April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Treatments - Ion - Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by donnagonz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

a bunch of my already-thin hair fell out after a two week stay in the hospital. i starting using the reconstructor twice a week, leaving it on up to a hour at a time, covered with a hot towel. within about six weeks, most of my hair has returned, my bald spots are all filled in, and my hair seems to be in better condition than before. and, for who knows what reason, my hair is a little wavier and darker than before it fell out. remember, this is a reconstructor, not a conditioner. and, oh yeah, it has a great smell-almonds. it is truly a miracle product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Thunderblitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot of reconstructors, Emergencee, Joico, Penetraitt, and this beats them hands down. I'm so glad I read the reviews here and gave it a try. After the first treatment, my hair felt thicker and seriously, looked in as good as shape as natural virgin hair when I was about 14. It's also highly economical compared to other treatments, just about $11 for a huge bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by NicoleNightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hair Type: Naturally Curly Hair that is now Relaxed
Goal: Stronger, Softer, Shinier Hair
Results: BINGO! Stronger, Softer, Shinier Hair ;)

Summary:
This is my go to protein treatment. I have naturally porous hair (means: holes in my hair follicle) and then I recently decided to add to that porosity by relaxing my hair (chemical treatments eat even more holes into your hair)
I've worn my hair curly pretty much all of my life and I wanted a change, one of the problems with wearing my hair straight was my ends always looked so dry. No matter how often I cut them, they looked like I hadn't received a trim in years, when I was dusting them and trimming them often. I then realized that it must be something wrong with the hair shaft itself and found out it was a symptom called 'high porosity'. To fill these 'holes' in my hair, it was suggested to add hydrolyzed protein to my hair. In comes ION Reconstructor (hydrolyzed keratin), Ive tried all kinds of protein treatments, this one is the BEST! Even when my hair wasn't relaxed this made my ends and edges look outstanding! Now that my hair is relaxed and I need all the protein I can get, this stuff is a God send. My ends no longer look like they need to be cut and when I use it, it makes my hair feel so soft and it looks brilliantly shiny. Also, I never had a problem with breakage but once I starting using a relaxer, I noticed 'pieces' of hair around the sink. I applied this treatment, and the breakage stopped!

I love the packaging, it's a pump, any hair product with a pump gets an A+ in my book.

I enjoy the smell, it's not too chemical-like or strong.

The price is very good for what you're getting, I purchase the largest bottle. Lasts a long time.

I would rate the protein intensity of this treatment as moderate. It is safe enough to use once maybe even twice a week on chemically treated hair. Always condition your hair after a protein treatment.

How I use it: I rinse my hair of any oils, if I had a conditioner or some form of leave-in in my hair, then I shampoo it clean with my Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo. After rinsing (either with just water or shampoo) Mind you, I do this under hot water to encourage my hair to absorb the treatment. After rinsing, while still in the shower I squeeze as much water out of my hair that I can (gently), to leave it mostly damp. Then in sections, I start applying the Reconstructor. I make sure that is coats every single strand of hair, concentrating on and massaging on the ends. Once Ive applied it to my entire head, I pull it up and let it sit under a plastic cap for 30 minutes. Once I wash it out, my hair is shinier, stronger and healthier looking. Again, remember to Condition your hair after any protein treatment.

If you don't have porous hair, or chemically treated hair, don't use this! It's like eating when you're full, don't blame the product because you used it when you didn't need to.

This stuff is awesome!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Ser3nity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this stuff! I recently had some blonde pieces put into my over-processed hair which took two applications. Needless to say, the blonde pieces came out a little fried. I headed over to Sally's a few days later and purchased this, the Ion lusterizing cream, and the Ion flat-iron protection. I've been using the repair cream for about 2 weeks now, 2 times a week, and the difference in my hair is already noticeable! The blonde pieces don't feel like they're going to break off with the slightest touch anymore.

This stuff smells great and is really easy to use. The price is great, too, especially if you have a Club Card. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Tali7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Omg omg omg. Ok let me start by saying I NEVER judge/review something the first time I use it. This, however, is an exception.

A bit of background on my hair: years of straightening, coloring, bleaching...you name it, my hair has suffered it..has left my hair damaged, coarse, porous and frizzy. I recently asked for my hair to be ombré-ed at the salon, only to come out with orange hair and an inch of dark roots. After that nightmare I think my hair just gave up. Couldn't even get a brush through it. I had it cut from bra strap to collarbone and dyed it back dark brown, vowing to never dye it again!

However, since that my hair has been even coarser and more damaged than ever, and doesn't hold colour. So I decided to try a protein treatment, knowing that most protein-heavy products make my hair worse than ever! Last straw though!

So, based on the reviews, I bought a sachet (for a bargain price of £1.25) of ion reconstructor treatment. I shampooed as normal, then applied half the sachet to my hair, left for 10mins or so, then left conditioner on my hair for about 20mins.

My hair now: has never felt so good!!! Silky, frizz free (literally all I did was blow dry, instinctively turn my straighteners on, jaw dropped as I looked in mirror, and turned my straighteners off again!!) my layers are a bit flicky, but no frizz. I can't explain how good it looks and feels; no words will do justice!

If you have damaged hair, I beg you to buy this. I don't know how I'm going to resist using this every wash, but I know that too much protein is just as bad as too little.

Buy this if you want to have healthy, sleek and manageable hair again. End of!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this product a fortnight ago and i think its AMAZING! ive used it twice so far (once a week) and it is really helping my bleached hair look better and feel stronger! the smell is lovely, i just find it weird that the conditioner looks like shampoo? and after rinsing i put a little conditioner in too to make it softer! well worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this re-constructor. I would consider this product to be a light-medium protein treatment because you can use it up to twice a week if you need to.
My hair tends to be sensitive to keratin/protein but this products works well with my hair. I love the way it smells and I love the way it foams when I am massaging it through. It feels like it really penetrates my strands and keeps them strong but soft at the same time. The packaging is perfect and ensures that too much product will not be used. The price is well worth it. I was a long time user of Aphogee and Joico re-constructors but this is my new hg!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by smashvanweeda

I've been highlighting my hair for about 5 years. At one point, my sister who was in beauty school decided to bleach my WHOLE head. I've also died it brown. Needless to say, my hair was very damaged. I stopped straightening it and blow drying it in hopes of rescuing it. I also tried a lot of different conditioners, including Joico. I think this is way better. My stylist said that my hair looked and felt healthier and thicker, as well as family and friends. The consistency is a little watery, which I thought was weird but I towel dry my hair while in the shower and let this sit for 10 minutes, and then rinse with a conditioner and it works wonders! If you want healthy hair- Give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

My hair loves this. I use it 1X a week left on for 10min followed by a moisturizing conditioner. I noticed a difference in one use. The consistency threw me off at first. It's runny and egg like almost? But it works amazing, better than the Nioxin reconstructor I used to love for half the price. It's also much easier using and IMO just as effective as the Aphogee dry-in protein treatment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff made my hair feel amazing. I used this once last year and hated it, my hair felt hard and sticky and weird. But then I found out you have to condition after protein treatments! That was something I hadn't done the last time. So I tried it again this week, and I'm loving it!

I have very fine hair, bra length hair (uncolored) that is heat damaged (I used to blow dry every other day but I recently cut down). I shampooed, towel dried, and worked a third of the small packet all over my whole head, with extra focus on the ends. After letting it sit, I rinsed, and thickly applied my regular conditioner to my whole head and rinsed after 3 minutes. My hair felt so amazing. The next day I washed and conditioned like I normally would, and my hair still felt so great, it felt stronger and it was much more manageable and smooth.

Also, this has keratin in it. My hair hates soy protein or wheat protein (dries it out and tangles it, so I avoid shampoos/conditioners with this in it) so if your hair is the same, give this a try.

I will definitely buy again. When I run out of the small packet, I'm buying the bottle.