 3 bucks you get what you paid for plus more, this was my first eye primer it did it's job for a while but they nite I hit into the wonderful world of makeup the more I needed a better primer.. Will be giving this bad boy to my little cousin who is now falling for make up

on 5/16/2013 7:43:00 PM

I was excited to try this out after hearing great reviews about it but I'm really disappointed. I've tried the NYX and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance ones before and they are both very tacky and grab on shadow fantastically. I felt that the elf one really didn't help my eyeshadows stick...it felt as if I was putting them on sans primer. It didn't prolong the eyeshadow length and wear was only about 3-4 hours. My shadows didn't crease but that's about the only good thing for this product along with its price.

on 5/6/2013 9:43:00 PM

HG eye primer definitely. I wish they'd sell these at Target so that I could stock up on them (I don't shop online that much). These are wonderful! These ELF eye primers really do the job. I don't know much about the non-mineral ones though, but I must say that the mineral primers are still cheap ($3! Got it for half price during Cyber Monday for $1.5) and make my eye makeup last FOREVER!
It doesn't irritate my eyes, it doesn't feel greasy or too sticky, I get very very minimal creasing if any at all (and that's after maybe a 12+ hour day), you need very very little product, and again, it's so cheap!
I love ELF products in general because of their wonderful quality (especially their studio lines) and this one is just one of the many. I have never tried other eyeprimers because I never really wore eyeshadow before I tried this primer (because my eye makeup always crease!!!)
Seriously, give it a try when you're shopping on the ELF site. You won't regret it. And BTW, my eyelids (and the rest of my face, really) is VERY VERY oily. NOTHING stays on my face without sliding off, so keep that in mind too!

on 4/9/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Finally found an affordable eye primer that does an amazing job - unbelieveable! Costing only 3 from E.L.F's website for a small tube it's an ideal option for keeping everyday eye makeup in place.

I use a small dab on each eyelid using the applicator and then blend it in with my fingers - it dries non-sticky and sheer, an ideal base for shadow application. I found that it's not quite as smooth for shadow as Urban Decay's eye primer potion and sometimes needs a slight amount more product for full coverage, but I only notice this with my expensive shadows where I'm already using them sparingly (my Urban Decay palette); the cheap MUA ones I can use as much as I like and they still stay in place all day! If I'm wearing thicker dark eyeliner on my upper lid it helps the liner stay in place too - no embarrassing creases, oiliness or smudges at all. On my oily lids I get an average of 10 hours wear - very impressive for such a cheap product!

My absolute favourite for keeping my cheap but lovely MUA eyeshadows in place all day - so glad I'll try this, I'm happy to buy this over UD (especially with UD's annoying new 'squeezy' primer packaging) and save my money any day!