tria Laser Hair Removal System

3.6

on 1/29/2013 4:13:00 PM

This lamp did not work for me. I have more hair than before, unbelievable! Some are thicker than before. I called Tria Laser and I told them I did not see any reduction in hair growth, they told me to keep on using the lamp, So I followed their advice. Then I realized after month 9 or 10 that my hair was getting thicker and I was having more follicles. So, I stopped using it. I will not recommend this product to anybody. I am very disappointed with this company.

I gave this what imo is a good shot. I have pale skin, dark hair, used it just as the directions said, and I still don't think I see results. I'll use it a little longer and update if I see ANY difference in my body hair. As of right now, I say do NOT waste your hard-earned money folks.

on 11/2/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My comments reflect those of previous reviewers. The Tria is a miracle. However, just like "dieting and exercise" are miracles to losing weight, you have to work at it to get the results you want. The treatment tip is tiny, and especially when you are first starting out with lots of dark hair, it seems to take forever and is painful. When I was doing it originally, some of the "zaps" brought tears in my eyes. Do not get discouraged! My best suggestion it to just do 10 minutes a a day, at the highest setting, (hurts more, but, you will see results faster.) My bikini line is hair free for over a YEAR now. Now, I never have to do emergency wax/shaving before visiting my fiance out of state. It's the best money I've ever spent on a beauty item - and the most lasting effects.

on 9/17/2012 12:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Several years ago I had a series of 6 professional laser treatments to my bikini line and loved the results. It brought the end of razor bumps and unsightly ingrown hairs. I was so thrilled the first time I took a vacation that required a bathing suit but no shaving! I bought the Tria to use on my armpits and to maintain my bikini. The thing is, you have to be patient! The strength is nowhere near the salon lasers so it will take longer to see results. Oh and btw, the professional lasers HURT LIKE A MOTHER!

My results: I've been using this off and on for a few years. My results could be better if I stuck with a schedule and didn't get lazy. I can go several days without shaving my armpits and even then there are not many hairs to shave away.

Cost: The cost of my office laser treatments was $700 total. And that was for one area! The cost of the Tria has come down since it was first released and now runs $395. For that you can treat as many areas as you want in the privacy of your own home. I'm trying to talk my husband into letting me use it on the back of his neck because he hates shaving his hairline.

Again please note - this is going to take commitment! You are not likely to see huge results before your warranty period is up. But if you're willing to sacrifice more immediate results you will be rewarded with more money in your wallet, less discomfort during your treatment and no limitations on how many areas you can treat.

on 9/17/2012 11:04:00 AM

I think it's an amazing product, I first stumbled upon it at tria hair removal. I always thought the reviews about it were a bit "under estimating" its true abilities. After I received it a 2 months ago I fell in love with it. continued >>

on 9/11/2012 11:27:00 AM

I have had the unit for 6 months now and have followed instructions exactly. Now after reading back all of the posts i can see that most people commented that the hair was less course. I use it on lip and chin. Same here less ..course but still there. I really don't think this is removing hair. I had real laser at a plastic surgeon office many years ago and that works. This is not something i would recommend uless..less course is enough for you. Also the time committment involved is tedious and had i gone to a clinic i would have been done with it a long time ago. Go to a clinic. Sorry, someone had to say it!

on 6/23/2012 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love my Tria, but it hurts. I've read some reviews saying if it hurts you that "you have a low pain threshold." What biased and asinine comments. I can get tattooed (and I have many large ones) without blinking an eye, but to me, the Tria hurts.
It's all relative to the area I use it on though. Legs are a breeze, underarms and bikini area are a nightmare. I have very pale skin and black, thick hair- the kind where 3-4 hair shafts seem to be coming from the same follicle. If I wax, I bleed a lot and bruise a lot as well. Shaving use to leave me bleeding and with horrible razor burn, making me extremely prone to ingrown hairs.
Since starting my regimen, I no longer bleed when I shave or get razor burn, which makes the device worth every penny and every bit of discomfort. I notice a decrease in hair density, but it's difficult to offer a percentage or to state if it is a lasting reduction as I am only six months into an eight month term.

