December 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Chipstah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a nice neutral everyday lipstick for my NC37-40 Skintone. This is a nice colour but it's too drying for me. It just makes my lips bleed.....will be swapping it I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Wutthehector

This is my favorite every day lipstick. It's hydrating and lightweight. It just looks like my lips, but better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by chrissym1023

Beautiful lipstick!! This is a light brown, pinky nude. Great for all seasons and looks great with any make up look. I have been wearing it for years and always go back to it after trying new colors....its just perfect!! Will continue to repurchase over and over.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

love love love love love LOVE this lip color.

This is great as an every day color.
I wear it every season, in college, at work, with friends, on family days, and my no-makeup-weekends!

It suits my light/medium, slightly yellow undertoned skin and my dark hair and eyebrows. I think this is more of a color for brunettes than it is for blondes, but it would probably look good on everyone!

Will never stop wearing this :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have owned this shade for years but have never written a review. This was one of my first MAC purchases, but I rarely wear it. I am a cool PPP (NW10ish) with pigmented lips, and I have a difficult time finding nude colors that aren't too brown, orange, or muddy on me. Hug Me is a decent nude, but it isn't HG and requires careful application and work to look suitable on me. I could never just swipe this on from the bullet and go. Hug Me is described on the MAC site as "flesh pink", and this is fairly accurate. However, on some people this means it looks TOO MUCH like flesh, and therefore doesn't bring any life to the face and simply looks "blah". Like all Lustre formulas, it applies smoothly and feels very comfortable. To make it work for me, I must apply a pinkish lipliner and typically top off with gloss as well. For example, I have worn it recently by lining and blending with Rimmel Eastend Snob liner and topping with Revlon's Super Lustrous Gloss in Peach Petal or Nude Lustre, or with BB's lipgloss in Pink Beige. If I try to wear without liner and/or gloss, the line at the edge of my lips looks slightly warm and orangey where it meets the rest of my face--not a good look on cool-toned me. I'm not sure I would repurchase as it takes so much work to look good on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by NudeBlush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC lipstick when I wanted a nude pinky mouth. But this doesn't bring life to my face. It makes my face look bleh. I wished this was more pink like my beloved Maybelline Nude Blush that was discontinued.

EDIT: I went and bought the pinker version of this which is Modesty in Cremeshine formula. Hug Me and Modesty are very close in color. HM is more peachy and Modesty is more pink. But when Modesty gave my lips a blue tinge like I just came in from the freezing cold and all color was drain from my lips. Hug Me actually looked better! I had HM on my top lip and Modesty on my bottom lip. For some reason, peachy based pinks look better on me than true pinks. I will be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

I love this lipstick. I always go back to it. I would describe Hug Me (NC 25) as a hot cocoa kind of color on me. It's warm, pink/brown and really pulls my look together. I like the lustre formula because it is slippery and doesn't look like lipstick. It glides over like a balm. All in all, a great neutral that is fool proof and pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Love this colour! I tend to like lipstick shades that are a shade darker than my natural lip colour and are fairly sheer. This shade is perfect for me, I wear it often, great go to shade for when I am working. Has a nice shine to it and is very comfortable to wear. Not very long lasting but I wasn't expecting it to be. I actually bought it because my fav lipstick Revlon colorburst in Blush was discontinued, this is almost a perfect match for it if anyone was looking for that shade. Would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

I changed my mind, this lipstick ends up looking "cinnamon" brown mauve nude on me, too 90s. It's like I'm trying to look natural, but it looks dramatic instead. Unfortunately, this color is not flattering on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by missjessica83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour! It enhances my natural lip colour and just gives it the extra touch I need during the day. I usually use Mac lip balm first, apply lipstick, and then add a gloss on top. For my asian skin, it gives me a really subtle feel but also delivers in consistency. I can use this with any look. I love it!