Ion Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor

4.3

WATER ,DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIPROPIONATE ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,LECITHIN ,POLYQUATERNIUM-10 ,MAGNESIUM SULFATE ,METHYLPARABEN ,COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE ,GLYCOL STEARATE ,CITRIC ACID ,FRAGRANCE ,IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA ,ZINC CHLORIDE ,MANGANESE CHLORIDE ,POLYSORBATE 20 ,TRICLOSAN ,CARAMEL ,YELLOW 5 ,PANTHENOL ,HYDROLYZED KERATIN ,BENZYL CINNAMATE ,COUMARIN ,EUGENOL ,HEXYL CINNAMAL ,HYDROXYCITRONELLOL ,LIMONENE ,LINALOOL

on 2/26/2012 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I LOVE this product, I bleach my hair every four weeks so you could probably imagine how damaged it is. The ends were so fried, when i would apply heat to my hair the ends would just some what melt into a ball. I bought this product at sallys and after just the first use i could tell a difference. My hair is not where i want it yet, but i know without this product i wont be able to get it there. I HIGHLY recommend anyone with damaged hair to buy this product.
UPDATE: After ucing this product a few times I have come to not like it at all. I actually went to walmart and found something that worked GREAT and smelt even better!

on 2/13/2012 6:38:00 AM

I don't want to sound like a cheesy late-night infomercial, but this product saved my hair. Before I went to Sally and tried one of the sample sized packets, I was getting a trim literally every 2-4 weeks instead of the usual 4-6 weeks most people get a trim. I have been trying for almost two years to grow my hair to or past my chest, and all of those trims, while they did rid me of damaged, fried, destroyed hair, they brought me back to almost square one. I have baby fine hair that snarls/tangles easily, and also is somehow extremely porous further down despite only coloring the bottom half of my hair once or twice a year. I am bad and can't stay away from heat, even with good heat protection, my hair was just in horrible condition. I got several packets and used them daily or every other day for 2 weeks after my last trim, and just went back to Sally to get the big bottle. It's a keeper. You can't go wrong for the price. For over 2 weeks, the ends of my hair have been crisp and fresh feeling, even with a new coat of color over them. My hair feels baby soft and the smell is just fabulous.

on 1/9/2012 2:53:00 AM

I got a few of these packets free with packets of bleach. I bleach the ends of my hair every now and then for the ombre look and that comes with a lot of damage. Before I used this, my hair was splitting everywhere, breaking off, and frizzy. I couldn't comb through it with a wide-tooth comb without being afraid of taking off chunks.

This is a protein treatment for porous hair. You need to condition and moisturize your hair after this or it's going to make your hair seem very dry. Protein treatment =/= moisture treatment.

I only use this treatment at the ends (where my hair is bleached) because my hair needs some damage to have any volume. I wet the ends, blot excess water, and coat. Leave in for 45mins to an hour. Shampoo (Tsubaki white, roots only, the shampoo takes off any excess). Condition (Sebastian volupt, ends only). Leave in conditioner (Garnier, which I don't like very much).

I've only used this a handful of times and I'm on my second packet now. The difference is pretty amazing. My hair isn't breaking off, split ends have been reduced by a lot, and it feels smooth as opposed to frizzy.

on 11/6/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't remember the name of the packet that the associates always try to pawn off on you but that's what I'm trying to review. I don't know why they try to sell them like they're gold but they suck. To my virgin hair this stuff isn't even close to a normal conditioner. In fact a normal conditioner moisturizers more than this. Not to mention if they tried to pawn this off on someone with fried hair. Then well yeah it's not going to do anything.

on 10/4/2011 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wish that like mostly everyone else here on this page, I had a rave review to write. While I can say that Ion's Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor certainly hasn't damaged, harmed or made my hair any worse, I'm also not really sure if I could attribute my hair's health to this either.
When I bought this product, my hair was in the most awful state that it's ever been due to this crippling combination of back-combing, dyeing and using too much heat. A sales attendant at a local Sally's recommended this to me and I walked away with a couple of the small packs (which are good for two uses on my long thick hair). My stylist also advocated the use of protein (after she cut my dead ends off and gave me a fresh start), though only once every 3-4 weeks. I was somewhat surprised when I first used this on my hair.
The texture is very thick and gooey...almost like beaten eggs before they are poured into the skillet to make an omelet. This stuff smells almost like bubble gum to me as well. Though I was told by the Sally's employee that I should see a difference immediately after using it and had read that others had the same experience, that wasn't the case for me. Sure, my hair is soft after using this but not really any softer than it is when I skip the protein treatment and use just my deep conditioner. Even after incorporating this into my hair regimen (I've been using it for about 3 months now) I'm still losing quite of a bit of my hair, though I have no really discernible damage anymore. When I use this, I typically leave it on for an entire hour or so, then do the same with my weekly deep conditioner.
I think that for me, this is mostly just a maintenance sort of product that isn't instantaneous and doesn't seem to absolutely work wonders. It just sort of aids my general routine in a pretty subtle manner. Eh.

on 9/7/2011 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Well, I've certainly learned a lot about what *not* to do to my hair since damaging it pretty badly in a home hair coloring disaster a little over 2-1/2 years ago. But such newly accumulated knowledge also means that I also slowly absorbed what I *should* do! And reading about and then using this product definitely has been a saving grace for my hair!

