July 23, 2014 | 1296 users online

Crème - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Cream to Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by curledlashhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have really oily skin, and need plenty of coverage because of former pimple scars and no foundation has ever been right for me.. until I stumbled in Sephora Spain one day, one of the salespeople mentioned Urban Decay and I decided to give it a try. And oh gosh! It blends SO perfect with my skin. It looks natural to boot, and blends really easily while giving me maximum coverage and at the same time not be so cakey. Will definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by briii

I tried this foundation a few months ago and loved the product itself but the lightest color sephora had was wayy too yellow for me. I looked like a banana compared to the rest of my skin. Not attractive! Last month I was in Macy's and was browsing around the makeup and saw that the Urban Decay section has two more shades in this foundation than Sephora does. When I first tried this I go the color Illusion which I thought was the lightest shade but found out its like the third or fourth from the lightest. It wasnt too dark for me just too yellow. The lady matched me in the color Haze witch is more pinkish. It matches absolutely perfect! I've never had a foundation match so good on my skin. Being light skinned, they're always either too light or too dark or something just goes wrong. But not with this one :] I'm in love with this foundation!! It's so smooth and creamy and lightweight, which I love. This gives me natural coverage while still covering any redness or discolorations I have. I recommend setting this with a powder or it probly won't last too long. When I set it it stays on good pretty much all day :] and being at work all day I don't have time to worry about my makeup so I'm happy this one stays on good and looks good throughout the day. I really like the look of the packaging, I just wish it was slimmer. It's so fat! But this is a great foundation and I am so happy I found one in my color :] Definately recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Faux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best of all foundations! If you want absolutely flawless skin, buy this. I have never gotten so many compliments on my "skin" not my "makeup." try it, you won't be sorry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by wblassingame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy, I use the real techniques flat top brush to apply. It has cut down a lot of time in my morning routine because it blends so well. May not be suitable for real oily skin, but I love the fact that it doesn't settle into fine lines. I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this foundation, and it is hard for me to find one that works well for me. My color is Nirvana. I do have a lot of redness in my skintone, and it completely eliminates that problem. It hides my pores, and doesn't look cakey or cling to any parts of my face. I do, however, moisturize before I put it on and I mix in the complexion perfection brightening primer. I am a MUA, and I often sell this right off my face! Along with the concealer in MIA and the mineral powder in dream, my skin looks flawless. I do like to spray their all-nighter spray on, and it will look great after an 8 hour shift. I must admit, although it is a perfect match for me, it doesn't look great on everyone. If you have dry skin or dry patches, it will look flaky. Moisturizing helps with that problem. Also, depending how much coverage you need it may not be full enoguh. It provides wonderful medium coverage but it is not sheer, nor is it full. It is buildable to an extent, and after too much it really won't look great. If you have normal/combination skin, fairly small amount of blemishes, and redness this foundation will be great! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by lowcarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I looked into this product because I travel a lot and need a foundation that won't spill or be overly messy and complicated in application. Something I can do in my car.

I went onto YouTube and there's a fab video on makeup application with UD Surreal Skin Cream to Powder foundation that was incredibly helpful right down to the brushes to use (MAC 187 or the Sigma F80).

Here is the link to Ms. Beauty B*tch:

I also learned that Alexis Bellino of the Real Housewives of Orange County loves this product as she states on her FB and uses it in "Dream."

I am a MAC NC25 I knew that either Nirvana or Dream were the ones for me since she and I have the same coloring. So I bought both.

I bought Nirvana to mix it up and for when I have the winter paleness. Nirvana will work if you are a NC25 too. Dream is good for adding dimension and for when I have a Level 1 or Level 2 Mystic.

Everything that Ms. Beauty B*tch says on Youtube is exactly correct - use a synthetic flat-top brush or synthetic stipple brush and you won't overapply.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Ninababy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have golden olive skin with lots of yellow. I am 56 years old not much wrinkles I use color 153 in MUFE and hallucination in urban decay. I like this product!!! It's a perfect match! The trick here is not to use too much!! This is supposed to be a light makeup!! If I put too much on it looks bad yuk. But a light wisk and it looks natural with an even color. So use very little. I use amazing cosmetics concealer in tan for anything I need to cover. Don't try building this and take very little on your brush!! I use it as a summer sheer foundation and it is beautiful! I would say. If you have pink undertones stay away and if you want coverage or buildable coverage. It's good stuff if you are golden and use it with a light touch.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by misscal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually like the packaging. I never had trouble with the mirror breaking off from the compact as other reviewers have reported. If you look closely the purple has camels and other small engravings. That's a fun distraction.

For the cost the quality of the product is far from fantastic. I use Maybelline "Dream Liquid Mousse" and "Dream Smooth Mousse" for a combined grand total of about $21.00 and I am way more satisfied with that product combo than with the urban decay cream to powder foundation alone. In all honesty I don't even understand why they call it a "Cream to Powder" foundation. To me it goes on and stays on like any other standard foundation.

Major con: it rubs off easily and the applicator brush is really cheap

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the color "HAZE" which is described as "very fair with pink undertones". I bought this on the Urban Decay website, sight unseen, when I was told by an Urban rep that this color would match me, when I lamented that the colors that are sold in store are not fair enough for me.

However, upon receiving it, one look at it and I could tell this was no where near fair enough for me, and not a pink undertone whatsoever. For reference, I am too fair for MAC and MUFE Face and Body #36 is a perfect match for me. I swatched this once on my cheek and it was 2 shades darker than I am and looked yellow compared to my cool undertone. So Urban needs to get a reality check. If they think for one minute this is "very fair" and "pink undertone", they need to expand their circle of test subjects to include women who are much paler so they have an accurate representation of what "very fair" looks like.

My next complaint is the texture of this. This is marketed as a cream to powder, but I assure you, this is not a "to powder" product. Its more like a cream to cream. You will need a setting powder on top of this. It does not have a dry down; it stays quite squishy and soft feeling on the skin despite the formula having silica in it.

This formula has no wax in it, which is a problem. Waxes are not water soluable which means that stick foundations containing natural waxes hold up MUCH better in humid situations (or in instances where you'd be getting wet or sweating), than those that are water soluable. The base of this product is Isononyl Isononanoate. Good news, its not water soluable. Bad news, it MELTS AT SKIN'S TEMPERATURE. Add a lot of body heat to the mix, and you have a product that will slide off at the slightest bit of heat. Waxes like candellilia, on the other hand, has a melting point of 68.5 C (about 155 degrees Fahrenheit). The average skin temperature is 32 C (about 89 degrees Fahrenheit), which is not warm enough to soften up a wax based product. Beeswax is also commonly used, but its melting point is not much lower than Candellia.
In my opinion, if you want a good long lasting cream foundation, one that will withstand hot temperature and humid conditions, you're much better off buying a stick or cream foundation formulated with waxes.

Science aside, lets talk about the size of this. The pans of these are quite shallow. These only have 8 grams of product and are $34. That's an average of $4.25 per gram. By comparison, I could buy a solid stick foundation for say, $39 that has 14 grams, which is about 1.5X less per gram than the Urban Decay one (or the Smashbox one, for that matter).

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by janii

This is the worst cream to powder foundation I have ever purchased. It does not blend well and you can actually still see it on the skin after extensive working. I use it with the urban decay complexion primer potion as recommended by the store purchased at. The primer does almost nothing.
Will be returning both tomorrow.