Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 6/11/2015 7:51:00 AM

This eyeliner went on pretty easily but it also ran very easily, even with a primer and setting it with a powder afterwards. Not a huge fan. I really wanted to like it.

on 5/23/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the few liners that actually work for my incredibly oily eyelids. Even without primer, it lasts for around 7 hours before it either begins to smudge or fade but with either primer or a little bit of concealer and setting powder on my eyelids, it lasts for around 11-12 hours before even beginning to show signs of moving, which is rare for my eyelids. After 8 months of using this product, only recently has it begun to dry up. The brush is also very handy despite it not being something I use often, but it helps to create a sharp wing edge and is also very good for creating a nice, crisp wing. For me, it glides on and has a good opaque result but occasionally requires me to go over it. One issue that I have with this product is that here in the UK, maybelline have brought out a new '24 hour: smudge' formulation of this product in addition to the existing one and has now made it near impossible to find the existing formulation in Superdrug or Boots' stores and can only really be purchased online.

on 5/18/2015 12:07:00 AM

Love this gel liner, hasn't disappointed me at all! Helps me get that perfect winged eye every time, and I always get complimented when I use it. Very pigmented and the brush makes the application process very easy, as the brush is firm with short bristles. I never have any issues with this liner smudging either. I would repurchase this over any other brand any time.

on 5/14/2015 8:23:00 PM

I like this eyeliner. It's my first gel eyeliner, and I will probably never go back to pencils or liquids.

The brush is good, and it's nice that it comes included. I don't have any desire to replace it, and am satisfied with how it performs.

I have moderately hooded eyes, and this doesn't transfer. I may buy another one in the future in the interest of trying other kinds, but there really isn't anything I want to change about this one. The little jar is solid, the colour is a nice, rich black. No fading, transferring or smudging. At the end of the day, it still looks the same as it did when I put it on.

It dried out on me because it has lasted me forever and I am ignoring the expiration. I stirred it with a toothpick and it's been good as new since then. It will probably dry out long before I run out, so I'd say you definitely get enough product.

Will likely repurchase. Pretty satisfied with it, despite not having another gel eyeliner to compare it to.

on 5/6/2015 10:59:00 AM

This is hands-down my favorite high street gel eyeliner. I have both the black and brown shades and I love both of them so much. They don't smudge and are really easy to work with. The packaging is really sleek and it comes with an eyeliner brush, though I don't really use it. I love the formula of this gel eyeliner. It glides on easily and it doesn't get flakey after a full day of wearing it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This smudged on me - just sayin'
However, almost every eyeliner or mascara does smudge on me. I don't know if it's my deep-set eyes, the fact that when I smile or laugh, my eyes screw up (put it this way: I am told constantly by perfect strangers that I look like Sarah Jessica Parker - and my squinty eyes are part of this package.)
The packaging, brush - great. Application - great. I know how to put on eyeliner. But I had to return this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only eyeliner I have worn for the last 2 years, and it's the only eye liner I want to wear EVER. I have to use waterproof products in order to keep them in place on my oily skin, and this doesn't budge. I use this with an E.L.F. angled eyeliner brush and can easily draw on any

on 3/30/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

okay - i'll start this off with I HATE GEL EYELINER USED FOR WINGS AND STUFF BECAUSE I THINK IT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS FOR THAT PURPOSE AND I HATE IT AND I'M ANGRY ABOUT IT.

now that that's over, i LOVE this to line my upper waterline. i have it in black and it's pigmented as hell and *stays there until i go to wash it off*!!!! which is amazing considering what i was using before would disappear in like five minutes. there's no transfer to my lower waterline, whatsoever. this is a really great formula for being so cheap!

on 3/12/2015 10:32:00 PM

I've been using this gel liner since 3 years ago. It's waterproof (as long as you do not rub it), easy to use, and give a clean result. If you want to have an experiment of eyeliner shape. this would be a great choice.

on 3/5/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best gel eyeliner I've tried! Totally affordable, really opaque and lasts all day for me!

Finally found an eyeliner that doesn't transfer on to my eyelids or onto my bottom lashline

Video Reviews & Tutorials