November 24, 2014 | 1366 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by cameo98

I bought Nars Sheer Glow in the color Gobi and it is awesome! Excepttt that this product isn't meant for full coverage, meaning if you are looking to cover up uneven skin tone, try something else. If you have an even skin tone and just want to polish using this, go ahead!

The product is very thin, hard to blend for coverage. Concealer is needed when using this product.

It's otherwise great!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't understand the hype of this - have used chanel, dior, stila, coverfx...pretty everything on the block.

It's cakey for combination skin, and really hard to spread even with a shiseido foundation brush.

Coverage is heavy and you could see the foundation sink into your pores if without a primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by EmilyJS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I'm very fair and bought the shade 'Siberia'. Siberia is yellow toned, but blends very well into my neutral/leaning pink skin tone.

it's very liquid-y or runny in texture, but very smooth. It kind of runs out of the bottle when pouring it out, but doesn't run when applying to the face with fingers and is very easy to work with. Also it's very easy to blend down the neck without being streaky or leaving lines or edges.

Despite it's thin soft liquid texture, the coverage is pretty good. Applied thinly it's probably a bit below medium coverage, but is easily build-able up to full-medium or a bit beyond. For reference, I have acne scars which I feel are adequately covered, but red pimples/acne may warrant concealer, as will very dark eye circles.

What I really want to be noted about this foundation is that it really is glowy! When wearing it my skin just exudes health - it just seems to radiate out of you. I've never experienced this healthy glow from any other foundation. I've tried many foundations from all different price ranges and this is one of the very very few more expensive foundations that truly is worth paying more for. This foundation honestly does give you that celebrity glow but at the same time looks extremely natural. Amazing product!

**EDIT**
Ok, I can't wear this in summer... Yeah. It was great when the weather was cooler and my skin stayed drier, but in summer if you get any oil on your face or if you sweat at all it turns so revolting. Also, don't dare wear sunscreen underneath it. I've tried many sunscreens and primers with it and it makes it worse if anything. Texture wise, it just sits on top of my skin and if I touched my face, it would just wipe off the foundation like it's just sitting there... I almost feel like I could draw pictures in it with my nails by the end of the day, it just never sets. If you try to blot the oil away with tissues or oil blotting sheets, it just takes the foundation clean off. It also isn't the most accepting of powder. It seems to pool up in pores, so it's all sitting INSIDE the pores like little pools leaving almost nothing on the rest of my face. The same thing happened on multiple different days before I accepted it. I've left the rating at 3, where I previously rated it 5, because it is so lovely if you wear it by itself in winter (gorgeous), but in summer it's completely unwearable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MES

I am very particular about foundation, I like liquid foundations with light to medium coverage and a natural or dewy finish. I can't due matte foundation at all because my skin is dry, and while I love dewy finish some brands go a little crazy and get into the shimmer and glimmer territory. This looks great on and doesn't look caked on of heavy, ymmv but for me it's the perfect level of coverage and finish. Not too heavy, not to light. Not to matte, not too glimmery. Sheer Glow is just right.

Call me crazy, but this made me realize I actually like foundation without a pump. Yes I know it's not the most sanitary method, but I find it easier to get the amount of product I need. Pumps tend to dispense to much. When I first started wearing foundation I used pumpless foundation. I've never been one to pour product into my palm, instead I just dab some on my finger and apply it to my face and blend. If the bottle is full I just shake and dab from the top, if its getting low I invert the bottle with my finger over the opening and voila, dab, dab, dab.

Price wise, slightly more than other mid end brands, but not as much as luxury brands.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I've tried this many years ago (Ceylan) and didn't like it but decided to try it again because everyone loves it lately and thought they changed the formula. I still don't like because there's no way I could make it stay on longer than 1-2 hours on my combination skin no matter what primer I use. I bought it in Deauville and returned it AND there's no pump...a big NO NO. I do love the glow I get...before it turns into oily mess :))

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by nelehhx

I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I don't know why people complain about the coverage like what are you trying to hide you lil sneaks. If you have serious imperfections to cover, you need serious foundation. Leave sheer glow alone! I have pale skin (mont blanc is a good match) and my main problem is redness. I have some zits and stuff but hyperpigmentation and general redness are what I'm trying to cover up mostly. I put this stuff on and my face is perfect. My main test for foundation is direct sunlight (seriously you gals wearing studio fix fluid go out into direct sunlight and see how weird that stuff looks outside) and it totally doesn't look ridiculous at all, it's so great. It is the perfect 'skin, but better' look, for me.

THE ONLY ISSUE IS... I have pretty oily skin. This stuff isn't designed to work for me - but I love it, so like a crappy boyfriend, I make it change to suit me better. I have tried every damn setting powder under the sun and none work for more than a few hours. On me, this foundation gets shiny after about two hours, and at the end of the work day (8 or so hours) it's literally moving around on my face (like I'll wipe my cheek and there will be a streak and it's horrifying). THIS WAS BEFORE I DISCOVERED CORNSTARCH. I use that sparingly after I apply sheer glow and now all is well in my life. It lasts all day. I might need to put some more on if i'm sweating or particularly oily, but usually it's pretty solid.

Overall, this foundation is absolutely beautiful and I would encourage everyone to try it. I pair it with NARS creamy concealer (for eyes and any particularly bad spots) and holy hell I look FABULOUS. I am a bit concerned about how it will fair in the Australian heat once summer sets in but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. It is my HG currently, regardless.

13 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by HR20

This is a great foundation! I no longer use it because I developed a oily T-zone (not because of this foundation) so I needed something more matte, but this was my favorite foundation before that happened.

Price: At $44, it's very pricey, but a little goes a long way. I used it every day and it lasted me 9 months.

Packaging: There is no pump. However the bottle opening is pretty narrow so it's easy to control how much foundation comes out. I never felt as though I was wasting any product.

Coverage: Excellent coverage! I have a bunch of acne scars and this foundation covered them all up. I also use Mac concealer under my eyes and this foundation blended well with it. A lot of the reviewers said you have to use your fingers to get the "healthy glow" look from this foundation, but I found that untrue. Using my fingers did not provide enough coverage, so I needed to use a stippler brush. The foundation still went on flawlessly even though I didn't use my fingers.

Overall Look: This is where I took off a point. This foundation did not look heavy on my skin (like Mac foundations), but at the same time it did not look completely natural either. It was obvious I was wearing makeup when I wore this foundation (but if you don't need heavy coverage and just put a little of it on with your fingers, I don't think you'll have this same problem).

Once I developed a oily T-zone, this foundation looked too oily on my skin after about 5 hours so I had to stop using it. Also, because this is not a matte foundation, you need to be careful that your blush is not too shimmery, or else your face may have too much of a glow to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by emilyhipkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

If you find this review helpful please check out my blog emilyhipkiss.blogspot.co.uk

I've been using this foundation for around two months now and it's definitely the best foundation to use if you need a lot of coverage. Despite the heavy coverage this foundation provides, it doesn't feel heavy on my skin and leaves me with a smooth, dewy and healthy glow.
I bought this foundation for my prom and it lasted all day, even in the heat that day. I didn't even need to reapply it later in the evening for the after party, so it lasted all through the day and the evening. This is probably what I like best about this foundation as it's hard to find something that looks as though you've just applied it several hours later. (Since then I've also started using the NARS light reflecting setting powder to keep it on all day, but on the day of prom I used a high street setting powder and the foundation still lasted).
Since I have quite a few freckles on my face, I rarely find foundation that compliments my skin so I decided it was time to actually get matched. Sheer Glow in Siberia is perfect for my skin tone as it's a very pale colour with a neutral balance of yellow and pink undertones that definitely compliment my skin tone.
This foundation is a little on the expensive side at £31 for 30ml, but using the smallest amount provides fantastic coverage. Only one pump makes my skin look flawless. If high street brands just aren't doing it for you, then this is definitely a great alternative.
My only real criticism of this is that, as somebody who already has trouble with dry skin, it does tend to make my skin feel a little dehydrated after I wear it for so long. To avoid this, I always remove my makeup thoroughly using Simple's Moisturising Facial Wash and lukewarm water as soon as I'm home. I also use Simple's hydrating light moisturiser before and after using this foundation. Partly due to the price and partly due to its tendency to dry out my skin, I only use this foundation on important days or days when my skin plays up and I need high quality coverage. For more casual days or most days I have clear skin, I use Rimmel's Match Perfect foundation in Light Porcelain, which makes my skin look & feel good, but you don't get the same coverage or lasting stay.
Something annoying about this foundation is that when you buy it, it doesn't come with a pump so you need to pour it onto the back of your hand before applying. This means some of the foundation goes to waste if you accidentally pour out too much and it's easier for bacteria to get into the foundation. I bought the pump for £3, which isn't expensive but it is inconvenient and for the price of the foundation, you'd think a pump would be included.
Still, this is a high quality product and I would certainly recommend it for it's coverage, how long it lasts and for the healthy glow it gives you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lovely foundation that has become one of my staples. I use Nars TM in St. Moritz and UD Naked in 5.0 and Stromboli was a good match for me. It has a nice fluid texture that's neither too runny or too thick. I usually pour (as the foundation pump was out of stock) on the back of my hand then use a beauty blender to stipple and blend onto my face. As I'm not a fan of the dewy look since I live in the tropics I usually dust loose powder on my t-zone and the end result is like your skin but better. On my normal to dry skin I found the foundation to be very comfortable to the skin.

This foundation to me is more of a medium coverage with decent wear, and I did not notice much oxidation.

The packaging looks great with the minimalist design, and while pricey I find the foundation to be of quality and worth it. What's ridiculous though, is that you have to buy the pump separately. And the pump was out of stock for the longest time! Come on Nars, you can do better than this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by greenteamacaron

This is the first foundation I own. I sticked to bb creams for a long time but since they have spf I was looking for something for flash photography and I met this product. First of all, the packaging is very average, which I don't really mind except the fact that it doesn't come with a pump and it costs like $60 in my country. It is a glass bottle so you must treat it carefully. The coverage l would say is medium but buildable to full, it can cover little blemishes and small hyperpigmentation spots. When you first apply it, it doesn't look glowy at all, the glow comes after a few hours, it's not oily though, it's a gorgeous glow that makes your face look healthy. I couldn't find my perfect match though. Barcelona and stromboli were too dark, santa fe was too pink and punjab (the one that I own) is a tad darker and a tad pinkier. I want to try fiji, but I'm afraid it'd be too light. If you have any suggestions, I'm in MAC SC nc25-30 and in BB I am natural 4.