Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Snow Blossom

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/26/2008 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

im a dark bronze brown and i use this as a a brow highlighter...it works great for that but i think it is too chalky and grainy for me to use as an eyelid shadow....but other that that its ok......lasting power is not that great either so u should reaply after a few hours....the packaging sucks.....but overall its an ok product

on 11/4/2007 11:31:00 PM

Ugh, the texture on this stuff is horrible. you practically have to scrape it off the little pan because it's not the least bit pigmented. Thank God i got it for a dollar. don't waste your money.

on 5/26/2007 4:45:00 PM

This is the most useless eyeshadow I've ever purchased. Snow Blossom is a sheer white shadow that looked great in the package but I had to practically scrape to put it on and when I finally did put it on there's hardly no pigment at all. The texture is so dry and chalky...it was truly pathetic. I've never thrown away an eyeshadow in my life but this one is going straight to the trash can.

on 11/21/2005 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought this was going to be a nice highlighter for my eyes, which look very tired in the morning. The first time I used it, it was hard to actually get the shadow on my eyelids, because the texture is very dry. But when I managed to scrape some of it onto my eyes, I wasn't that displeased, because it seemed to work fairly well at making me look more woken-up. But then 2 hours passed, and there was no evidence of eyeshadow whatsoever. So that was a little disappointing. I'll probably just keep it and use it but I won't buy it again. Instead, I'd go for a more glittery kind.

on 8/28/2005 6:42:00 AM

I bought this because now available in pan form to fit in my palettes. It is your basic white, no iridescent undertones, shimmer, etc. It would probably work better on someone with paler skin tone on lid, or highlighter on darker tone. I found my whites need some kick or they get kicked to the curb. However, I am going to play around mixing with my frostier shadows and see what happens...

on 5/26/2005 8:10:00 PM

You know, it's not so bad. I can say that because I'm wearing CG on one eye and Lancome on the other today (very similar colors, lol) for the purpose of this review. I can pretty much echo the complaints of other reviewers:

The texture is chalky and dry, not horribly so, but the CG eye had a bunch of white dust fall onto the lashes and the Lancome eye did not. This explains how when I was a teenager and learning to apply makeup I could NEVER add eyeshadow after mascara, but now I do it all the time. The dry texture also makes it harder to blend with other colors.

The color could definitely be more pigmented. I like color that's buildable, so I'm not bothered by a sheer finish at first swipe, but this didn't really build up to much, and I tried. There's just only so much powder that will stick before it starts falling on your lashes: see above comment. Comparing the two eyes, I can see little blue veins on the CG eyelid but not on the Lancome one.

Furthermore, it's fading quickly. I actually preferred the CG eye at first because the white was more cool and crisp, giving me a nifty highlight, but after about three hours the Lancome eye looks brighter.

The good points are the price, naturally, and the color, a cool, matte white which has a lot of potential as a highlighter. If you can afford it, I would advise a higher end brand because eyeshadow is one of those products where it seems to make a difference, but overall, it's not bad. It's functional. I'll hang onto it.

on 2/22/2005 6:44:00 PM

I usually love CoverGirl Eye Enhancers, but the Snow Blossom color was horrible. Much harder to apply than the other colors and did not go on well, leaves a cakey feeling and makes eyes look awful compared to other white shadows. The only use I can find for it is very light application on the brow bone or inner eye. I would never recommend sweeping it across the entire eye for a base color. Yeech.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

there is no pigmentation in this one whatsoever....it looks pure white on the package but when u glide it on ur eyelids......it basically blends with the color of ur skin.....its as if ur not wearing any eyeshadow.....this was pretty disappointing......so for now,im just using it as a wash....even though its less than $3...i would never repurchase this particular color..for reference,im C5/NC35

on 10/25/2004 9:24:00 PM

I'm not a huge fan of this. It is a matte white shadow. I bought it to use as a highlighter, but it doesn't have any shimmer to it so I basically have no use for it since white doesn't really look good on me as a shadow.

on 3/9/2004 3:39:00 PM

I love this shade! It looks white in the package but is actually a sheer white with subtle shimmer. It is a perfect wake-up for tired eyes. I run some along my lower lids and inside corners of my eyes and I look awake even if I feel tired.