December 22, 2014 | 1195 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ERROUSE

This is one of the most important things in my makeup collection. My face doesn't have many blemishes or much to cover so this acts as my foundation. I love it. It gives the perfect finish. The coverage is enough to even out my skin tone and provide a moist, flawless finish. After application I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. I've used both of these now for over a year; both products last a long time. I've search for other liquid foundations just because and nothing give me the look Tinted Moisturizer gives me. They were not my color or they were to heavy (they were drugstore brands). The Tinted Moisturizer is very light weight and the coverage is great for me. I definitely recommend it.

**Don't let the price of MAC turn you away. As I mentioned above I've used the Mineralize Skinfinish and Tinted Moisturizer over a year (brought it September 2011 to be exact) and I'm still using the same ones. I'm actually going to replace them this weekend because I'm just getting low. Maybe about 1 month left in the tube ... The Skinfinish is good though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in "Dark". When I first applied it, I was seriously taken aback by the smell...medicinal much? It smells like a Band-Aid - ick! I distributed a slightly larger than pea sized amount between my cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. Coverage was light/translucent and blended in quickly and evenly. The consistency is creamy -- not unlike sunscreen. Although not instantly impressive, the product did provide a pleasing hint of luminescence so my skin looked glowy, smooth, and not cakey at all. I had been used to wearing Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer which, by contrast, is thinner in consistency and is probably a bit heavier on the "moisturizer" side. While not as polished as the MAC tinted moisturizer, one plus for LM is that her line offers a broader color range and three formulas (including "oil free", which would beat out MAC for keeping oiliness at bay).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this in my stash for ages before getting round to trying it. You see, I was getting married and was reluctant to try something new in case it broke me out. I needn't have worried though, as it didn't break me out in the slightest!
I would say that this is like Mac's version of a BB cream. It gives my skin a lovely natural finish, a bit like the finish of face & body foundation. Except the beauty with this stuff is....I can skip moisturiser before putting it on! This is good for me on days when I'm in a rush and getting ready for work. It's really moisturising and has good pigmentation. I need a little concealer for my red birthmark and I'm good to go. I do prefer to set it with my Mineralize skin finish natural to make it last all day. For reference, I have normal leaning to dry skin. I got the shade MEDIUM and at the moment I am NC30, this is the perfect shade for me. X

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for an HG TM for years and have finally found it! I'm NC15/N3 and Light is a good match for me. Slightly more coverage than other TMs but still lighter than most foundations. It applies beautifully with either a foundation brush or fingertips. I use a little bit of Laura Mercier loose powder on top and my skin looks great.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got little white heads all over my face from using this. The coverage is good for a tinted moisturizer, but why use a product to cover up acne that it's causing to begin with?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by foxyknox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 4/5 for "Overall Rating" because I love the way it looks on my skin. It makes my skin looks natural and healthy which is hard to find for someone with dry skin. Great coverage, basically a BB cream!
I gave the "Price" a 3/5, it wasn't very expensive for what it provides!
I gave the "Packaging" a 3/5 because I prefer pumps where as this is a tube. I am not a fan of tubes at all but it wasn't that bad... just be careful how much you squeeze out.

CON: It broke me out & smells weird (but I don't mind the smell). I love this product so much but I cant deal with the fact that it breaks me out almost every time I use it which is why I would not repurchase. Otherwise, its a FANTASTIC product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont know how I forgot to review this product..I am a tinted moisturizer junkie!! I bought this a very very long time ago and this one got sidelined for the Nars TM. Well I wanted to take a break from Nars so I went back to Studio Tint and think this a very good TM, .sheer yet provides good coverage(did cover the redness in my chin), easy application, light consistency. But the only con is the smell, its awful! I dont remember this product causing any breakout for me..will further update on that area, For ref I am a NC40 gal and was matched to Dark by the MA. Priced reasonably. Overall s vrty nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Me and my impulse shopping. A devotee of Laura Mercier's and Smashbox's TM, I strayed from the path on a recent trip to Sweden and bought this. First off, I would like to say that this should be classified as a light foundation, rather than as a TM. Used alone, I'm finding this chalky and hard to blend, save for with a vigorously used damp sponge. Mixed with a luminizer/highlighter, however, the case is different. One gets a pleasing sheer look, Right now, I'm using Hocus Focus by Soap and Glory. It thins the goo out and helps neutralize the smell of this TM which is GHASTLY. Tempera paint, anyone? I'm going to finish the tube off, in the same of economy and ecology, but I don't think I'll buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sjv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite light-coverage foundation, it looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. Great to wear all year, especially in the summer when you don't want a heavy look. I use "Dark" for my Asian skin, which is not very dark but sheer enough that it matches well with my skin. I've recently purchased the Studio Sculpt for extra coverage since my skin doesn't look that great in the winter, and though it makes my skin look really good and very moisturized, I can't get over the feeling that it really looks like I'm wearing foundation and sometimes I feel too made up. I'll keep it... but the Moisture Tint is still my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by daphneleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only started wearing "covering" makeup about a year ago. (I'm 20.) I have some light acne scarring and some milia on my chin, but I really don't care about covering that up -- I just like the brightening and evening out a tinted moisturizer provides. I don't like anything that feels heavy. So, there's that.

But I LOVE this TM. I purchased it in Light. It is perfectly sheer for me, and actually does cover those acne scars to my liking. I do put an oil-free moisturizer on first (Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion) then after blending it with my fingers, I buff it around my face and the finish is exactly what I want. I experience no dryness or awkward tint, and it also doesn't smell strongly of sunscreen.

It might be worth it to mention that I have very light olive skin -- a little different than just straight-up china doll pale. I don't know how this Light would work on pinker skin tones -- but, I'd definitely say hit up your MAC counter to try it out.