December 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - tria - Laser Hair Removal System

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My comments reflect those of previous reviewers. The Tria is a miracle. However, just like "dieting and exercise" are miracles to losing weight, you have to work at it to get the results you want. The treatment tip is tiny, and especially when you are first starting out with lots of dark hair, it seems to take forever and is painful. When I was doing it originally, some of the "zaps" brought tears in my eyes. Do not get discouraged! My best suggestion it to just do 10 minutes a a day, at the highest setting, (hurts more, but, you will see results faster.) My bikini line is hair free for over a YEAR now. Now, I never have to do emergency wax/shaving before visiting my fiance out of state. It's the best money I've ever spent on a beauty item - and the most lasting effects.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Several years ago I had a series of 6 professional laser treatments to my bikini line and loved the results. It brought the end of razor bumps and unsightly ingrown hairs. I was so thrilled the first time I took a vacation that required a bathing suit but no shaving! I bought the Tria to use on my armpits and to maintain my bikini. The thing is, you have to be patient! The strength is nowhere near the salon lasers so it will take longer to see results. Oh and btw, the professional lasers HURT LIKE A MOTHER!

My results: I've been using this off and on for a few years. My results could be better if I stuck with a schedule and didn't get lazy. I can go several days without shaving my armpits and even then there are not many hairs to shave away.

Cost: The cost of my office laser treatments was $700 total. And that was for one area! The cost of the Tria has come down since it was first released and now runs $395. For that you can treat as many areas as you want in the privacy of your own home. I'm trying to talk my husband into letting me use it on the back of his neck because he hates shaving his hairline.

Again please note - this is going to take commitment! You are not likely to see huge results before your warranty period is up. But if you're willing to sacrifice more immediate results you will be rewarded with more money in your wallet, less discomfort during your treatment and no limitations on how many areas you can treat.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by tria2

I think it's an amazing product, I first stumbled upon it at tria hair removal. I always thought the reviews about it were a bit "under estimating" its true abilities. After I received it a 2 months ago I fell in love with it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Mathisk

I have had the unit for 6 months now and have followed instructions exactly. Now after reading back all of the posts i can see that most people commented that the hair was less course. I use it on lip and chin. Same here less ..course but still there. I really don't think this is removing hair. I had real laser at a plastic surgeon office many years ago and that works. This is not something i would recommend uless..less course is enough for you. Also the time committment involved is tedious and had i gone to a clinic i would have been done with it a long time ago. Go to a clinic. Sorry, someone had to say it!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by jma30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love my Tria, but it hurts. I've read some reviews saying if it hurts you that "you have a low pain threshold." What biased and asinine comments. I can get tattooed (and I have many large ones) without blinking an eye, but to me, the Tria hurts.
It's all relative to the area I use it on though. Legs are a breeze, underarms and bikini area are a nightmare. I have very pale skin and black, thick hair- the kind where 3-4 hair shafts seem to be coming from the same follicle. If I wax, I bleed a lot and bruise a lot as well. Shaving use to leave me bleeding and with horrible razor burn, making me extremely prone to ingrown hairs.
Since starting my regimen, I no longer bleed when I shave or get razor burn, which makes the device worth every penny and every bit of discomfort. I notice a decrease in hair density, but it's difficult to offer a percentage or to state if it is a lasting reduction as I am only six months into an eight month term.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by PaleFenix