My hair is very porous, coarse, thick and wavy. Hot, humid summers are a never ending frizzy nightmare for me even when my hair isn't damaged. I am never happier than when the leaves on the trees start to turn which means months of sleeker, shinier hair. Finally some relief and some good hair days! But until then, my hair definitely needs a lot of help!

Enter Ion Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor. Leaving it on my hair once a week for 45 minutes under a shower cap helps smooth and control it, making me more presentable. (Trust me, I can look quite cavewoman-ish otherwise!) After rinsing out the Reconstructor, always use a good, thick conditioner (Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo works best for me). Your hair will definitely thank you.

on 8/14/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

a bunch of my already-thin hair fell out after a two week stay in the hospital. i starting using the reconstructor twice a week, leaving it on up to a hour at a time, covered with a hot towel. within about six weeks, most of my hair has returned, my bald spots are all filled in, and my hair seems to be in better condition than before. and, for who knows what reason, my hair is a little wavier and darker than before it fell out. remember, this is a reconstructor, not a conditioner. and, oh yeah, it has a great smell-almonds. it is truly a miracle product for me.

I've tried a lot of reconstructors, Emergencee, Joico, Penetraitt, and this beats them hands down. I'm so glad I read the reviews here and gave it a try. After the first treatment, my hair felt thicker and seriously, looked in as good as shape as natural virgin hair when I was about 14. It's also highly economical compared to other treatments, just about $11 for a huge bottle.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Hair Type: Naturally Curly Hair that is now Relaxed
Goal: Stronger, Softer, Shinier Hair
Results: BINGO! Stronger, Softer, Shinier Hair ;)

Summary:
This is my go to protein treatment. I have naturally porous hair (means: holes in my hair follicle) and then I recently decided to add to that porosity by relaxing my hair (chemical treatments eat even more holes into your hair)
I've worn my hair curly pretty much all of my life and I wanted a change, one of the problems with wearing my hair straight was my ends always looked so dry. No matter how often I cut them, they looked like I hadn't received a trim in years, when I was dusting them and trimming them often. I then realized that it must be something wrong with the hair shaft itself and found out it was a symptom called 'high porosity'. To fill these 'holes' in my hair, it was suggested to add hydrolyzed protein to my hair. In comes ION Reconstructor (hydrolyzed keratin), Ive tried all kinds of protein treatments, this one is the BEST! Even when my hair wasn't relaxed this made my ends and edges look outstanding! Now that my hair is relaxed and I need all the protein I can get, this stuff is a God send. My ends no longer look like they need to be cut and when I use it, it makes my hair feel so soft and it looks brilliantly shiny. Also, I never had a problem with breakage but once I starting using a relaxer, I noticed 'pieces' of hair around the sink. I applied this treatment, and the breakage stopped!

I love the packaging, it's a pump, any hair product with a pump gets an A+ in my book.

I enjoy the smell, it's not too chemical-like or strong.

The price is very good for what you're getting, I purchase the largest bottle. Lasts a long time.

I would rate the protein intensity of this treatment as moderate. It is safe enough to use once maybe even twice a week on chemically treated hair. Always condition your hair after a protein treatment.

How I use it: I rinse my hair of any oils, if I had a conditioner or some form of leave-in in my hair, then I shampoo it clean with my Giovanni 50:50 Shampoo. After rinsing (either with just water or shampoo) Mind you, I do this under hot water to encourage my hair to absorb the treatment. After rinsing, while still in the shower I squeeze as much water out of my hair that I can (gently), to leave it mostly damp. Then in sections, I start applying the Reconstructor. I make sure that is coats every single strand of hair, concentrating on and massaging on the ends. Once Ive applied it to my entire head, I pull it up and let it sit under a plastic cap for 30 minutes. Once I wash it out, my hair is shinier, stronger and healthier looking. Again, remember to Condition your hair after any protein treatment.

If you don't have porous hair, or chemically treated hair, don't use this! It's like eating when you're full, don't blame the product because you used it when you didn't need to.

This stuff is awesome!

on 7/19/2011 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff! I recently had some blonde pieces put into my over-processed hair which took two applications. Needless to say, the blonde pieces came out a little fried. I headed over to Sally's a few days later and purchased this, the Ion lusterizing cream, and the Ion flat-iron protection. I've been using the repair cream for about 2 weeks now, 2 times a week, and the difference in my hair is already noticeable! The blonde pieces don't feel like they're going to break off with the slightest touch anymore.

This stuff smells great and is really easy to use. The price is great, too, especially if you have a Club Card. I highly recommend it!