E.L.F. Complexion Perfection

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Boron Nitride. MAY CONTAIN: Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), D&C Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), FD&C Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), FD&C Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 9/16/2012 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use the yellow & pink to set my concealer under the eyes. Totally neutralizes my dark circles and adds extra coverage to my concealer routine. I use the green to neutralize my hyperpigmentation around my cheeks and nose area. I find that it works better to spot treat vs. using all the colors and applying it all over my face. The powder is very chalky, and can make my face look white and cakey. It can also settle into fine lines and accentuates them really easily. So I use a different powder (Cargo BluRay) to set my under eye concealer, then put the yellow & pink color of the ELF powder on top of it. This method conceals my dark circles to almost 100%. I don't really use the blue shade, but sometimes I use all the colors to do a light dust on the middle of my forehead and down the nose. For the price, this stuff is not bad. I would probably re-purchase because it only costs $3 and it does its job when applied right.

Works wonderful to set under eye concealer. I've tried lots of other powders and this is perfect and works the best! Concealer no longer settles into fine lines and it looks fresh all day.

on 8/9/2012 3:32:00 PM

This powder does close to nothing for me. It is supposed to "perfect" the complexion and counteract unwanted colors on the face but I feel like it is just as good as a translucent powder.

I do use it for setting concealer or on days when I don't need full coverage. It is finely milled and soft and will not cake up the face. Great price ($3) but not that useful. Wouldn't recommend unless you're looking for a setting powder with no tint.

on 7/16/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I figured I could use this as a finishing powderÖor individually by color. I have reddish scars and general redness from acne so the green color appealed to me. However itís not enough coverage to neutralize out the colors so that was a bust.

However I did find a good use for this as an under eye concealer! Itís the yellow one that Iíve found the most use out of. Well, not as a true under eye concealer but as a supplement :D

I double up my foundation as concealer for under my eyes then, using my ring finger, I get a bit of the yellow powder and pat it under my eye as a setting powder for that area. The very faint tint of yellow cancels out the dark colors of my bags nicely. Iím still in my early 20ís so I donít really have any fine lines for the powder to settle into. For $3 itís not a flop of a product as long as you can find some sort of use for it like I did :>

on 7/5/2012 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in Cool, and all i have to say is....WOW!! I recently started using sunblock on my face (Neutrogena Sensitive) and it leaves a white cast on my face which flushes out the redness in my face and makes my skin look amazing. I have thrown out my foundation and now use the sun block as my foundation as it works better than any foundation i have used in the last 18yrs (wow is sound old) after i use the sunblock i top it off with this powder and i look flawless. :-) please NEVER stop making this.

on 6/22/2012 5:37:00 PM

I hate this. Too sheer, can't use, don't buy.

on 5/31/2012 3:49:00 AM

I love this ! this product really helped me out because I have dark circles and once I use the yellow it helps to brighten up the dark circles

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

ELF's Tone Correcting Powder, formerly known as Complexion Perfection (which I still call it), is a pressed powder that comes with 4 color correcting shades. This corrective powder is available in both warm and cool versions. ELF promises that this powder will "create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy". The "lightweight formula evens out skin tone and absorbs excess oil while the sheer formula brightens, mattes, and neutralizes the skin". Like all ELF products, this powder is cruelty free, vegan, and made in China. This powder sells for $3 for 13.5g of product, a sweet deal in my opinion. ELF is available online, or IRL at Target, Kmart, Big Lots, and occasionally Walmart and dollar stores.
ELF's Tone Correcting Powder comes in a black box with a picture of the product on the front. The back lists ELF's claims for this product, directions, and a full ingredient list. The packaging for the product it's self is a black, hard plastic compact somewhat reminiscent of Nar's packaging, but not rubberized. It feels pretty sturdy but looks kinda plain, but I'll take function over looks in most cases. One thing I don't like is how smudgy and finger print-y this compact gets. Unattractive, though I suppose its partially my fault as well. Opening up the compact obviously reveals the product, as well as a very nice sized mirror. The mirror gets pretty messy from the residual powder, but that's to be expected, and is super easy to solve. Really there isn't much more to say about this product's packaging. It's basic and functional and not an eyesore, so it's good enough for me.
The product looks kinda pretty in the pan. Four pastel colors, blue, pink, green, and yellow, each in a square. This is a very soft pressed powder with a silky, ever so slightly powdery finish. It's quite fragile, and breaks easily once you hit pan. So what are the four colors for and what do you do with them? The blue neutralizes orange spots, green neutralizes redness, yellow counteracts blues and brightens, as does the pink, which ELF also says counteracts greyness. How do you utilize all the effects of this powder? The first, more useful option is to swirl them all together, and brush all over the face to set your foundation and/or concealer with. As a setting powder, this works pretty fantastically. It really gives me a finished, perfected look, with little to no powderiness. Some people with darker skin say that Complexion Perfection gives them a white cast, that's probably why they came out with a darker, warm toned version.
Another use would be using the individual shades to color correct where needed, such as using the green on your little red nose. It doesn't work super well to be honest, but it can't hurt to try and see if it will work for you. I must also mention that I really advise against using this powder on it's own. It will make you look pretty powdery, which is weird because that's the opposite effect it has when applied over foundation.
I don't really have any wear time issues with ELF's complexion perfection and never touch it up during the day. On the subject of touching up, be aware that this product doesn't come with a puff or applicator, and should probably not be used with one. Do remember to bring a brush with you if you plan on touching up during the day, even though that seems super inconvenient to me.
A downfall of ELF's Complexion Perfection is how quickly you hit pan. It's a matter of weeks before you start seeing little bits of the pan peeking through. I'm half way through my third pan. I've been using this product intermittently for the last year and a half. Do you go through pressed powder that fast? Especially when you don't use it every day. I've had my Avon Personal Match Pressed Powder for about 3 years now and I still have a good bit left, and I feel like I use more of it than I use this one. I feel like I use just a bit of Complexion Perfection each time I use it, which is what makes this doubly strange. Maybe it's just me.
I think it's safe to assume that if I'm on my third pan of ELF's Tone Correcting Powder, that I really like it. A lot. I love the finish I get from this powder. I wish it was still called Complexion Complexion, because that's what I feel like that's the kind of effect it gives. The packaging is pretty good, it's plain and functional, and I really like the size and clarity of the mirror that comes in it. For $3 I don't think it'd do you harm to try out this great pressed powder. In my opinion it's one of ELF's best products, and a product I'll continue to repurchase.

on 5/30/2012 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product. I apply with it a big, fluffy brush after my foundation and concealer. It sets my face makeup and creates an even canvas. I'm also less shiny at day's end then before. I love the packaging and the mirror is worth the money itself. I'm reordering this as well as the warm option.

on 5/26/2012 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so unsure about this product. I use it after moisturizing and priming it does offset redness but it leaves a slightly chalky affect and you definitely have to cover with concealer afterwards. I'd like this more if that chalky coverage wasn't so bad and if it covered better. It's 3 bucks though so it's not big deal. Probably won't buy again though

Recommended for Normal Skin