eos Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

3.9

Coconut Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba Seed Oil, Peppermint Leaf Oil, Shea Butter, Stevia Leaf Extract, Flavor, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E)

on 1/7/2015 3:53:00 AM

i have the honeydew- It spreads on very lightly, thinner layer than Burt's bees lip balm.
But for severely chapped lips, i don't think this one would cut it.
I usually use it as a base under lipstick, but for chapped lips, I need a more rich, moisturizing lip balm than this. The fragrance and packaging is good and cute, but it's sort of bulky to carry it around my pocket.

on 1/7/2015 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I kind of hate this lip balm. It's currently stationed at the back on my vanity's drawers as a sort of last resort if a lipstick is too dry to put on (like Ruby Woo). But alone, I hate how hard it is. I hate how it makes my lips look like they have a slight white overcast. It's not like I'm slathering this on for 5 minutes straight, but I just guess that I'm used to the moisturized sheen I get from other hydrating moisturizers. As for smell, I find that this is the most tolerable scent of the whole line. Not over powering at all.

on 12/29/2014 1:21:00 PM

I don't get the hype about the eos lip balms....they cannot stand up against the cold Canadian winter. It's just a layer of wax over your lips that doesn't moisturize at all!! It leaves my lips chapped. Except the cute packaging and the nice smell, I don't see anything good in it. It might be better for summer when you don't want something too thick and oily. I like Nivea lip balms so much more and they are cheaper too.
For cracked lips I use Nivea Essential care: it works really well. I apply it for nighttime and after 2 days my lips are completely healed.

on 12/27/2014 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a good alternative for me to Burt's Bees classic lip balm, which I find drying and irritating. Expect a fairly strong generic mint scent/flavour and a cooling tingle that lasts for five to ten minutes. Slightly less moisturizing than the other flavours - probably due to the mint - but still overall quite moisturizing and comfortable. I like this one before and after hot yoga: zing!

Like I said in my review for the summer fruit flavour, the packaging will probably be what makes or breaks this product for many people, so if you're trying it for the first time know that it's not going to fit into a pocket or a small bag, but that it doesn't get lost in a larger bag as easily as a tube and looks cuter on your nightstand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is an interesting lip balm. I have used in two flavors, mint and honey melon.
What I don't like:
1- I prefer fragrance free and organic products
2- I find it's a bit similar to my Burt's bees Acai one in terms of quality

What I like:
1- long lasting
2- moisturizing
It's a very good Chapstick but I would not say it's the best of 2014, like many awards claim.
Right now my winner is still the Little green.

on 12/17/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loveeeee the minty feel of this lip balm! I feel like this lip balm is a lot better in terms of moisture compared to the other eos, because it doesn't make my lips feel warm, waxy or itchy. I have repurchased this many times!

on 12/7/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

First saw this product placed in Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" video and finally succumbed to the hype. The EOS lip balm is packaged in a clever, egg shaped container. It would take up a lot of room in a travel bag, but is nice on my nightstand. The mint flavor is very refreshing. I took one lippie off as it is not super moisturizing, but that is probably due to the peppermint oil in this particular flavor. Just bought a Christmas set of three flavors - Pink Grapefruit, Strawberry Kiwi, and Orange Blossom. Highly tempted to gift them to myself.

on 11/25/2014 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this lip balm a lot. I'm new to the bandwagon, and I must say this is my first eos balm, but I like it a lot. It tastes good but not overwhelming, it feels silky smooth on the lips and minty. This is my favorite lip balm i own. The packaging is cute but bulky at the same time but I don't care. I like this flavor and I'm really happy I gave this a try.

on 11/14/2014 1:45:00 PM

i think one word can sum this product up.... "MEH."
This lip balm has too much hype for no reason, all becasue of the cute packaging? Please, give me something useful. It does no better job to moisturize my lips than most other mediocre lip balms, or even Vaseline for that matter.

If you have severly chapped lips, or want something to really keep your lips hydrated, I use Jack Black Mint from Sephora and I love it. Give that a try instead.

on 11/14/2014 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A good, basic lip balm. I don't have chapped, cracked lips, I just use this for basic moisturization and it works well. I think if my lips were bad, I'd use Waxelene or something else that's thicker and more occlusive.

The only cons are the packaging, which while novel is inconvenient, and the flavoring. I don't like flavoring in products that aren't food.

I haven't had any reactions to this balm.

Popular Lip Treatments