Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ Ī ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 3/30/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

okay - i'll start this off with I HATE GEL EYELINER USED FOR WINGS AND STUFF BECAUSE I THINK IT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS FOR THAT PURPOSE AND I HATE IT AND I'M ANGRY ABOUT IT.

now that that's over, i LOVE this to line my upper waterline. i have it in black and it's pigmented as hell and *stays there until i go to wash it off*!!!! which is amazing considering what i was using before would disappear in like five minutes. there's no transfer to my lower waterline, whatsoever. this is a really great formula for being so cheap!

on 3/12/2015 10:32:00 PM

I've been using this gel liner since 3 years ago. It's waterproof (as long as you do not rub it), easy to use, and give a clean result. If you want to have an experiment of eyeliner shape. this would be a great choice.

on 3/5/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best gel eyeliner I've tried! Totally affordable, really opaque and lasts all day for me!

Finally found an eyeliner that doesn't transfer on to my eyelids or onto my bottom lashline

on 3/4/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My HG of eyeliner! Finally I can have a cat eye without looking like my four year old attacked me with a sharpie. The brush (or what brush you use) is key I think. And this stuff lasts and doesn't migrate into the inner corner of my eye - which is a big thing that bothers me. Also doesn't migrate to lower lashes when I don't want it to.

on 3/3/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product based on the reviews from this website. I've never used a gel eyeliner before, I usually used to buy a Revlon Colorstay pencil.
I watched some videos on youtube how to apply gel eyeliner and ever since buying this product, I decided to never go back to the pencil.
This eyeliner lasts until you wash it. The deep black color stays in place and doesn't fade away like it usually does with pencils.
It is very easy to apply because it goes along with a great brush.

I am definitely going to buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I had it in a several colors but recently I tend to gravitate towards my liquid and pencils more. These are not bad for their price but it dries out quickly

on 2/23/2015 10:23:00 PM

Consistency is creamy, pigmentation is ok, staying power ok, price and packaging are fine. I stopped using it because it kept kinding it's way to my lower lashes (when I only wanted it as a fine line in my upper ones), and in the fine lines under my eyes, which made me look A LOT older. I have a half used package, and an almost new one, but I've since found my HG eyeliner, so won't ever use them again.

on 2/20/2015 12:00:00 PM

I tried to like this, but I really don't.

Pros:

It lasts fine, less smudgy than some other eyeliners

It's easy to apply, easier than a liquid liner

Cons:

Requires two coats to get solid, opaque black

Brush needs to be cleaned with makeup remover every 2-3 applications, even if you wipe it off in between

Product can get waxy and stiff

Packaging is kind of a pain, the lid doesn't screw on that smoothly, and I don't like wiping off the product on the edges. Feels messy.

Anyway, it's okay, and I'll probably finish about 1/2 of this before I huck it and get a regular liquid liner. But lots of people seem to like it, and it's not too expensive, so worth a shot I guess.

I think this would work better if you have dry eyelids (mine are greasy), aren't confident with a liquid liner, and don't mind the fiddly brush-dipping-cleaning process.

on 2/19/2015 12:52:00 PM

Iíve used all kinds of eyeliners and I have to say Maybellineís gel eyeliner is by far my favorite. If youíre no pro at applying eyeliner, this gel eyeliner will be the easiest for you to work with. This product comes with a brush and a pot of gel eyeliner. The two go hand in hand to help you achieve the desired look youíre going for. Between the brush and the consistency of the gel eyeliner, they offer you more options and more control than youíd find in a pencil or liquid eyeliner. You can choose whether you want a softer, smoked out look or a bolder, more defined look. You can apply as little or as much as you want and it still looks great without flaking or smudging.

This eyeliner works well for those who have oily eyelids. If you have a difficult time wearing certain types of eyeliner without it smudging or transferring to your upper eyelids, this eyeliner is for you. You wonít experience much smudging with this gel eyeliner. Regardless, Iíd still use an eyelid primer to help the gel eyeliner to stay all day. However, you can wear this gel eyeliner without primer and it lasts a good while before you experience any smudging. With how fast this eyeliner dries, it prevents smudging before youíve even had a chance to wear it. When applied, you only have to wait a few seconds before it sets and you can blink your eyes.

When it comes time for you to remove the eyeliner, youíll have no problem removing this gel eyeliner. For an eyeliner that stays put and wonít even fully come off when you rub your eyes, thatís pretty great! You can take a makeup remover cloth and gently rub your eyes and it will come right off!

The only drawback youíll have with this product is how often youíll have to wash the brush. If you donít wash the brush after about three uses, itís difficult for you to get a smooth, precise line. With that being said, youíll probably still gladly wash the eyeliner brush every three uses so you can use this amazing eyeliner.

Overall, this is a high quality product at a low price. It will definitely give you a lot of bang for your buck. I recommend this eyeliner for anyone whoís looking for an eyeliner thatís easy to use, offers a lot of options, and stays put.

on 2/9/2015 5:54:00 PM

I own this in blackest black and brown. I find that the black one is dryer than the brown. The brown is really smooth and creamy. I use the brown for my eyebrows and it has changed my eyebrow game drastically!! I have sparse brows so powder doesn't work very well and pencil always smears off no matter what (yuck). I have combo skin by the way.. Anyways this stays put on my brows and doesn't smudge all day!! The brown is fairly light for an eyeliner shade in my opinion. It would be good for a really "natural" day look.

It's very easy to apply and I suck at eyeliner and getting it even on both sides. The brush it comes with is actually pretty useful. I can get right against the lash line. And it stays put on the water line!! I love the classy packaging. You only need a little bit of this stuff each use, so it lasts a long time. And it does not smudge on my oily eyelids!! It really stays put. I suggest using coconut oil on a cotton pad to remove it before washing your face because it's hard to get it off otherwise.

I am really loving these and I highly recommend them! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials