MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 10/24/2012 10:35:00 AM

I have had amber lights for quite some time I haven't given it much use because it is just so damn bright! I am more of a neutrals girl... but I knew this color would bring out my blue-green eyes if I could find the right way to wear it. A great fall look I have come up with is Sweet Satisfaction on the lid (this is a prolongwear color -- you could also use Ricepaper) Amber lights in the crease, Embark in outer V and deepen crease, and vanilla to highlight. This color has a tendency to look very orange on my NC25 skin, but this look helped to minimize that. Pigmentation, blendbility, and texture are stellar!

on 10/6/2012 2:18:00 AM

This is the first MAC shadow I bought and it is one of my favorites. Amber Lights has excellent pigmentation and lasts all day, with or without a primer. This is a must-have for blue eyes. It makes my eyes look bigger and brighter, even if I've been up all night studying. I couldn't live without it!

on 9/27/2012 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I got this in my first ever swap and I am in LOVE. I could see how this wouldn't be a color for every skin tone, as it's got a very peach tone to it that verges on orange but this works VERY well on my tan warm skin (NW35). It's a very intense peach toned gold that just brightens my face and makes my lids glow without looking too gilded or OTT. Texture is very smooth and pigmented. If you've got the coloring for it, definitely recommend!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had bought this upon reading all the rave reviews, but found that it did not complement my skin tone or other eye shadows. I think the fault is with me, since it is so universally popular.

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Amber lights eye shadow was one item in my FIRST Mac cosmetics order. A gorgeous warm peachy, amber gold with subtle orange tones, it isnít bronze or copper like some are claiming. Iíve hit pan on this the texture is so soft (very shatter prone), smooth & pigmentation is insane. In my opinion this looks best on tanned/ deep dark skin every DDD should own this. Iím almost out & will forever repurchase this color many brands have similar colors but the texture & wear of this one canít be duped. Mac matchmaster 8.5 btw.

on 8/3/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this color. It looks gorgeous with my dark hair, dark eyes & fair skin. I find it's easier to get the look I want with my finger rather than a brush. It is effortless. I have yet to try it with any other colors.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My FAVOURITE eyeshadow. The colour looks gorgeous on my skintone and I love how much I can do with it. I can do a bronze-y smokey eye or play around with golds and pinks for a sunset feel. This is the eyeshadow I use the most, love it.

on 6/13/2012 1:21:00 PM

After rejecting this color at the MAC counter, I returned the next day after continually admiring the swatch on my hand. This color is gorgeous in the crease with gold mine on the lid (I blend it out with texture if my transition is too harsh). Then I apply mulch on the outer v and a thin amount of amber lights on the lower lashes. Black liner and black mascara and it is gorgeous!!! I tend to do a lot of brown looks, this is a nice change because it is suttee but much more vibrant and colorful at the same time. Really plays up a more neutral toned eye

on 5/24/2012 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a rust color I always use this with gold mine by MAC looks sooo pretty together very natural bronzed look

I thought this eyeshadow was going to be a little more gold-y..unfortunately on my skin it looks orange. Just orange...so I find myself layering other products on to lighten the area a bit. I am going to try using this in my crease and see how it goes..

Top Rated MAC Products