I have had the Tria for 4 months only and used is quite lazily. I am fair skinned with dark coarse hair. This thing is a miracle worker. I already have half the hair I use to on my legs. It also takes way longer for it to grow back in. It's also softer and not coarse any more. I used to have stubble after 2 hours of shaving, now it takes 2 days. For that alone I would be happy. I am not sure if this will rid me of all my hair but so far it is doing a good job and is WAY cheaper than salon laser treatments. I am happy and would recommend purchasing to anyone with the right hair/skin combo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had my Tria for about a month now. It's the latest model with 5 power settings and 3 hour quick charge.
The package is really nicely done with instructions and seems very upscale--which it ought to be for the high price.
Unlocking the laser is not as they claim. You can't do it online but instead have to call in and talk to a rep. I think they want to make sure you aren't using it for something they don't approve of, like the face or whatever--so just tell them it's for legs and you're fine--they unlock your laser and you're good to go. haha
I bought mine to do my legs, underarms and my, you know--not just the bikini line...But that wouldn't be Tria-approved so I didn't mention that to the rep.haha
First, I have dark hair--I'm not gonna lie--I'm not a natural blonde.lol So having dark hairy legs and blonde hair doesn't work for me... So dark hair and pale skin are ideal for this laser to work.
The laser works quite well on 'coarse' hair. I have some finer, brown hair on my arms that I lasered but it doesn't seem to really work on them. Tria really works quite well on those icky, dark, thick hairs that make us totally embarrassed.
I use it on a level 4 and can do my arms/pits, legs and 'you know' before it loses it's charge. I go over everything and if I miss a spot, no worries, I just do the same thing a day or two later--I would rather give myself a general full-lasering than concentrate on one area at a time... It seems to work. All the dark, coarse hair is falling out. As one poster said, it does not vaporize the hair like a professional treatment because the Tria has less power. Instead the lasered hair kind of falls out on it's own--hence the need to continue shaving.
I have to say since using it, I get a much better shave. I don't feel the razor get hung up on those thicker hairs anymore because they're all gone. Honestly, my legs and 'you know' have never been so smooth! I come from a family where we have like 3 hairs coming out of one pore or so it seems--so to be so smooth and nice is just a dream come true!
Tria is alot of work. The spot size is really small--like the size of a dime, and with it being so underpowered it takes more uses to get a smooth result, but IMHO it is definitely worth it!!! I've had professional lasering done, and it's way more expensive and you have to complete the whole treatment plan to get permanent results--and the whole plan can be several thousand dollars! So the $500 (or whatever it is) Tria is a great investment!!! Plus they give you an Easy-Pay option which is what hooked me!

After a month or so of use, I am smoother than I ever dreamed of and much of me will stay that way...Whatever grows in now would be new hairs that haven't been treated yet--but they'll get theirs!haha Shaving now takes a couple of minutes, whereas before it seemed to take forever and wear out my razor really quickly. I can't say enough good stuff about the Tria!

Oh and I can say that if you use it places that Tria doesn't approve of--like hoo hoo's or on the face--it works there as well. In fact, it works fabulously on hoo hoo's!!! No more ingrown hairs and no more Brazilian wax lady!!!

I'll let you know in the next couple of months if this is a permanent kind of thing, but right now it looks very promising!

Edit 6/13/12.....
Still hair free!!! Only a few new hairs have grown in and I'm zapping them as they come. My legs have never, ever been this smooth and nice!!!! Seriously, this is a life-changing product...Just keep at it, it does work if you take the time to use it consistently :)

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by denisekline74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't had the Tria long enough to really give it a fair review, but so far I think it is almost a miracle for me! I'm very fair skinned and have dark hair. If I were to let my facial hair grow out (and not shave it) I would seriously have a full beard-no joking. So I bought the Tria strictly for my facial hair, although I have used it on other body parts as well. I'm really surprised at some of the reviews that said it hurts, I use it on level 5 and hardly feel a thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

RESULTS_ 1 Year of Use - Less hair but still a lot

I bought my Tria one year ago - it lasted a bit less than a year before it refused to take/keep a charge.I am the perfect target for a Tria laser - pale skin, dark hair.I have always had a lot of hair where I don't want it. My arms, left au natural, are hairier than many women's legs. My mustache - i spent a lot of time having electrolysis done to address that early on. Also - both the woman who did the electrolysis, the laser tech and past waxers said I had deep roots ( it true - I guess this could be a factor).

