April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by mladyd

8 weeks ago I went to an Aveda salon to get my hair cut and colored and this was one of two products that the stylist used on me, the other being Phomollient Styling Foam. I ended up purchasing them both even though I was confused about using them together. At home I experimented and really fell in love with this product, not so much the Phomollient though. I have shoulder length hair and use just a pea size amount, rub my hand together, them pull my hair through my fingers starting with the ends, then the layers, and finally the area around my bangs. That seems to be enough. I follow up with blowdrying and occasionally using a flatiorn. Although it's not made to it does give my hair excellent body that I don't normally have and my style hold very well. When I flatiron I can see the shine. It's a little pricy but I imagine it will last a year given the small amount I use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by hillarylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the way it made my hair slide through the straightening iron and how my hair wasn't affected by humidity, but it broke me out around m hairline:(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Jassmin

My hair has never looked better. I have wavy hair that I straighten with a flat iron. I use this along with the SI shampoo conditioner. I love the scent. These products definitely protect and repair my hair from any heat damage caused from blow drying and flat ironing. I find that the results definitely justify the cost of these products. This provides a protective shield on my hair prior to blow drying and flat ironing. It also smooths any potential flyaway hair, and keeps my hair from becoming frizzy in the humidity. Highly recommended. I continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by shopping341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to only use this when I straightened my curly hair, and it helped it to straighten easier and kept it straight longer--after 3 days it would still be (mostly!) straight. However, I was just at La Pompene and my stylist recommended that I use this whenever I wear my hair curly also, and I do like the results. It turns my naturally curly hair into these pretty, beachy waves. It's pretty expensive though, and I only use a little bit on my hair sometimes (I have to steal it from my mom :)).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Looks like I'm going to be in the minority here. For some reason this didn't work that great on me. I put a tiny amount of this into my ends before I blowdry my hair and it doesn't give me much shine at all. Also I've noticed that it makes my ends get this crunchy texture that it doesn't have when I don't use this. For the price and the lack of positive effect on my hair, I can't justify repurchasing this. On the plus side, I adore the smell of the product and you do get HEAPS of product. I'm sad to say that this will not form part of my regular hair routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

I like this but I don't think its right for my hair type (fine) so I barely use it. I feel like if I get a little too much my hair is greasy and is ruined for the day. Its hard for me to judge how much I should use. But I think for someone with more hair or not such fine hair it would be a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by LvrsVixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after having this bottle on my stand for 3 months and never trying it i finally gave it a go. the results are amazing. this protects my hair from damage and heat. not only do i use it on myself but my clients as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on the suggestion of my stylist and I'm glad I made this investment. I apply it only to the ends of my hair to protect it from breakage and damage from the heat of blow drying and flat ironing. To me it preforms miracles of keeping my hair smooth, healthy looking, and super soft. Love this stuff and will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jlander5

okay granted I did work for Aveda but after moving over to sephora I still go to this as my hg when I straighten my hair. I have dark, medium length, thick, super wavy hair, I mix this with moraccan oil in my hand and put it on my ends when they are damp. It gives me the smoothest sleekest hair. Its awesome. It is expensive but you only need a pea size or smaller so it will last you FOREVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by blotto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the recommendation of my stylist. I tend to be a cheapskate w/ hairproducts, if I buy or use any at all. I am glad I 'splurged' on this though. You only need a tiny bit, and it doesn't even feel like you have enough to cover your strands. But once you blow dry, your hair is so silky soft and perfectly frizz-free. My hair is really fine too, and this doesn't make it flat by the end of the day. Considering the size of the tube and how little I need to use, I won't need to buy this again for some time, but it will be worth the splurge again when I do.