November 24, 2014 | 2039 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by aimeexo

PROS:
- builds up volume and length AMAZINGLY
- very black formula
- packaging is sleek and simple
- brush is huge which packs more product onto my lashes

CONS:
- scent: omg it is so strong and I was not expecting it. It smells like grandma perfume
- it took about a month of daily use for the mascara to actually start working WELL. At first it was very liquidy which didn't allow volume to be built on the lashes. After about a month was when the mascara really started making my lashes look amazing
- price: holy hell $30+ for a mascara is crazy to me lol but I wanted to treat myself so I bought it
- the packaging can be annoying sometimes, I found that after a while of using it, it started to stick when I tried to open it, and it wouldn't close all the way so product began to build up at the opening

Overall, the main reason I would not repurchase is the price tag. The scent I can deal with, and it really does make my lashes look amazing. Sad that the price is so high.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MrsNNHarb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not going to say very much about this except I'm very disappointed, does nothing for my lashes. My drug store Almay mascara works much better! Basically I paid $25 for my lashes to smell like roses (which is just gross).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Meh. This product is just so-so to me. I don't really see a difference between this and some of my drugstore mascaras(L'oreal Carbon Black, Covergirl lash blast, etc) and even some mid-priced ones. The wand is nice because the bristles are big and full so it does give some good volume. The thing is that it's not particularly "great" at anything - it's just so-so in terms of lengthening, separating, volume, and definition. For the price it's not very good as I've tried some drugstore ones that are 1/3 of the price and are a lot better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Painful $25 lesson. This stuff looks great when first applied, so I purchased. It didn't really make my lashes look super long fake, but I go for a more natural look most days on my makeup,so not a big deal. Scent is interesting. The issue came within a matter of hours. What hadn't flaked had smudged into the tiny lines under my eyes. Would you like to know what happens when you fill those tiny lines with black smudge? They no longer look tiny, and you've added years to your face until you remove it. I bought it during a sephora mascara sale, and regret it. If I wanted to look older, I would chain smoke and tan every day, and probably have more fun doing it. As it is, I just want a freaking mascara that stays put. The closest I've found so far is They're Real, but it's just not my HG either. With the Diorshow, I highly recommend saving your money. You'd be better off with a drugstore brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed in this mascara. I purchased this mascara in waterproof. I find the formula isn't the problem; I find the wand is. The formula is great. It's slightly on the dry side and doesn't clump my lashes together and I find it's very waterproof. I really don't like the wand. The bristles are very sparse and way too long. The problem for me is that I have very short lashes and because the bristles are long, I find that instead of trying to get product on my lashes it just keeps bumping into my lower and upper eyelid. And because the bristles are sparse, I find that a lot of the product is wasted due to constantly cleaning off the edge. My lashes stick together and I find almost not difference in length and volume. I just see a mess on my eyelids.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by hypnose01

Doesn't work for me! the brush is bad and too soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Out of all the high-end mascaras I've tried (and there have been many), I always come back to this one. It's a very thick formula...so if you like a thinner, more fluid formula, you probably won't like this. It is also lightly scented (don't ask me what Dior was thinking?) I just wanted to put the those things out there, as they're not an issue for me but may be for some. Also, the brush is pretty large in comparison to a lot of high and mid end mascaras (I like this feature, some may not).
I have platinum hair and white eyebrows and eyelashes so definition is very important for my eyes to look balanced with the rest of my makeup, especially for more dramatic or statement looks. When I'm doing a full face and want drama, I reach for Diorshow every single time. My lashes are pretty run-of-the-mill and when wearing this mascara I've been asked which "falsies" I'm using! It's thick formula coats every last last, and creates beautiful bold drama. A slow, fluid stroke from root to tip is what I've found most effective and I've never had clumping or smudging issues with Diorshow (I have very oily lids). Less is more, I've come to find this formula is easy to overdo as it can become weighty. It's smooth application and it's ability to create dramatic lashes in just one coat have made this mascara a staple in my makeup stash and I will never be without it! Ladies looking for a thinner formula should look in to Guerlain Maxi lash or Chanel's Le Volume mascara, as they are wonderful as well!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$25 USD. This is yet another high-end mascara that just didn't work for my short and straight Asian lashes. The formula was quite thin, but weirdly, when I put it on, the brush applied it in clumps, so that parts of my lashes were thickly clumped while other parts had no formula on it. As a result, the thickly applied clumps flaked later and just looked horrible. I tried multiple times to apply in different ways but finally concluded this mascara isn't for me. I feel like I've tried most of the hyped mascaras out there by now on my quest to replay Lash Stylist, and I've noticed that on my particular type of lashes, the fuller brushes just don't work. The Diorshow has a fuller brush, and it doesn't grip my lashes and apply the formula evenly. So, note to self, no more wasting $$ unless the brush looks like it'll work on my lash type!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Makeuppro5sugarbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It ruined my eyelashes by pulling them out and making them thinner :(( dissatisfaction

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by jacrazz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a 80's girl at heart so I love me some blue mascara, ever since high school. After many years of trying different kinds, this is my absolute favorite! The blue is very bright and it lasts all day. I get tons of compliments on it. Expensive but it's the one that I don't mind splurging on!!