October 25, 2014 | 1075 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this gel liner in Black, Brown, Navy, and Eggplant/Aubergine (also available in dark green, gray, and some limited edition/seasonal colors). It comes with a really great brush if you don't have your own eyeliner brush to apply it. The formula is pigmented and creamy. It doesn't drag across your eyelid and applies evenly and smoothly. The colors are nice, I personally wish the brown was a bit more darkly pigmented but the other colors are great. I use the brown everyday and then use the colors for evening when I am going out. I have fair skin and blonde hair so the brown is great because it is less startling against my fair skin than the black. I would recommend wiping the brush off when it is still damp because the product tends to clump up in the brush and it becomes difficult to draw a perfect cat eye with a gunked-up brush. I wash mine with baby shampoo every couple of uses to keep the brush sharp-shaped and flexible. The black and brown don't have any shimmer in them and they dry to a waterproof matte finish. The Aubergine color has a bit of shimmer in the formula but it isn't very noticeable on the eyelid. This is a fantastic product for someone who is just getting into makeup because it is fairly inexpensive compared to MAC Blacktrack or Bobbi Brown's gel liner (equally amazing) but it still offers the great color payoff and staying power as a more expensive product. Once the product sets, it doesn't budge all day! I usually start out with a small amount and build it up on the lash line so the creamy formula doesn't go rogue and make you look like a panda by accident (it happens to the best of us). Also, beware of any stray clumps on the brush or your hands because they seem to always end up somewhere on your face and get smudged and are difficult to remove when they dry, this isn't always an issue but it has been known to happen when you're in a hurry. EVERYONE who likes to wear eyeliner should buy this product because it has major staying power and you can go minimal (pushing it into your lashline) or bold with your look (winged liner, or wherever the makeup takes you). I have repurchased this several times in different colors and I will keep buying it until they stop making it (which is hopefully NEVER because I love it).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Creamy
-Waterproof and smudge proof, I'm not sure if it claims to be waterproof but I once swam in this and it didn't come off.
-Lasts ALLL day.
-Great dupe for mac fluidline.
-Cheap.
-The brush that comes with it is surprisingly quite nice.
Cons:
-Dries out in a couple of months as most gel eyeliners do.

As u can see.. it's an awesome product, it was unnecessary to add a con but I wanted to be completely honest :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by BoundlessBeauty

This gel liner does have its downfalls. The liner does smear and smudge throughout the day. Overall, I am not overly fond of gel liners, but if you enjoy them you might want to try this one. I have tried the black. * Just a tip for gel liner usage: do not go over the line with additional product continuously as it will smudge and eliminate the fluency and crisp line.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LiTheOwl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the color espresso. It's a great gel liner! The applicator was simple and easy to use. The product is creamy and easy to apply. It takes a little longer to dry, but once it's set- you're good to go! I have oil-slick eyelids and these budged very little. The first day I wore it, I spent the whole day walking around nyc in the muggy heat. I expected my eyes to be a mess after about 7 hours of wear, but to my surprise, it stayed on! There was only very little transfer to my under eyes. This liner is also very good for tight-lining. I'm very impressed!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product for the wing. You put a primer or with a paint pot from Mac and a brow bone highlight and you get a perfect look. It stays all day. The color is a pitch black. Great quality, great pigment. A must have for any makeup fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

This thing glides so smoothly on my eyes! It makes the winged look a breeze

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo123

I love this product! I've been nervous to try gel/cream eyeliners and took a chance with this because of the reviews and I love it! Cate eyes are do easy to make with this product! Definitely a great but and I will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only used pencil liners before but since if have oily eyelids and started using contacts, I decided to try gel liners. I didn't want to splurge on Bobbi Brown so I bought the inexpensive alternative and surprisingly love it. It lasts the whole day with no smudging and the application is easier than I thought. The brush it same with is decent but I'm currently using the elf brush with this. I would try the Bobbi Briwn when this pot runs out, but this is def a recommend for ladies who wants to try gel eyeliner - inexpensive but works pretty good!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jadea1288

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is for the Eggplant (purple) color.

I use this product with Milani eye primer (another cheap drugstore favorite). The lasting power is fantastic. I've exercised in hot weather, came back to splash water in my face and found that the eyeliner looked exactly as I had applied it in the morning. I have very oily lids and don't experience any transferring to my eyelids or lower lash line like I would with other pencil liners.

Now for the downsides, the application is a HUGE pain in the ass. I cannot speak to the black color, but the purple eye gel is clumpy and flaky. It takes me a long time to put it on because I'm constantly brushing it onto my hand to try to squash out any lumps that have formed. If I apply straight from pot to eyelid, I end up having little clump of eyeliner which I have to smoosh out--which makes for a very imprecise application. It also takes a while to build up the application--again not sure if that's improved with the black color.

It's back to the drawing board for another gel eyeliner, although I will continue to use this one until I run out or feel like spending the dough on a more expensive brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lalas17

I really like this gel eyeliner. The packaging is nice and small. It looks almost exactly like the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, and the quality is very nice for drugstore. The eyeliner is creamy and goes on easily and lasts all day. I'd definitely repurchase it, especially for the drugstore price!