NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 2/18/2015 11:00:00 AM

Super disappointed in this foundation. When you are spending a lot on a foundation you expect quality, which I did not get from this product. I am a MAC NC15-20 and I use the shade GOBI which is a pretty good match. This foundation didn't leave my skin dewy at all, it accentuated my dry patches on my combination skin and on my oily forehead and nose area FORGET IT, it slid right off my face in a few hours. Not long wearing, not a good finish, definitely not "glowy", just any old crappy foundation with a brand name and big price tag. Skip this one!

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a really beautiful product. I swore off of foundation a few years ago, switching to tinted moisturizers and BB creams, but still get the occasional pang for the more complete coverage a foundation brings. I picked up a very graciously sized sample from my local NARS counter, since a full sized bottle doesn't run cheap and my very pale skin is finicky with shades.

Siberia is a perfect match for my fair skin (I wish their tinted moisturizer came this light). This is PALE ladies.

Even though my skin leans towards oily, I absolutely love the finish this gives. This is not sheer at all. It's a solid medium coverage with a demi-matte finish. My skin looks alive and fresh, not too flat, not greasy at all. I set with powder and get a nice matte finish that livens up as my natural oils seep through. Since I'm not a foundation girl anymore, I didn't have a primer laying around to wear underneath, so I wore this on it's own. I had a nasty cold and was blowing my nose constantly, and at the end of the day, the foundation had broken down a bit from the constant rubbing around my nose, but my skin still looked beautiful.

I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation with this product, which is exactly what I was looking for. I also just applied this with my fingers over well moisturized skin, and it applied very nicely.

on 2/15/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on a new foundation mission. I'd heard good things about Nars so I went in for a sample. I'm fairly fair and have pink undertones in my skin, so Mount Blanc was the way to go.

Initially it was hard to blend. I applied with my foundation brush and looked like Maiko. I blended it with my fingertips and the end result was pleasing. I applied some finishing powder and makeup and was good to go.

To my horror, on close inspection a few hours later, I discovered that foundation has settled in the pores of my nose and chin! Eeeeek!

So overall, its a nice foundation but the pores are a deal breaker. Also, the Mount Blanc was a tad light for me for summer, but the next colour up in the pink tone was exponentially darker. Therefore I felt the shade range was a bit limited.

Oh well onto the next one.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very good light weight coverage. Feels like nothing there but with good coverage. Very expensive for something packaged so horrible. The foundation is great but it clings to dry patches but by far my favorite foundation.

on 2/14/2015 4:58:00 PM

My first impression was oh my heavens I love this foundation! The store did not have my color(Deauville/perfect skin match) so sampled me instead and ordered the Foundation for me. Since then I have bought and returned 3 bottles because the shade of each one seems off or the texture is off. I really want to love this and replace my Chanel Vitalumiere(and save $20 bucks a bottle). The original sample hydrated my very dry parched winter skin and gave me a very light glow. I am in my forties so a Dewey complexion is my Holy Grail. All of my purchase have been in the last two months-- I almost wonder if they are having quality production issues? I will try this again in a few weeks. Hopefully, I will get a bottle like the first foundation match and thank goodness they gave me half of the bottle to sample because I am still using it and hoarding every last drop. So initially, a solid 4.5 --but because the last few bottles don't match the initial -- I need to drop this to 2.5

on 2/14/2015 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is really good ! I was hesitant about trying it because I have very oily skin on my forehead and nose and I read everywhere that it is suitable for normal to dry skin types. I have to say, this looks amazing even with oily skin !
I use it with mattifying primer and a setting powder and it lasts the whole day without sliding off my face or looking greasy.
You need to be careful about applying the *right* amount otherwise it can look cakey (it is called "sheer" but the coverage is actually very good). Little goes a long way.
I have small dry patches around my nose and without moisturizing it accentutes these dry patches terribly.
What I personally love about this foundation are two things : first, it does not oxidize on my oily skin !!! I had this issue with Diorskin Forever foundation, it turned orange on me after few hours. The second thing is, the shades are amazing. I usually can't find the right shade for me since I am really pale but Siberia is a perfect match !

To sum up :

Pros :
- works well with oily skin ( again, I use it with mattifying primer and setting powder)
- lasts whole day, without fading or sliding off
- does not oxidize
- amazing shade range, Siberia is perfect for pale faces like mine :)
- didn't break me out

Cons :
- packacking doesn't have a pump
- quite pricey
- accentuates dry areas on skin if you dont moisturise first

on 2/14/2015 8:12:00 AM

This product has extremely high coverage which is good however it looks unnatural, also the cost of this is high. I wont be buying this product again.

on 2/12/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like this foundation quite a lot. The finish is very natural and luminous, which is beautiful. The coverage is not sheer at all, it is more of a medium to buildable coverage. The texture is in the middle of runny and thick and it is smooth and comfortable on the skin. It doesn't emphasize my dry patches too badly, but I wouldn't say it's hydrating like their tinted moisturizer. Now, my skin is virtually flawless, but dry, and I'm young so pretty much any foundation is going to look good on me and last all day so I wouldn't know how to judge it too technically. But I do think that it would be suitable for most skin types. The one place where I was disappointed was that it is not sheer at all like the title describes. I like more sheer coverage foundations because too much coverage can make my skin look plastic (because there isn't much to cover). But that's just my problem, I'm sure other people love that fact. The reason I said I wouldn't repurchase is because I think there are better foundations that are marketed for "glowing" purposes. But I definitely would recommend it because I do think it's really nice.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Where's the pump?

I have tried multiple samples...it just doesn't seem worth the money. The shade range is impressive, but I can't get it to last. I was told to blend this with my fingers, but I've also tried a brush and a beauty blender. It looks great, but it doesn't last.

Sigh. My Cover Girl 3in1 lasts all day and into the evening. Plus, I've heard that Maybelline and Loreal have a dupe for this. Nars, I tried.

This foundation is ok, It really isn't worth the hype and the only reason I bough it is because of Nars' intensive shade range. You will definitely find a match with this many shade available. It should come with a pump I didnt like buying a seperate pump for it. On the skin it tends to just sit there, not mold or mesh with the skin and look luminous and reflect light as foundation should. It looked quite dry and flat to be honest. Both formulas are ok for oily skin you don't just need to buy the Sheer Matte if your oily. Added SPF would be nice. Gorgeous packaging though.

Video Reviews & Tutorials