Neutrogena Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel

3.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time I used it, I loved it. I could automatically feel it was working - it gave a cool tingling feeling, and it soothed a bit of the redness on my face. I was like wow, it works! However, I've still been using it for about a year or so, and lately it hasn't really done much- I don't know, maybe my skins just "gotten used" to it. Also, it seems to control the oil for a little while, but then it seems to just get more oily later on. It's not hugely noticeable or anything, but I feel like some of the ingredients should maybe be changed. Anyway, I'll probably continue to use this until I find something better.

on 10/26/2011 1:27:00 AM

I used the whole bottle of this and that is not something I do often. I have many different face cleansers and all of them are either too drying, not effective, unpleasant in use, etc. This cleanser is very pleasant to use. It smells great. It didn't irritate my skin even though my skin is sensitive. I've even used this cleanser as a body wash when I had some breakouts on my chest and back.
I have yet to find a cleanser that can treat acne on it's own. The active ingredients are washed away with rinsing and the little that gets absorbed is probably not enough to treat severe acne. That goes for all cleansers though, not just this one. A proper treatment should be used.
All in all, I will repurchase this cleanser.

I bought this in hopes that it would help get rid of the redness on my cheeks. I was very disappointed. Not only did it not soothe my redness, but it irritated my face and made my skin flake off. My face got itchy, red, and flaky, and not even my thick moisturizer could put the moisture back in after. Now I'm on Clinique 3 Step which is already working wonders for my skin. Don't know if it would work for everyone but I'd give it a shot for sure!

on 2/22/2011 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff was...okay. It did help neutralize the redness on my face and keep the grease on my t-zone at bay, but that's about it. Didn't clear up or prevent any type of blemishes whatsoever. But it did feel nice and cool on my skin (I tend to switch to gel cleansers in the summer because my skin gets more greasy), and I doubt I'll repurchase.

on 2/22/2011 11:09:00 PM

This product made my face extremely red and dry. I have very sensitive skin.. this wash irritated it and broke me out

on 1/18/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this cleanser. I have better luck treating acne with a salicylic acid cleanser as opposed to a "gentle" cleanser with no actives and a leave on treatment. I chose this one because it has 2 percent salicylic acid, no clogging ingredients, and claimed to reduce redness. It removes all my makeup in one wash, doesn't irritate my skin, and leaves my skin feeling very clean and smooth. I don't think it really reduces redness but it's not a big deal for me. I do think it helps prevent breakouts and it doesn't clog my pores. It is a bit drying but that's also not a big deal for me as I'm quite oily. The scent is a little weird, sort of a synthetic botanical smell but it's not bothersome. Overall I am pretty pleased and I have already repurchased.

on 1/8/2011 10:16:00 PM

This wash did zip for my acne or my redness but it was a nice way to wake up in the morning. Feels like it has menthol in it which really wakes you up. I finished the entire tube since I don't like throwing things out, but I definitely will not be buying this again.

on 12/26/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this bc I was curious about the branch offs from the original orange stuff. However, I was so repulsed that I went out and bought the original stuff at the 1st opportunity. What it is is a nice smelling soap thing. What it does not do is calm redness or help with acne. In fact my skin felt MORE congested! But I will give it the benefit of the doubt that I was using it during summer and perhaps it is too rich for the hot humid weather. I will give it one more shot during the winter before binning it.

on 9/15/2010 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I looove this stuff! It's the best cleanser I ever used. It lathers well, cleans well with no residue, and doesn't leave a tight feeling on my face. I don't have to follow up with moisturizer, that's how good my skin feels. Just soft, calm skin. I really like the scent too. The only reason i will not buy this again is that it runs out too fast. Like less than a month fast before it's all used up. Maybe it's the gel formula.

on 7/28/2010 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I've been using this for over a month and haven't seen any reduction in redness. It works okay as a cleanser but it's not nearly as good as the original/regular formula. And it's watery for some reason. I don't even wet my face first. I just slather it on and it lathers up. Not impressed.