April 19, 2014 | 1137 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by nvoest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want to start by saying that I have extremely oily, acne prone skin. I don't actually like most Aveeno products but thought I would try it on the recommendation of a friend, and I must say I love it! It makes my skin feel like velvet and while I am very oily it doesn't make it worse (I have given up looking for something to make the oiliness go away). It even cleared my skin up I think. The coverage is light and it makes my skin look really healthy. I think it is a bit expensive but I am finding it lasts a ridiculously long time so it works out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by xClairex547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked this TM it provided light coverage which i like. I have this in the shade fair to light. I did not like how this was a little too dark for my skin. If i put too much of this on it looked orange so you only need to use a little of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by carrie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is thicker than most foundations I've used, and not in a good way. It didn't spread well so it was hard to get a light layer, which is what I needed. I tried mixing it with my Eucerine spf 30 moisturizer and that thinned it out and helped a bit, but the color was still too dark and oxidized.

I'm very pale and got the lightest shade but it was still way too dark, although it definitely provides coverage - almost as much as foundation in my opinion. This really felt and looked like a foundation on me, which is not what I want from a tinted moisturizer.

I don't know that I could recommend this even to people with different skin tones than mine - it was so heavy and oxidized so badly that you might as well get a foundation in the right color.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by aurayvoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a product that felt light with some type of coverage to use as my everyday for class and work, instead of "wasting" my $40 foundation on days that I don't feel like wearing much make-up. (This was also before the BB/CC cream craze)

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking to use this as I was^, don't buy it. For the price of around $13 in my area, I would not buy again.

It's coverage is very very light. Basically no type of coverage at all once you apply it even though it says it's "tinted." Another downfall for me is that it leaves you with a slight sheen, which may probably be from the SPF that's in it. I'm not sure if it's the sunscreen or the moisturizer part of this product but it leaves a weird feeling on your face after application; almost feels heavier than my normal foundation, especially if you have it on for more than a few hours. It didn't seem to have any benefits for my skin either after a few weeks of using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mlyreview

I've used this for about two years now and I really like it! I got it in a shade medium and it's almost too light for me in the spring to fall, but in the winter, it's alright. It's seems like it is a red undertone, and I'm a yellow undertone. I feel like after a few minutes of this moisturizer oxidizing, it blends in really well with my skin tone.

Cons:
comes two shades only (light and medium)
there's little glitters in it, which I sort of don't like.

Pros:
light, breathable
improves skin tone
improves acne problems
lasts very long!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in MEDIUM sheer tint SPF 30. This color was PERFECT & sheer for my winter NC25 skin (I try to match the color to my neck). It evened out my complexion and looked like I wasn't wearing anything. I loved that it was a tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 and that it was broad spectrum, but after 2-3 weeks of using this daily I GOT A TON OF WHITEHEADS. This almost NEVER happens to me. It took a while for them to go away, but the damage was done.... my skin is sensitive now and nothing else I put on it seems to make my skin less confused.

And I agree with a review below, it has NO staying power whatsoever, dries the skin out to flakes & it balls up.

I still have a whole bottle left and am sad to be tossing $15 into the trash, but I would not give this to a friend to try because of what it did to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kamakyri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the SPF 30, Fair to Light, tinted moisturizer. I wasn't sure if I would like this product because I'm not typically a fan of shimmer in products but I'm really glad I gave this product a chance. I have combination skin that is also sensitive - i.e. I get oily patches, dry patches, I break out easily and get red and itchy from certain ingredients. I decided to try this since I need a sunblock and don't want to layer too many products during the daytime. I actually am impressed with the slight tint and shimmer - it makes my skin look really healthy and moisturized. It's not heavy nor greasy (especially compared to other sunblocks). It's also one of the few products that doesn't emphasize my dry flakes (with foundations and BB creams tend to do for me). I use a little powder on my nose to make sure it doesn't shine too much but other than that, I use a little bit of concealer on a few blemishes. My skin looks very natural and more vibrant.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by carmenle22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First i have very oily skin and acne scars. It has great glow and shimmer and coverage is light to medium. i did not like that it did not fully cover my scars and does come onto clothing. by 10 am i am oily and fades a bit. so i think works well for someone with dry skin and not too many scars or spots on the face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I would buy this again in the summer, when I'm tan. I love the Positively Radiant non-tinted moisturizer, so, I thought I would give this a try. This product oxidizes like crazy. The color is very warm and limited in range. Also, the formula is not as moisturizing as the non-tinted version. Overall, I like the idea, but don't like looking like I've had a fake tan.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm going to begin by saying that I do not like to dislike products. In fact, when I buy products that do not work for me... I keep them in hope of finding uses for them/perhaps my skin will change during the year and it might work for me then.

Um. No. This product is just no. No. No.

- Colour range is not the best
- Gives a slight tint
- Not moisturising at all
- Shows the dry flakes on your face (even if you exfoliate before hand)! (Especially around the nose if you have them)
- WARNING: I urge everyone to dry this experiment at home. Swatch a good patch on your hand and rub it in as normal. Leave it to set/dry. Now rub the same spot again. IT BALLS UP AND FLAKES OFF. THIS PRODUCT HAS NO LONGEVITY!
- The pump is sturdy and it has a lock mechanism so that's nice
- The nozzle however CLOGS. So when you go to pump a new pump, there is a rubbery dried up piece that comes out along with some clear liquid at the tip of nozzle.

Bad formulation. Would not recommend. Would not buy again. Wasted $25AUD on this at Priceline.

Don't fall for this. You can buy Bourjois Healthy Mix SERUM and have your face hydrated with a tint. This product was bad.