July 31, 2014 | 1240 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Blushaholiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For 3 bucks you get what you paid for plus more, this was my first eye primer it did it's job for a while but they nite I hit into the wonderful world of makeup the more I needed a better primer.. Will be giving this bad boy to my little cousin who is now falling for make up

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I was excited to try this out after hearing great reviews about it but I'm really disappointed. I've tried the NYX and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance ones before and they are both very tacky and grab on shadow fantastically. I felt that the elf one really didn't help my eyeshadows stick...it felt as if I was putting them on sans primer. It didn't prolong the eyeshadow length and wear was only about 3-4 hours. My shadows didn't crease but that's about the only good thing for this product along with its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jhuaniey

HG eye primer definitely. I wish they'd sell these at Target so that I could stock up on them (I don't shop online that much). These are wonderful! These ELF eye primers really do the job. I don't know much about the non-mineral ones though, but I must say that the mineral primers are still cheap ($3! Got it for half price during Cyber Monday for $1.5) and make my eye makeup last FOREVER!
It doesn't irritate my eyes, it doesn't feel greasy or too sticky, I get very very minimal creasing if any at all (and that's after maybe a 12+ hour day), you need very very little product, and again, it's so cheap!
I love ELF products in general because of their wonderful quality (especially their studio lines) and this one is just one of the many. I have never tried other eyeprimers because I never really wore eyeshadow before I tried this primer (because my eye makeup always crease!!!)
Seriously, give it a try when you're shopping on the ELF site. You won't regret it. And BTW, my eyelids (and the rest of my face, really) is VERY VERY oily. NOTHING stays on my face without sliding off, so keep that in mind too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally found an affordable eye primer that does an amazing job - unbelieveable! Costing only 3 from E.L.F's website for a small tube it's an ideal option for keeping everyday eye makeup in place.

I use a small dab on each eyelid using the applicator and then blend it in with my fingers - it dries non-sticky and sheer, an ideal base for shadow application. I found that it's not quite as smooth for shadow as Urban Decay's eye primer potion and sometimes needs a slight amount more product for full coverage, but I only notice this with my expensive shadows where I'm already using them sparingly (my Urban Decay palette); the cheap MUA ones I can use as much as I like and they still stay in place all day! If I'm wearing thicker dark eyeliner on my upper lid it helps the liner stay in place too - no embarrassing creases, oiliness or smudges at all. On my oily lids I get an average of 10 hours wear - very impressive for such a cheap product!

My absolute favourite for keeping my cheap but lovely MUA eyeshadows in place all day - so glad I'll try this, I'm happy to buy this over UD (especially with UD's annoying new 'squeezy' primer packaging) and save my money any day!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At such bargain price, it's well worth having it in your stash. It provides a good even base for your eyeshadow but I wouldn't really say that it emphasize the colour. It's an easy step if you need to extend the longevity of your eye make up for a few hours, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is going to be a solid staple as UD Primer potion. For everyday, it does an excellent job. For a special day, you may want to rely on something longer lasting. Hope this was helpful.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried a few high end primers and for me this works just as well as others, and I usually reach for it over the expensive ones. My shadows last all day, are more pigmented, and they even are still on my lids when I fall asleep with it still on. At such a cheap price, this product is fantastic and does exactly what it should. (So does the non-mineral version that is only $1! same effects!)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an unbelievably good primer and a great example of why it doesn't make much sense to be a high-end make up snob these days.

There used to be a big disparity between make up purchased in department stores versus drugstore brands, but that simply isn't the case anymore. I was buying Urban Decay Primer Potion at $20 a pop until someone turned me on to the Elf primer. It's every bit as good as UDPP, if not BETTER, and I was hesitant to try it because it 'only" cost a buck!

There is no question that Revlon, Cover Girl, and L'oreal upped their games over the last 5 years. Combine that with the introduction of affordable cosmetic brands like Elf, NYX, Milani, NYC, and BH Cosmetics and the beauty landscape has completely changed. Today, you CAN get high end quality at drugstore prices and Elf primer is case and point.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gotta agree with glamzdoll on this item. Its a primer that has just put $$ into product, leaving out the pretty packaging and logos - and you know what it works better than any "look what I have in my bag" make up brands.

My eyelids are normal. not dry or oily. The product has this 'slicky' texture, but have no fear, it does grab lid and matify on the drydown, and then sets to work, making sure eye makeup stays in place. I dont use powder shadow, I use creme, and yes, it clings and doesn't crease - YES! even creme.
Sure ELF does have some items which have gotten delivered then i deliver them into the trash within the hour! But this item is not one of those, and is a repeat buy for me

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

As all other e.l.f. products, this primer is very budget friendly ($3). I actually really like this primer and it's great quality for the price. I did take off one lippie, however, because it does SLIGHTLY crease on me. But, it still makes a big difference versus no primer. I do have super oily lids though, so it could just be me. If you're new to primer, definitely try this out. Especially if you don't wear eyeshadow often. It doesn't make much sense to spend a lot of money on a product that won't be used very frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by sagiegens

I have not looked for many eye primers because elf's eye primer is so affordable and easy to find. Compared to without any primer, I do notice the diffrence of how much it doesn't crease though there is still minimal creasing through out the day. It does dry rather quickly and sometimes creates "patches" of dried skin. Not too attractive but is barely noticeable if makeup over it. Worth trying if you don't have much money or resources. Does what an eye primer is intended to do.