July 31, 2014 | 1103 users online

BB Cream - Etude - BB Magic Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by buuuuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first BB Creams I bought while studying abroad in Seoul. I have the "Clean" version for oily skin. This BB Cream has great (but natural) coverage and has much better oil control than my Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer. My only (very minor) complaint is that it doesn't have an SPF, but this isn't a big deal for me since I wear it with an SPF moisturizer underneath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by thupham2

A light-weight moisturising formula that didn't make me feel like I was suffocating under a mask. It had a very slight dewiness without being oily which was great coz it demonstrated a good transseasonal quality - it didn't emphasize my dry patches during winter months, and yet was light & (just) dewy enough for a natural, non-cakey summer look. This is definitely one of the more user-friendly BB creams I've owned.
On the down side, it has poor durability: for me it was like 2 to 2.5 hrs before skin's redness shows through and the cream starts slipping off your face (too moisture-laden for its own good, perhaps?)
But to compensate it was good value for money (~$US10).

I admit, the cream is quite cool-toned, so it may not look as natural on Asians with yellow undertones. But on the plus side, the shade is darker than your typical ghost-white BB cream so it does help the cool-tones appear less noticeable. Plus, if you use a pea sized amount (as you're meant to), it won't stand out as much and would just provide a brightening effect without being too obviously white.

I would buy again coz it is gentle, quick and easy to use. But I dislike how it is VERY short lasting. It is not the most realistic option if I need to go out for >4hrs. It's something I would only ever use for a quick trip to the grocers, bank, visiting relatives etc...The cool tone does put me off somewhat, but accounting the cost & amount, it is a compromise I guess...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by walver

I was unsure about this BB cream's performance since Etude house has their more famous BB cream called Precious Mineral. Until one day there's BIG sale at Etude House, I decided to buy this BB cream for RM20 only. I got the refreshing one for oily skin. And... Now I've been loving and using this BB cream ever since!! It matches my skin very well (I'm MAC NC20-25), it has very natural coverage (sheer to medium for me), easy to blend just like butter, and has great oil control. i can say I'm loving this more than Etude Precious Mineral BB cream.
The downside of this maybe because it doesn't have SPF, but I don't mind since I always use separate SPF, and I believe SPF contains in BB creams isn't too effective.
Now I have 4 more tubes for backup, as the SA told me that this BB cream will be discontinued :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by estherml

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! For me, it's the best BB cream I've tried so far. I've also tried Skin79 Gold Label, BRTC Jasmine Water and Missha M Perfect Cover no 21 and this is the only one that didn't make my skin flakey. Unfortunately, it's a tad too dark for me (I'm a NW15) but it makes my skin look beautiful, glowy (not oily) and it has provides great cover! I'm a fan!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. Kind of light on my skin but it's not too noticeable or bad looking.
Covers everything nicely, doesn't irritate my skin (unlike MAC's foundations or tinted moisturizers) and it's not that expensive. I wish it did not come in a pump up tube though because from experience it NEVER gets the product to the last drop.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by opheliamagdalene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this BB cream, but it doesn't have SPF, which is part of the reason I wear them, and partly because it was WAY too dark. It had a nice consistency, though the smell was a bit overpowering. I'll keep searching for my perfect bb cream!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Bexi81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

NOTE: I use the BB Magic Cream SPF30/PA++ version of the product (the blue tube).

I *love* this product! I was drawn to the BB cream because of acne pigmentation marks, and wanted to find something that would help to fade them, without breaking me out (*coughcoughSuperfadecoughcough*). It's been over a month since my tube arrived in from eBay (less than $20), and I haven't stopped using it.
Since I started using the BB Cream, I've only broken out twice: once on the second day I used the cream (because I overpumped and applied too much product - but even then, it was only one little whitehead) and once because of monthly hormones. Both times, the breakouts been smaller and healed faster because of the BB Cream.
The cream has also completely faded the red pigmentation marks left from previous breakouts!!
There are a few 'cons' to the BB Cream: it is tinted, but not enough to act as a true tinted moisturiser - it just gives medium coverage to even out the skin tone and cover up minor blemishes, but darker blemishes will still show up. For me, I find that it just gives me a more natural 'no make up look'. If you want more coverage, I would recommend adding powder or foundation over the top once the cream has settled in.
The other 'con' is that this isn't a very thick/rich moisturiser - I find that while I don't have particularly dry skin, there are areas on my face that feel a little less than soft and dewey than other areas. If you have dryer skin, I'd recommend going for the BB Magic Cream Moist (the purple tube).
But apart from those two, minor cons, I highly recommend this product - I can't get enough of it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mychann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good BB cream (I got the SPF30 ver./blue box), it's medium-light coverage, so I would finish with powder or another layer. Matches my skin tone really nicely, glides on nicely. Serves its purpose by giving the face a pretty & smooth look and glow. The tube is a little annoying, because after half or so is used, the air in the tube will prevent the cream from coming out, so you have to hold it upright then squeeze the air out, etc. Eh. I think I would recommend this for drier/colder climates, because the face may get oily with this or smear in hot weather. But it's a good inexpensive cream. Enjoy BB Magic Cream! ^ ^

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product! It matches my skin tone very well. It's easy to apply and hides my little blemishes and evens out the skin.I just wish that it lasted longer on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by chuchikazawa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

skin: dry to combination, a little morena
country: tropical

+ easy to apply; not too thick
+ dewy finish
+ fragance: nice and mild, it goes away after application
+ oil control: not the best but it's okay
+ application: wash face, apply bb cream on face & neck, and that's it
+ coverage: very good; remember not to apply too much
+ one tube can last for months
+ remove it before sleeping

over all, it's a good bb cream.