August 23, 2014 | 1248 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Original Dry Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jericalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was nearly out of my bottle of Pssst.. (curly/wavy hair formula) so I went to Ulta to pick up some more. They were out of it so I grabbed a bottle of this without worry, assuming that it would work just the same and all dry shampoos are the same.

I'm really not impressed, It gives my hair a strange waxy texture that doesn't feel exactly clean, and the smell is alright but nothing to write home about... Also seemed significantly drying for my dry, fine hair. Didn't really freshen up my hair after a night at a smoky bar, but I understand that's a tall order so I'll forgive it. As far as volume goes my hair seemed a little lifted but I've had better results with Pssst...
The thing that bugged me the most about this product was the white chunky residue that made my black hair gray and how difficult it was to brush away (worth noting that my hairbrush was disgusting after this process and needed a wash itself). Honestly you'd be better off just dusting on some baby powder. The whitening properties of this product are just as bad, and at least baby powder doesn't give you the funky texture. They do make a tinted formula for brunettes, but that still sounds kind of gross to me, like you'd have all sorts of brown crap in your scalp.

Never straying from the Pssst... Curly/Wavy Formula again. It is completely clear so it works for all hair colors, and smells fresher anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by freesparrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried a lot of dry shampoos, and this seems to be the only one that makes my hair smell and look clean.
I have really dark brown, dry hair, and this doesn't leave a white residue or smell full of chemicals. It smells clean and fresh and lasts all day, even with my hands running through my hair all the time :)
I apply this about 5-6 inches from my roots, and spray in sections. Then I let it sit for a bit (5-6 minutes, usually when I get ready in the morning), then I rub it in, to get all the greasies out of my head, until the white powder is gone. Though I don't brush it out, this method seems to work and leave my hair clean, fresh, and volumized, with NO WHITE RESIDUE!
I like the cherry scented one and the fresh scented one. The floral one was a little too strong on the scent, so those of you who are sensitive smell or get headaches/migraines from certain smells, stay away from the floral scent.
So, if you're on the fence about this, they sell travel sizes at Ulta, so you dont have to buy the full size bottle and waste money if you dont like it. But I recommend to anyone, especially if you have dry hair and dont shower everyday, or those with oily roots, or those wanting more texture/volume in their hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Ashleenlababee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. After trying tresseme dry shampoo this one seemed amazing and smells great. No residue is left behind and your hair is left super bouncy and full of life! a little bit pricey compared to other but completely worth it !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This product is garbage. I have fine hair, so it can get oily and weighed down if I do not keep it fresh. I bought this product because it was the cheapest dry shampoo I could find and I was totally disappointed. I do not see a lot of dry shampoo come out- it appears to be more alcohol than anything else. The alcohol dries out my hair and leaves the texture unpleasant until I wash my hair again. The worst part is that it does not look less oily or more refreshed! It looks exactly the same as before. The smell is nice, but that is the only nice thing about this shampoo. Definitely not for fine/delicate hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Courtneykelly1818

This is my go to dry shampoo! I have Been using this product for over a year now. I use the original and tropical scent. My hair is instantly refreshed and smells great. Great option if you don't have time to wash your hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fourth dry shampoo I've tried (Suave and Rene Furterer were the others) and definitely the best of the bunch. It provides much more oil absorption than the two Suaves on the market, albeit Batiste is about twice as expensive. The powder/mist is not as fine as the Suave one, but there is no product buildup at the nozzle..

My only gripe would be the slightly white cast of powder when I get a little heavy handed when spraying (I have yet to try the version for brunette hair). I've tried both the Blush scent and the Original and I prefer the Original scent as it's not as overwhelming.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by araic4988

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG dry shampoo! While I was in Europe, I bought the original scent, tried it and LOVED it. I love the smell, it makes my hair look great, the packaging is convienient, and now you can buy it in the US. You should definitely try this, it is fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i honestly don't know what i'd do with out dry shampoo now, i'm completely addicted!
in this line, i've used the tropical, cherry, urban, and blonde ones, i usually just buy which ever is the best value at the time but I think my favourite is the urban one, it's a really nice clean perfumey scent.
it really is a life saver as i have quite oily skin so the next day after washing my hair it starts to look greasy (and washing it all the time is both damaging and time consuming with it being long) but just a quick blast and it looks fresh as a daisy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by sharontracy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product didn't agree with my hair. I saw no improvement. After several uses I tossed out the product. I will go back to my regular but more expensive brand. Shame as it seems to work for most people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

As a newbie to dry shampoo, I really like this one.
It goes on white and you have to wait a little bit before you brush your hair. I think it works better than oscar blandi's, so def save some money and purchase this one instead!