Philosophy Eye Hope Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream

2.8

Water, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Niacinamide, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3, Beta-Glucan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Allantoin, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Jojoba Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Leaf/Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glucosyl Hesperidin, C13-15 Alkane, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-14 Isoparaffin, Tris (Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 6/13/2011 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this because of all of the good reviews on the Philosophy website. Even the rep at Sephora raved about it. I could not even give this product a chance to prove itself because it irritated my eyes. Any eye product that stings my skin is not a good product for me.

on 6/5/2011 7:35:00 PM

Unimpressed. I didn't experience the stinging that others have, but this just does nothing for me. It's not completely terrible, just doesn't seem to be doing anything especially noticeable. Too bad, 'cause the price was not terribly expensive, and I liked the fact that you don't need to use a lot at one time.

Time to look for something else ...

Wow surprised this got such low reviews. I love this stuff. This is an amazing eye cream! I haven't had any burning at all, I see fine lines are reduced, puffiness gone (which was a major plus for me) and dark circles diminished. I am so glad I bought this :)

on 5/5/2011 11:24:00 PM

Of all the eye creams I have used, this is the best so far. It does not sting my eyes like some of the other reviewers. There is no heavy fragrance either. It keeps my eyes moisterized and keeps them soft looking. My concealer applies nicely with this. Not sure if it helps with black circles but I have never found an eye cream to do that. I am on my 2nd jar and still have seen no little white bumps like some other creams have done. This is not a miracle but it will work until I find one.

on 3/17/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was looking for an eye cream in Sephora, and tried this. I patted a tiny bit on one eyelid, looked in the mirror and - HOLY YOWZA! It burned like crazy. The salesperson came over and asked me if I needed help finding an eyecream. I said yes, but guess I kept rubbing my eye. He asked me what i put on it, I said this and "it burns." He said "it's because it has retinol in it." Makes sense - you're not supposed to put retinol anywhere near you eyes!! He escorted me to a sink, and I wiped it away. Will never buy. Ever.

on 3/11/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am a bit torn about this product. I was really was excited to try on this product despite the negative reviews. The following are the pros and cons of this product.

PROS:
- I noticed a difference after the first application
-the dark circles and puffiness seems to have decrease a bit
- no stinging when applied

CONS
-It's not moisturizing enough so I do need to apply another eye cream.
- I did see some white spots in the bag area which is odd to me as I have never gotten those before.
- My left bag has developed a slight itch.

Overall, I will keep trying this product for another week, but if these cons don't improve I may just need to get rid of it.

on 3/8/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Holy stinging!!! I like a little tingle because it makes me *think* something is happening but this was actually painful! I continued use and the next night it wasn't so bad and by night 5 I barely noticed it. But wow....that first night was ouchie!

Anyway, besides some puffiness under my eyes the next morning after first use, I noticed no change even after a month. Color me unimpressed, especially for the price.

on 1/31/2011 6:38:00 PM

not only does this sting when I use it, but I got some sort of eye infection immediately after using it. NEVER AGAIN. Terrible.

on 1/29/2011 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have a sample of this stuff. Is it supposed to sting? Ouch! The burning is crazy on me. Why is this making everyone burn so bad? I never have bad reactions to products.

on 1/10/2011 6:27:00 PM

I will never buy this product again! Did not do anything for my eyes. Waste of money. It stings when you apply it to your bare skin around the eye area. I would have to moisturize my eye area with my other skincare products before to prevent it from stinging. :(