Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.0%)(Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Salix Nigra Bark Extract (Willow), Coco Betaine, Betaine, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract (Beet), Oenothera Biennis Leaf Extract (Evening Primrose), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Glycerin, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco Glucoside, Fragrance, Glucose, Alcohol Denat., Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol

Got this as a gift and although I don't have acne I thought I would give it a try instead of my usual AHA wash. It is great. I just put a little smear on to a warm face cloth and suds it up all over my face except my eyes. It cleans really well including removing makeup and leaves my skin soft and clean. I then rinse well with warm water. As I only use such a small amount the bottle has lasted me for months! Job done!

This is the first product i've used from burt's and bees' natural acne solutions.
I got this product after a desperate attempt to get rid of a bunch of breakouts (due to the clarisonic), and i was on the hunt for a natural/organic face cleanser but that was also affordable and easy to get.
I finally chose this product and i am glad i did.
This product didn't miraculously take away my acne, cold turkey, but it did help a lot.
It took me about a month for my face to finally start clearing up with this product.
I started using this product day and night, but i figured that it was too drying on my skin. (combo, sensitive skin)
The fact that is a gel is a bonus for me, i prefer cleansers to be gel and foam up.
So i got the clarins cleansing milk for morning and the burt's and bees acne solutions cleanser for night.
Then a toner.
I love how this product cleanses your face very well, even when i have my bb cream on, i test it out with the toner and i barely have any residue.
I've figured the more product you use on to cleanse your face the more it will dry your skin after using. So i say, a small amount would be enough, it really depends on your skin type.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this in the acne kit. It smells good and works well at keeping acne at bay.... but it is horrible at removing makeup. It also doesnt lather much, which I dont like. I will stick to my original, tried and true Clearasil Sensitive face wash. I do like to use this after exfoliating to remove residue, so I will use the rest of the bottle but I will not be buying a new one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

average gel cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I didn't like it. I have combination skin and this product made my skin very dry. I wanted to like it since I usually love Burt's Bees products, but a short while after starting to use this, my skin started breaking out, and I'm convinced it was this. I'm still trying to get over that breakout that it caused me. If you want a better Burt's Bees acne product, you should try their Anti Blemish Pore Refining Scrub or their Soap Bark and Chamomile Cream Cleanser, which I switched back to and am using now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love This! It is so gentle yet it cleanses really well. I have oily skin and this takes off all the oil without drying out my skin. Usually I would like something a little more drying but this is perfect. Also keep in mind that you have to look into your diet and lifestyle to get to the root cause of breakouts. (For instance, going paleo improved my skin dramatically) acne is usually an internal thing for most people even if its genetic. But anyways, love this face wash [:

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use it with the other Burt's Bees "Natural Acne Solutions" set, so overall, I love the whole line of these products. I have used other products before for acne, like Proactiv (clear skin but too harsh), Clinique, Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, etc. etc. None of them worked for me. However with Burt's bees, it didn't necessarily clear away my acne in one night but slowly improved my skin overall. My skin felt healthy and like it could breathe and I think that in effect improved my acne. If you do try to use it, use it with other Burt's Bees products (like the toner and moisturizer) because it really helps control your acne overall.

PROS:
I love the smell
It does dry out skin (if that's even a good thing?)
Don't need to use a lot for it to lather into skin

CONS:
My skin has never broken out this bad (I've been using the product for about a month... and was hopeful that my skin was just 'adjusting' to the product)
I think it was over drying
It was pretty inexpensive

Overall I wont be purchasing the product again, at this point I'm frustrated trying to find something for my combination skin :(

Hello!

This is actually a really great product! however I would not buy it again, this is for two reasons

1) My acne did not reduce.
2) After washing my face my skin would go red around my nose, checks, chin and forehead.

Thanks! xx

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I really like this cleanser. I had this for a while but the first time i tried this, i didn't like if because it didn't foam and i didn't feel like my face was really clean. But i ran out of my cetaphil cleanser so i just used this as a sub. I feel like i have to use a bit more to completely get all the dirt and makeup off my skin and to spread it since it doesn't foam much. This also got rid of my pimples fast! Nothing has ever done that for me before. The first day my blemishes were tiny and then the next day they were gone. This cleanser makes my skin glow too and my skin doesn't get flakey in my dry areas anymore. I really love this.

Edit: Still love this. It gets rid of most of my pimple. The big blemishes take some more work .But i find that this works really well if you take about atwo quater sized amounts on your wet palm and rub your hands all over your face untill it foams up. When it foams, keep rubbing for about a minute and then rinse. This allows the cleanser to really get into your skin and lift off all the dirt out of your pores.