February 1, 2015 | 1108 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2015 5:00:00 AM More reviews by mimipoj2811

I have used this foundation on numerous clients using my fingers and it looks great. However on me it just doesn't work. I would describe my skin as slightly dehydrated with the occasional dry patch but it makes my skin look so dry :(. However on other people it looks flawless. I would definitely describe the coverage as Medium And gives more of a satin finish. The shade range is great as a lot of women with fairer skin tend to find that Mont Blanc is perfect. Deauville is the right shade for me as it has both yellow and pink undertones so is more neutral. I would definitely recommend this to those who have normal skin who want medium buildable coverage as it looks great on most people.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2015 4:21:00 AM More reviews by BI2015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible experience with both the sheer glow and sheer matte! I'm 30 and my skin has been always clear my entire life. I do NOT have a sensitive skin and have never had allergies or breakouts with any make up lines. I have a normal skin with no history of acne whatsoever before trying out this product. This foundation (both sheer glow and matte) gave me the worst acne which I'm still after 2 months trying to get rid of. This foundation clogs your pores in the worst possible way and before you know it your face is full of whiteheads and eventually cystic pimples. As soon as I stopped wearing this foundation, my skin started to calm down. I'm however left with scars! I'm extremely disgusted by NARS products and would never purchase anything else from them! Do yourself a favour and avoid NARS foundations!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 6:27:00 PM More reviews by hartmanmadison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing foundation. illuminates my face and theres a color for everyone's skin. This was extremely expensive, for a 1 oz. bottle it was $44. Stays on all day. No other foundation even comes close to Nars sheer glow, I absolutely love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 10:05:00 AM More reviews by laurahuyb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! The colour range is very good! I can't find my shade in drugstore foundations, but Nars has the perfect colour. The product is very good, it's very natural, yet covering enough. It doesn't look too matte and fake and it is very easy to apply. A minus is the packaging, which comes without a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 8:06:00 AM More reviews by tiaracymone

I have wasted so much money on foundations that I really gave up but I was in the mood to spend at sephora one day and picked this up. I am African American but on the fairer side and it is so hard to find variety not only in shades but undertones. I am very yellow think like a banana(literally) so it is really hard to find anything that has the right amount of yellow but still has deep enough color for my complexion. However this stuff is amazing I was matched to Tahoe and it's almost like a second skin which I use in conjunction with the concealer in caramel.the color is why I'm sold but otherwise I haven't been able to achieve the dewy look I like to have on my dry skin. It says sheer glow but this sets to matte on my skin.Perhaps I'm not applying correctly but otherwise I love this !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Popcandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite foundation for autumn and winter or any day that I need to look best! I guess I have found my HG! This gives medium coverage but allows your skin to show through at the same time. I apply this with my tarte foundation brush (the VERY fat one that looks like a mushroom haha) for even application. It has a slightly dewy finish which just looks beautiful. It has really nice staying power too as long as your skin is not super oily.
Pros:
Amazing finish - dewy but matte at the same time! Just can't describe how nice this is!
Not drying
Can stay for at least 8 hours depending on your skin type (mine stayed for 12!)
Cover blemishes very well
Don't need powder
Cons:
May cling onto dry patches if using certain type of brushes (flat top stippling brushes that has black bristles with white tips are horrible with this)
May look streaky with flat foundation brushes
Expensive
No pump

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I bought this to try out for the first time. I'm currently looking for a replacement for my HG Chanel Mat Lumiere that is now discontinued. I haven't found it yet but Sheer Glow is very close. I got this and forgot to buy the pump to use w/ it. I never made it back to the store for the pump because whatever, I really don't need it. It isn't a huge disadvantage for me and I don't rate this poorly for lack of a pump! First, I will say that I'm oily but I really hate the matte look. I've tried Chanel Vitalumiere which is a great foundation with medium coverage and that "glow" effect however it is too moisturizing for my skin type. I moved on to Boots Lift & Luminate foundation. This was a complete fail. No coverage and too oily. Next was L'Oreal True Match Lumi which was fantastic however it broke me out like no other! So here I am with Nars Sheer Glow. I avoided this for years because they say it is not good for oily skin. Well, it is just fine for me! I really like this foundation. It doesn't cling to any dry flakes from my currently oily & dehyrated skin. It looks so natural on with a slight hint of glow. It makes my skin look flawless. It isn't too moisturizing either. I love how my skin looks with this. However.......................
not a HG product. It applies streaky. I'm pretty savvy with applying foundation with various methods hands, brushes etc. I can't get this to sit even on my face. I use the same ol' primer (Dior Pore Minimizer) and it still seems streaky. I don't know, I'm going to have to work HARD to perfect this. I've only used this for a few days. Another problem is that I *think* this gives me breakouts. I now in my tender years have moderate adult acne prone skin so I have at least one jerkoff zit on my face at all times. My skin was pretty clear prior to using this and now I have a few breakouts on my cheeks. This won't stop me from using it because I do still like this foundation enough to keep it. I just can't use it as an every day foundation.

Shades: Good large selection of shades. I got the shade "Barcelona" which is comparable to Urban Decay 6.0, MAC NC40 and Shiseido O60.

Staying Power: Not good. Whomp Whomp. It will start to fade in about 5 hours.

Finish: You will look like an Angel

Oil Control: Very good actually. My skin didn't get all greasy at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

This is a beautiful liquid foundation. I am not an everyday foundation wearer, but when I do wear it, this is one of my favorites. The finish is gorgeous! Not super glowy, but a healthy fresh glow. The coverage is a perfect medium coverage. It is fairly long lasting, but will normally need at least one touch up with powder throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by fairplaytoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! Foundation is my necessity product, my skin has a lot of spot scarring so it's important to me that my foundation is good enough. I currently own around 5 different foundations: Bare Escentuals Liquid foundation, Maybelline's Fit Me, Mac Studio Fluid, Revlon Colourstay & Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. I bought this at John Lewis, it's usually £31 but due to the sales everything was 10% off so it came to the price of £27.90. I was matched to the shade 'Stromboli' - I am MAC NC40/Fit Me 210/ generally a beige colour and the finish looked seamless and natural although the lady applying it was a makeup expert so no surprise. The finish isnt dewy, it's more matte but this is perfect for oily or combination skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by xoxollt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my very favorite foundations. I find myself returning to it time and time again. I can wear a couple different shades. The coverage is just perfect. Light and natural. Looks like I am literally applying a new layer of skin. It glows without having any shimmer and is dewy but never greasy. I get compliments all the time that my skin looks flawless and airbrushed when in reality it is this foundation. It is lightweight and blends effortlessly. My only complaint is the packaging. I wish it had a pump top like the testers do. I somehow splash foundation everywhere. It is splattered all over my vanity when I simply put my finger on the opening and turn it over. Wonderful nonetheless.