April 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Blush - NYX - Rouge Cream Blush - Natural

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by caligal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVe LOvE LoVE HG
I own Nars, Bobbi Brown, The Balm, MAC and Smashbox. This is my first ds blush since...hmmmm. Maybe ever. Even before MUA I used Clinique and Lancome.

Besides agreeing with all the other positive comments I wanted to add this: I can actaully put a lot of color on my cheeks for the first time and still look natural. This is what I've always wanted. Despite watching 7,000 youtube videos, my blush always seemed to look cakey or fake if I put on too much. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and it took me until this week to get comfortable building the color. I 've used my fingers, a Beauty Blender sponge and my foundation stiple brush and they all work well. This week, I started with my fingers and finished with the BB sponge to blend at the top of my cheek bones.

The best thing was...I had 3 ladies comment my SKIN this week. My skin is the same. I only changed this and also added a NYX Concealer Magic Wand for my under eye brightener.

Another score for MUA recommendations. Thank to all! xoxo

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really enjoying this, especially for the price. Carmindy cream blush is my HG (and I am working on my last two), but this will be a decent replacement. It is doesn't have as dry a finish as the carmindy, but it actually blends a little more easily. Great for a normal to dry skin. I will definitely purchase more shades of this as the year progresses.

EDIT: Although I am still enjoying the color and texture of this, the lasting power leaves something to be desired.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Ohviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Out of all the blushes I've tried so far in my life, this is absolutely the most natural looking color. Before this I was using NARS powder blush in "deep throat," but this neutral pink shade is just so much more flattering on my pale skin. I was applying it with my Real Techniques expert face brush, which does a great job, but after purchasing the Cynthia Rowley precision blending sponge I've found that it is much better for applying it most naturally. This has been important to me because my skin is so fair that sometimes if I'm not very careful I start to look a little clown-y. I wish that was funny but it just isn't. Anyway, I'll probably upgrade to a higher quality product with better ingredients (apparently this blush contains mineral oil) at some point, but I bought this blush for around $4 at cherryculture.com and as a college student in my final semester, this product is such a steal. It fades a bit over the day but still looks nice. Makes my ghost skin look alive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by albs

I have tried several different formulations of cream blush and this is by far my favourite. It is very pigmented so you do not need much. Sheered out it looks very natural on the skin so it is appropriately named. The finish is not overly glowy, it sets nicely on the skin to look like skin. I use Sigma's synthetic F50, dab it into the product once and then dab it once on the back of my hand to get rid of any excess, then blend it onto the apples of my cheeks and back toward my hairline. I really like this, unfortunately the stores that carry NYX in my area do not carry any of these blushes so whether or not I repurchase will depend on if I can find it again, or another shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blush as it is SO easy to apply, it's practically foolproof. I use the fat end of a damp Beauty Blender and just tap it into the product and bounce it onto my cheeks in the needed areas. Then a little blending around the edges with my fingers (or the sharp end of the Beauty Blender) if required. This prevents it applying too much colour at once, which others seems to be having a problem with when using a brush. The colour is beautiful too, it gives a lovely natural looking pink glow to the cheeks and is perfect for my pale skin. So far I have only worn this over liquid foundation so I've used a translucent powder to set it as well as my foundation and it lasts pretty well this way. For the price you cannot beat this awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've recently begun experimenting with blush for the first time. For reference, I am very fair with normal to dry skin, with redness and some hormonal acne. I've never found it necessary to use blush because of my redness. But after seeing a few tutorials on how to apply blush, I discovered it can really define and "finish" your look.

The ony comparison I have to this blush is Wet N Wild's Pearlescent Pink powder blush, which everyone raves about. At first, being quite inexperienced, I used MUCH too heavy of a hand with it! Even with lighter applications, I still found it a tad too dark for me. I will keep it around to practice with, but went off in search of an even lighter blush. I had heard of cream blush, and thought it'd be perfect for my dry skin. So I decided to give Natural a try, which is the lightest color out of Nyx's cream blush selection.

The good: It's very creamy, making it good for dry skin, and easy to blend. It can also be doubled as a lip color. The finish is dewy and gives a nice sheen, without being overly shiny or full of sparkle. For the cost and quality, it scores very high with me, as I anticipate this pot lasting me a long time. This blush is unscented, so you don't have to worry about any off-putting smells during wear.

The bad: It's VERY pigmented. Some people say that's a good thing, but for my pale skin, it's very easy to get too much product if applying with a brush. I've since used it with my fingers, and I mean literally one whisper light touch into the pot with 3-4 light dots onto my cheeks, and then blending it in.

Overall: While this blush is a bright "baby" pink, a very light hand adds a nice glow of pink to my face, opposed to enhancing my redness. My skin is fairly clear and cream otherwise,, so the overall effect comes off quite nice when I do a bare lip + black eyeliner.

I think this color would work well for almost any skin tone! I like the packaging. It isn't too bulky nor flimsy or easily breakable, as tested by my 2 cats who knocked it off my kitchen island and had a good time playing hockey with it last night. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by purplescarf6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this blush. Super pigmented, easy to blend, affordable, cute packaging: what's not to love? It makes my cool-toned, pale skin go from drab-looking to healthy and vibrant. I get many compliments on this. A girl at school said the other day that I always "look like a doll" with "perfectly rosy cheeks". I can think of one con and one con only: if I apply too much it can make me look a bit clownish. This is easily solved by applying very little and adding more later if needed. I will repurchase, although I'm not remotely close to needing to; this lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Very flattering and versatile color! Like this a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only just bought this blush and have used it a few times but I can already say I LOVE IT! It's so creamy! I cannot believe how little of the product you need, you really only have to tap a stippling brush in it very lightly and you have enough for both cheeks.

I think this would be very flattering for many skin tones. First time I tried it it came out more of a light pinky color, but after a few days of tanning it now shows up as a apricot pink. It is really gorgeous.

Staying power is not as good as Stila's Convertible Color, but for the price and how little you need it is not even an issue for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lucamom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the color, love the glow and you can't beat the price. Perfect shade of peachy pink with the emphasis on pink.