MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 1/22/2014 9:53:00 PM

Hug Me is my first nude lipstick, $18 CAD for 0.10oz. I'm NC30 with dull lips. I tend to favour pinky MLBB shades (my HG are Revlon balm stain honey or berry smoothie lip butter) but for the new year, I wanted to try something different. I went to the store with my heart set on Freckletone but once I applied it, it didn't look right - it was too opaque for my liking. On a whim, I tried Hug Me and was shocked at how much I liked it. There is a slight scent to it which goes away after a few minutes. I always apply blistex (in the blue tub), then Hug Me and Revlon nude lustre gloss for that extra shine. The wear time is for a few hours and it won't make it through a meal but I don't mind reapplying. I'm unsure if I want to repurchase since I do want to try some of the other nude lipsticks.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't know what's up with me and nude lippies but I've been on a major buying spree. This one comes across as a mauve/pink/brown nude on me. And not as a white out pasty lipstick that requires work to make it WORK. For a lustre formula its not too bad. It doesn't even require a lip liner. I absolutely love it for that very reason. Takes zero work to make it work on my nc45 skintone/pigmented lips. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/17/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I asked the lady at MAC for a 'goes with everything' lipstick, and she suggested this or Syrup. I picked this one. I have used this up faster than any other lipstick I own because it really works with anything.

It's a sheer, glossy looking nude brown on me. Not quite a MLBB on me, it's a bit dark, but it's pretty subtle. I love this and will repurchase as soon as it runs out. I don't find it drying on.

This colour is really nice - it's the perfect everyday nude shade without making you look ghastly. The lustering formula makes it super moisturizing. Very work appropriate. I am NC20-25 and it doesn't wash me out at all.

on 10/31/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick! It's the perfect "my lips but better" lipstick. It's also the first lipstick that I've bought twice because I used it so much. I usually use gloss or balm more than lipstick. I will continue to buy more and I hope Mac never discontinues this

on 10/20/2013 2:18:00 AM

I love this shade! It looks great with it plain or with a gloss over it!(:

on 9/22/2013 5:30:00 AM

I wanted so much to like this colour. I'm a NW20 skin tone and the colour is quite nude on me. I was hoping it would look slightly more brownish, but it just adds a little more depth to my natural lip colour. It is quite moisturising but consequently it doesn't have much staying power. I can see why others would really like this colour but it's just not for me. As always, love the MAC packaging of the lipstick, however I won't be repurchasing this colour.

on 7/16/2013 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a nice neutral everyday lipstick for my NC37-40 Skintone. This is a nice colour but it's too drying for me. It just makes my lips bleed.....will be swapping it I think.

on 6/30/2013 11:15:00 PM

This is my favorite every day lipstick. It's hydrating and lightweight. It just looks like my lips, but better!

on 6/25/2013 8:01:00 PM

Beautiful lipstick!! This is a light brown, pinky nude. Great for all seasons and looks great with any make up look. I have been wearing it for years and always go back to it after trying new colors....its just perfect!! Will continue to repurchase over and over.

Recommended for Medium Skin