October 24, 2014 | 1775 users online

Bronzers - E.L.F. - Studio Cool Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect bronzer for contouring as it is matte!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great universal product, for such an affordable price it includes two bronzers, a highlighter and a mid tone natural pink blush - all of which are matte. On my NC45 skintone it works out as a great product. It is a bit chalky but I can't complain - it's so affordable! I've been using it everyday since purchasing and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best bronzer that I have ever tried and I have tried a few.

I have very fair skin and have never been able to find a bronzer that gives me enough definition without coming off too dark.

I give it a swirl and apply, blends well, is buildable and perfect every time.

I love that I can use the separate quads for highlighting, bronzing and blush, I love that this palette is MATTE and I love that it suits me :o)

The packaging is fantastic, ELF have done a really good job with their Studio range, I can't fault the packaging at all.

For me ELF is hit and miss but this is definitely a HIT!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jujilover87

I really like this. as a cool toned gal, it can be tricky to get bronzy without looking muddy. this product acheives this for me! i simply swipe my brush and put this on my cheeks, upper forehead and chin. Love it. Best of all, it hasnt caused any breakouts...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think it's a good bronzer for the price. i Bought them for 10AU$ but it's 3US$ in the states so it's worth picking up for a spare bronzer. It's not pigmented and you have to build the colour up (I'm NC30).
It's really nice that it's drugstore and it's matte but I think i'll buy another better bronzer like the Benefit Hoola.
Oh, and I like the packaging, with the really big mirror inside.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by snowDoLL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I quite like this palette, but for me it isn't perfect. I'm really pale with cool undertones, so the browns in this are a little too orangey, though not nearly as bad as most bronzers. (I think I'm going to try a taupe bronzer next, looking at NYX blush in taupe I saw recommended somewhere.) All of the colors are very matte. Trying to use the white powder alone was unsuccessful; it has almost no pigmentation at all. So I just use it like the directions say: to swirl all of the colors together. (Makes me wonder why they even made it have 4 different colors.) This palette will be near-perfect for neutral or warm toned pale/fair girls. If you fall into that category, definitely buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by janathelamb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had this for a little over a year. I bought it when I first started getting into makeup but I didn't really know how to use it and it sat in my collection. Recently I've been going back to my old stuff and now I love it. I swirl all the colors together a little, tap off, and put it on like blush and on my temples. I think my skin is cool toned but I really don't know. I'm not sure if these colors are cool toned anyway, they look kind of warm to me? Maybe that's not why it is named the way it is anyway. Bottomline, it's a great matte cheap bronzer. You can even use the colors as eyeshadows for a great natural look. Novices wouldn't even know you were wearing makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jazzcb85

It is not bad, it is inexpensive. I think it is a bit to chalky. I love the packaging, the mirror is nice and big.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is absolutely great for not only cool skin tones either- everyone can use this! also- ITS MATTE GIRLS! AND BOYS! yes an affordable bronzer with no orange or ruddy undertones. I have been looking for a natural contour for my cool undertone for years & years and at last! this has been a lifesaver! most if not all i own are so orange or too warm that they look nasty but with this- i dont worry no more
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
This cool bronzer is online from the Elf website from the Studio Collection under face- it can also be found at Target stores or where you can find your Elf Studio products but def online- this cost $3 usd. So its so affordable & def worth $3
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The Cool Bronzer is one of the 3 shades in the Studio Bronzers, the others are Golden & Warm which both are more shimmer throughout or a glow to them but Cool is matte. The formula is smooth & applies & blends easily onto the skin with any brush. I love using the Elf Studio Complexion brush since its such a good fluffy but dense at the same time brush. There is 4 different shades to this- so you can use individual shades or swirl all together for all over bronzing. I love all of them- all 4 are matte- you get a nice white that can used to highlight areas on the face if used alone, a very nice baby pink that is gorgeous as a blush for a natural & sleek look on the cheeks a great day to day blush, then also a milk chocolate mid tone brown which i love to use on my pale skin as a very natural contour shade, gives definition & slims my face, then a dark chocolate shade that i also use sometimes to contour if used very lightly this would be great for people or everyone thats darker than me- & all together it gives a nice natural bronze shade for all over bronzing. I love all the shades even as eyeshadows since its matte & natural, you can get so many diff eye looks with these 4 shades., its like a big quad. I love this its actually my fav bronzer- i use this all year round from summer to winter to fall to spring.
=PACKAGING=
I love the Elf Studio packaging, its very similar to Nars coming in a black matte compact with the Elf Logo & Cool Bronzer stamped into the front of compact w/ snap closure. Then on back is a small sticker w/ cool on it. inside the whole front flap is a huge nice useable mirror. its as big as the compact. Then the other side is the big nice size bronzer. no excess bulky packaging like some of the studio line items. I love the packaging. it makes me feel rich & i got expensive makeup laying around! The pan is huge so you get a whole bunch of bronzer. the 4 shades sizes are big enough that my brushes can tap into w/out picking up the next shade. i dont have to squeeze it to pick up one of the shades so its very nice. The pan isnt too deep but deep enough that i havent even hit pan anywhere. Its sturdy & amazing compact that can slip into pocket or travel makeup bag. I love this & the mirror will allow you to see what you're doing.
Overall, this is probably one of my tops bronzers but def my fav contouring shade that i searched for years for. I love this & hope you all give it a try. The bronzer is so big that it will take a while to get thru but when i do, ill def repurchase & repurchase over again & again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by missleahchristine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love that there is a cool bronzer out there! This gives you buildable color without looking orange. It is a little powdery but just tap off the excess and you are good to go. Can't beat it for the price. I like that it is matte too bc you can always add shimmer if you want. Great bronzer.