September 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I've tried the original BM foundation and was quickly turned off by it. I slowly made my way back around to trying the matte version and I'm SO glad I did. I am a diehard The All Natural Face mineral makeup fan and will never stray, but I needed a quick fix since I recently ran out of one of my shades. The TANF shade I was using was also too light for the summer, so I needed a darker MMU to mix in. I went to Ulta with the intent on getting Golden Medium, but when I saw it IRL it was way too yellow. When I get a tan, my normally very yellow skin turns peachy, so Golden Medium was just not going to work. The next shade up was too pink, so I recruited a SA to help me. She recommended I try Golden Tan, which looked way too dark in the pot, but it seemed to be a suitable match. I have been using Golden Tan to mix into my TANF Honey Kissed and it is perfection. The color is spot on and the coverage is amazing. My face isn't completely matte, but matte enough for the hot, summer months. I haven't experienced any itching or irritation from the BM foundation either.

I've decided that the best way to apply this foundation is with a synthetic, flat top kabuki brush. It buffs on the powder evenly, and provides a natural finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by arianasau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mineral foundation I've tried! I love it. It looks natural, and makes my skin tone more even and covers up pimples (love that it doubles as a concealer). My face stays matte all day, and I find it healing my breakouts. It feels light on my face, like if I didn't wear any makeup at all. My skin is sensitive, but it didn't react to this at all. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Collage909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation (golden deep), but application is key. I only usually want a light coverage and it really evens out my skintone and although it is matte, I get a very slight dewy finish. I would advise being careful because it is powder though; I exfoliate regularly, use a little at a time, and always do the recommended pour-tap-buff technique. To me, it is the perfect my-skin-but-better coverage and I will definitely re-purchase.

I wish the packaging was easier, though, I sometimes spill the foundation itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

I'm not in love with this foundation, but I do like it and would repurchase it.

As someone who is allergic to silicones, finding a good, cone-free foundation is a struggle. This one works. Tough to get super full-coverage with it, but 95% of the time I am going for a natural finish anyway. Does a great job concealing my under-eye circles.

It does not keep me really matte during the day, though. Definitely needs blotting or resetting.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by ILChazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice mineral foundation, stays on on my oily face for 8 hours, doesn't dry my skin out but still manages to keep my oils at bay. No need for powder, I just blot a couple times a day. The coverage is light to medium (which is what I need). I use the shade N10 (fairly light) and I'm about NC30-35, buttered tan in EDM range. The packaging is great too. The price should be lower for what it is, but it lasts a long time (about 4 months for me) so it's not that bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

Let me start off by saying if you have acne proned, sensitive skin this product is NOT FOR YOU; this is a complete waste of money. Not only is it over priced but it destroyed my skin. I tried the Bare Minerals Ready foundation and that broke me out terribly. I decided after reading several reviews on the Bare Minerals Matte foundation, that I would give this formula a try. Huge mistake. I literally had this on for a couple hours and my forehead was oily and I was breaking out in cystic acne bumps. I drove home immediately to take it off. I will never use this brand again. I wish I could rate it a zero but one lippie will suffice. Thank goodness it was only a sample and not a full package!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by yinzhen89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to really love this. I still sorta love it now. But there are tricks to using this. Face must be absolutely oil free and clean, else it will form patches. I have some pores on my nose and if I'm not careful and apply too much, the powder will sink into my pores on my nose and it's awful. I also notice that this powder's colour oxidizes in the case after some time. Not to be kept for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by unconvential87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. covers up everything and it's matte which is awesome for me as a guy, makes me look perfect and I'm so far from perfect hahaha must have on a bad skin week. and it doesn't melt off are make my acne/clogged pores worse actually think it calms down my skin cool eh :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by brit64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as my first high end powder foundation, and unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. I bought golden fair, and I found it too yellow for my skin tone, which I thought was kinda weird, as I do have yellow/olive undertones. It did mattify, but it looked extremely powdery on my face - it was sooo obvious that I was wearing makeup. To compare, I've bought physicians formula talc free mineral powder, and purminerals spf 15 powder now, and like both of those better. I returned this matte foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by maria91

This foundation can be very good or very bad depending on your needs and expectations.

Pros:
It doesn't make spots/acne worse, neither does it break me out
Very light, almost as if I'm not wearing anything
Gives an airbrushed result

BUT

Cons:
The loose powder can take some getting used to. It can get messy and obviously you need a good brush. In my experience a brush DOES make a difference - I'd recommend the Real Techniques buffing brush, or any good quality kabuki one.
It doesn't offer much coverage. In fact, I only wear it on good skin days. If my skin's a mess I just skip it and go right to a heavy duty liquid foundation.

Overall, I'd recommend it since it doesn't break me out, but only to people with a fairly good skin, since it's not very effective on acneic ones.