July 30, 2014 | 1572 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I had this for a while but the first time i tried this, i didn't like if because it didn't foam and i didn't feel like my face was really clean. But i ran out of my cetaphil cleanser so i just used this as a sub. I feel like i have to use a bit more to completely get all the dirt and makeup off my skin and to spread it since it doesn't foam much. This also got rid of my pimples fast! Nothing has ever done that for me before. The first day my blemishes were tiny and then the next day they were gone. This cleanser makes my skin glow too and my skin doesn't get flakey in my dry areas anymore. I really love this.

Edit: Still love this. It gets rid of most of my pimple. The big blemishes take some more work .But i find that this works really well if you take about atwo quater sized amounts on your wet palm and rub your hands all over your face untill it foams up. When it foams, keep rubbing for about a minute and then rinse. This allows the cleanser to really get into your skin and lift off all the dirt out of your pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love hurts bee's products but i really hated this one. It didn't do anything for my face except make me break out even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Mimiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, it's one of my stapples! I had first tried it when I used my Neutrogena Rapid Clear Scrub and I started breaking out and getting kind of like a rash on my forehead. I wanted my face to just calm down, so I wanted something natural, and I saw this at my kmart and brought it. After about a week my skin got better and the rash was gone. I don't use the toner, etc from this line tough, because I believe Witch Hazel is the best toner out there! But I love this product. It lasts a long time and you don't need much! It is very gentle on my skin, yet effective. I have combination but acne prone skin and it doesn't dry me out, but gets rid of my acne. I hardly break out while using this & I think it's something anyone with acne should try before choosing something that has more chemicals in it. No sulfates or parabens or anything like that. I use it morning and night. You should really give it a try! It oculd be cheaper, but since it lasts soo long and you need so little, it's wroth it! In Puerto Rico this cost me about $14.00 I think. I think you should always try something natural first (: I simply love this cleanser so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great natural acne cleanser at a reasonable price! Smells good with no added artificial fragrance or irritating peppermint (ahem, Alba). Does not dry my face out. The formula is a little watery, but it still foams up nicely. Has helped to keep my face clear and balanced. Love Burt's Bees!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by shenderhan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! The only reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 is because the bottle is so small. However you do NOT need a bunch- usually a dime to nickel size amount lathers up well. After using Proactiv for a few months my face was somewhat clear. Too much benzol peroxide, though...my skin was aggitated, red, and I was starting to get cysts on my cheeks. I had seen this cleanser at Walgreen's and figured it was worth a try; "natural" sounded so much more gentle than the list of ingredients in Proactiv. Glad I did- it cleans very well and I follow it at night with the their clarifying toner. I also use a dab of Neutrogena spot treatment on exisiting bumps. (Yes, it's benzol peroxide but I'm not washing my face in the stuff like with Proactiv!) If you want a gentle cleanser, give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product pretty well. This is the first time I've used an acne cleanser daily and so that seems to be the trick. It removes the extra oil from my skin but it's never over-drying. Typically my face breaks out worse with my monthly cycle and so it seems thanks to this that it was very mild unlike other months. I'll keep using this and see how it works. So far, so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by eddiecatt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So far so good! I have been struggling with adult acne which is fairly mild but because my skin scars easily, everything leaves a mark. I started using this about three weeks ago, and after the first week (knock on wood) I have not had any new acne. This is kind of unusual for me, so I'm assuming this cleanser has something to do with it! I have also been using honey and cinnamon scrub masks and have been carefully experimenting with virgin coconut oil, so perhaps those things are helping too. But this cleanser seems quite effective and doesn't dry out my skin. Works well with the Clarisonic! I'm not sure why people hate the packaging so much--it's easy to use and recyclable/reusable. Oh, and I should mention that my acne scars seem to be fading slowly too, which is huge. I've learned that my skin does not do miracles, so it isn't as if this cleanser has given me perfect skin overnight, but the improvement is noticeable, and I'm feeling pretty upbeat about things!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by deepviolet

I'm not someone with acne-prone skin, but the birth control I was on a month ago gave me a ton of acne... I bought this product and my face cleared within a few days! I also bought the moisturizer and spot treatment that went with it.

It's important for me to find the most natural products for my body that I can find. I don't like the idea of putting chemicals on my skin. Burt's Bee's uses all natural ingredients, I think willow bark and tea tree oil are the top ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by CallieIsHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price: $10 - Kinda testy for something you've never tried before, especially when it comes in what appears to be a pretty small bottle. This product will last me 6 weeks, meaning 84 uses, which is less than 12 cents per use.
Packaging: Tall squeeze-bottle that stands upright. Has a lid similar to that of sun lotion. - Here is where it gets a little tricky. As you have already read, though this is called a 'gel cleanser,' it is a liquid. The packaging for this product could have helped or hurt the consumer, and, unfortunately, Burt's Bees chose packaging that certainly didn't help. It would have been sooo much easier if this had been a lockable pump!
How I Use: I normally put a quarter-size ammount in my palm and lather in my hands. I then massage it into my face and the foaming magic starts to happen! It is at times diffucult to wash off completely with the sink faucet, so be careful about that. This product personally leaves no residue for me. I use it with: Dermalogica Active Moist, Serious Skin Care Glycolic 3 Mask, and Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Face Lotion [leave-on glycolic treatment].
Results: It's been 2 weeks since I first started using this cleanser. The results are the quickest and most pleasing results I have ever gotten with a skin care product. It is clearing up my acne so well, I can't hardly believe it. I still get blemishes, of course, but they don't stay with me nearly as long since I started using this cleanser. I don't really see it helping my acne scars, though [just pigmentation].. kind of disappointing, but these things don't happen over night. I haven't had any bad reactions to this, redness or acne-wise. Overall and as I can see now, I love this product and will stick to it! FOUND MY HG CLEANSER!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by coquetries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This item seems to be very hit or miss. On the plus side, it doesn’t smell bad, and it has a nice gel-liquid consistency. On the down side, it did nothing for my breakouts. In fact, I seem to consistency have bad complexion while using this cleanser. I went through 2 full bottles, waiting for it to work, and it never did. My skin immediately cleared up when I switched from this cleanser to a Cleansing Oil. This leads me to conclude that BB’s Purifying Cleanser actually does not remove all makeup very well.