MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 10/31/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick! It's the perfect "my lips but better" lipstick. It's also the first lipstick that I've bought twice because I used it so much. I usually use gloss or balm more than lipstick. I will continue to buy more and I hope Mac never discontinues this

on 10/20/2013 2:18:00 AM

I love this shade! It looks great with it plain or with a gloss over it!(:

on 9/22/2013 5:30:00 AM

I wanted so much to like this colour. I'm a NW20 skin tone and the colour is quite nude on me. I was hoping it would look slightly more brownish, but it just adds a little more depth to my natural lip colour. It is quite moisturising but consequently it doesn't have much staying power. I can see why others would really like this colour but it's just not for me. As always, love the MAC packaging of the lipstick, however I won't be repurchasing this colour.

on 7/16/2013 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a nice neutral everyday lipstick for my NC37-40 Skintone. This is a nice colour but it's too drying for me. It just makes my lips bleed.....will be swapping it I think.

on 6/30/2013 11:15:00 PM

This is my favorite every day lipstick. It's hydrating and lightweight. It just looks like my lips, but better!

on 6/25/2013 8:01:00 PM

Beautiful lipstick!! This is a light brown, pinky nude. Great for all seasons and looks great with any make up look. I have been wearing it for years and always go back to it after trying new colors....its just perfect!! Will continue to repurchase over and over.

on 3/24/2013 5:43:00 AM

love love love love love LOVE this lip color.

This is great as an every day color.
I wear it every season, in college, at work, with friends, on family days, and my no-makeup-weekends!

It suits my light/medium, slightly yellow undertoned skin and my dark hair and eyebrows. I think this is more of a color for brunettes than it is for blondes, but it would probably look good on everyone!

Will never stop wearing this :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have owned this shade for years but have never written a review. This was one of my first MAC purchases, but I rarely wear it. I am a cool PPP (NW10ish) with pigmented lips, and I have a difficult time finding nude colors that aren't too brown, orange, or muddy on me. Hug Me is a decent nude, but it isn't HG and requires careful application and work to look suitable on me. I could never just swipe this on from the bullet and go. Hug Me is described on the MAC site as "flesh pink", and this is fairly accurate. However, on some people this means it looks TOO MUCH like flesh, and therefore doesn't bring any life to the face and simply looks "blah". Like all Lustre formulas, it applies smoothly and feels very comfortable. To make it work for me, I must apply a pinkish lipliner and typically top off with gloss as well. For example, I have worn it recently by lining and blending with Rimmel Eastend Snob liner and topping with Revlon's Super Lustrous Gloss in Peach Petal or Nude Lustre, or with BB's lipgloss in Pink Beige. If I try to wear without liner and/or gloss, the line at the edge of my lips looks slightly warm and orangey where it meets the rest of my face--not a good look on cool-toned me. I'm not sure I would repurchase as it takes so much work to look good on me.

Update: I still haven't found a HG nude, but Revlon Mauve It Over (matte finish) and Sonia Kashuk in Sheer Pink Lust (glossy finish) are very nice, and they don't require as much work to "work" as Hug Me.

on 12/25/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my first MAC lipstick when I wanted a nude pinky mouth. But this doesn't bring life to my face. It makes my face look bleh. I wished this was more pink like my beloved Maybelline Nude Blush that was discontinued.

EDIT: I went and bought the pinker version of this which is Modesty in Cremeshine formula. Hug Me and Modesty are very close in color. HM is more peachy and Modesty is more pink. But when Modesty gave my lips a blue tinge like I just came in from the freezing cold and all color was drain from my lips. Hug Me actually looked better! I had HM on my top lip and Modesty on my bottom lip. For some reason, peachy based pinks look better on me than true pinks. I will be re-purchasing.

on 11/11/2012 1:34:00 PM

I love this lipstick. I always go back to it. I would describe Hug Me (NC 25) as a hot cocoa kind of color on me. It's warm, pink/brown and really pulls my look together. I like the lustre formula because it is slippery and doesn't look like lipstick. It glides over like a balm. All in all, a great neutral that is fool proof and pretty!

Popular Lipsticks