on 4/27/2012 6:34:00 AM

I have had the Tria for 4 months only and used is quite lazily. I am fair skinned with dark coarse hair. This thing is a miracle worker. I already have half the hair I use to on my legs. It also takes way longer for it to grow back in. It's also softer and not coarse any more. I used to have stubble after 2 hours of shaving, now it takes 2 days. For that alone I would be happy. I am not sure if this will rid me of all my hair but so far it is doing a good job and is WAY cheaper than salon laser treatments. I am happy and would recommend purchasing to anyone with the right hair/skin combo.

I've had my Tria for about a month now. It's the latest model with 5 power settings and 3 hour quick charge.
The package is really nicely done with instructions and seems very upscale--which it ought to be for the high price.
Unlocking the laser is not as they claim. You can't do it online but instead have to call in and talk to a rep. I think they want to make sure you aren't using it for something they don't approve of, like the face or whatever--so just tell them it's for legs and you're fine--they unlock your laser and you're good to go. haha
I bought mine to do my legs, underarms and my, you know--not just the bikini line...But that wouldn't be Tria-approved so I didn't mention that to the rep.haha
First, I have dark hair--I'm not gonna lie--I'm not a natural blonde.lol So having dark hairy legs and blonde hair doesn't work for me... So dark hair and pale skin are ideal for this laser to work.
The laser works quite well on 'coarse' hair. I have some finer, brown hair on my arms that I lasered but it doesn't seem to really work on them. Tria really works quite well on those icky, dark, thick hairs that make us totally embarrassed.
I use it on a level 4 and can do my arms/pits, legs and 'you know' before it loses it's charge. I go over everything and if I miss a spot, no worries, I just do the same thing a day or two later--I would rather give myself a general full-lasering than concentrate on one area at a time... It seems to work. All the dark, coarse hair is falling out. As one poster said, it does not vaporize the hair like a professional treatment because the Tria has less power. Instead the lasered hair kind of falls out on it's own--hence the need to continue shaving.
I have to say since using it, I get a much better shave. I don't feel the razor get hung up on those thicker hairs anymore because they're all gone. Honestly, my legs and 'you know' have never been so smooth! I come from a family where we have like 3 hairs coming out of one pore or so it seems--so to be so smooth and nice is just a dream come true!
Tria is alot of work. The spot size is really small--like the size of a dime, and with it being so underpowered it takes more uses to get a smooth result, but IMHO it is definitely worth it!!! I've had professional lasering done, and it's way more expensive and you have to complete the whole treatment plan to get permanent results--and the whole plan can be several thousand dollars! So the $500 (or whatever it is) Tria is a great investment!!! Plus they give you an Easy-Pay option which is what hooked me!

After a month or so of use, I am smoother than I ever dreamed of and much of me will stay that way...Whatever grows in now would be new hairs that haven't been treated yet--but they'll get theirs!haha Shaving now takes a couple of minutes, whereas before it seemed to take forever and wear out my razor really quickly. I can't say enough good stuff about the Tria!

Oh and I can say that if you use it places that Tria doesn't approve of--like hoo hoo's or on the face--it works there as well. In fact, it works fabulously on hoo hoo's!!! No more ingrown hairs and no more Brazilian wax lady!!!

I'll let you know in the next couple of months if this is a permanent kind of thing, but right now it looks very promising!

Edit 6/13/12.....
Still hair free!!! Only a few new hairs have grown in and I'm zapping them as they come. My legs have never, ever been this smooth and nice!!!! Seriously, this is a life-changing product...Just keep at it, it does work if you take the time to use it consistently :)

I haven't had the Tria long enough to really give it a fair review, but so far I think it is almost a miracle for me! I'm very fair skinned and have dark hair. If I were to let my facial hair grow out (and not shave it) I would seriously have a full beard-no joking. So I bought the Tria strictly for my facial hair, although I have used it on other body parts as well. I'm really surprised at some of the reviews that said it hurts, I use it on level 5 and hardly feel a thing!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools