Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

I absolutely love this eyeliner! It took me a while to get used to using the brush, as I'm used to the liquid nib eyeliners, but I find that now I've had some practice, it's quicker for me to get the look that I want, and I'm making less mistakes than with liquid eyeliner. No smudged blotches! The eyeliner doesn't last quite as long as I'd like it to (but I've yet to find a brand that does). A little goes a long way as well, so I expect it'll take ages before I have to buy myself another.
This is my favourite makeup buy of the year I think!

It's difficult because when I went on goodguide.com and ewg's skindeep database, this eyeliner was listed as one of the least harmful. Which was why I bought this.

At first, I loved it. I bought the one in black and I loved how the small brush could help me line my lashes very thinly. The product was also smooth and creamy and the brush was soft yet firm. I loved how dark and defining the color was even behind my glasses. It made my eyes pop and lively even when I wasn't, especially at work. The color didn't fade, which was what I had been looking for as I tried to branch off of using eyeshadow or eye pencils to line my eyes.

But, I notice that at the end of work, the color would transfer under my eyes. And, the brush it came with started warping, making it difficult to apply the liner thinly (I don't know if it's due to poor quality or if I'm cleaning my brush with too harsh of scrubbing).

On the bright side, I learned my favorite kind of eyelining brush. I just don't think I would buy this specific product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So far this is my favorite gel creme eyeliner. It's super creamy and smooth, making it easy to apply. Once it dries, it stays put, even though I have oily lids and it doesn't smudge during a workout. It's very pigmented and it isn't an "ashy" black, so it doesn't turn grayish after a few hours. It also helps conceal strip lashes well. I use an Inglot angled eyeliner brush to apply.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently got this and used it before a disco party. During application, I noticed it has a good pigmentation although a bit sheer if you aren't very good at eyeliner like me. So, I went to the party and danced, rubbed my eye once, sweated like crazy and my eyeliner was literally the way i put it on earlier. Keep in mind, i have asian lids and they get greasy really easily. So the staying power is great, Even removing it was a bit hard. I recommend using an oil based remover.

It was really over rated i found that i was sharpening it way too often and it was getting shorter and shorter each time and it only worked for half a month and the liner was already gone thats how short it got. Not a great product. The formula was nice

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I bought this (in black) I hadn't tried applying a gel liner with a brush before, and I was sure I'd make a mess off applying it. I didn't however. It glides on smoothly and the brush is decent (though it doesn't hold together as well after a while, making it harder to do fine lines - I'm unsure if this is my fault or not as I've maybe not looked after it that well). Overall, this product makes for a quick and easy applying of a truly, truly black eyeliner. That's actually the thing I loved the most about this eyeliner - how well pigmented it is. As for staying power, I think it's pretty good. If you do a winged eyeliner it may smudge after a full day, but I think people are being a bit too harsh regarding the staying power, because this isn't a waterproof product and you can't expect it to perform like one! What I think you can rightfully blame this product for is drying out a little too quickly. I got through maybe half, if that, when I noticed it was starting to feel a lot thicker, and the smooth glide that I experienced in the beginning wasn't quite there anymore. I'm on a fence regarding if I'd repurchase or not, but I checked yes because I think this is a great first gel liner to get into the groove with. And with a price like that, I'd say it's definitely worth the money.

I'm so dissaponted I've decided to buy this gel eyeliner because it really messed up with my oily lids and due to humidity in my country.. anyway it's kinda pricier here due to my country's currency..
It claims 24 hours staying power but it never works on me.. seriously. Only looks good 1-2 hours and then smudged all over my lids..
It was bad decision, I won't repurchase it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Easy to use and pretty creamy but it doesn't have good lasting power. Honestly, for the price that you can get it for (on sale and such) it's pretty good, especially if you're a beginner and you want to work on your gel liner skills but within a couple of hours this always fades.

If you're looking for something for oily lids, don't purchase this because it's going to be a waste of money.

Great gel liner, only the black isn't as opaque as it should be. Performance is perfect, easy to use....

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought one in the color Black. I've always been hesitant to buy the MAC one coz it's pricier. I gave this a try and I'm glad I did. I have the oiliest lids and eyeshadows and liners melt and glide on me after an hour especially in hot weather even if I use shadow primer. After so many primers and shadows that I tried before, the high-end ones usually doesn't work on me. Now I've found my HG in liner and primer. I use this liner after prepping my lids with Etude House Proof 10 eye primer. The combination of this two are hard to beat. It does not crease and smudge on my super oily skin and lids. I'm very much contented. It easily beat other pricey primer and liner combo.

Video Reviews & Tutorials