July 22, 2014 | 1112 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have read a lot of reviews before I purchased this and I was amazed once I bought it why this is called Sheer Glow. The package insert says that with continued use this will improve the quality of the skin. The skin will become softer, brighter, and more luminous with continued use. It also gives immediate hydration. So this is why this foundation is called sheer glow because of the benefits it will give the skin which explains why some have broken out or just not worked for a persons skin type because it has skin care ingredients.

I love this foundation and I have Combo skin for the record. Mont Blanc is the perfect match for my skin. In Mac I'm an NW15-20 with very cool undertones. I like this because it does have more yellow then most foundations but it still has pink but that extra dash of yellow in this really neutralizes redness! I apply how the insert says with my fingers pressing it in. I then buff it out with a buffing brush I use RT's one. This is so pigmented and to me I would say you can build this up to about medium coverage or in my case I like it pretty sheer. It just evens everything out and makes my skin look airbrushed. I asked my boyfriend what he thought and he didn't even know I was wearing foundation. So this is very good in my book:)

Price is crazy considering you only get an ounce and no dang pump! I think we all do not like this so hopefully NARS will listen to us and make it standard. I give it this for only an ounce this base is Very pigmented and for my skin which, redness is my main complaint I only need a few drops. I think that is why they say to use your fingers because it warms up and it almost seems to make it more pigmented when I do this. This lasts all day and the fade is a good kind. The kind where my skin just looks nice and glow-y. The finish is very natural not to matte and not shimmery at all. Also this is water based so I like to use a non silicone primer I find it lasts even longer that way.

Fantastic foundation with a great selection, beautiful coverage, and lasts! For the cash it is worth the splurge because I have a few HE foundations to rotate and BB Creams so I won't go through it super fast but when I do run out I will repurchase. Hopefully it will have a pump by then. Hey a girl can dream;) Amazing stuff! Totally Recommended!

Edit: this contains turmeric which is known to help with acne. It is making my skin so soft and clear. If you break out from this it could be from the turmeric so something to keep in mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Simosar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have hormonal acne and also dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that gave me some coverage, but without being either a. too matte and dry OR b. too sheer and lacking coverage. After trying umpteen different foundations with different price tags, I finally settled on this one and I can't see myself ever changing! Although it's labelled as 'sheer' the coverage is buildable. It's worth every cent it costs. I use the 'fiji' tone.

Downside? Packaging is horrid. I cannot fathom why it's not sold in a pump bottle for this price. Instead you get crappy screw top bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

I expected more from this foundation, it is just ok in my book, it is sheer, very sheer, and not as luminous as one might thing, at least for me...the colors are all a bit too yellow...all in all, my face looks a bit flat using it..not great in my views.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Randybish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the color 'Macau'. It's my favorite winter foundation. It's not sheer coverage or glowing but it's semi-matte and has a great amount of coverage without making your skin look "fake". I hate the packaging. It doesn't come with a pump and that makes absolutely no sense to me for the price. I paid about $45 for 1 FL. I don't wear it often because it's expensive. I tend to save it for special occasions or if I feel like looking extra nice that day. It's a great foundation overall I just hate the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Coconoire84

This foundation alongside the illamasqua skin base is so lovely and radiant. The illamasqua gives a dewy healthy Fresh effect and the Nars gives me a semi matte glowy healthy finish. Both give me the ultimate polished look, both great coverage which is buildable. Neither emphasise my slightly enlarged pores around my nose. The Nars foundation is slightly thicker than the illamasqua but i can't feel either of them on my skin. Both as great as each other list giving a different finish depending on your desired look. Downside is that it didn't come with a pump so it gets VERY messy and drips into the inside of the lid which is so upsetting for OCD weirdos like me! Both foundations did not budge during long sweltering summer days outside.my skin remained as though I'd literally just applied my make up. No need to touch up or re powder! Will always keeps these two products as my favourites on my dresser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by missjorja28

I really love this foundation!

I swap between this in Mount Blanc, and Hourglass Illusion in Ivory for day time coverage. Today was my first day back on the NARS and once again, my love affair is reignited. It's smooth, good coverage and makes me look like I'm glowing. Super easy to apply (with my fingers so the pigments warm and intensify with the heat, then buffed in with a brush). In Australia this is about $20 cheaper than Hourglass. It might still be expensive for some, but I always tell myself that it's better to spend money on something that will sit on my face for a whole day (or night!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by 2labs

Great foundation. Doesn't make my skin break out, nor does it exacerbate dry patches. The colour "Mont Blanc" matches my skin tone perfectly too.

The first day that I wore this I was told "wow, you're looking good today!". Enough said. I will definitely keep buying this one. It may not be the cheapest but it is worth the price to me.

PS one letdown….it needs a pump as standard!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

Pros:
- I LOVE the yellow colouring of it. Every time my face is red/irritated with scarring (I have a bad habit of squeezing at white and black heads, eurgh) I use this foundation because it has enough coverage and yellowness to make my skin look flawless without any concealer. I didn't use a concealer for years so this was really good for those times.
- I have normal-oily skin; my skin gets oily after about 5-6 hours, then I have to retouch my foundation. With this, I'd say I get oily after 5 hours.
- Price is reasonable, I think.

Cons:
- No. Pump. I wish they included a pump and jacked the price. It is just hard for me to splurge the extra $$ on an optional pump, even though I have splurged $100 on a Giorgio Armani foundation and currently have 5 foundations on rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I really like this product! It looks natural and it covers up a lot! It's a little on the pricier side, but then again it is a high end product and you get what you pay for! I would defiantly repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know if I'm just horrifically picky or what, but it seems I can never find a foundation color match I love. I normally use Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in BR12, but while it matches my face it is just a touch too dark for my slightly lighter neck. Chanel doesn't make a lighter shade. So, I bought Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc since it was recommended as a similar shade. Mont Blanc is similar, but it's lighter than BR12. BR12 matches my face exactly, while the Mont Blanc matches my neck exactly. So I mixed the two; the two formulas mix easily and I have a perfect match now! The Nars foundation itself is great. I like the finish it gives and just apply it over my moisturizer. Definitely buy the pump; I can't imagine using the Nars foundation without it.

Other colors from Nars I like incase it helps someone (I'm about NW15-20): blush: Sex Appeal and Douceur; concealer: vanilla; eyeshadow: Ashes to Ashes, Alhambra, All About Eve, Bali, Coconut Grove and Abyssinia; Matte Multiple: Exumas; bronzer: Laguna