MAC Sandy B. lipstick

3.9

I swatched this on my hand at the MAC counter and just knew I had to have it! It really is just the perfect pinky peachy golden shade. Definitely one of my favourite colours in the permanent line. Unfortunately thats where my love for it stops :( on my lips its slightly gritty...more so than the other frosts I own. And you can see all the glitter bits...not in a cute glitzy way but in a kinda flaky way. I can't really comfortably wear this without gloss....which is a bummer because I like a lippy you can just chuck on...as well as experiment with glosses liner etc. With all the effort of having to add a gloss and then double checking to make sure it doesnt look flaky I might as well just put on my Bareminerals gloss in energy drink (similar peachy golden)! I'll deffo use it up because the shade is lush....but won't repurchase.

on 1/30/2011 6:49:00 PM

I just picked this up today thanks to B2M. I was hesitant at first because it is a frost and I already own bombshell and I had problems applying it. But thankfully Sandy B applies smoothly on my lips, and yes it's frosty but not in an ( 80s called they want their lipstick back way. It's basically Nymphette Lipglass in Lipstick form. I just applied Rimmels clear gloss over it and It looks fantastic that way as well.

on 9/2/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

BEAUTIFUL color, but SO gritty! Yuck!

on 8/10/2010 9:21:00 PM

OMG I have a new all time favorite lipstick!!! It was lollipop loving, and I still love it don't get me wrong. But I can't break that one out everyday since its hard to find. This is the perfect summer goddess color I've been trying to find. It looks sooooo nice with bronze smokey eyes and bronzer on the checks. Its a lovely peachy tanish nude. Maybe a little pink in it? I duno but its sooo pretty and I normally don't like frost finishes. Go try it!!!!

on 7/7/2010 6:27:00 AM

I think this is THE summer lip colour for me right now. I grab for it all the time when i do bronzy summer looks because the gold shimmer and the peachy colour completes my summer looks so well. I love that it's the perfect nude colour with a hint of gold. It's a little drying for my lips but it's not something that a little lip balm can't fix!

This Lipstick completed my LIFE! NOT KIDDING! This is sooooo perfect for when I want a GORGEOUS nude lip with a little golden zing! I am such a fan! It lasts for 4 hrs, and even longer when I put eyeshadow primer on first! (just a free little tip for you...it works) Well I hope that this review was helpful for you! Have a fantastic day! Thanks...BYEEEEE

on 6/17/2010 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hey ladies,
I reorganized and updated my makeup collection and came up w/ 19 empty MAC products, SOOO you know that meant that I needed to head off to the MAC store for BackToMAC !

One of my choices was "Sandy B" - lipstick...this doesn't look very pretty online or in the tube actually, but when I put it on!!! Whoa, look out! this is one of my new favorites!

It's like a peach/gold shimmery lipgloss instead of a lipstick!!!

I am very pleased

on 6/11/2010 7:48:00 PM

Meh. Now I know that I'm not a fan of MAC frost lipsticks. This just... eh... It's alright. Frosts don't sit well on my lips. The colour is nice and all, but the frost is not even worth the colour.

on 5/15/2010 10:13:00 PM

Yeah, it's a frost...I know.

But most M.A.C frosts play nice with my lips. This one is PURE FROST.

I'm sure I would love the color on me if it weren't for the nasty frostiness emphasizing the ugly contours of my lips.

Frost frost frost frost.

Jack frost.
Frosted Flakes.
Frosty the snowman.
Frostalostadingdong.

The only way I can get this to work is if I wear a lipgloss over it.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add: Anyone who thinks that this is a sufficient replacement for Lollipop Loving is NUUUUTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

on 5/12/2010 12:52:00 PM

I have just received this by post in the back 2 mac uk programme..I chose it primarily because it is my name ..but i love the soft golden peach colour it's a great stand alone colour or equally to lighten a darker shade...the only problem with mac lipsticks is I want to eat them off as they taste/smell so good

Popular Lipsticks