October 22, 2014 | 1453 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the third eos Lip Balm Sphere I've tried and it's the best of the lot so far. I think the packaging is cute, but it's too bulky and it makes application awkward. I can get past that, though. This is authentically minty, but despite that it doesn't dry or irritate my lips. It's a very smooth formula that stays on well and moisturizes nicely. It's good for daytime use - it's not a heavy duty, dead-of-winter, overnight treatment or anything, but it's pretty good. Easy to find, reasonable price. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sweet Mint is the smoothiest, easiest-applying EOS lip balm in their collection of scents. Mildly tingly, fresh and good for maintaining lips and keeping them supple and smooth.

EOS doesn't do a good job healing lips that are already chapped or weathered, and isn't super protective, but is great for just smoothing on around the house or before lipstick. I like the mild minty scent as it's much less powerful than their fruity ones which I'm not always in the mood for right under my nose lol.

Feels nice and barely-there on the lips, not too thick or too thin, but doesn't give any shine so if that's what you're looking for then you might want to try something away from the EOS line.

Its little egg-shaped packaging is adorable and girly and easy to find in your purse but is bulky in your pocket and tends to roll about at the most inconvenient times. Not totally practical but I like anything cute.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Funny how I had this no probs but I went to replace it & now the new one is burning my poor lips like kray-kray. The packaging is cute enough albeit a bit bulky, I don't mind paying USD$3.29 + tax when something is good but this I am very disappointed in...Too bad!! I am sorry but I need to go apply some Carmex like *now*!!!!!! ;/ (very disappointed.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rose1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading the reviews below, it seems like people either like the product for its "cute" packaging, or people do not like the product at all due to the product itself. I happen to be the opposite. I hate the packaging... it is so bulky. However, the product inside is one of the few that sooths my lips without burning or peeling. I have a terrible habit of biting the skin off of my lips (gross I know), to the point where my lips hurt really badly. This sooths them and recovers them beautifully. When I wear this overnight, my lips are happy and soft the next morning. I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lipbalm made my lips peel until it's all red, and bleeding. I would not suggest this. They probably added some ingredient in it to promote peeling so that customers would continue to apply it thinking that their lips are too dry.

I guess it's back to Burt's Bees...but their lipbalms are so expensive. And their tube broke on me. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Adorable packaging, lovely scent/taste but it didn't work for me. It was not moisturizing enough at all. We had a terrible winter so I put it away until recently, and it still made my lips dry and peely. Yuck. I won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

Super cute little lip balm. I wouldn't say it is anything to write home about, but its just too cute to not like. I agree with some reviewers that the more you use it the more moisturizer the balm gets. The top stuff is kinda "meh", but the performance was good enough for me to buy another sphere in another flavor a few weeks later.

And just an odd bit of extra info...I found this balm was wonderful to keep in my bed when I was sick with a sinus infection. My lips and under my nose would get super dry and irritated. I would take this mint balm and wipe it all around my mouth and above my lips in HUGE circles. It was really soothing and kept the area moist. I tried to only do this at night because the balm the area above my lip look super shiny, but some days I was SO uncomfortable and didn't care how I looked. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by FrancescaEQ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for a few days but I really like it! The packaging is super cute and as we don't have them here in the UK my friends are all curious when I take it out! haha

I agree with some of the other reviews that when you put it on you almost feel like you need to put on more a few minutes later; but I think because my lips seem to absorb it really well if you get past the point of feeling like you need to put more on, your lips do stay nice and soft for longer than the likes of Nivea & Carmex, I find my constantly applying those all day.

The mint tastes and smells lovely it isn't too overpowering and was a tiny bit tingly at first which feels nice and fresh!

All in all a great little product and the exchange rate makes it about 2 in the UK so happy all round!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by frijolitas04

This one is ok, but not my favorite, it's too sweet and not minty enough. I like my minty chapsticks more intense and medicated feeling, but love the fruity flavors!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by GlitteryGold

It was my very first lip balm, and it's just so smooth and moisturizing! The flavour of mint cools your lips and I almost want to eat myself haha it just tastes that good. Honestly though, it's a bit pricey for a lip balm in my opinion, even with the packs deals but that's what quality lip balm is I guess!