I always used Tria on the highest setting - which is in no way as strong as a professional laser,which causes intense heat and immediate and obvious destruction of hair - to the point where I applied ice packs afterwards. People who say Tria really hurts must have a low pain threshold. It is not as bad as a poorly done bikini waxing!

How used: on legs, arms,underarms, in the bikini area and on my neck. I did this week after week, several days a week ( it takes a long time to cover this much area with a dime size surface, plus long recharge times) probably dropping off in December. But that was 8 months of relentless zapping, plus 2-3 months of more lackadaisical application.

Hair reduction? I believe that there is less overall, but Tria wouldn't want to use a close up of my hairy arms or upper legs as an advertisement. Yet there are some patches of noticeably less growth; also, in the bikini area, there must be less hair because I do not get the ingrown hairs that used to plague me after shaving. And my underarms have less obvious hair.

I wish that thing hadn't stopped working, as I would continue to plug away at it. Would l I buy another? I don't know. If they could offer a stronger model, yes. This is VERY time consuming. DO I feel I made a mistake on buying it? NO, it did help some, and It was worth a try. If you have less vigorous body hair, It may have a more pronounced effect.

Should you buy one? Read and consider. For me it wasn't the panacea that i hoped for. But I don't fell 'ripped off' altho I think any appliance should last more than a year... And I think my frequent use - necessary for my hair - was a reason...

OK - It's much later - December 2012 - and I want to add to the above. The Tria started working again - have not idea what the glitch was. I have also had a long time to look at/for results. There is definitely way less hair on my legs. But there is hair. Way less hair in underarm area. Shaving is much faster because of the decrease. I do not get the ingrown hairs in the bikini-upper leg area - because, I believe, the Tria did zap some of those dense hairs. MAybe a lot of 'em.

Now - boy, it does take forever to round up leg hairs - so much territory, and no way to tell where you should place that dime sized tip. Now that I would like to target the worse spots, I really wish there was some way to tell the difference between hairless and hairy! I considered using a marker but they advise against it!

Also, earlier this year when the Tria seemed to have bit the dust I went and bought a different brand - under the Remington name - because it had a larger head.It was inferior to the Tria based on value. For the Remington, you must buy replacement heads, which wear out much more quickly than advertised.I couldn't tell of course whether it was more/less effective at zapping hair follicles - only that it would cost at least double the cost of a Tria - or more - to cover an equivalent amount of hair.

So this is a kind of tribute to Tria - altho' it has much more time consuming than I ever anticipated, it is a respectable product that can help those of us with dark enough hair on pale enough skin.
I have upped my ratings. Package quality is irrelevant to me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

****Update*****JULY 6,2012
Still in the same routine, except I did a little switching up so I would be going my underarms at a different week then my legs because they take so long. Still soooo happy with the results. I am coming up to the 3 month mark- so I will be shortly moving into a monthly sessions rather that bi-weekly. I do have to admit though I have been slacking on my bikini "area" and missed my last 2 sessions. But, I am still ecstatic with the results. No more bleeding or ingrowns when I shave.and there is still a very significant reduction of regrowth. I have learned to take ibuprofen before the more painful underarm/bikini line/bikini "area" sessions (along with the use of good old fashioned ice). I also have been using Amlactin (an exfoliating moisterizer) 2x a day on my legs, and not applying it the days I "zap" (so it dosent cause sensitivity)It has greatly reduced the KP/rough skin on the back of my legs, which seems to let the laser get the hair more effectively.

