December 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by KClark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I've been telling everyone about it since I tried it. I have naturally curly hair that I wear straight 98% of the time. Because I have no chemicals in my hair to relax the curl, typically my hair would "poof" and frizz at the hint of any moisture in the air, if I sweat or anything. I would often wear my hair pulled back in an effort to control it. Well after using this product I have no more problems, With this product in my hair I can stay outside, go to the gym, do whatever and my hair will not frizz.It's amazing! I use it a little different than the instructions though. Instead of adding to my hair when it's damp, I sit under the dryer for a short time and then add this right before I flat iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

Love this! I put it in my hair after the style-prep smoother when my hair is about half way dry. They blow dry and style as usual (which is usually straight with a flat iron). It does a great job of keeping my hair from getting frizzy and adds a nice gloss. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Big Fan. A tiny drop is just enough for my shoulder lenght hair so the bottle will probably last forever. I really DO notice a difference. First, my hair just feels silky, not at all oily and almost no frizzys and fly-a-ways which have always been a problem for me. A little expensive but since you use so little, I can easily justify the expense. I didn't give 5 lippies b/c I like to wash my hair every two days and I cannot use this on my 2nd day...then it would be oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by mladyd

8 weeks ago I went to an Aveda salon to get my hair cut and colored and this was one of two products that the stylist used on me, the other being Phomollient Styling Foam. I ended up purchasing them both even though I was confused about using them together. At home I experimented and really fell in love with this product, not so much the Phomollient though. I have shoulder length hair and use just a pea size amount, rub my hand together, them pull my hair through my fingers starting with the ends, then the layers, and finally the area around my bangs. That seems to be enough. I follow up with blowdrying and occasionally using a flatiorn. Although it's not made to it does give my hair excellent body that I don't normally have and my style hold very well. When I flatiron I can see the shine. It's a little pricy but I imagine it will last a year given the small amount I use.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by hillarylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the way it made my hair slide through the straightening iron and how my hair wasn't affected by humidity, but it broke me out around m hairline:(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Jassmin

My hair has never looked better. I have wavy hair that I straighten with a flat iron. I use this along with the SI shampoo conditioner. I love the scent. These products definitely protect and repair my hair from any heat damage caused from blow drying and flat ironing. I find that the results definitely justify the cost of these products. This provides a protective shield on my hair prior to blow drying and flat ironing. It also smooths any potential flyaway hair, and keeps my hair from becoming frizzy in the humidity. Highly recommended. I continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by shopping341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to only use this when I straightened my curly hair, and it helped it to straighten easier and kept it straight longer--after 3 days it would still be (mostly!) straight. However, I was just at La Pompene and my stylist recommended that I use this whenever I wear my hair curly also, and I do like the results. It turns my naturally curly hair into these pretty, beachy waves. It's pretty expensive though, and I only use a little bit on my hair sometimes (I have to steal it from my mom :)).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Looks like I'm going to be in the minority here. For some reason this didn't work that great on me. I put a tiny amount of this into my ends before I blowdry my hair and it doesn't give me much shine at all. Also I've noticed that it makes my ends get this crunchy texture that it doesn't have when I don't use this. For the price and the lack of positive effect on my hair, I can't justify repurchasing this. On the plus side, I adore the smell of the product and you do get HEAPS of product. I'm sad to say that this will not form part of my regular hair routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

I like this but I don't think its right for my hair type (fine) so I barely use it. I feel like if I get a little too much my hair is greasy and is ruined for the day. Its hard for me to judge how much I should use. But I think for someone with more hair or not such fine hair it would be a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by LvrsVixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after having this bottle on my stand for 3 months and never trying it i finally gave it a go. the results are amazing. this protects my hair from damage and heat. not only do i use it on myself but my clients as well