Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

4.4

water, propanediol, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethiconol, hydroxypropylcellulose, hydrolised wheat protein pg-propyl silanetriol, aloe, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolised corn starch, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, sodium magnesium silicate, hydroxypropyl guar, pvp, fragrance, ethylhexylglycerin, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid

on 8/23/2011 12:03:00 AM

HG HG HG! I love this product. Makes my hair sleek and shiney and prepares it for straightning. Apply a dime size amount through damp hair and your ready to go!

on 8/13/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Thanks to the wonderful reviews, I picked this up at the Aveda store last night. I used it today and the shine is incredible. It also has heat protection in it, so it works for just about everything. Yes, the price may be steep. But I was buying Shu Essence Absolue. This is so much better and less than half the price. Thanks Aveda, another awesome product.

on 8/11/2011 12:52:00 AM

This is the best straightening product I've ever used. I have thick, wavy/ curly, frizzy hair and it's always a challenge to get the perfect blowout. This stuff is excellent, it cuts down on drying time and I don't have to flat iron my hair after using it. I've tried a couple others, but keep coming back to this one. Plus, it lasts a while. I had my first tube for almost a year.

on 4/2/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product. I've used lots of serums, gels, and leave in creams for my hair since I frequently use heat on my hair. It really makes my hair feel smooth and sleek after blow drying or straightening. My favorite thing about this gloss is that it's super light weight and a little bit goes a long way. I wish it was cheaper but I'm thinking this will last me a while since I don't use it everyday.
Would I buy again: probably unless I find something cheaper.

on 2/1/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I've been telling everyone about it since I tried it. I have naturally curly hair that I wear straight 98% of the time. Because I have no chemicals in my hair to relax the curl, typically my hair would "poof" and frizz at the hint of any moisture in the air, if I sweat or anything. I would often wear my hair pulled back in an effort to control it. Well after using this product I have no more problems, With this product in my hair I can stay outside, go to the gym, do whatever and my hair will not frizz.It's amazing! I use it a little different than the instructions though. Instead of adding to my hair when it's damp, I sit under the dryer for a short time and then add this right before I flat iron.

on 1/6/2011 8:42:00 PM

Love this! I put it in my hair after the style-prep smoother when my hair is about half way dry. They blow dry and style as usual (which is usually straight with a flat iron). It does a great job of keeping my hair from getting frizzy and adds a nice gloss. Would definitely repurchase.

on 9/23/2010 2:59:00 PM

Big Fan. A tiny drop is just enough for my shoulder lenght hair so the bottle will probably last forever. I really DO notice a difference. First, my hair just feels silky, not at all oily and almost no frizzys and fly-a-ways which have always been a problem for me. A little expensive but since you use so little, I can easily justify the expense. I didn't give 5 lippies b/c I like to wash my hair every two days and I cannot use this on my 2nd day...then it would be oily.

on 8/11/2010 7:15:00 PM

8 weeks ago I went to an Aveda salon to get my hair cut and colored and this was one of two products that the stylist used on me, the other being Phomollient Styling Foam. I ended up purchasing them both even though I was confused about using them together. At home I experimented and really fell in love with this product, not so much the Phomollient though. I have shoulder length hair and use just a pea size amount, rub my hand together, them pull my hair through my fingers starting with the ends, then the layers, and finally the area around my bangs. That seems to be enough. I follow up with blowdrying and occasionally using a flatiorn. Although it's not made to it does give my hair excellent body that I don't normally have and my style hold very well. When I flatiron I can see the shine. It's a little pricy but I imagine it will last a year given the small amount I use.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the way it made my hair slide through the straightening iron and how my hair wasn't affected by humidity, but it broke me out around m hairline:(

on 7/4/2010 2:11:00 PM

My hair has never looked better. I have wavy hair that I straighten with a flat iron. I use this along with the SI shampoo conditioner. I love the scent. These products definitely protect and repair my hair from any heat damage caused from blow drying and flat ironing. I find that the results definitely justify the cost of these products. This provides a protective shield on my hair prior to blow drying and flat ironing. It also smooths any potential flyaway hair, and keeps my hair from becoming frizzy in the humidity. Highly recommended. I continue to repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Final Results of Aveda's Naturally Straight after 5 Uses. 4A, 4B, 4C & 4Z hair by Brandie Jeanette

How to Straighten Kinky Hair With Aveda's Naturally Straight. 4A, 4B, 4C , 4Z Type Hair by Brandie Jeanette