Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.0%)(Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Salix Nigra Bark Extract (Willow), Coco Betaine, Betaine, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract (Beet), Oenothera Biennis Leaf Extract (Evening Primrose), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Glycerin, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco Glucoside, Fragrance, Glucose, Alcohol Denat., Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/24/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use it with the other Burt's Bees "Natural Acne Solutions" set, so overall, I love the whole line of these products. I have used other products before for acne, like Proactiv (clear skin but too harsh), Clinique, Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, etc. etc. None of them worked for me. However with Burt's bees, it didn't necessarily clear away my acne in one night but slowly improved my skin overall. My skin felt healthy and like it could breathe and I think that in effect improved my acne. If you do try to use it, use it with other Burt's Bees products (like the toner and moisturizer) because it really helps control your acne overall.

on 11/19/2012 6:08:00 PM

PROS:
I love the smell
It does dry out skin (if that's even a good thing?)
Don't need to use a lot for it to lather into skin

CONS:
My skin has never broken out this bad (I've been using the product for about a month... and was hopeful that my skin was just 'adjusting' to the product)
I think it was over drying
It was pretty inexpensive

Overall I wont be purchasing the product again, at this point I'm frustrated trying to find something for my combination skin :(

on 10/21/2012 11:06:00 PM

Hello!

This is actually a really great product! however I would not buy it again, this is for two reasons

1) My acne did not reduce.
2) After washing my face my skin would go red around my nose, checks, chin and forehead.

Thanks! xx

on 9/18/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I really like this cleanser. I had this for a while but the first time i tried this, i didn't like if because it didn't foam and i didn't feel like my face was really clean. But i ran out of my cetaphil cleanser so i just used this as a sub. I feel like i have to use a bit more to completely get all the dirt and makeup off my skin and to spread it since it doesn't foam much. This also got rid of my pimples fast! Nothing has ever done that for me before. The first day my blemishes were tiny and then the next day they were gone. This cleanser makes my skin glow too and my skin doesn't get flakey in my dry areas anymore. I really love this.

Edit: Still love this. It gets rid of most of my pimple. The big blemishes take some more work .But i find that this works really well if you take about atwo quater sized amounts on your wet palm and rub your hands all over your face untill it foams up. When it foams, keep rubbing for about a minute and then rinse. This allows the cleanser to really get into your skin and lift off all the dirt out of your pores.

on 9/9/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love hurts bee's products but i really hated this one. It didn't do anything for my face except make me break out even more.

on 6/25/2012 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this, it's one of my stapples! I had first tried it when I used my Neutrogena Rapid Clear Scrub and I started breaking out and getting kind of like a rash on my forehead. I wanted my face to just calm down, so I wanted something natural, and I saw this at my kmart and brought it. After about a week my skin got better and the rash was gone. I don't use the toner, etc from this line tough, because I believe Witch Hazel is the best toner out there! But I love this product. It lasts a long time and you don't need much! It is very gentle on my skin, yet effective. I have combination but acne prone skin and it doesn't dry me out, but gets rid of my acne. I hardly break out while using this & I think it's something anyone with acne should try before choosing something that has more chemicals in it. No sulfates or parabens or anything like that. I use it morning and night. You should really give it a try! It oculd be cheaper, but since it lasts soo long and you need so little, it's wroth it! In Puerto Rico this cost me about $14.00 I think. I think you should always try something natural first (: I simply love this cleanser so much!

on 6/12/2012 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great natural acne cleanser at a reasonable price! Smells good with no added artificial fragrance or irritating peppermint (ahem, Alba). Does not dry my face out. The formula is a little watery, but it still foams up nicely. Has helped to keep my face clear and balanced. Love Burt's Bees!

on 5/12/2012 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this cleanser! The only reason I didn't give it a perfect 5 is because the bottle is so small. However you do NOT need a bunch- usually a dime to nickel size amount lathers up well. After using Proactiv for a few months my face was somewhat clear. Too much benzol peroxide, though...my skin was aggitated, red, and I was starting to get cysts on my cheeks. I had seen this cleanser at Walgreen's and figured it was worth a try; "natural" sounded so much more gentle than the list of ingredients in Proactiv. Glad I did- it cleans very well and I follow it at night with the their clarifying toner. I also use a dab of Neutrogena spot treatment on exisiting bumps. (Yes, it's benzol peroxide but I'm not washing my face in the stuff like with Proactiv!) If you want a gentle cleanser, give it a try.

on 4/15/2012 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this product pretty well. This is the first time I've used an acne cleanser daily and so that seems to be the trick. It removes the extra oil from my skin but it's never over-drying. Typically my face breaks out worse with my monthly cycle and so it seems thanks to this that it was very mild unlike other months. I'll keep using this and see how it works. So far, so good.

on 4/13/2012 3:24:00 AM

So far so good! I have been struggling with adult acne which is fairly mild but because my skin scars easily, everything leaves a mark. I started using this about three weeks ago, and after the first week (knock on wood) I have not had any new acne. This is kind of unusual for me, so I'm assuming this cleanser has something to do with it! I have also been using honey and cinnamon scrub masks and have been carefully experimenting with virgin coconut oil, so perhaps those things are helping too. But this cleanser seems quite effective and doesn't dry out my skin. Works well with the Clarisonic! I'm not sure why people hate the packaging so much--it's easy to use and recyclable/reusable. Oh, and I should mention that my acne scars seem to be fading slowly too, which is huge. I've learned that my skin does not do miracles, so it isn't as if this cleanser has given me perfect skin overnight, but the improvement is noticeable, and I'm feeling pretty upbeat about things!