April 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally found an affordable eye primer that does an amazing job - unbelieveable! Costing only 3 from E.L.F's website for a small tube it's an ideal option for keeping everyday eye makeup in place.

I use a small dab on each eyelid using the applicator and then blend it in with my fingers - it dries non-sticky and sheer, an ideal base for shadow application. I found that it's not quite as smooth for shadow as Urban Decay's eye primer potion and sometimes needs a slight amount more product for full coverage, but I only notice this with my expensive shadows where I'm already using them sparingly (my Urban Decay palette); the cheap MUA ones I can use as much as I like and they still stay in place all day! If I'm wearing thicker dark eyeliner on my upper lid it helps the liner stay in place too - no embarrassing creases, oiliness or smudges at all. On my oily lids I get an average of 10 hours wear - very impressive for such a cheap product!

My absolute favourite for keeping my cheap but lovely MUA eyeshadows in place all day - so glad I'll try this, I'm happy to buy this over UD (especially with UD's annoying new 'squeezy' primer packaging) and save my money any day!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At such bargain price, it's well worth having it in your stash. It provides a good even base for your eyeshadow but I wouldn't really say that it emphasize the colour. It's an easy step if you need to extend the longevity of your eye make up for a few hours, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is going to be a solid staple as UD Primer potion. For everyday, it does an excellent job. For a special day, you may want to rely on something longer lasting. Hope this was helpful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried a few high end primers and for me this works just as well as others, and I usually reach for it over the expensive ones. My shadows last all day, are more pigmented, and they even are still on my lids when I fall asleep with it still on. At such a cheap price, this product is fantastic and does exactly what it should. (So does the non-mineral version that is only $1! same effects!)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an unbelievably good primer and a great example of why it doesn't make much sense to be a high-end make up snob these days.

There used to be a big disparity between make up purchased in department stores versus drugstore brands, but that simply isn't the case anymore. I was buying Urban Decay Primer Potion at $20 a pop until someone turned me on to the Elf primer. It's every bit as good as UDPP, if not BETTER, and I was hesitant to try it because it 'only" cost a buck!

There is no question that Revlon, Cover Girl, and L'oreal upped their games over the last 5 years. Combine that with the introduction of affordable cosmetic brands like Elf, NYX, Milani, NYC, and BH Cosmetics and the beauty landscape has completely changed. Today, you CAN get high end quality at drugstore prices and Elf primer is case and point.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gotta agree with glamzdoll on this item. Its a primer that has just put $$ into product, leaving out the pretty packaging and logos - and you know what it works better than any "look what I have in my bag" make up brands.

My eyelids are normal. not dry or oily. The product has this 'slicky' texture, but have no fear, it does grab lid and matify on the drydown, and then sets to work, making sure eye makeup stays in place. I dont use powder shadow, I use creme, and yes, it clings and doesn't crease - YES! even creme.
Sure ELF does have some items which have gotten delivered then i deliver them into the trash within the hour! But this item is not one of those, and is a repeat buy for me

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

As all other e.l.f. products, this primer is very budget friendly ($3). I actually really like this primer and it's great quality for the price. I did take off one lippie, however, because it does SLIGHTLY crease on me. But, it still makes a big difference versus no primer. I do have super oily lids though, so it could just be me. If you're new to primer, definitely try this out. Especially if you don't wear eyeshadow often. It doesn't make much sense to spend a lot of money on a product that won't be used very frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by sagiegens

I have not looked for many eye primers because elf's eye primer is so affordable and easy to find. Compared to without any primer, I do notice the diffrence of how much it doesn't crease though there is still minimal creasing through out the day. It does dry rather quickly and sometimes creates "patches" of dried skin. Not too attractive but is barely noticeable if makeup over it. Worth trying if you don't have much money or resources. Does what an eye primer is intended to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by glamzdoll

$1.00. Works better than ANY eye primer i've tried including urban decay primer potion, smashbox, and drugstore brands. Eyeshadow doesn't crease, long lasting, enhances shadow color....love it. And the price is awesome as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lizbethv

I have VERY oily eyelids, so I was in urgent need of an eye primer. I highly recommend this one. It gives a slight color and a base for the eyeshadow, and it definitely prevents it from creasing ALL DAY. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Heinalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eyeshadow primer! It blends so well and gives the lid a light and even finish for you to get a "clean sheet" to work with. It is ridiculously cheap and works SO good with enhancing the colours and making the shadow stay perfect throughout the day/night - So, as we say in Norway: HIPP, HIPP, HURRA! :D