***Update***MAY 28,2012
I am still using this religiously, and let me tell you, it WORKS. But, as another reviewer perfectly describes it, it is very much "sweat equity". You get it what you put in, and if you are not dedicated to following the bi weekly routine, you will not get maximum results. I have seen truly a remarkable difference as to how often, how soft, how much, hair is growing back. In some cases, it is truly GONE!! My hair is much softer when it grows in, and I don't shave near as often. When I do, I don't have to change my blade as often as before because my hair isn't as coarse. Today I did my third treatment for my legs, and let me tell you it is time consuming (yesterday was my bikini line and pits). I should have divided my treatment areas better so I was doing another area with my bikini "area". But oh well :) now that I am really getting the hang of it and being a lot more through, I am finding one charge will cover my pits and half my bikini line.(mostly on a 5, sometimes I wuss out and take it down to a 4). One charge will also cover the other half of my bikini line, and about 3/4 of my lower leg. I am finding that each leg basically takes 2 whole charges. And besides the size of the treatment head on the Tria, my only other complaint ( as I have stated before) would be the battery life. But then again, it works. Maybe they will improve those features on the next generation model. I will keep trucking though, in 6 weeks I go to monthly treatments, wool hoo!!!!

I have been 'blessed' with thick, coarse dark hair. Since I was about 13 or so I always wondered what it would be like to shave my legs, bikini line, underarms and not have a 5 o'clock shadow what seems like hours later. I lived with it, figuring it was impossible to achieve. I have had bikini waxes (super ouch!! Sore and red for a day or two after), depilatory creams (burned my skin and/or didn't remove the hair bc my hair is so coarse), of course shaving....nothing ever got me the results I wanted. Now that I am nearly 30, I started to explore laser treatments. Anywhere reputable would be too far of a drive where I live, and my work schedule varies from time to time so keeping appointments would be inconvenient. Then I came across Tria. I thought it over for a few weeks, and decided to go for it after seeing how pricy it would be for me to get lasered in a salon. With the money back guerentee and easy pay plan, I was sold! So far, my only complaints would be the time it takes due to the size of the laser, and battery life. But, if this works I can live with that. :) I will be updating my progress as necessary.

4/14
Areas treated:
Bikini line, underarms and a couple of spots on my cheeks, and neck.
Took about 15 minutes. I used the 3 setting, tried to go up to 4 but it was just too much! But, I was also in a hurry so I can see where a 4 or 5 can be tolerable if you numb the area first. (Be careful if you decide to use topical lidocane and don't overuse :) I came across some info about lidocane that was helpful.

see article: http://uni-blake.suite101.com/fda-issues-warnings-on-topical-anesthetics-a92719t. I have heard ice is a safer alternative) I know the face is a no no but, I figured if it is approved in Japan and UK I could try a couple small spots and see how it goes.

4/15
Areas treated: lower legs
But I think for one charge I got pretty far. I was able to tolerate a 4. The treatment part of the laser could be larger for this area.need 2 charges for this area.

4/24
Areas treated: bikini "area".
I was able to tolerate a 4, with ice. Make sure you use ice or it hurts like you know what :) I am not going to lie, even with ice it does hurt a little but gets more tolerable as you go along (natural endorphins?) Taking ibprofin helped a lot. Took about a half-3/4 of a charge, half hour time wise. Also, I watched a few leg hairs fall out as I dried off from the shower, yay :) (From the areas I treated a week and a half ago)

4/26
Areas treated: Bikini line, a few spots on cheeks,neck:
I know I am 2 days from officially 2 weeks but I had some extra time and thought maybe 2 days wouldn't make much difference :) I noticed this hair growing in wayyyy way softer/finer the past 2 weeks. It usually feels like coarse grain sandpaper after a day of not shaving! So, I would say my hair is growing in 50% finer in this area, with a few areas appearing to be not growing back. This is progress. Note: I tried a numbing spray with benzocane intended to numb sunburns, it did nothing. Legs and pits tomorrow!!

4/27
Areas treated: armpits, half lower leg
Was able to tolerate a 4, occasional 5 with ice on my underarms. It really does get more tolerable every time. I started my leg to see how far the charge would go.

Areas treated: (rest of) legs
Took near an hour and 2 charges. This time I went back and forth between the 4/5 setting, the charge dosen't last as long. Ice no longer nece

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No