NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really like this Foundation! It gives a (surprisingly) a lot of coverage for my acne prone skin! I like that it feels comfortable and light on. The shade selection is awesome, I have extremely pale skin and I have a hard time finding a perfect match. The packaging is luxurious and looks beautiful. I wish it would have a pump!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation offers the glow I was looking for (I`m 54) without the shine. I do need to refresh my oily skin with a powder mid-day since this doesn`t counteract the oily skin I was born with. It is pricey but there`s a lot of product in that bottle. I don`t mind the fact that there is no applicator, it just means I can get to the bottom of the bottle without worrying that I'm wasting some of it with an applicator that won`t scoop up the last few expensive droplets!
I use my fingers but a sponge is probably better if you want to camouflage larger pores.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm.an nc42. Firstly I.couldn't get a.decent match without mixing 2 shades. the closest Syracuse was too beige/cool.
And.even on my normal skin I found it didn't sit on my skin well or.blend properly. it wasn't very glow either. Waste of money.

this foundation gives me amazing coverage and makes my skin look absoultly flawless i know if im having a bad skin day this product will make it into a good one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm obsessed with this foundation. Its very light and I always forget I have it on, especially those days where I have little makeup on. It goes on so great, I always use a beauty blender when applying and I feel thats the best way to apply this. I got color matched at Sephora, and this wasn't one of the ones that popped up for my color but the sales associate pulled this one and we tried it. When I looked at it, the color looked way too light, but she applied it and it was a perfect match. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this!

I really wanted to love this foundation but it just didn't suit my combination skin. I thought that since my skin is dehydrated at the moment it might actually work but definitely not. I'm a nc20/25, the SA tried to convince me I was pink undertoned, not in 25 years of wearing makeup have I ever been told that!! Anyway I settled on deauville which is neutral but it was too pale, it looked quite ghostly. I needed something warmer. I applied it with a beauty blender (primer underneath) and it just looked greasy from the start which got worse over the course of the day. It settled into fine lines, accentuated every pore and separated on my oily areas. Would not recommend for combination or oily skins.

It's very pricey at €41 and doesn't come with a pump (had to purchase one in addition to the foundation for €4). Thankfully I was able to return it so didn't waste my money.

Whilst this is a beautiful foundation, it is not for oily skin. I have combination skin, where my skin is oily around my nose and cheeks and dry all over my forehead. After just three hours it had melted off my oily parts (despite using a primer and setting spray) but my dry areas stayed flawless all day, so if you have dry skin you'll love this foundation. Also I wouldn't say it's sheer at all, I'd say medium. I found the best way to apply this is with a beauty blender using a dabbing motion with the flat bottom part of the sponge. Dispite it melting off my face I will continue to wear it for short journeys to the shops etc. since it gives such a beautiful satin finish!

Through YouTube I came across the "Nars Sheer Glow" foundation , that seems to be a cult product in the beauty world and one that I have always wanted to try out for myself. I do think that sheer glow is quite a "Marmite"-product: Either you love it or you hate it. I personally have grown to love it, but only under a few conditions.
The packaging: It is a dream, nice and weighty, a glass bottle and one that looks super chic on your desk. I know about the complaints about the fact that there is no pump, but I bought it for 2,50€ in France, which i think is still quite fair.
The price: With a price point at 41€ + 2,50€ for the pump, it is definitely quite up there in price and a luxury beauty product, although CHANEL or DIOR foundations are still way more expensive than this. I use foundation up quite slowly and I also don't use this one every day, so it does last me quite a while.
the shade-range: I use the Shade Mont Blanc (my last legs on fake tan shade or my spring/autumn shade), which is quite a nice match, but in my opinion it could be a tad more neutral in tone. As this foundation does oxidize quite a lot, I would go for half a shade lighter than you think you are :-) The shade selection is awesome and I'm sure heaps of people will find a match in this.
The wear: I think the finish of this foundation is quite a natural / satin finish, it is not too matte or too glowy,even though the name is sheer GLOW. The foundation has a medium to full coverage, depending on how much you layer it. the texture is quite gel like, not too thin or thick. It does not set by itself, you do need to use a powder with it and I personally recommend the Maybelline Fit me one or the Bourjois healthy balance. With a nice primer, like the Nivea men after shave balm, this foundation lasts beautifully on my skin, which is quite normal/dry. Sheer Glow can definitely emphasize your peach fuzz, which is one thing I don't like about it. It doesn't overly emphasize my dry skin though :-) My skin does need to be perfectly moisturized and prepped for this to work perfectly with this particular formular. And I think a setting spray does help to lock it in even better too!
So I overall really enjoy this foundation and I would say, that it is my favorite one out of all the ones I own, even though it is not perfect. Someone with too dry skin should stay clear from this and also someone with extremely oily skin. I've seen people with skin from dry to combo/oily wear this and really enjoying it :-)

I've been using this foundation for a few weeks and it makes my skin look glowing, healthy, and overall very soft! Price could be better of course.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to foundation and is perfect for my skin tone all year round. The coverage is medium to high depending on the amount which is applied. For my skin type which is normal to combination is perfect and can easily be blended in and looks natural. Also the finish is dewy which is what I love in a foundation. The only thing I hate about it is that you need to purchase the pump as well as the foundation as it does not come with it. Every time it runs out it is repurchased as is just that good :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials