September 17, 2014 | 2231 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Collage909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation (golden deep), but application is key. I only usually want a light coverage and it really evens out my skintone and although it is matte, I get a very slight dewy finish. I would advise being careful because it is powder though; I exfoliate regularly, use a little at a time, and always do the recommended pour-tap-buff technique. To me, it is the perfect my-skin-but-better coverage and I will definitely re-purchase.

I wish the packaging was easier, though, I sometimes spill the foundation itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

I'm not in love with this foundation, but I do like it and would repurchase it.

As someone who is allergic to silicones, finding a good, cone-free foundation is a struggle. This one works. Tough to get super full-coverage with it, but 95% of the time I am going for a natural finish anyway. Does a great job concealing my under-eye circles.

It does not keep me really matte during the day, though. Definitely needs blotting or resetting.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ILChazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice mineral foundation, stays on on my oily face for 8 hours, doesn't dry my skin out but still manages to keep my oils at bay. No need for powder, I just blot a couple times a day. The coverage is light to medium (which is what I need). I use the shade N10 (fairly light) and I'm about NC30-35, buttered tan in EDM range. The packaging is great too. The price should be lower for what it is, but it lasts a long time (about 4 months for me) so it's not that bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

Let me start off by saying if you have acne proned, sensitive skin this product is NOT FOR YOU; this is a complete waste of money. Not only is it over priced but it destroyed my skin. I tried the Bare Minerals Ready foundation and that broke me out terribly. I decided after reading several reviews on the Bare Minerals Matte foundation, that I would give this formula a try. Huge mistake. I literally had this on for a couple hours and my forehead was oily and I was breaking out in cystic acne bumps. I drove home immediately to take it off. I will never use this brand again. I wish I could rate it a zero but one lippie will suffice. Thank goodness it was only a sample and not a full package!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by yinzhen89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to really love this. I still sorta love it now. But there are tricks to using this. Face must be absolutely oil free and clean, else it will form patches. I have some pores on my nose and if I'm not careful and apply too much, the powder will sink into my pores on my nose and it's awful. I also notice that this powder's colour oxidizes in the case after some time. Not to be kept for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by unconvential87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. covers up everything and it's matte which is awesome for me as a guy, makes me look perfect and I'm so far from perfect hahaha must have on a bad skin week. and it doesn't melt off are make my acne/clogged pores worse actually think it calms down my skin cool eh :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by brit64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as my first high end powder foundation, and unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. I bought golden fair, and I found it too yellow for my skin tone, which I thought was kinda weird, as I do have yellow/olive undertones. It did mattify, but it looked extremely powdery on my face - it was sooo obvious that I was wearing makeup. To compare, I've bought physicians formula talc free mineral powder, and purminerals spf 15 powder now, and like both of those better. I returned this matte foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by maria91

This foundation can be very good or very bad depending on your needs and expectations.

Pros:
It doesn't make spots/acne worse, neither does it break me out
Very light, almost as if I'm not wearing anything
Gives an airbrushed result

BUT

Cons:
The loose powder can take some getting used to. It can get messy and obviously you need a good brush. In my experience a brush DOES make a difference - I'd recommend the Real Techniques buffing brush, or any good quality kabuki one.
It doesn't offer much coverage. In fact, I only wear it on good skin days. If my skin's a mess I just skip it and go right to a heavy duty liquid foundation.

Overall, I'd recommend it since it doesn't break me out, but only to people with a fairly good skin, since it's not very effective on acneic ones.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Charshie

I purchased Bare Minerals because I was tired of breaking out every time I wore a liquid foundation. While I have thankfully not seen an increase in breakouts while using this product, I can't see myself continuing to use it any more.

Pros:

- Did not aggravate or cause acne
- I didn't mind the packaging or the application process.

Cons:

- The coverage is absolutely awful. I have combination skin that is prone to acne, but my acne is not extreme. I typically have 3-4 smallish problem spots at any given time. This foundation not only does not cover them unless I HEAP on the product, but it looks extremely cakey even with minimal application and emphasizes absolutely any dry spot into ridiculousness. I have very youthful looking skin for the most part but this stuff makes me look like a wrinkly old woman.

- Expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing product! Does not have talc and parabens which is really hard to find. Doesn't make me break out, looks very natural. Makes me look like I have perfect skin and doesn't look cakey. The only downside is the packaging, you cant just pop it out of your bag and apply, you need a separate mirror, tap and swirl. But its worth it.