E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Paraffin Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol (Ve),Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vc), Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 9/8/2011 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For a matte nude concealer-effect lipstick this is pretty good. It doesn't accentuate chapped lips as much as other light shaded matte (or even not matte) lipsticks usually do. I got this after buying Revlon's Nude attitude lipstick and being very disappointed with it because of its strong orange undertone. This shade however doesn't have any orange in it, it's basically the color of a NW20 foundation. You can wear it under a lip gloss or under a lipstick (to tone down the color) but I don't think it looks very good on its own, not even on my NW15 skin. For the price this is pretty good and I find it surprisingly non-drying and almost moisturizing. The packaging is pretty sleek too.

on 8/24/2011 4:47:00 PM

You have to be careful with this one, as it will NOT match all skin tones. I am a big fan of ELF lipsticks, because they're moisturizing and long lasting. When I applied this I was horrified... It gave me the concealer on the lips look, almost like I just ate a pack of powdered donuts. I'm fair skinned so I was surprised this didn't look right! However I refused to give up on it. I find that if I dab it lightly on my lips and apply a light colored gloss it gives me the right effect. You can also use it as a base and apply another lipstick over it to lighten the color!

on 8/5/2011 4:47:00 AM

OK so when I saw this online I thought it would be the perfect nude. In reality this lipstick makes u look like a hooker with almost no lips cause it completely washes you out! I was so disappointed with it that I didn't use it for a year. Then I began to use it over my dark lipsticks to make it lighter and it really did look better. Now I love this lipstick and use it often. I have found that it looks really great with a pigmented pink lipgloss. It's great when used with other products but really unwearable alone.

This is THE BEST nude lipstick I have ever tried. I've been searching for a lipstick like this for years and never been able to find one that met what I wanted, until I found this. It's somewhat like a concealer-on-the-lip shade, but that's sort of what I wanted, and even then, it can be applied lightly and it won't give that "blanked out" effect. It goes on smoothly if your lips are exfoliated, and isn't as drying as some nude colors I've tried. I absolutely love this and I've already bought some backups!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Originally, I applied this like a lipstick and thought holy sh*t this is horrid. I wiped it all off and thought about it. I then LIGHTLY dotted my lips about 3-4 times then smushed my lips together, the results were much better. This is PERFECT for getting rid of my natural mauvey pink pigmented lips. My lips can be such a pain, they always manage to peak though even with opaque lip colors. Natural Nymph is a great solution for hiding my lips before applying a lip color. By doing this, I can achieve wonderful lip colors that won't compete with my natural lip color. This is my first Mineral l/s by E.L.F and I find the texture to be smooth and it feels soft on the lips. I love the packaging too! It looks way more $$$ then it actually is.

on 6/11/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I ordered this and really really wanted it to be a nice pretty nude on me. But it's not. If you have a darker skin tone or yellow/olive skin I'd be careful with this. It made me look like I did the concealer-on-the-lips look.

on 4/11/2011 3:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Why? Whyyy? Whyyyyy did I not check reviews and pics of this crap before I ordered it? I'm usually so good about doing that, but I had read and heard so much about this lip color that I got it with my last ELF haul, which arrived yesterday. Oh, what a mess! I was really looking forward to this lipstick. My lips are pretty red and I have a hard time finding a nice nude. The best I've had so far is the Wet n Wild Bare it All lipstick. This Natural Nymph is effin horrible on me! I cannot believe it! It did even worse than the "erase your lips" look, which I am not a fan of, no offense to those who like it, but geeeez, it was almost white on my lips! I am fair skinned with sort of a yellow undertone, brown eyes, and black hair (natural black, not dyed goth kid black) so you get that I really do have some contrast going on with my coloring...but anyway, I just don't know who this would look good on. It has to look good on someone, because a lot of women like it, but I just need to see more pictures of girls wearing this just so I can see who the eff it looks good on! I wish I knew someone who it would look good on to give it to them so it's not completely wasted. I need to find a way to use it...To each their own, of course. Not trashing anyone who doesn't agree with my makeup taste. But I'm so upset. It's only $5, BUT, for ELF, that is expensive, if that makes sense. Everything else is a dollar or maybe 3 for studio products, but this mineral sheet for $5 to make me look like I just put baby diaper creme on my mouth. And, we all know that ELF doesn't do returns or exchanges. Anyway, good packaging and all, and I like the dollar lipsticks a lot, and a ton of other ELF products, but this color was just a miss for me. If you can find it in a store and see it close up, do that, cuz if you get it online and you open your package at home and see that the color is not what you thought, you're stuck with it. And I don't even know anyone who I could give this lipstick to. Oh well. Win some, lose some.

on 4/7/2011 9:22:00 PM

So, I have read a lot of the negative reviews about this lipstick and I can see where what everyone was saying is very true. Here is the thing about this lipstick.....you have to really be into the nude lip. I mean REALLY into the nude lip! I like chalky lipsticks which is not the case probably for most girls. I like it because I can work with it using other products and create the nude lip that I like. There are so many peachy nudes out there but it is hard to find the cool toned nude that almost has a touch of gray to it. That is what looks good on me.......a more cool pink nude instead of peachy tan/brown nude. So.........for me this works. I would not just put it on and go though. I either use a gloss or other lipstick to give it some slip and add dimension. I find this to be a soft lipstick....have had one just break off at the base so I don't think it is super dry. For the price, I will always have a few of these laying around!

on 4/7/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to receive the products I ordered but this lipstick makes me look dead!! ill try pairing it with pink lipsticks but so far booo!

on 3/31/2011 6:43:00 PM

Great lipstick, it is the perfect nude and does rival mac's myth. I find this one to be a more smooth application. I did get a backup of this, however I do not sport the nude look that much. It is up in my swap list if anyone is interested. Unused!

Recommended for Medium Skin