NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Whilst this is a beautiful foundation, it is not for oily skin. I have combination skin, where my skin is oily around my nose and cheeks and dry all over my forehead. After just three hours it had melted off my oily parts (despite using a primer and setting spray) but my dry areas stayed flawless all day, so if you have dry skin you'll love this foundation. Also I wouldn't say it's sheer at all, I'd say medium. I found the best way to apply this is with a beauty blender using a dabbing motion with the flat bottom part of the sponge. Dispite it melting off my face I will continue to wear it for short journeys to the shops etc. since it gives such a beautiful satin finish!

Through YouTube I came across the "Nars Sheer Glow" foundation , that seems to be a cult product in the beauty world and one that I have always wanted to try out for myself. I do think that sheer glow is quite a "Marmite"-product: Either you love it or you hate it. I personally have grown to love it, but only under a few conditions.
The packaging: It is a dream, nice and weighty, a glass bottle and one that looks super chic on your desk. I know about the complaints about the fact that there is no pump, but I bought it for 2,50€ in France, which i think is still quite fair.
The price: With a price point at 41€ + 2,50€ for the pump, it is definitely quite up there in price and a luxury beauty product, although CHANEL or DIOR foundations are still way more expensive than this. I use foundation up quite slowly and I also don't use this one every day, so it does last me quite a while.
the shade-range: I use the Shade Mont Blanc (my last legs on fake tan shade or my spring/autumn shade), which is quite a nice match, but in my opinion it could be a tad more neutral in tone. As this foundation does oxidize quite a lot, I would go for half a shade lighter than you think you are :-) The shade selection is awesome and I'm sure heaps of people will find a match in this.
The wear: I think the finish of this foundation is quite a natural / satin finish, it is not too matte or too glowy,even though the name is sheer GLOW. The foundation has a medium to full coverage, depending on how much you layer it. the texture is quite gel like, not too thin or thick. It does not set by itself, you do need to use a powder with it and I personally recommend the Maybelline Fit me one or the Bourjois healthy balance. With a nice primer, like the Nivea men after shave balm, this foundation lasts beautifully on my skin, which is quite normal/dry. Sheer Glow can definitely emphasize your peach fuzz, which is one thing I don't like about it. It doesn't overly emphasize my dry skin though :-) My skin does need to be perfectly moisturized and prepped for this to work perfectly with this particular formular. And I think a setting spray does help to lock it in even better too!
So I overall really enjoy this foundation and I would say, that it is my favorite one out of all the ones I own, even though it is not perfect. Someone with too dry skin should stay clear from this and also someone with extremely oily skin. I've seen people with skin from dry to combo/oily wear this and really enjoying it :-)

I've been using this foundation for a few weeks and it makes my skin look glowing, healthy, and overall very soft! Price could be better of course.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to foundation and is perfect for my skin tone all year round. The coverage is medium to high depending on the amount which is applied. For my skin type which is normal to combination is perfect and can easily be blended in and looks natural. Also the finish is dewy which is what I love in a foundation. The only thing I hate about it is that you need to purchase the pump as well as the foundation as it does not come with it. Every time it runs out it is repurchased as is just that good :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Buying a separate AUD$10 pump to get my AUD$60+ foundation is not okay.
It may have been okay if the foundation is worth getting out.
I have normal skin - after this foundation I had oily skin.
I looked wet after putting this foundation on, I totally get the dewy look, love it - but with this foundation on my face was moist... there aren't many times in life when you want to feel moist and I assure you, when you put foundation on your face is definitely not one of those times.
The foundation just doesn't stay, with or without primer.

Pro's
-Excellent range of colours that do match well so can't give it 1 lippie.
-I apply this instead of a light concealer, under my eyes, line on my nose.. etc and let it set for a few minutes then sponge it with a damp sponge. Prefer this over thick concealer and it's the only use I found for this foundation.

The fact there is no pump on this bottle is so frustrating. The foundation is very liquid-y and it pours easily out of the bottle (and thus all over my hands).

Found this foundation to be really greasy, not great coverage, and didn't last very long.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst foundations I have tried! Have restarted my search for a better foundation again recently and this has been on my "to try" list. I got a couple colour samples from Sephora to try. First the application was horrible, did not spread evenly at all and I could tell if I needed to apply more or not. Also this did not have a "glow" to it of any sort and barely covered acne or acne scars. It also stuck to even the smallest dry spots. 4 hours into my day I could start to feel the separation on my face. Later at the mall went into MAC to look at lipsticks and what I say in the mirror looked horrible! Nose and surrounding area, the makeup was gone or on the way to gone...and I'm not sure where since I never touched my face or blotted. Completely uneven and the shine was discounting! If you are oily and it tends to show throughout the day, avoid this makeup!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love this foundation, does not look cakey even after apply two layers with my beauty blender. Is a little pricey but I will repurchase

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this item after reading numerous reviews and watching an abundance of make up tutorials. Every person that reviewed it seemed to love it - therefore I thought I would purchase it.

The foundation in itself is quite pricey, and in all honesty I personally do not think it is worth the money. I believe this for a number of reasons such as; the packaging, the formula and the overall 'wear and tear' of the foundation.

I chose the shade 'Mont Blanc' as (unfortunately) I am VERY pale. I expected the foundation to be yellow toned but it was rather orange, even though it was a very light shade. I usually have a few spots and pimples but at the time of purchase my skin was fairly clear, hence why I purchased a light coverage foundation. However, I found that even for 'light coverage' and to make my skin appear dewy and fresh, I needed many coats.

The foundation is very thin and can make skin appear dry and flakey if you suffer with combination/dry skin. Also the packaging is very very basic for a supposed 'up market' product. The bottle is small and you do not get much product.

Fortunately I can say that the lasting power was good, however this may be inaccurate as I used both the Urban Decay setting spray and the Rimmel lasting perfection powder.

Overall my experience with this product was not great and unfortunately I will not be repurchasing :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is probably one of the worst I tried which is a shame, because I really loved the shade (I used Siberia). From my experience, this is NOT suitable for oily skin types - it streaked on my face and was constantly sliding off. If I tried to fix it with powder, it looked even worse. It just made my face look like one big oily, cakey mess. I tried this with several primers and several powders (I just couldn't believe it could be so bad after reading so many good reviews). The results were always the same. I can't speak for normal to dry skin types, but if you are oily - don't waste your money.

Video Reviews & Tutorials